Author Topic: Viva: Old Disney/Fox Titles - 299? 350? 199? The prices always change!  (Read 49045 times)

Offline activeweekender

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bought dvds at 150 each only sa Astrovision SM Bicutan

Toy Story 2
Monsters, Inc.
I, Robot
Enemy of the States.

3-day sale ng Viva hangang Sunday (October 14, 2007)

550  down to  299
299 & 350 down to 150
150 down to 100

« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2007 at 09:28 PM by activeweekender »

Offline kingkydoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • DVD Collector
  • Liked:
Mga sirs,

Yung mga nakasale ba na DVDs ng viva ay yung mukhang pirated yung casing/print?
Ok naman ang PQ at SQ?

Ex. - I didn't buy i-Robot during the Podium sale because of the ugly printing/packaging

Offline X-®an™

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Mga sirs,

Yung mga nakasale ba na DVDs ng viva ay yung mukhang pirated yung casing/print?
Ok naman ang PQ at SQ?

Ex. - I didn't buy i-Robot during the Podium sale because of the ugly printing/packaging

Yung Brokeback Mountain na nabili ko kanina is in Full Screen.  DVD9 nga, pero 5.51 Gb lang.  Pangit ang PQ, can't comment yet on the SQ coz sa laptop ko pa lang sinubukan.  And wala atang subtitles.  Even at sale price of PhP100... not worth it, IMHO!

Offline kingkydoo

• Collector
  • DVD Collector
  • Liked:
Yikes! That's what I'm afraid of.

Guys, post niyo naman yung viva titles on sale na ok naman and PQ at SQ na DVD9.

Offline activeweekender

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Just don't buy those dvds with a tag price of 150 reduced to 100.  Parang mga enhanced VCD quality.  Sayang pera!!!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
I've said it before, I'll say it again:

If you see a title with a Viva logo that DOES NOT contain a Disney or a 20th Century Fox logo, you are 99% sure that will be a locally-pressed fullscreen DVD with poor picture quality. Audio is frequently DD 2.0, rarely 5.1. Avoid these like the plague.

If the Viva title also contains the Disney or Fox logo, then despite its cover/casing (which may or may not be lousy), the disc itself is an imported DVD with great picture quality in the correct aspect ratio. It is the same disc that is released in all R3 countries, and usually has a DD 5.1 track. A few have a DTS track, just check for the DTS logo at the back.

That's the best rough guide you can follow. To ask someone to post all those titles would be quite difficult.
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2007 at 09:04 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:

If you see a title with a Viva logo that DOES NOT contain a Disney or a 20th Century Fox logo, you are 99% sure that will be a locally-pressed fullscreen DVD with poor picture quality. Audio is frequently DD 2.0, rarely 5.1. Avoid these like the plague.

If the Viva title also contains the Disney or Fox logo, then despite its cover/casing (which may or may not be lousy), the disc itself is an imported DVD with great picture quality in the correct aspect ratio. It is the same disc that is released in all R3 countries, and usually has a DD 5.1 track. A few have a DTS track, just check for the DTS logo at the back.

That's the best rough guide you can follow. To ask someone to post all those titles would be quite difficult.

Thanks for a very helpful guideline, sir Hankey!

Yun nga lang pag marami kang sale na nakikita... nakakalimutan mo na ring i-check pa yung details sa likod.  Like what happened with me with Brokeback... dami ko na kasing hawak nun.. anyways, ok na rin yung binayad ko na PhP 100 kasi di ko pa naman napapanood yung movie.. hehehe.. will just treat the PhP 100 as movie watching expense.  Tapos pwede pang ipamigay na lang afterwards.  ;)

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
I've said it before, I'll say it again
i think you could pin that statement on top of the forum threads, seems that every few days or so, that situation arises with some one complaining about one of Viva's notorious 375 FS releases...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65

Naku, mabuti di ko nabili yung RULES OF ENGAGEMENT kahapon at P100. Ang iniisip ko naman, baka DVD5 ang disc kaya I restraint myself.

@sanmig_ph,

Check your Con-Air if it skuips and hangs midway in the movie, so you can return it ASAP if it does.

Offline wrathboo21

• Collector
  • howdy!
  • Liked:
Got Alien 1 - 4 for P100 each.  ;D
here come the little things...

Offline santwip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Just got the ff for Php 150 each at Astro Southmall:

Kingdom of Heaven
     Master and Commander

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:

Now that's a steal!  Where did you get it bro?

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
glad to hear that the P550 titles are down to P299 already.

will check out the stores tom.

thanks for the info guys.

i will just remember to stay away from the P100 DVDs.  thanks Mr. Hankey  ;D

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
This Viva pricing is crazy!  Some titles is 299 at some stores, but 150 at others, and 100 at others.   

Many new titles (Sunshine, Hannah Montana, High School Musical - The Concert) which are out less than one month is discounted to 299. 

Some newer Disney are at 299 (Meet The Robinsons, Peter Pan, Fox and The Hound SE, Fox and The Hound 2, Dumbo, Cinderella 3). 

Some titles like Curse of The Golden Flower (!), X-men, POTC, Alien, Aliens, The Thin Red Line, Westside Story, Platoon, Silence of the Lamb, Garfield The Movie, Remeber The Titans FS, Ice Age, Ice Age 2, Older Disney tiles (Finding Nemo, Aladdin, Monsters, Inc., Tarzan, The Little Mermaid 1 & 2, Chicken Little, Hecules, Dinosaur) are at 150.

True, it would make buying pirated discs almost unjustifiable.  But it also make buying any new title at Php 550 unjustifiable.   Having recently bought Meet The Robinsons, Last king of Scotland, High School Musical - The Concert, and Jungle Book at full price), it's easy to see why I'm mad at Viva.  I always feel their 550 pricing is reasonable, but this discount scheme is ridiculous.  I am not buying anything from Viva at full price again! 
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2007 at 01:33 PM by techdude »

Offline christineG

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Must... collect... DVDs...
  • Liked:
This Viva pricing is crazy!  Some titles is 299 at some stores, but 150 at others, and 100 at others.   

Many new titles (Meet The Robinsons, Sunshine, Peter Pan, Hannah Montana, High School Musical - The Concert) which are out less than one month is discounted to 299.  Some newer Disney are at 299 (Fox and The Hound, Fox and The Hound 2, Dumbo, Cinderella 3).  Some titles like X-men, POTC, Alien, Ice Age, Ice Age 2 are at 150.

True, it would make buying pirated discs almost unjustifiable.  But it also make buying any new title at Php 550 unjustifiable.   Having recently bought Meet The Robinsons, Last king of Scotland, High School Musical - The Concert, and Jungle Book at full price), it's easy to see why I'm mad at Viva.  I always feel their 550 pricing is reasonable, but this discount scheme is ridiculous.  I am not buying anything from Viva at full price again! 

'Wag ka na magalit, techdude! Baka di na mag-sale ang Viva.  ;)  ;D
Got root?

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
'Wag ka na magalit, techdude! Baka di na mag-sale ang Viva.  ;)  ;D
Frustrated lang kanina.  Kasi, I feel like I thrown away 3,000 down the drain in a quick two months.     Oh well, I will just look the other side, and think that many more will be able to afford DVDs and hopefully put all those VCDs to the dustbins of history...

Offline wrathboo21

• Collector
  • howdy!
  • Liked:
Now that's a steal!  Where did you get it bro?

Astro The Block dude  ;D

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
Got these from Astro Podium last friday @ P150 each:

Robin Hood Hunter's Edition
Cars
Cinderella Special Edition
The Simpsons Collection 3-disc

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
Oh well, might as well join the fun.  Double dipped on some Disney titles today (Finding Nemo, Tarzan, Aladdin, etc.)  Too cheap to pass up, pangregalo sa pasko, sana sold out na by then... ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2007 at 01:38 PM by techdude »

Offline syoti

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
kainis.. i just recently bought some viva titles on sale such as National Treasure, Curse of the Golden Flower, Borat, Hero at 299 each and now i see them at 150 each.. 50% off un ah..  >:(
anyway.. bought Cars & Apocalypto at 150 each na rin.. para makijoin din sa sale.. :P
upto today lang ba sale? kasi i asked one of the salesperson sa Odyssey SM MOA, sabi every fri, sat, sun daw ng October ggwin un sale.. wierd naman nun... ???

Offline syoti

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125

question lang..2 discs po ba each alien dvd or single disc lang each? thanks.. :)

Offline wrathboo21

• Collector
  • howdy!
  • Liked:
question lang..2 discs po ba each alien dvd or single disc lang each? thanks.. :)

single lang dude

Offline Zenki

• Collector
  • Liked:
Got these at Landmark Makati, 150 each:

Braveheart 2discs
Master and Commander

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
geeezzz just last week i got master and commander at 299 and aliens collection at 150each :-\ and pathfinder at 550 full price (last month?)

just went ahead and got minority report, windtalkers, predator,face/off and behind enemy lines at 150 each.

sayang si brave heart, sunshine and saw 3 out of stock.
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
Saw the following relatively new titles at Php 299:

The Hills Have Eyes 2 (O Music Video, Greenbelt 1)
Breaking and Entering (The Landmark Record Bar)
Primeval (in all Ayala video stores)

Also, at Php 150:

Eragon (O Music Video)
Night At The Museum (O Music Video)

Offline activeweekender

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Got these dvds at 150 each sa Odyssey & Astrovision Festival Mall

1.  The Emperor's New Groove
2.  Deja Vu
3.  Moulin Rouge (2 disc pala to)
4.  Bruce Almighty

Last day na ngayon.  Hope magkaroon uli ng ganitong sale.

Offline ranran

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:

Some newer Disney are at 299 (Meet The Robinsons, Peter Pan, Fox and The Hound SE, Fox and The Hound 2, Dumbo, Cinderella 3). 

i was at Astro Podium this morning and Meet The Robinsons is still at P550.  ???

what branch is selling this title at P299?  ???

Offline activeweekender

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
ran ran

Sa SM Bicutan Astro 299 ang Meet the Robinsons.  But I didn't buy it, wait na lang ako maging 150 ang price.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Also, at Php 150:

Eragon (O Music Video)
Night At The Museum (O Music Video)

Got these at 299.00 last month.. D**n..  >:( >:( >:(
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline kingkydoo

• Collector
  • DVD Collector
  • Liked:
geeezzz just last week i got master and commander at 299 and aliens collection at 150each :-\ and pathfinder at 550 full price (last month?)

just went ahead and got minority report, windtalkers, predator,face/off and behind enemy lines at 150 each.

sayang si brave heart, sunshine and saw 3 out of stock.

Sir, I saw brave heart and saw 3 sa Video City (Viva) SM North. Niyek gabi na pala, magsasarado na rin. :D