Author Topic: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!  (Read 1067939 times)

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
Re: A-AUDIO Speaker Creations!!!
« Reply #1560 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 01:20 PM »
Hi Anthony,
You may want to consider the following link to a white paper on how baffles should be made to eliminate or control resonance.

http://www.dagogo.com/View-Article.asp?hArticle=233

Regards,
JoeyGS

Offline TinkerTailor

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 218
« Reply #1561 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 01:25 PM »

ano kaya sa mga FS ang best pag-ipunan?

coax 15" siguro para sakin. "siguro" kasi di ko pa talaga narinig  pero mukhang maganda kasi sa size pa lang alam mo na kaya nyang magdeliver ng lifesize sound. tapos ang advantages pa ng coaxial design niya as has been pointed out by sir macdon

Which of Anthony's new creation can be driven effortlessly by a t-amp?

di ba nasa 90+ din ang sensitivity ng coax...?

Offline JoeyGS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1562 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 01:29 PM »
Yes and I have tried it...the t-amp can drive the coax easily

di ba nasa 90+ din ang sensitivity ng coax...?

Offline simonzaide

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1563 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 01:32 PM »
Hi Simon.

Did you consider Von Scheickert's latest VR33 floorstander in the concept of your new floorstander?

http://www.vonschweikert.com/techspecs/1.php

http://www.vonschweikert.com/techspecs/documents/positive_feedback_vr33.pdf

http://www.vonschweikert.com/

Regards,
JoeyGS

thanks for the link

actually no but the shape does look similar :) originally we thought of doing something similar to a wlson audio pero had space contraints so we ended up with a more conservative design originally it was more of superman and piatos who inspired this

i told anthony parang superman and putol yung triangle sa end and he said parang piatos

the glossy front we got the idea from focal :)

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #1564 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 01:41 PM »
+1, currently i'm using genesis with t-amp, sounds amazing so far. ;D.what else?

What t-amp brand you are using w/ genesis Brader? Give us some feedback naman...
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline JoeyGS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1565 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 01:44 PM »
Ok thanks.

The VR33 is a very good design and it was a concept that you can place it near the wall.  This can be used in rooms where you cannot place the speaker at the center of the  room (living room, condos, etc.)It was also designed to respond to the economic recession of the US.

thanks for the link

actually no but the shape does look similar :) originally we thought of doing something similar to a wlson audio pero had space contraints so we ended up with a more conservative design originally it was more of superman and piatos who inspired this

i told anthony parang superman and putol yung triangle sa end and he said parang piatos

the glossy front we got the idea from focal :)

Offline douger

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1566 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 03:25 PM »
i used to power the Genesis with unmodded T-amp from kemozavi. the combination provides a descent listening loudness for me with volume up to 12:00 setting, continuous playing. beyond that loudness, T-amp starts to clip on some songs.

Offline JoeyGS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1567 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 03:49 PM »
Thanks douger for the feedback.

Most of the clipping will start when there are notes (especially bass) that demands more power.  But for easy listening material you wont have problems running the tamp at louder volumes

i used to power the Genesis with unmodded T-amp from kemozavi. the combination provides a descent listening loudness for me with volume up to 12:00 setting, continuous playing. beyond that loudness, T-amp starts to clip on some songs.

Offline molins

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1568 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 04:15 PM »
I also powered the genesis with t-amp and mp3 player(cowon s9) using flac songs only, 10:00 setting is enough for my small room..totally in love with this simple setup..better than using my old paradigm titanv1,for my ears. ;D, ...curious about the ezra line paired with t-amp.any impressions?

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1569 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 04:25 PM »
Genesis Sir ;)

Im afraid not anymore sir. The Genesis & Ezra new production will already have the clone 1sc xover. The original Proac Response 1sc has a sensitivity of 85-86db. So expect the sensitivity of the Genesis & Ezra to drop, but with better SQ - its a trade off.
Right now, the FS Ezra might have a higher sensitivity than the BS Genesis as the Danish tweeter used in the Ezra are 97db and the midrange/midwoofer used is 92db.

If the root word here is "effortlessly", then that'll be his previous 15" coax at 98db sensitivity. With that high, even a 5-8watter amp can easily fill a living room size with angelic sound ;) Having no xover whatsoever will bring unadulterated pure music in its raw form.

Bring your T-amps on your next visit to Anthony and hear both the Genesis & Ezra with their new 1sc xover ;)
Speaking of clone 1sc, by next week Anthony may have finished with the special edition clone response 1sc that Im eager to audition ;D

Offline molins

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1570 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 05:47 PM »
Bring your T-amps on your next visit to Anthony and hear both the Genesis & Ezra with their new 1sc xover Wink
Speaking of clone 1sc, by next week Anthony may have finished with the special edition clone response 1sc that Im eager to audition Grin

I would love to audition in real life sir anthony's masterpieces.. ;D ;D ;D ;D but im from davao city  :(, just based my options to your credible reviews. ;D

btw, looking forward to ezra and clone 1sc..hopefully
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2010 at 05:50 PM by molins »

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1571 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 10:35 PM »
I would love to audition in real life sir anthony's masterpieces.. ;D ;D ;D ;D but im from davao city  :(, just based my options to your credible reviews. ;D

btw, looking forward to ezra and clone 1sc..hopefully

Malaking bagay nga na magkaroon si anthony ng mga youtube videos of his products so that folks who may not have a chance to audition personally may gauge & order confidently.

Offline HDcouchpotato

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1572 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 10:43 PM »
Currently, Anthony is only selling 3 kinds:

BS Genesis.......now at 3k (previously it was 2.8k, but now it will be using 1sc xover for better sonics)
FS Ezra..........now at 6k (previously at 5.5k - same explanation as above)
BS Exodus........made to order at the moment.

Oh you'll love the Ezra - its fuller sounding than the Genesis. Most specially if you'll be buying stands pa for the Genesis BS, might as well go straight to the Ezra ;)

Thanks sir Macdon I will also contact you soon for your isolation spikes thanks

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1573 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 08:45 AM »
Thanks sir Macdon I will also contact you soon for your isolation spikes thanks

Yes sir at maraming salamat po ;)

Offline douger

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1574 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 12:42 PM »
no prob JoeyGS...

yesterday, I made an exercise on Genesis. hooked up on yamaha AVR, I played David Guetta and other house music with succeeding bass notes.

hanep ang bayo! I can't imagine how these BS produce such thugs! thugs! thugs!

Offline yygoob

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1575 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 03:11 PM »
was able to hear the new and improve clones definitely better than the genesis or than the ezra...was even tempted to buy it...buti na lang di pa for sale.... ;D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1576 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 04:47 PM »
was able to hear the new and improve clones definitely better than the genesis or than the ezra...was even tempted to buy it...buti na lang di pa for sale.... ;D

Ill be auditioning that by tom ;D Excited na daw si master eh :D

Offline Digities

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1577 on: Nov 17, 2010 at 03:15 AM »
bagong CLONE FS  ? :D
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2010 at 03:16 AM by les888 »

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #1578 on: Nov 17, 2010 at 03:38 AM »
Ill be auditioning that by tom ;D Excited na daw si master eh :D
updates naman bro macdon?  btw kasama ko na si anthony kanina di ko pa tinanong   ;D ;D
medyo natatawa lang ako kanina pero secret na namin yun kung bakit  :D

btw maraming maraming Salamat anthony for being patient  :)
grabe wala akong masabi sa aftersales ni anthony. 
A-Audio = A1  :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline Gwenael

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1579 on: Nov 17, 2010 at 11:12 AM »
Sir Anthony, got the 15" Coax LCR with super tweeter na and 2 pairs of surrounds. Thanks for accommodating us on short notice. Pati biyenan ko napabilib sa creations mo nung makita at sa pagiging humble mo. Si misis naman na may doubt dahil baka daw di mag match sa kanyang furnitures ayun nagulat nung makita iyong mga speakers mo, iyong finish para din daw pala mga speakers na nabibili sa mall.

2 thumbs up to sir Anthony. update ko na lang sir thread na 'to pag na setup ko na mga speakers siguradong Vadabooommm with the 15" Coax....hehehe!

God bless.
marantz sr8001; dv6001
aaudio 15" coaxial; surrounds
panasonic 42pv70h
sony ps3
hdpro

Offline shrek7

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Guru
  • God First! Family Second! Audio Third!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #1580 on: Nov 17, 2010 at 12:00 PM »
Sir Anthony, got the 15" Coax LCR with super tweeter na and 2 pairs of surrounds. Thanks for accommodating us on short notice. Pati biyenan ko napabilib sa creations mo nung makita at sa pagiging humble mo. Si misis naman na may doubt dahil baka daw di mag match sa kanyang furnitures ayun nagulat nung makita iyong mga speakers mo, iyong finish para din daw pala mga speakers na nabibili sa mall.

2 thumbs up to sir Anthony. update ko na lang sir thread na 'to pag na setup ko na mga speakers siguradong Vadabooommm with the 15" Coax....hehehe!

God bless.
gudluck na lang sir dyan sa coax mo! sigurado akong mapupuyat ka dyan, di ka nyan patutulugin ng ilang araw, at kung lalabas ka man ng bahay nyo eh siguradong palagi kang magmamadaling umuwi. ihanda mo na rin lahat ng cds mo dahil im sure, babalikan mo silang lahat. HAPPY LISTENING!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1581 on: Nov 17, 2010 at 01:55 PM »
A-Audio's Proac Special Edition Clone

It was May 2009 when Anthony first surprised us with his Proac clone 1sc in one of Streetsmart's EB - which I believe coincides with Pilyo's subwoofer demo.
The little time alloted to demoing the clones in the EB proved successful in not only securing a promo (less 1k to the first 5 sets sold) specific to those who attended the EB, but also spin-offed another EB which was dedicated only to Anthony's clone.
To make the next EB more exciting, we planned a blind test wherein attending members can bring in their branded BS speakers to blindly duke it out with the clone.
In conclusion, not only did the clone bested some brands - it also made one member order a set of clones right on the spot & sold his B&W speakers the next day in the marketplace! :o

The 6k clone generated alot of sales for A-Audio and for those who have a set still speak of it in high regards up to this day. Unfortunately, with the various speaker designs of Anthony - the creation of the clones got sidetracked to the point that he stop producing them in favor of his new original concepts - the Genesis, Exodus, Ezra, etc.
The clamor for his clones didnt die however and when the clone's xover was transferred to his new speaker line, sonics became better. It was only apparent that the clones should be placed back to production but with some small refinements - thicker enclosure, more premium xover parts, Danish tweeter to replace the Velodyne tweeter used in the clones and to faithfully copy the enclosure size of the Proac Response 1sc.

Truth to be told, the A-Audio Proac clone had these enclosure dimensions:
H= 11.75"
W= 7.5"  
D= 10.25"
The original Proac Response 1sc has these dimensions:
H= 12"
W= 7"
D= 9.25"

If you go to Proac's website ( http://www.proac-loudspeakers.com/ ), you'll notice that the Proac Response 1sc is now replaced with the Proac Response D1. The D1 has the following dimensions:
H= 12"
W= 6  5/8"
D= 10.25"

To satisfy Anthony's curiosity, he built the new clone with the exact measurements of the Proac Response 1sc as well as the newer and smaller Response D1 just to hear any difference........ and possibly to ask why did Proac elect a much smaller box to replace their legendary 1sc.
Both enclosures had the same wood thickness, bitumen, wrap-around foam, drivers and xovers - the only difference was the enclosure size which was half an inch in the width and a full inch on the depth. With these small incremental changes, should there really be a change in the sonics between the two?

YES, THERE IS!

The new clone 1sc still brought back all the good sonics of the first clone 1sc, but was a tad smoother because of its new Danish tweeter - so it could be considered as a small upgrade to the previous clone 1sc - not really by much. But the Danish tweeter really helped improved sonics compared to the previous Velodyne tweeter.

The new Response clone D1 however blows both clones off the water!  :o
It made the slightly bigger clone sound a bit 'nasal' in its presentation when comparing the two as the sound of the clone D1 has a richer and smoother midrange that seems to float effortlessly around your ear level - infact, making them almost invisible as the imaging was spot on.
Both anthony & I were surprised with how the little enclosure size difference affected the over-all sonics of the two almost identical speakers, but agreed that we now have found a good successor to the favorite Proac clone 1sc ;)
The new Proac Clone Response D1 would still be priced the same as the previous clone 1sc - 6k.  ;D

NOTE:

Please take note that Proac speakers are very revealing of one's system. They are NOT forgiving speakers, so your final sonics will be based on your associated gears that are connected to the them. Please take note also that proper stands should also be used to optimized your experience. The tweeter should be at  your ear level when seated in your listening chair. Treat this as a high end speaker as you will be rewarded with high end sonics - even thou you only got 'em at bargain basement prices :P
As a personal suggestion, do try them in a bi-wire configuration ;)

PICTURES:

Due to the excitement, I completely forgot to bring my camera :P - so pag pasensyahan nyo na po etong  phone cam pics:

We decided that the prototype of this special edition clone to be wrapped in a different vinyl covering. But naturally, you can always elect anthony to wrap it on your preferred vinyl color.

In this photo, the proac clone 1sc is on the top, the left bottom is the clone 1sc and the lower right is the clone D1. Habang lumiliit yung box, gumaganda ang tunog :D

A-Audio's current speaker line up:

Budget series:

Genesis BS - 3k
Ezra FS - 6k

Elite series:

Proac Response Clone D1 BS - 6k

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #1582 on: Nov 17, 2010 at 01:59 PM »

God bless.

Congrats!! bro Gwenael.

I've heard those 15'' Coax speakers in person.
They sound great indeed, movies sound realistic, very defined and very punchy.
And when you have those as your speakers, the itch to upgrade ain't so itchy anymore  ;D

I'm sure all your friends & family will go gaga when they hear it.  ;)

Offline juanch

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #1583 on: Nov 17, 2010 at 02:10 PM »
Woot!

I wanna hear Anthony's new creation  :)

Looks very tempting

Offline lakambini

• DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1584 on: Nov 19, 2010 at 10:39 AM »
Can somebody please post the speaker lines of AAudio with their corresponding prices and images?

Thanks

Offline wengkapre

• DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
« Reply #1585 on: Nov 19, 2010 at 11:38 AM »
+1, currently i'm using genesis with t-amp, sounds amazing so far. ;D.what else?

tritower + t-amp = sweeeeeeeeeet :D

Offline Gwenael

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1586 on: Nov 19, 2010 at 01:42 PM »
@ sir shrek7, sinabi nyo pa kya nga gigil na gigil na akong i-setup yan at ng ma sampolan na. thanks

gudluck na lang sir dyan sa coax mo! sigurado akong mapupuyat ka dyan, di ka nyan patutulugin ng ilang araw, at kung lalabas ka man ng bahay nyo eh siguradong palagi kang magmamadaling umuwi. ihanda mo na rin lahat ng cds mo dahil im sure, babalikan mo silang lahat. HAPPY LISTENING!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

@ sir juancho salamat. i've yet to hear this 15" coax sing pero sa dami ng naririnig ko eh mukhang mag-eenjoy ako ng husto. what i'm looking for is a good bass and with the 15" woofer i think it won't let me down...

Congrats!! bro Gwenael.

I've heard those 15'' Coax speakers in person.
They sound great indeed, movies sound realistic, very defined and very punchy.
And when you have those as your speakers, the itch to upgrade ain't so itchy anymore  ;D

I'm sure all your friends & family will go gaga when they hear it.  ;)

balitaan ko kyo pag na setup ko na huge babies ko... :D
marantz sr8001; dv6001
aaudio 15" coaxial; surrounds
panasonic 42pv70h
sony ps3
hdpro

Offline zekiber2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • "FAITH can move Mountains"
  • Liked:
« Reply #1587 on: Nov 19, 2010 at 01:49 PM »
A-audio creations deserves a very well designed web site for a very well creations, sino po tutulong dyan hehe

Offline dencio105

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 206
« Reply #1588 on: Nov 19, 2010 at 01:53 PM »
tritower + t-amp = sweeeeeeeeeet :D

Congrats Weng! Di ko na nagamit sa tritower yun t-amp ko. Kinuha na ni Titan yun t-amp.

Offline wengkapre

• DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
« Reply #1589 on: Nov 19, 2010 at 03:52 PM »
Congrats Weng! Di ko na nagamit sa tritower yun t-amp ko. Kinuha na ni Titan yun t-amp.

Thanks brader dencio, akala ko di kakayanin nga e, due to its sensitivity of 92db, 8-10 o'clock lang ang volume - angelic sound na ang naririnig ko sa buong sala :D sulit na sulit pa din ang tritower until now ;D