Author Topic: Any surviving DVD rental place?  (Read 5851 times)

Offline antikryst

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Any surviving DVD rental place?
« on: Aug 31, 2007 at 05:00 PM »
i just got in the orig dvd scene and its getting too expensive for me. i got 30 movies na in the past 3 months as i just got myself an lcd tv. some movies i just want to watch once...so i think id rather rent those type of movies.

any place still open for renting apart from video city??? just checked their catalogue in megamall and its pretty much crap. i work in ortigas and live in qc so any where in between would do.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Any surviving DVD rental place?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 04:04 PM »
i just got in the orig dvd scene and its getting too expensive for me. i got 30 movies na in the past 3 months as i just got myself an lcd tv. some movies i just want to watch once...so i think id rather rent those type of movies.

any place still open for renting apart from video city??? just checked their catalogue in megamall and its pretty much crap. i work in ortigas and live in qc so any where in between would do.

Not sure if it's still open but there's a video store in front of Sienna College in QC  that has a video rental of many Region 1 titles.  But sad to say, DVD video rentals are a dying breed. No thanks to pirated dvds!  Some video rental shops have closed shop and have sold their stock already.

I would suggest that you wait for all the DVD sales na lang(dates are posted here in pinoydvd.com) and buy DVDs at more than 50% off!  You can also shop here for used DVDs that are in mint condition. And don't indulge in blind purchases.  It's best that you check reviews of movies and dvds ( i suggest rottentomatoes.com   ) Buy only the DVDs that you will would want to watch more than once, depending on your taste. 

good luck, congrats on your new LCD!

Offline antikryst

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Any surviving DVD rental place?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 04:29 PM »
sad really. sana lang we have netflix here. now i have no choice but to buy dvds. a lot of what i bought werent even good for me.