Author Topic: myUSAmailbox.com.ph  (Read 16526 times)

Offline [email protected]

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: myUSAmailbox.com.ph
« Reply #30 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 03:33 PM »
I guess this is definitely the way to go for heavy gears... will consider this next time.. 27 - 30 days is acceptable.. its the same as when I order DVDs from amazon.. it usually takes 3 - 4 weeks for the items to arrive..  :) :) :)

For air, it's 3-5 days from our US office to your doorstep.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #31 on: Sep 27, 2007 at 04:39 PM »
I played around with the calculator and I noticed that with sea cargo, the determining factor with constant package size and weight, is the declared value.  With declared value of more than $100.00 for an item weighing 1 pound or 15 or 20 pounds, the increment in shipping cost is $10 for every $100.00 increase in declared value.  My question is: Can we put the declared value to $100.00 even if the item, say, cost $300.00, or you determine the declared value from the receipt of the item if for example the item came from Amazon?

« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2007 at 04:45 PM by oreoshake »
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Sep 28, 2007 at 10:10 AM »
I played around with the calculator and I noticed that with sea cargo, the determining factor with constant package size and weight, is the declared value.  With declared value of more than $100.00 for an item weighing 1 pound or 15 or 20 pounds, the increment in shipping cost is $10 for every $100.00 increase in declared value.  My question is: Can we put the declared value to $100.00 even if the item, say, cost $300.00, or you determine the declared value from the receipt of the item if for example the item came from Amazon?

Here's the answer to your question which can be found in the FAQ:

Q. Do I have to pay Customs Duties?
A. For your convenience, MYUSAMAILBOX partners will handle all of the customs procedures for free. You are however responsible for the payment of such duties which is included each time you have items shipped. So, make sure that you fully disclose the value of the packages that you will ship from the U.S. to the Philippines. This value could be retail price, wholesale price, or any other value you feel is reasonable. Please note that our responsibility is simply to put the value you indicate in the customs form. You are ultimately responsible for determining the value and MYUSAMAILBOX will not be responsible for any delays.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Sep 28, 2007 at 11:14 AM »
Here's the answer to your question which can be found in the FAQ:

Q. Do I have to pay Customs Duties?
A. For your convenience, MYUSAMAILBOX partners will handle all of the customs procedures for free. You are however responsible for the payment of such duties which is included each time you have items shipped. So, make sure that you fully disclose the value of the packages that you will ship from the U.S. to the Philippines. This value could be retail price, wholesale price, or any other value you feel is reasonable. Please note that our responsibility is simply to put the value you indicate in the customs form. You are ultimately responsible for determining the value and MYUSAMAILBOX will not be responsible for any delays.

So dito may advantage ang JAC.  I don't have to pay any customs duties whatever the value of the item is.
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Sep 28, 2007 at 11:32 AM »
So dito may advantage ang JAC.  I don't have to pay any customs duties whatever the value of the item is.

we don't want to comment on this practice. on our part, all our packages go through regulated customs checks.
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2007 at 11:37 AM by myUSAmailbox »

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Oct 08, 2007 at 11:29 AM »
We received your application and hope that you use the service soon.

Also, to all the other PDVD members who are interested to sign-up, you may send your application through any LBC branch. Just tell the branch associate to DISPATCH the documents to our address, it's absolutely FREE.

Tried to send the application form through an LBC branch here in Davao City but they wouldn't send/dispatch the documents to your address as they haven't received any memo from the head office.

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Oct 09, 2007 at 11:07 AM »
Tried to send the application form through an LBC branch here in Davao City but they wouldn't send/dispatch the documents to your address as they haven't received any memo from the head office.

sorry about the incident. please ask them to call our head office at 852-3360 and ask for Eric Vitug or Donna Dizon if you still encounter this issue. thanks.

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Oct 26, 2007 at 12:26 PM »
Great news! In line with Christmas shopping, we have lowered the price of Air Cargo shipping by as much as 50%. Hurry, offer good until December 31, 2007.

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #38 on: Oct 26, 2007 at 02:23 PM »
That's great news  ;)

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Oct 26, 2007 at 02:25 PM »
Great news! In line with Christmas shopping, we have lowered the price of Air Cargo shipping by as much as 50%. Hurry, offer good until December 31, 2007.

Good news!!! Coupled with Christmas offerings this is gonna be a MERRY CHRISTMAS indeed!!!!!!!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 10:47 AM »
Please check our site now as the new rates have been uploaded. Happy shopping!

Offline Garuda

• Collector
  • You give love a bad name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Nov 01, 2007 at 01:43 PM »
I have just signed up on your web site. I will be ordering some things from Amazon.com soon and want to try your service. How do I get the size and weight of the box Amazon will use?

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 01:19 PM »
I have just signed up on your web site. I will be ordering some things from Amazon.com soon and want to try your service. How do I get the size and weight of the box Amazon will use?

you can check it in the specs of the item you will order. if not, then we suggest to just e-mail amazon directly.

Offline dmaximus

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • "People should know when they are conquered."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #43 on: Nov 14, 2007 at 03:35 PM »
Do you also ship stuff not bought online? :)

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Nov 16, 2007 at 10:14 AM »
Do you also ship stuff not bought online? :)

Q. Can I shop offline?
A. You can shop via mail order catalog (especially with 1-800, 1-888, 1-887 numbers) merchants, whichever you prefer. Just have it delivered to your MYUSAMAILBOX address and we'll handle the rest for you.

Q. Can I use my address for something besides buying online? Can friends abroad send me stuff through my virtual address?
A. You can order via an online (internet shopping) or offline (calling up catalog stores and real "brick & mortar" vendor) to ship your merchandise to your MYUSAMAILBOX address. You may order from the usual mail-order catalogue or even receive packages from your friends as long as you have them ship/deliver your packages to your MYUSAMAILBOX address and fill out the Shipping Request Form found in the MYUSAMAILBOX web page.

For more info, please read the FAQ at myUSAmailbox.com.ph.

Offline arncyn

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 08:47 PM »
I'm interested in the service but I can't seem to log into your site. I keep receiving the "wrong username/password" error alert. The validation link sent to my email addy doesn't work, and when I asked the site to email me my password, inputting it didn't work either.

Offline e e n $ y !

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jan 12, 2008 at 06:23 AM »
can you give a rough estimate on shipping fee / charges for a high chair please... TIA
LiFe IsN't EaSy BuT
yOu CaN aLwAyS cHoOsE tO bE hApPy!!!

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jan 18, 2008 at 10:17 AM »
hi arncyn and moviebuff,
sorr for the late reply as i didn't frequent this site for some time. you can get in touch with us by sending an e-mail via the myUSAmailbox web site.

arncyn - our site underwent some maintenance last month which might be the reason why you expwerienced this problem. anyway, these issues have already been resolved.

moviebuff - please go to the myusamailbox web stie and click on the PLACE SHIPMENT button on the menu where you can find a shipping rate calculator. please use that for quotation purposes. thanks.
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2008 at 10:20 AM by myUSAmailbox »

Offline e e n $ y !

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Jan 19, 2008 at 08:29 AM »
^ thanks for the heads-up sir!
LiFe IsN't EaSy BuT
yOu CaN aLwAyS cHoOsE tO bE hApPy!!!

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jan 31, 2008 at 10:26 AM »
Great news! We now offer NEW LOW shipping rates for both AIR and SEA cargo.
PROMO: Get 10% off when you use your BPI Credit Card.
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2008 at 10:49 AM by myUSAmailbox »

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Jan 31, 2008 at 11:41 AM »
How much ba standard Balikbayan box via sea or air cargo?

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2382
« Reply #51 on: Jan 31, 2008 at 01:29 PM »
Sounds cool, might check this out..

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Feb 04, 2008 at 01:42 PM »
You will definitely find the new rates attractive. Also, we're planning to meet with the people from PinoyDVD to work out a promo for the members such as a 5 DVDs for $20 ais shipment. We're open to suggestions if you guys have any.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Feb 04, 2008 at 01:50 PM »
You will definitely find the new rates attractive. Also, we're planning to meet with the people from PinoyDVD to work out a promo for the members such as a 5 DVDs for $20 ais shipment. We're open to suggestions if you guys have any.

Maybe lower like $15.. including handling fee.. for 6 Blu-ray discs, I usually pay $16.00 (all in) using the other courier..  ;D ;D ;D

Offline phobia

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Feb 16, 2008 at 09:23 AM »
Does myusamailbox offer a service where I could store all packages first then have them all put in 1 box and shipped after I give the confirmation from a specific day/month?
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2008 at 09:25 AM by phobia »

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Feb 16, 2008 at 10:13 AM »
Does myusamailbox offer a service where I could store all packages first then have them all put in 1 box and shipped after I give the confirmation from a specific day/month?

I don't think so..  What you can do is have the items shipped to a relative then have your relative put the items in one box and have it shipped by either JAC or myUSAmailbox via sea cargo para mura.. For a balikbayan box, sea cargo is around $90.00 (for JAC).

Offline marche

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Feb 20, 2008 at 04:20 PM »
Let me just tell you my experiences here at myUSAmailbox

If you dont know yet, myUSAmailbox is handled by eLBC direct, which is a sister company to LBC Express who handles the domestic courier service.
they have shipments out of their SFO office every friday
my first package arrived on a thursday
my second package arrived on a tuesday, several weeks after the first package

my first package did not make it on their friday shipout even if it arrived on a thursday, and their explanation was the person who was in charge in the SFO was overwhelmed and wasnt able to process all the packages. Thus, it waited another week in SFO which resulted in me getting the package 2 weeks later.

my second package did not make it also on their weekly shipout even if it arrived on a tuesday. The reason was that the SFO office did not include my box because it did not fit into their pallet on the airline. hence, it waited also for a week in their SFO office which resulted in me getting the package 2 weeks later.

I dont know if this is typical of myusamailbox customers, but let me just say that it seems that they have an iefficient system.

also,if they ship out every friday, it should arrive here (MNL) by sunday, and add customs clearance, it should have been with LBC by monday afternoon. But the manager of eLBC doesnt know if the package arrived in Manila, it is only by WED/THURSDAY (the week after the supposed friday shipout).

They then send an email billing (through Yespayments, the same payment processing of pinoydvd) which you pay using your credit card. then you receive your package by saturday.

several things that they should consider:
1) once their SFO office receives the package, they should IMMEDIATELY inform manila to INITIATE billing (and confirm the shippng weight of the item), this way there wouldnt be any delays later on.
2) do not bump off packages. Delays of a 1-2 days is acceptable, but a week is pushing it. <-- i think this is very important, as the alternative of just shipping it via AIR MAIL which takes about 2~3 weeks is present already
3) consider having the packages sent out immediately to owners once it arrives in MANILA. They should just create waybills and send it through LBC express rather than wait for all the packages to be sent on a saturday. This saves a lot of money for the company I imagine (consider Operations Reseach models especially in Vehicle Routing)
4) better communication.  they dont reply to emails, and sometimes its a little hard to track down the person who manages the myusamailbox (meeting, etc)

overall, their rates are attractive (coming around $4/lb for a minimum of 6 lbs shipment) door-to-door delivered by LBC express to your door. and if you can stomach their delays and inefficiencies, is a good alternative to johnnyair (who seems to be faster in bringing it to manila)

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Apr 24, 2008 at 01:33 PM »
We would like to thank the PinoyDVD management for fixing our account as we encountered some technical issues for the past months which prevented us from responding to your posts. We are again open for inquiries regarding the myUSAmailbox service.

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Apr 24, 2008 at 01:39 PM »
Let me just tell you my experiences here at myUSAmailbox

If you dont know yet, myUSAmailbox is handled by eLBC direct, which is a sister company to LBC Express who handles the domestic courier service.
they have shipments out of their SFO office every friday
my first package arrived on a thursday
my second package arrived on a tuesday, several weeks after the first package

my first package did not make it on their friday shipout even if it arrived on a thursday, and their explanation was the person who was in charge in the SFO was overwhelmed and wasnt able to process all the packages. Thus, it waited another week in SFO which resulted in me getting the package 2 weeks later.

my second package did not make it also on their weekly shipout even if it arrived on a tuesday. The reason was that the SFO office did not include my box because it did not fit into their pallet on the airline. hence, it waited also for a week in their SFO office which resulted in me getting the package 2 weeks later.

I dont know if this is typical of myusamailbox customers, but let me just say that it seems that they have an iefficient system.

also,if they ship out every friday, it should arrive here (MNL) by sunday, and add customs clearance, it should have been with LBC by monday afternoon. But the manager of eLBC doesnt know if the package arrived in Manila, it is only by WED/THURSDAY (the week after the supposed friday shipout).

They then send an email billing (through Yespayments, the same payment processing of pinoydvd) which you pay using your credit card. then you receive your package by saturday.

several things that they should consider:
1) once their SFO office receives the package, they should IMMEDIATELY inform manila to INITIATE billing (and confirm the shippng weight of the item), this way there wouldnt be any delays later on.
2) do not bump off packages. Delays of a 1-2 days is acceptable, but a week is pushing it. <-- i think this is very important, as the alternative of just shipping it via AIR MAIL which takes about 2~3 weeks is present already
3) consider having the packages sent out immediately to owners once it arrives in MANILA. They should just create waybills and send it through LBC express rather than wait for all the packages to be sent on a saturday. This saves a lot of money for the company I imagine (consider Operations Reseach models especially in Vehicle Routing)
4) better communication.  they dont reply to emails, and sometimes its a little hard to track down the person who manages the myusamailbox (meeting, etc)

overall, their rates are attractive (coming around $4/lb for a minimum of 6 lbs shipment) door-to-door delivered by LBC express to your door. and if you can stomach their delays and inefficiencies, is a good alternative to johnnyair (who seems to be faster in bringing it to manila)

Thank you for your comments and rest assured that we have taken into account the valid and relevant points you have outlined in your post in line with our company's effort to continuously improve customer service.