Author Topic: Tennis, Anyone?  (Read 102186 times)

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Tennis, Anyone?
« Reply #390 on: Jun 04, 2012 at 04:57 PM »
Don't think there was anyone more annoying than Monica Seles ;D.  Wasn't she stabbed for that  or something?

Monica Seles is always remembered whenever the topic is grunters in tennis, for she was the one who started it for women's tennis. Jimmy Connors was the original grunter for men's tennis.

Monica Seles was not the most annoying female grunter. That notoriety goes to Michelle Larcher de Brito from Portugal. The loudest is Maria Sharapova!

Here is an interesting link on female grunters in tennis:
http://www.totalprosports.com/2012/03/14/the-9-most-ridiculous-grunts-in-womens-tennis/#1

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #391 on: Jun 05, 2012 at 08:15 AM »
Really hated that Seles, not only did she grunt soooo loudly shes not easy on the eyes ;D At least with azarenka medyo eye candy kahit malakas mag grunt. :)

84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #392 on: Jun 05, 2012 at 08:35 AM »
Saw Monica and Steffi live a couple of times in Tokyo's Ariake Stadium during their prime.  They are both pretty hot in person (face, body, legs) and Seles has got good sized bumpers although medyo parang hukot tumayo.  Si Steffi's ay parang Texas talaga ang tayo.  ;D.   Really nice to watch those ladies live and sweaty.  hehehe

Really hated that Seles, not only did she grunt soooo loudly shes not easy on the eyes ;D At least with azarenka medyo eye candy kahit malakas mag grunt. :)

Offline LoneWolf

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #393 on: Jun 05, 2012 at 08:46 AM »
Good day to everyone.  Very happy to see a Tennis thread here :)
Does anybody still play?

Also, Nadal is playing flawlessly at this year's French Open!  Very scary (Fed fan here).
Don't fight it

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #394 on: Jun 05, 2012 at 09:38 AM »
Good day to everyone.  Very happy to see a Tennis thread here :)
Does anybody still play?

Also, Nadal is playing flawlessly at this year's French Open!  Very scary (Fed fan here).

I still play here in the US,...

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #395 on: Jun 05, 2012 at 04:29 PM »
havent read the whole thread but wahtever happened to that pretty player who looks like Donita Rose, she used to be number 1 but all of a sudden Im not hearing her name anymore,

by the way, pardon my stupid question, what is grunting? is it excessive complaining?
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline pekspert

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
« Reply #396 on: Jun 05, 2012 at 06:34 PM »
havent read the whole thread but wahtever happened to that pretty player who looks like Donita Rose, she used to be number 1 but all of a sudden Im not hearing her name anymore,

by the way, pardon my stupid question, what is grunting? is it excessive complaining?

i believe youre referring to Martina Hingis. She partied too much and got involved in drugs. After that she was never the same. She just dropped in ranking until she wasnt winning any tournament. She eventually retired shortly after.

Grunting is that noise that you make while you make a shot (like a shriek).
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline brainwashed

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #397 on: Jun 05, 2012 at 10:13 PM »
i believe youre referring to Martina Hingis. She partied too much and got involved in drugs. After that she was never the same. She just dropped in ranking until she wasnt winning any tournament. She eventually retired shortly after.

Grunting is that noise that you make while you make a shot (like a shriek).

Martina Hingis was dominating the female tennis scene when she got injured on both ankles forcing her to withdraw from professional tennis in 2002. This was the time that power tennis played by the Williams sisters began to dominate women's tennis. In 2006, after several surgeries and long periods of recuperation, Hingis tried to comeback and was able to get back into the top 10 but got involved romantically with  Radek Stepanek, who was known to party and was rumored to be into drugs . Hingis tested positive for cocaine in Wimbledon 2007 and was subsequently banned for two years. Though she denied using the drug she decided not to appeal and instead opted for retirement, what with her injuries and age and the fact that an appeal would probably take years to settle. She still maintains her innocence to this day. And with recent videos and photos of her, I am inclined to believe her! ;D

Offline LoneWolf

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #398 on: Jun 06, 2012 at 07:06 AM »
I remember Martina Hingis as one of the best technical players in the game.  She won Grandslam tourneys not with power, but with technique.  Classic tennis player. :)

Did anyone watch the recent French Open matches?
My man Roger Federer came back from two sets down to beet Juan Martin Del Potro, and is now in the Semifinals!!! :D

Then, Novak Djokovic saved four (4) match points to beat French crowd favorite Jo Wilfried-Tsonga!
Great matches, happy to be able to watch them. :)
Don't fight it

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: Jun 06, 2012 at 07:12 AM »
Martina looks very much like Natalie Portman.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 357
« Reply #400 on: Jun 06, 2012 at 07:52 AM »
Daniela Hantuchova is probabaly the best-looking female tennis player ...... of all time.  ;D

Had wanted for her to win a few tour titles ..... but she always comes up short.

Offline LoneWolf

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #401 on: Jun 06, 2012 at 08:14 AM »
Daniela Hantuchova is probabaly the best-looking female tennis player ...... of all time.  ;D

Had wanted for her to win a few tour titles ..... but she always comes up short.

I agree with you bro.. Saw her up-close when I watched Day 6 of this year's Australian Open, she still looks good:

Don't fight it

Offline brainwashed

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #402 on: Jun 06, 2012 at 08:40 AM »
On tv, Hantuchova looks too thin, but not Jelena Dokic

;;

Offline LoneWolf

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #403 on: Jun 06, 2012 at 08:51 AM »
Jelena is just very big up there. :)  Lol!
Anyway, she used to play for Australia, then changed citizenship to her home country (Serbia).  Don't know what prompted that, but her career went downhill after the change in country allegiance.
Don't fight it

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: Jun 06, 2012 at 08:59 AM »
Even those lady players that appear wide and chubby on the telly look pretty hot in person - ang gaganda ng tayo ng katawan and ang LIIT LIIT LIIT ng mukha.   ;D ;D ;D

Offline pekspert

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
« Reply #405 on: Jun 06, 2012 at 10:42 PM »
Agree, hantuchova is really good looking. right up there with kournikova.

Offline LoneWolf

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #406 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 08:21 AM »
Agree, hantuchova is really good looking. right up there with kournikova.

Totally agree:

Don't fight it

Offline audiostrife

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #407 on: Jun 07, 2012 at 11:03 AM »
novak vs roger in french open semifinals.  same as last year where roger won.  this year roger will be facing a different djokovic who won 3 straight grand slam titles.  personally i think it's a toss-up between them as to who will face rafa in the finals.  i'm already assuming rafa will beat ferrer in the other semifinal match.  :D
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2012 at 11:05 AM by audiostrife »
Hvor ord mislykkes, musik taler.

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #408 on: Jun 08, 2012 at 06:20 AM »
novak vs roger in french open semifinals.  same as last year where roger won.  this year roger will be facing a different djokovic who won 3 straight grand slam titles.  personally i think it's a toss-up between them as to who will face rafa in the finals.  i'm already assuming rafa will beat ferrer in the other semifinal match.  :D

Sad as it may, pero narating na ni Roger ang pinaka-peak nya,
mahihirapan na sya kay Djokovic at mukhang kayang kaya na syang basahin nito,...
If he gets past Djokovic this time, mahihirapan rin sya kay Nadal, who loves playing clay...

Offline pekspert

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
« Reply #409 on: Jun 08, 2012 at 07:31 AM »
Yeah no matter what or who he faces in the final, nadal will still win the the crown.

But i want federer to beat djokovich para classic fed-nad final.

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: Jun 08, 2012 at 07:52 AM »
Yeah no matter what or who he faces in the final, nadal will still win the the crown.

But i want federer to beat djokovich para classic fed-nad final.

Nadal knows the number of Federer,
Federer has nothing new to offer in his game,
I love how he plays though, quite gracefully,
kaya lang kayang kayang i-neutralize ni Nadal yun...

Maybe kung ibabalik ni Federer ang serve and volley game nya over kay Nadal,
then he may stand a chance, pero kung makikipagpukpukan sya sa baseline, naku..
Mauubos ang gasolina nya kay Nadal....

Still would prefer to see Federer take this one...
He still has something to prove,...

;)

Offline LoneWolf

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #411 on: Jun 08, 2012 at 08:08 AM »
Roger Federer has been maligned in his entire career for the following:
- most of his Grandslam victories come from playing not-so-great players (players who knocked out the great players and get through to the Final)
- he has a horrible record against Nadal, and his record with Djokovic just getting uglier

If you just count the Grandslams, he has the most.. but his tag as the 'Greatest of All-time' is very arguable considering that there is one (1) player who he cannot solve in his entire career (Rafa).

For history's sake, I want Federer to win, so that he can win his 2nd French Open title, and widen the cushion of most number of Grandslam titles, as Rafa & Djoko are surely going to chase his record, as they both still have 5-6 years of great tennis ahead of them.. It's a tough wall to overcome though (Djokovic).
Good luck nalang kay Roger. :)
Don't fight it

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 357
« Reply #412 on: Jun 08, 2012 at 08:40 AM »
^ Hence I consider Sampras a tad greater than Federer ...... Pete competed in a tennis era absolutely loaded with talent (with various playing styles) and still ruled - despite the French Open shortcomings.

Offline brainwashed

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #413 on: Jun 08, 2012 at 08:58 AM »
Roger Federer can still take on Djokovic and Nadal. He has the skills and the stamina to do so. Unfortunately he does not have the killer instinct anymore. After totally dominating the game for so many years, he had acquired  the mentality of easing down on his opponent and just coasting along. This is when the younger set of players strike at him. And when the momentum of the game changes, any player would find it difficult to get back into the game, specially against the top-ranked players.

Federer is slowly changing. The coolness and calmness under pressure, the no-emotions-showed demeanor during game time, these can still be seen during Federer's games but he is now showing some emotions. An example would be his recent game against Del Potro. Down 2 sets, he questioned a call by the umpire and the crowd started booing. Federer yelled "Shut up!" at the crowd. He went on to win the match.

Some might say that these showing of emotions are chinks in his armor, but in order to defeat Djokovic and Nadal, Federer needs to be fired-up, pumped-up and aggressive from the start to the end of the game, whether it is a 3 sets, 4 sets or 5 sets game.

Offline audiostrife

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #414 on: Jun 08, 2012 at 11:20 AM »
federer has nothing to prove in the game of tennis anymore except one more thing... that he can still beat nadal  :D  siguro pahirapan na lang nya si rafa para hindi maabutan ang record nya  ;D

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: Jun 09, 2012 at 12:40 AM »
And Federer goes down,...
Sad to say, they got his numbers,...
Kayang kaya na syang basahin ni Djokovic and Nadal...

Dang,.. I was still rooting for him,..
I love his playing style, so graceful,... though kinain in straight sets ni Djokovic,... ???

Offline audiostrife

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: Jun 09, 2012 at 02:49 PM »
I guess the sands of time caught up with him. He look really old playing against novak.  Djokovic will give rafa a better run for his money.  Kaya lang mukhang its going to be no. 7 fir nadal. He truly is the king of clay. Did you watch his match with ferrer? Kahit nakaupo kayang kaya nya tirahin yung bola! Haha!..

Offline LoneWolf

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #417 on: Jun 09, 2012 at 04:15 PM »
Another treat for us Tennis fans this coming French Open Final. Rafa is searching for his 7th, while Novak is flirting with history as the first man to win all 4 Grandslams sequentially, since Rod Laver. Many people say they will consider this a Grandslam dahil winning all 4 in a calendar year is impossible this day and age, and Novak will be stripped of greatness out of a simple technicality. Bottom line is he wins, he won all 4 straight, starting with Wimbledon 2011..

Good luck to both players, and what a Final it will be!!! Baka maging 5-set match uli that'll last 5 hours or more like the Aussie Open 2012!!!
Don't fight it

Offline ruth2art

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #418 on: Jun 09, 2012 at 07:44 PM »
ići nole!
"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."

Offline brainwashed

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #419 on: Jun 09, 2012 at 10:03 PM »
Congratulations to Maria Sharapova for winning the French Open championship over Sarah Errani. Sharapova now has a career grand slam!