Author Topic: Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition 2  (Read 20580 times)

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition 2
« on: Jul 19, 2007 at 06:47 AM »
Here we go again...despite Lauren Dyogi's remarks last month that they will not be doing another celebrity edition because of the difficulties and issues involved, he just announced recently that they will be doing a PBB Celebrity Edition, which will be aired October 2007.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition 2
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2007 at 06:49 PM »
I knew that he was talking out of his a s s when he said he didn't want a celebrity edition.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2007 at 06:55 PM »
Hindi siya nagpapakatotoo!

;D
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2007 at 07:09 PM »
Hehehe! Dapat siya ang ipasok sa loob ng bahay!

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition Season 2
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2007 at 06:00 PM »
Anyone here planning to get the 24/7 feed? Despite the farce that was PBB Season 2 I am still interested so I inquired about the access and was expecting the usual 1,000 to 1,500 peso season fee. I was so surprised when the CSR told me that I have to get the digibox to get 24/7. Apparently, they've phased out the analog box and subscribers are now required to get the digibox to get additional features.

I feel like I'm being forced to get something that I don't want. The total price I have to pay, according to the CSR, is 1,500 for the season fee and then 500 bucks for the digibox since I already have the analog box. I don't know if the price they've quoted is true though.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Re: Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition Season 2
« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2007 at 01:36 AM »
Anyone here planning to get the 24/7 feed? Despite the farce that was PBB Season 2 I am still interested so I inquired about the access and was expecting the usual 1,000 to 1,500 peso season fee. I was so surprised when the CSR told me that I have to get the digibox to get 24/7. Apparently, they've phased out the analog box and subscribers are now required to get the digibox to get additional features.

I feel like I'm being forced to get something that I don't want. The total price I have to pay, according to the CSR, is 1,500 for the season fee and then 500 bucks for the digibox since I already have the analog box. I don't know if the price they've quoted is true though.

Not the 24/7 feed. For now, I'm only interested in the upcoming housemates who will be part of PBB CE 2. If the so-called celebs will interest me, I might watch them despite the recent brouhaha they 'concocted' in Season 2. Otherwise, I will steer clear.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2007 at 11:30 PM »
I don't know if the "leaked" list will be the final lineup but aside from Ethel Booba, Baron Geisler and Macoy of Oranges and Lemons I don't know any of the participants. All of them are virtual unknowns. I don't think I'll be subscribing if the lineup is this shallow.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Oct 14, 2007 at 01:37 AM »

ABS should better do something about this supposed "leak" so that they can save their faces for the nth time. >:(

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Oct 14, 2007 at 12:17 PM »
The total price I have to pay, according to the CSR, is 1,500 for the season fee and then 500 bucks for the digibox since I already have the analog box.

I also have their old analog box--so it's a total of 2,000 bucks? No freaking way--I'm tired of ABS-CBN and Skycable's manipulative schemes to get viewers to shell out more money. After the crappy 2nd half of PBB Season 2, I have no intention of paying that much just to watch a bunch of possible z-listers overact their way and follow Kuya's stupid tasks.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Oct 14, 2007 at 12:32 PM »
Don't you feel like it's some kind of extortion scheme? It should be up to the consumers to choose the option that they feel is right for them.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Oct 14, 2007 at 04:01 PM »
Since unlike during Season 1, the PBB "live" feed now ALWAYS cuts away from EVERYTHING that can be considered rated PG-13, I feel that paying for a live feed would be a complete waste of money.
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2007 at 04:04 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Oct 14, 2007 at 10:42 PM »
a reason to watch?  ;D ;D

Riza Santos

« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2007 at 10:43 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline ledrahc

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Rock and Roll!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Oct 14, 2007 at 10:52 PM »
nyahaha.. tama ka dyan bro!!! Cover girl for october edition ng FHM.. still virgin  :o :o

a reason to watch?  ;D ;D

Riza Santos

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Oct 14, 2007 at 11:22 PM »
so far siya lang din for me who looks interesting. is she HOT... or NOT???  ;D my reaction ->  :P   :-*

coming pa are ethel booba, another 26k girl and another geisler boy din yata.
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Oct 14, 2007 at 11:45 PM »
A virgin with a boob job, interesting.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Oct 14, 2007 at 11:55 PM »

Disappointing line-up. :( I though ABS would up the ante on their selection this time. Though not a big star as she was then, I like Yayo Aguila (fancy her in Bagets days)  joining this celeb ed second season. Not enough reason for me to watch though. I'm certain my sister who has TFC in Singapore will definitely watch this so I maybe I will, too eventually. :-\

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Oct 15, 2007 at 12:02 AM »
      Wow! ::) Fireworks display on PBB Celeb Ed Sea.2. Is it New Year already? Christmas's not even here yet.:P
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2007 at 12:03 AM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Oct 15, 2007 at 12:05 AM »
The fireworks almost woke up my son. It's probably the best thing to happen tonight. Who's the guy in the house who is so obviously not going to become a matinee idol? Franzen looks better than him -- and I"m not joking.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Oct 15, 2007 at 12:10 AM »

That Will guy (if I'm not mistaken) is the 'unknown' endorser of McDo and McDo is one of the major sponsor of PBB Season 2 especially during Uplate. Hmmm... ::)

Offline Tampalos

• Collector
  • Tsing Tsang Tsung
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Oct 15, 2007 at 12:26 AM »
what a boring set of housemates...

i find most of them uninteresting especially with a buttload of useless models who (or their sponsors) will be whoring the camera for exposure...
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2007 at 12:28 AM by Tampalos »

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Oct 15, 2007 at 07:51 AM »
This has to be the lamest PBB line-up ever. Looks like hardly anyone notable showed up for the auditions that Endemol had to pimp its own briefcase carriers on Deal or No Deal to join the housemates--so what are they gonna do, open the other housemates' maletas?  :D

The new 2-in-1 housemates "twist" sounds like a lot of crap, and the "head of household" seems to be lifted from the USA Big Brother version. Now I'm really glad I didn't bother to get the 24/7 feed.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Oct 15, 2007 at 09:04 AM »
I just saved two thousand bucks, which is a good thing.

If you look at the lineup, aside from Baron Geisler and Yayo Aguila, the rest of the wannabes looked like they were purposefully chosen to test their marketability with the public. It's obvious that the producers have now completely forgotten that Big Brother is a contest and not an audition vehicle for people who they could possibly sign to Star Magic after their stint in the house is over.
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2007 at 09:06 AM by indie boi »

Offline marieton

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Oct 15, 2007 at 10:49 AM »
Crap! I settled my Skycable account so that i can re-subscribe to their 24/7 and what do I get? "SORRY BUT YOUR PLACE IS NOT YET SUPPORTED BY OUR DIGITAL BOX"

I've been a subscriber of all 5 previous version of 24/7 Coverage (Pinoy Big Brother Season 1, Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition, Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition, Pinoy Dream Academy and Pinoy Big Brother Season 2)  then biglang ganyan ngayon.

They were able to broadcast 5 previous version via what they call "analog technology" - so why can't they do it now?

Well, yes we have to adapt to the changing technologies, but they should see to it that the new technology is available to most areas before actually, cutting off the older technology.

They just want the additional fee for the digi box thats why they are forcing us to subscribe and turn digital. Total crap.

Those who are also pissed with this new rule on 24/7 subscription, Please send your complains to:

[email protected]
[email protected]

I hope no one subscribes to their digibox thing.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Oct 15, 2007 at 10:57 AM »
This has to be the lamest PBB line-up ever. Looks like hardly anyone notable showed up for the auditions that Endemol had to pimp its own briefcase carriers on Deal or No Deal to join the housemates--so what are they gonna do, open the other housemates' maletas?  :D

The new 2-in-1 housemates "twist" sounds like a lot of crap, and the "head of household" seems to be lifted from the USA Big Brother version. Now I'm really glad I didn't bother to get the 24/7 feed.

And to make matters worse, Kokey -- who looks like a dog turd with hands and feet -- will make appearances inside the house, too. I hope they starve the housemates for three weeks first before they bring that annoying little excuse for an "alien" character inside the house. I can just see the Head of Household challenge for this one -- first to kill Kokey gets to eat. For that kind of challenge I'm willling to spend money.

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Oct 15, 2007 at 11:03 AM »
^^LOL  ;D

The Head of Household is disturbing at best, because I think the housemate chosen as HoH will be the only one responsible for nominating the 2 housemates for eviction. So you've got the potential for rigged outcomes right there; just imagine if they used this for Season 2, that biatch Wendy would've won for sure.
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2007 at 11:05 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Oct 15, 2007 at 02:31 PM »
I just saved two thousand bucks, which is a good thing.

If you look at the lineup, aside from Baron Geisler and Yayo Aguila, the rest of the wannabes looked like they were purposefully chosen to test their marketability with the public. It's obvious that the producers have now completely forgotten that Big Brother is a contest and not an audition vehicle for people who they could possibly sign to Star Magic after their stint in the house is over.

You hit it right on the spot indie boi with the term 'marketability.' Save for Yayo and Baron, the rest are virtually unknowns. Why even the disturbing look of Kokey is more prominent than these new housemates! And speaking of the said alien, (forgive me for saying so) his look is unsettling for reason that he looks like a burned victim that has mud splattered all over his face.  He is supposed to be adorable albeit he comes from outer space. Is Kokey movie a hit in the first place? And are they channeling E.T.'s success?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Oct 15, 2007 at 04:02 PM »
It's obvious that the producers have now completely forgotten that Big Brother is a contest and not an audition vehicle for people who they could possibly sign to Star Magic after their stint in the house is over.

Just... "now"?  ::)

;D
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2007 at 04:05 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Oct 15, 2007 at 04:30 PM »
Hindi na ba kayo nadala sa style ng ABS-CBN ???
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:

Offline ricracer

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Oct 15, 2007 at 05:49 PM »
      You hit it right on the spot indie boi with the term 'marketability.' Save for Yayo and Baron, the rest are virtually unknowns. Why even the disturbing look of Kokey is more prominent than these new housemates! And speaking of the said alien, (forgive me for saying so) his look is unsettling for reason that he looks like a burned victim that has mud splattered all over his face.  He is supposed to be adorable albeit he comes from outer space. Is Kokey movie a hit in the first place? And are they channeling E.T.'s success?

Quite OT...

In fairness, my family loves to watch kokey because of eugene's hilarious acting, marjorie's cute little daughter and not to mention the show's moral lessons for kids.  At first, I really hated how Kokey looks but after watching the episodes... I actually learned to like kokey because of his well-mannered demeanor and his unconditional love for his friends.   This is really a good show for kids because it teaches them the "don't judge a book by its cover" lesson.  Korekorekorekok?   :D :D :D
;)