Author Topic: KUNG MAHAWI MAN ANG ULAP  (Read 2836 times)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
KUNG MAHAWI MAN ANG ULAP
« on: Aug 10, 2007 at 04:14 PM »
      The Laurice Guillen classic KUNG MAHAWI MAN ANG ULAP has just been released locally in vcd format (no dvd, yet?). Too bad Viva didn't release this as part of their Platinum series and tagged it as Director's Masterpiece at the bottom of the dvd cover. I asked the saleslady in Astrovision if a dvd format will be released and the usual answer is "'di po namin alam." Hopefully, it would be release in dvd.

Other releases are ANAK NG ATSAY of Nora Aunor and Julie Vega and ROBERTA of Julie Vega again. I'm actually looking forward to see Julie Vega's MGA MATA NI ANGELITA movie as well as IIYAK KA RIN with the latter co-starring the perennial onscreen partnership of Rey 'PJ ' Abellana and Leni Santos. Napaka-saklap naman ng dinanas ni April (Julie Vega) sa pelikulang 'yun.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2007 at 04:24 PM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Re: KUNG MAHAWI MAN ANG ULAP
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 01:12 AM »
  KUNG MAHAWI MAN ANG ULAP NEWSPAPER AD

courtesy of PhilippineCinemaVault
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008 at 04:30 AM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline RMN

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 02:40 PM »
Don't you find the title redundant? Willy Cruz, who composed the movie's theme, pointed this out to me when I spoke to him. He Mahawi man ang Ulap would be enough. I seem to agree.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 04:05 PM »

I initially thought the movie's actual title is without the word KUNG but given the filipino movie's flair for dramatic impact in their titles they may have opted to used it with KUNG. Also, movie titles along with songs have poetic license to use words as they see fit. Besides, it's based on a komiks novel, maybe Gilda Olvidado should give her two cents.

And possibly the reason why the song started with "Mahawi man ang ulap, 'di mo matitiyak."

Offline cecilecgc

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2010 at 09:40 AM »
can anyone tell me where i can watch this movie on line.....i have been searching if you could please send me the link directly to my email: [email protected]

thanks in advance

Offline rse

• DVD Guru
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2010 at 11:23 PM »
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2010 at 11:30 PM by rse »