Author Topic: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!  (Read 1060848 times)

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
Re: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!
« Reply #120 on: Jul 29, 2009 at 06:32 AM »

^nice!

pero sana nga naidala mo DSLR mo ... balik ka ulit   ;)
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline diy_master

• Trade Count: (+232)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • audio generator.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #121 on: Jul 29, 2009 at 09:30 AM »
Update:

Last night, I brought a friend to Anthony's lair as he was buying a complete HT speaker setup. We listened to Anthony's famous floorstander, his new medium sized center speaker & proac clones as rears. While my friend was overly enjoying the audition, I noticed a pair of floorstanders at the back that has grilles up to midway only, so I knew they werent his regular floorstanders.

I asked Anthony what those floorstanders are......and he just smiled. After my friend's audition, I again asked about those floorstanders and this time I wouldnt accept a smile ;D I finally convinced him to let me hear what those speakers are & after just a minute of listening to them - I knew right then that it was perhaps the BEST sounding "audio only" floorstanding speakers that he has ever built.

It was Anthony's version of the Proac Response 2.5 that housed a mylar tweeter and a 6.5" midwoofer - only 2 drivers. Absolutely, no subwoofer required! :o
I tried to buy it, but he wouldnt let me.......I tried to threaten him, harass him & even blackmail him to sell it to me but to no avail :D ;D

Anthony - i will be back brader and like it or not - those will be mine!! ;D

If any of you would have the opportunity of visiting Anthony's lair, do convince him in hearing MY Proac Response 2.5.  ;D He will start production on these by September, so if you guys can swing it - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it! ;) Oh yes, they are cheaper than his regular floorstanders.
If you're looking for an audio floorstander speakers - this is the ticket!

How I wish I brought my dslr, so my apologies for the crappy phone cam pics:

These may be the future A-Audio speaker finishes which you can order - sorry talaga at phone cam lang :P

]

hehe naka bolt na proac 2.5 sa sahig ko ;D ;D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #122 on: Jul 29, 2009 at 09:44 AM »
wow! very nice mini review sir mac. haayyy. kelan kaya....  :)

Ibang klase brader - pati sarili ko eh kinulam ko eh :D ;D Hindi ko nga naisip na wala din pala akong paglalagyan eh kahit amp para dun wala ako eh ;D Na mesmerize ako sa tunog eh :o

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Jul 29, 2009 at 09:45 AM »
^nice!

pero sana nga naidala mo DSLR mo ... balik ka ulit   ;)

Sinabi mo ;D Babalikan ko yung speaker na yan!  :D ;D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Jul 29, 2009 at 09:47 AM »
]

hehe naka bolt na proac 2.5 sa sahig ko ;D ;D

Kahit na ano gawin mo - magdadala ako ng grinder!  :D ;D

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #125 on: Jul 29, 2009 at 10:21 AM »
baka pati buong bahay matangay ah!  ;D

Offline jetro

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Jul 29, 2009 at 12:11 PM »
I plan on purchasing one of these back in 2007 pero di ako natuloy.  Looks like the speaker line-up has grown.

To the gurus I've a problem to consult.

current set-up:
  jbl 7.1 satellite (e.g. small speakers, I forgot the model. 110hz-22khz ang range).  They are good in movies but not in music hence I use a separate component for music.

the plan:
  upgrade only the mains (front speakers) and center and retain the jbl satellites for surrounds.  I'm looking at the proac d2 clone for this purpose.  I would've wanted the floor standers but I figured it would not be well suited to our smallish living room.  what do you guys thing of this? has anyone of you have a similar set up?

Please PM me the price na din po to those who knows.  I also send this same inquiry to sir Anthony via PM.

thanks po sa sasagot :)
« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2009 at 03:43 PM by jetro »

Offline Stark3

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Jul 29, 2009 at 01:14 PM »

Nice finishes :D Bagay na bagay yung nasa bottom center para sa desk na gamit ko sa bahay. Something to think about when it comes time to expand. ^^

For now tho, enjoy ko pa muna yung proac clones ko. Kung pwede ko lang talaga gamitin sa office yung mga yun e, indi ko na tinantanan.

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Jul 29, 2009 at 02:29 PM »
I plan on purchasing one of these back in 2007 pero di ako natuloy.  Looks like the speaker line-up has grown.

To the gurus I've a problem to consult.

current set-up:
  jbl 7.1 satellite (e.g. small speakers, I forgot the model. 60hz-22khz yata ang range).  They are good in movies but not in music hence I use a separate component for music.

the plan:
  upgrade only the mains (front speakers) and center and retain the jbl satellites for surrounds.  I'm looking at the proac d2 clone for this purpose.  I would've wanted the floor standers but I figured it would not be well suited to our smallish living room.  what do you guys thing of this? has anyone of you have a similar set up?

Please PM me the price na din po to those who knows.  I also send this same inquiry to sir Anthony via PM.

thanks po sa sasagot :)

How big is your smallish living room?
your plan is ideal - just upgrade the fronts & center then use your jbl sats as your surrounds. Later on and if you feel like it - you can always upgrade the rears to the proac clones ;)

Offline jetro

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Jul 29, 2009 at 03:19 PM »
living room is about 4 x 4.5 meters. yes, that is the plan, if someday i end up wanting more, i'll get rid of the jbl sats, demote the bookshelf to surround and get a floor stander. i'll check it out first.

how much is the proac d2 clone sir?

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Jul 29, 2009 at 04:41 PM »
living room is about 4 x 4.5 meters. yes, that is the plan, if someday i end up wanting more, i'll get rid of the jbl sats, demote the bookshelf to surround and get a floor stander. i'll check it out first.

how much is the proac d2 clone sir?

Proac D2......8k  ;D

Offline TinkerTailor

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
« Reply #131 on: Jul 30, 2009 at 02:05 PM »
finally brought home my ht set last night. nakakapagod pero it was worth the long trip to manila and back to baguio in the same day. review to follow.

just wanted to take this chance to thank sir anthony for the wonderful speakers. more power to you sir.

Offline diy_master

• Trade Count: (+232)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • audio generator.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #132 on: Jul 30, 2009 at 08:06 PM »
finally brought home my ht set last night. nakakapagod pero it was worth the long trip to manila and back to baguio in the same day. review to follow.

just wanted to take this chance to thank sir anthony for the wonderful speakers. more power to you sir.

welcome sir enjoy your gear! :D :)

Offline t68kv

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Jul 30, 2009 at 11:43 PM »
bangis :) Pwede pa audition sir anthony? hehe

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #134 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 11:02 AM »
You still do not know the extent of Anthony's skills in terms of speaker fabrication. Spot the best speaker in town now and have him clone it. These proac clones are only among the many brands he made. Buti na lang di yata natuloy ang pagbenta nya sa mga designs nya.  ;D
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline macx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hakuna Matata!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 03:19 PM »
Hi, guys, I need your advice on whether I should go for Sir Anthony's floorstanders, or opt for his smaller bookshelves. I'm planning to setup a 2ch audio only setup for our living room, which is about 40+ sqm.
My questions are:
- Would the floorstanders be too much for the living room area?
- Would it be better to wait for Anthony's D2.5 clones instead? (It would then put me next in line to Macdon  ;D)

Offline Invinciible

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 04:22 PM »
Hi, guys, I need your advice on whether I should go for Sir Anthony's floorstanders, or opt for his smaller bookshelves. I'm planning to setup a 2ch audio only setup for our living room, which is about 40+ sqm.
My questions are:
- Would it be better to wait for Anthony's D2.5 clones instead? (It would then put me next in line to Macdon  ;D)

actually next in line to me sir. ;)  naunahan na kita... why not audition the response clones first?  will you have a sub in your setup?  macdon has stated the new ones are better suited for audio even without a sub.  the gen2 floorstanders are more for an ht setup imho.  mas gusto ko pa ang bookshelves with sub. medyo mabusisi hanapin ang sweet spot ng gen2 standers and ng sub, although that is also dependent on the calibration capabilities ng receiver/preamp/amp setup...
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2009 at 04:23 PM by Invinciible »
There's only one way to find out right?

Offline macx

• Collector
  • Hakuna Matata!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 04:52 PM »
actually next in line to me sir. ;)  naunahan na kita... why not audition the response clones first?  will you have a sub in your setup?  macdon has stated the new ones are better suited for audio even without a sub.  the gen2 floorstanders are more for an ht setup imho.  mas gusto ko pa ang bookshelves with sub. medyo mabusisi hanapin ang sweet spot ng gen2 standers and ng sub, although that is also dependent on the calibration capabilities ng receiver/preamp/amp setup...

3rd in line then!  :D I'll think about using my bookshelves and the sub for my audio setup in the living room, and upgrade my bedroom HT setup with floorstanders. But then, I think floorstanders in my room might be too much!  :-[

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 05:48 PM »
My questions are:
- Would it be better to wait for Anthony's D2.5 clones instead? (It would then put me next in line to Macdon  ;D)

my take is go for the bookshelf, my gen1 BS are more musical than the Floorstanders, thought the FS can hold its ground naman kahit papano pero I find the FS to be a bit too boomy. The BS pag dating sa vocals, hanep pare kumakanta!

If you're more into Jazz and vocals the BS i believe would suit you, pero pag medyo rock-rock-an ang tugtog baka mabitin ka sa bass, you might need a sub pero i dont think any sub will do, medyo mabilis na sub ang kelangan, naiiwan madalas yung sub ko at medyop mahirap imatch. ::)
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2009 at 05:48 PM by anchit »
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 06:24 PM »
My questions are:

Sir Macx - actually, you're first in line - because the current Proac 2.5 clone that is with Anthony is already mine ;) No joke - I've settled this with sir Anthony & those are really mine ;D Feel free to ask him about it if you dont believe me ;D

To answer your questions - first you have to determine if you want the sound characteristics of a bookshelf or a floorstander.
If you decide on a bookshelf - anthony can let you audition 3 versions - the original proac clone with velodyne silk tweeters, the proac clone with gen2 drivers or his proac clone D2 which has a bigger midrange of 6.5" and 2k more expensive than his smaller clones.

Now, if you will prefer floorstanders & you will use it for audio only - I would naturally give my nod to his proac clone 2.5 which will be started on this Sept.

Nonetheless, all of those speakers I mentioned are still with Anthony (unless madami na dumaan at bumili) & you're welcome to audition those in his lair ;D

Goodluck in your choice & congrats in advance for choosing A-Audio speakers!  ;)
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2009 at 08:38 PM by macdon »

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 06:50 PM »
my take is go for the bookshelf, my gen1 BS are more musical than the Floorstanders, thought the FS can hold its ground naman kahit papano pero I find the FS to be a bit too boomy. The BS pag dating sa vocals, hanep pare kumakanta!

If you're more into Jazz and vocals the BS i believe would suit you, pero pag medyo rock-rock-an ang tugtog baka mabitin ka sa bass, you might need a sub pero i dont think any sub will do, medyo mabilis na sub ang kelangan, naiiwan madalas yung sub ko at medyop mahirap imatch. ::)

Hi brader,

Like you, here's my take on bookshelves vs floorstanders in audio:

I prefer bookshelves because they're more detailed, light & airy, images well, malambing & actually could disappear. The only drawback sometimes is its lack of bass - moreso if you listen to a lot of genres in your music.

The floorstander in my opinion does have better bass than bookshelves - but more often this bass mixes with the highs & mids that sometimes ruins the clarity for me. Of course, due to its enclosure size - box resonance could not be avoided (unless properly damped) which actually boosts the bass.
However, if you're a completist & you listen to symphony/orchestra - the floorstander would be perfect.

Choosing between both is a compromise actually - unless you get bookshelves & have Anthony build you 2 (stereo) subs that you can individually control so hindi sya makikialam sa clarity ;D

For HT - a floorstander is ideal and Anthony has his famous tri-tower that has enough body in them to convey realism in any movie you're watching. Of course, if you plan on getting a pj or bigger screen for viewing, mahihirapan humabol si bookshelf :P

As always - audition is the key to success  ;)

Offline macx

• Collector
  • Hakuna Matata!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 07:12 PM »
Many thanks for all your inputs!  :D Right now, I'm both curious and excited on the ProAc clone 2.5 :) I listen to mostly classical and some easy listening music (more on vocals).

Darn, September is too long to wait for..  :'(

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 07:18 PM »
Many thanks for all your inputs!  :D Right now, I'm both curious and excited on the ProAc clone 2.5 :) I listen to mostly classical and some easy listening music (more on vocals).

ako im extremely happy na sa gen1 ko, kahit naka SS pa lang ako and not yet tube.

Offline Invinciible

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 07:39 PM »

sir in your case mukhang ok na bookshelves considering your taste of stimulus...  as previously stated by others, baka boomy na dating ng mga FS...
There's only one way to find out right?

Offline TinkerTailor

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
« Reply #144 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 08:42 PM »
Impressions of a beginner on the proac clones gen2(mylar tweeters) of a-audio:

i don't have much experience in quality speakers being used only to pc speakers(logitech x540 anyone?) and a pioneer htib which i bought in 2004 for 26k as a present for my sister so my opinion on these are purely subjective.

the first time i heard the speakers was in sir anthony's place. when he fired up the speakers by playing some music, the first thing that came to my mind was: kumpleto and tunog. i may not be needing a sub if i'll used them for audio, i was thinking. i wasn't really paying that much attention when he tested the speakers with a movie since i was really looking at its performance with music. during college i had been a part-time acoustic singer in folk and country bars so i was really particular about the speakers fidelity. i am also of the mindset that if it is good for music, then it would be also be great for movies.

the second time was in sir pilyo's place when i went there on the same day to get the 5.1 power amp i had  ordered. we connected one of the floorstanders to his ipod(of course using the amp he made) and again my impression was kumpleto talaga and tunog. But this time i saw that the speakers would sound even better with a sub. naidemonstrate kasi ni sir pilyo na iba talaga pag may sub.

so i brought those 6 precious speakers(i had also bought a 10" sub from sir anthony) home to baguio together with the 5.1 pilyo amp. since i arrived home quite late (2am) i wasn't able to listen to them that night. the following day i wasn't able to restrain myself. right after work i rushed to an electrical shop and bought the wires i needed to connect the speakers to my htpc. again i just connected the floorstanders, but this time as a pair.

the sound? nagulat ako. :o wow! sir pilyo had had the kindness to burn me a copy of some of his uncompressed audio files and the first song i listened to was Somewhere over the Rainbow(i didn't take note of the artist,it was a female.) the track was more on vocals. i was wearing a silly grin as the song went on because it was as if the vocalist had come out into the room to sing. i'm not exaggerating. this was just my honest impression. i had taken care to toe-in the two speakers so that i was in the exact sweet spot and the feeling was a first for me. nagblend yung dalawang speaker so that there was just the singer.even now i'm smiling thinking of that time. magical talaga for me. siguro part of the reason i had this reaction was again my relative inexperience in these kind of speakers.

i tried the other songs this time with the sub connected. i set the speaker settings to 5.1 so that i could hear the sub because i could not find a 2.1 setting. but this time i was a bit puzzled when Hotel California by the eagles was not as i remembered it. medyo may kulang sa vocals ni don henley.. then i remebered that the speaker settings on the computer was set to 5.1 and since the audio track was encoded in 5.1 format maybe some of the vocals which should be coming out in the center speaker were absent. i tried it again in stereo and nakumpleto uli. :) kaso nabawasan na yung bass.

one thing i notice though, as i went on with my listening, was that there was a bit of stiffness. i dont know.siguro mawala din ito habang tumatagal. pero sa original search ko for fidelity, solve na solve ako. ;D
so much so that ive noticed and i'm already thinking of improving my sound processors in the pre amp stage. would you believe that i'm using onboard sound. a high quality sound card, proper room treatment and i'll be in cloud nine. ;D but the speakers and sir pilyo's power amp? they're home to stay. ;D

right now i can't wait to get home tomorrow after my duty to listen to the speakers again and this time set up in the proper 5.1 connections.

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 08:53 PM »

My advice - take all our opinions with a grain of salt. Audition will help you decide which will suit you most. Follow your heart and you'll never go wrong ;)

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 09:17 PM »
Impressions of a beginner on the proac clones gen2(mylar tweeters) of a-audio:

one thing i notice though, as i went on with my listening, was that there was a bit of stiffness. i dont know.siguro mawala din ito habang tumatagal. pero sa original search ko for fidelity, solve na solve ako. ;D
so much so that ive noticed and i'm already thinking of improving my sound processors in the pre amp stage. would you believe that i'm using onboard sound. a high quality sound card, proper room treatment and i'll be in cloud nine. ;D but the speakers and sir pilyo's power amp? they're home to stay. ;D

yes sir eventually lalambot din yan. same experience, when i brought my clones to master jojo very evident na kulang pa sa break in yung speakers. Right now i have logged at least 60hours on it, the speakers have blossomed. also my tower speakers has also soften, before I dont even want to listen to music using my TS, coz i already know how mucis should shound, from my BS. ;)

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 09:19 PM »
My advice - take all our opinions with a grain of salt. Audition will help you decide which will suit you most. Follow your heart and you'll never go wrong ;)

spot on. ;) let your ears decide bro ( and your wallet)

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 09:40 PM »
Update:

I just finished talking with Anthony and if there's any interest with his new Proac 2.5 clone floorstander, then he is ready to accept orders & start making them as orders come ;)

Hope this is good news to some of you  ;D

Offline macx

• Collector
  • Hakuna Matata!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 09:52 PM »
 ;D