Author Topic: Pinoy film remakes  (Read 4807 times)

Offline sosy_high

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Missing you...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pinoy film remakes
« on: Jun 29, 2007 at 01:38 PM »
ayon sa aking mga nababasa, ito na ang mga confirmed films na ireremake...isasama ko na rin ung mga Roumoured:

Ina ka ng Anak mo (Starring Nora Aunor and Judy Anne Santos)
Ang T-Bird at Ako (Starring Judy Anne Santos [again?] and Claudine Barreto)
Salome (Starring Angel Locsin directed by Gina Alajar)
Bilangin ang mga bituin sa Langit (rumoured)
Himala (rumoured)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Pinoy film remakes
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2007 at 02:43 PM »
Dios Mio, Angel Locsin needs more acting workshop before she can give justice to Laurice Guillen's SALOME. Give the project either to Claudine or Judy Ann.

The one that I see on her that needs no more workshop is her tops, nothing more, nothing less.
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2007 at 02:45 PM by keating »

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2007 at 07:48 PM »
about the rumored Himala remake... it's just plain ridiculous!

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2007 at 07:52 PM »

They will never do justice remaking this kind of movies. Do your own thing.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2007 at 07:56 PM »
I want ORO PLATA MATA to be remake but please without Lore Reyes. Bring back Peque's old gang, Don Escudero, Joey Reyes, Rody Lacap.

I'm estimating the budget will be more than 50m. Any takers?
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2007 at 07:57 PM by keating »

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2007 at 08:58 PM »

They will never do justice remaking this kind of movies. Do your own thing.

why tamper with a classic? no other director can remake Himala and no other actress can re-create the character of Elsa...

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2007 at 10:41 PM »
saka bilangin ang bituin sa langit?  i mean, ok siya ng panahon na pinalabas siya pero sa ngayon, relevant pa ba 'yung kwento niya? di na siya kakaiba.  gamit na gamit na.

himala? 'wag na rin siguro. let it remain as it is, a classic!  if they want younger audience to see it, show it in cinemas again.
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 01, 2007 at 02:24 AM »

Good point. Let the classic tagalog films be shown again on the big screen to be appreaciated both by movie buffs and by the actors wannabe and for them to learn what acting is all about.

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 01, 2007 at 04:53 AM »
I want ORO PLATA MATA to be remake but please without Lore Reyes. Bring back Peque's old gang, Don Escudero, Joey Reyes, Rody Lacap.

I'm estimating the budget will be more than 50m. Any takers?

What's with Lore Reyes? Met the guy way back and he seems nice...  :)

Offline sosy_high

• Collector
  • Missing you...
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jul 01, 2007 at 12:20 PM »
Will be remade in ABS-CBN's Sineserye:

Sister Stella L
Batch '81 (rumors said that John Lloyd Cruz will do the part of Sid Lucero)
Oro, Plata, Mata (Keating, your wish has been granted by ABS ;) )
Burlesk Queen (starring Rica Peralejo)
Natutulog pa ang Diyos (Jake Cuenca, Roxanne Guinoo, Joross Gamboa)
Miguelito: Ang batang Rebelde
Babangon Ako't Dudurugin Kita (Angelica dela Cruz)
Gumapang ka sa Lusak

Bilangin ang Bituin sa Langit will be a sineserye :)

Himala is in talks kung ireremake talaga into Sineserye, or a movie or hindi nalang...

Offline sosy_high

• Collector
  • Missing you...
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 01, 2007 at 12:26 PM »
Dios Mio, Angel Locsin needs more acting workshop before she can give justice to Laurice Guillen's SALOME. Give the project either to Claudine or Judy Ann.

The one that I see on her that needs no more workshop is her tops, nothing more, nothing less.

Gina Alajar wants Angel Locsin to reprise her role in "Salome"

Article posted April 10, 2007

Actress-director Gina Alajar spoke with PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal) on the set of "Angel of Mine," one of the episodes of Angel, a movie that Angel Locsin is co-producing with her talent manager Becky Aguila and that Gina is directing.

We asked Gina who she would consider to reprise the role she did in Salome, the 1981 film directed by Laurice Guillen, should a remake be in the offing.

"Wala akong ibang maisip but Angel," says Gina. "Actually, there are plans of doing a remake of Salome. In fact, ipinapanood ko na kay Angel yung movie."

And what was Angel's reaction?

"Shocked siya!" says Gina. "I asked her kung kaya ba niya dahil siya talaga ang iniisip kong gumawa nun because there are plans na ako rin ang magdirek ng remake. Pero ayoko munang idetalye ito. Lahat is in the planning stage pa lang naman. But if ever, I would want Angel to do it."

And does direk Gina have a leading men in mind? Johnny Delgado and Dennis Roldan were Gina's leading men in the original film.
"Yung isang lalake kasi, medyo matanda [Johnny's role], so pwede si Joel Torre for that role. Pero yung galing ng Manila [Dennis's role], I am thinking of my son Ryan [Eigenmann)] to do that role," says Gina.

It looks like Angel would want to learn so much from her lady director, but she wouldn't name her favorite directors nor compare them.

"Sabi ni Direk Gina, ang alam niya, mahal namin ang isa't isa," says Angel. "Hindi naman kami madalas nagkakausap except when we're on the set lang. pero there's a certain bond that keeps us together, e. Kaya nga alam ko na ang dami ko pang gustong matutunan.

"Should I go into directing, siyempre, kailangan ko pa ring mag-workshop. And if I will do the remake of Salome, kailangan ko ring mag-workshop pa ng katakut-takot sa kanya. Sa ngayon, hindi ko pa makita ang sarili ko doing her role."

Adds Direk Gina, "Salome was a role intended dapat for Alma Moreno during that time. But because she had to go to Rio de Janeiro to shoot Carnival Queen, sa akin napunta ang role. So yung medyo daring and super bold na scenes, e, na-tame pa ng konti.

"Kaya nung maisip namin na puwedeng i-remake ito, si Angel naman agad ang naisip ko. At ngayong nakatrabaho ko naman siya, talagang ipinapanood ko na sa kanya yung movie," ends Gina. -- PEP

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jul 01, 2007 at 03:38 PM »

Why? Why? Why are they remaking this kind of movies?

Although it's a different medium but the ones that are currently shown on tv right now turning komiks-based movies into pale t.v. series doesn't even do justice to the one being shown before in the cinema (Sineserye of Ch.2 has Palimos ng Pag-Ibig and Hiram na Mukha while Ch.7's Sinenovela has the Sinasamba Kita and the most dreadful of all so far, Pati Ba Pintig ng Puso?) They did not even bother to use the same theme (Pati Ba...) that have been used before (copyrights perhaps?) Now, both station are currently on the works in putting the two '80's classic movies on the boob tube once again by remaking Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap ( ???) on Sinenovela and Babangon Ako't Dudurugin Kita ( ??? again). Both helmed before by acclaimed directors Laurice Guillen and Lino Brocka. While both komiks materials, the directors we're able to bring out the best in their actors the role they are portraying. I believe Sharon's Babangon is one of her best movies and Hilda's Catherine in Kung Mahawi is one you truly root for. You did want them to get what is rightfully theirs at the end. And so now they are casting some relative wooden-acting actors to give new light with the role they are portraying. It's the same old banana whether it's from t.v. or from movie. Where is justice then? I'd rather watch those films over and over again every time the remakes are being shown every day.  :-\

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jul 05, 2007 at 12:22 PM »
What's with Lore Reyes? Met the guy way back and he seems nice...  :)

Peque's movies have changed since he collaborated with Lore Reyes. The only film that I liked from them was ISANG ARAW WALANG DIYOS. ONCE UPON A TIME was a childhood pleasure. The special effects were not daunting and way way ahead of its time.

But on small screen, I love CEBU, the mini-series! In defense of Lore, Peque will always say, he was on collaboration from almost the very beginning of his career starting from BINHI with Butch Perez.

Offline ralfy

• DVD Guru
  • I am the Mountie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 05, 2007 at 01:21 PM »
Given the high cost of restoring and remastering movies, I'll be happy if they can just work on the originals and many more and then release them on DVD, etc., for an international audience.

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 07, 2007 at 07:06 PM »
i read that Mac Alejandre will be directing the sineserye update of Kung Mahawi Man Ang Ulap. the film is one of the best Viva produced komiks based melodramas. it's probably Hilda's best comeback role and Amy Austria's villanous turn is almost at par with her scene stealing role in Hinugot Sa Langit...

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jul 07, 2007 at 07:09 PM »
If they will just bastardize the original concept of some of our film classics, then, they should stop remaking it on the small screen.

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jul 07, 2007 at 07:16 PM »
i haven't seen one sineserye remake that did justice to the original. first the casting is so uninspired.Sinasamba Kita was mediocre film but the Joel Lamangan update is badly written, acted and directed. suddenly the movie seemed better...

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jul 07, 2007 at 07:21 PM »
I dont know how they will squeeze ORO PLATA MATA on the small screen, probably more party scenes and more mahjong sessions?

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jul 07, 2007 at 07:26 PM »
the movie is long enough to last for three months at least...

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jul 07, 2007 at 07:32 PM »
And the costumes, where they will get from ukay-ukay;D

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jul 07, 2007 at 07:34 PM »
if they'll hire an excellent production designer, then there's hope...

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jul 25, 2007 at 09:01 PM »

GMA-7's adaptation of a Lauric Guillen classic KUNG MAHAWI MAN ANG ULAP will start airing on July 30. Oh, my....

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Aug 02, 2007 at 12:07 PM »

Tried to catch a glimpse at the pilot episode of Kung Mahawi Man Ang Ulap and I cringe. Good to see Tommy Abuel though, an underrated actor who figured pominently in '80's movies. His looks didn't changed a bit.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Aug 17, 2007 at 03:29 AM »

I cower whenever I see Kung Mahawi Man Ang Ulap previews in 7. I wonder what Laurice Guillen thinks about her classic being remade as a dismal t.v. series.  ???

Offline polio8vaccine

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 08:30 PM »
oh god I hate these TV remakes! They all suck!! The upside is I guess they generate interest to the original movies and they get to be released on vcd.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 10:36 PM »

Now , GMA-7 is remaking yet another Sharon Cuneta classic MY ONLY LOVE. What gives?