Author Topic: Burning HD Videos  (Read 2760 times)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
Burning HD Videos
« on: Sep 03, 2007 at 08:20 PM »
Hi!  I have just downloaded a 720p trailer from the apple website in .mov format.  I wanted to burn the HD video to a dvd so I can watch it in my LCDTV using my Pioneer HDMI DVD player.  Is this possible?   Thanks!

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Burning HD Videos
« Reply #1 on: Sep 03, 2007 at 09:16 PM »
Bro nerve, I am currently trying to downscale HRHDTV and 720P videos I have downloaded using Divx converter and Riverpast video cleaner Pro just now ;D. I know that I can play downscaled videos(720X480 or corresponding matching downscaled resolution since I think its the limit of the playable divx videos)with my 696 but have not tried it yet.  Most of my documentaries from MV group will go thru the same process since wala pa akong HDD player like the MG-350.  Am keeping the 720 files though. Will update you if it worked.  Cheers!
ALA EH!!

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 2007 at 07:00 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I tried converting the mov file into divx using xillisoft video converter but it doesnt seem to work.  The conversion always fails.  So accdg. to your post, you really need to downscale the video first before burning it to be playable in the upconverting dvd player?  Seems like I would be playing downscaled videos rather than the native 720p.  :-\

Is this what they also do in the audio video stores playing HD video to show the potential of their LCD displays?  Coz it seems that they are only playing DVDs but the resolution is HD. 

Sorry bro for the barrage of questions.  :D

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2007 at 07:41 AM »
Actually those that I have downloaded already are in divx form, some with 1280X720 and others, like the one I'm converting last night, a 966X544 Heroes episode 22 which at this resolution is unplayable in my 696.  My downscaled conversions last night, burned in dvd failed to play also although I have set the downscaling to 720 X 408, halos dvd quality.

What I do right now is that I play straight from my laptop, connect it to my PJ.  At least I'm feeding HD into my SD W100, but PQ is excellent naman. 

I am aware that max rsolution playable is the native dvd reso so anything lower than that are playable.
ALA EH!!

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 04, 2007 at 09:10 AM »
Ok thanks again.  That is what I also did.  Played the video instead in my laptop to my LCD TV.  ;D

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 10:18 AM »
Tried the downscaling of 2 HRHDTV Imax Documentaries to 720X480 and lower, PQ of the resulting" downscaled videos not that good.  Pixellation multiplied tremenduously ;D.  I'm still trying out other methods like  HRHDTV to DVD direct.
ALA EH!!

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 05:57 AM »
I tried playing the 720p trailer in my laptop with the ff: specs: AMD Turion64 1.6GHz/512MB/128MB ATI Videocard.  There were some blur in fast action scenes although overall wala naman lipsync problem.  The video quality is great except for the lag in fast action scenes. Will the video quality hold as is when viewing a whole length 720p movie? I know that upgrading the specs of the pc would result in smoother video reproduction.  TIA.
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2007 at 05:58 AM by nerveblocker »

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 07:54 PM »
I have vista home premium, 128 MB dedicated, 1G and no problems in playing whole length 720P connected to my PJ(SD ;D).  What I normally do is disable the theme transparency and other active background programs para flawless ang playback. 

By the way sir, I was sucessful in converting a 720P video directly into a DVD via Nero "make your own dvd-video" option.  Tested it, and walah!!!! Galeng, linaw.  Syempre iba pa rin ang HD quality but top notch PQ played in my 696 to my W100 PJ ;).

Here are the details:

Source Video : Imax Amazon HRHDTV , Divx 5.0(via G spot check), res = 1280X720P(1.78:1)
Audio AC3, File size = 997MB, Bitrate = 3233 kb/s, fps = 23.97,

DVD result:  Filesize = 2.4 Gig
Playable in my 696
will be testing in other standalone players.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2007 at 10:55 PM by CocoBoy »
ALA EH!!

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Sep 08, 2007 at 12:20 AM »
Cocoboy- Congrats on your successful HD burning.  Maybe I can try that route.  Thanks!

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2007 at 02:39 PM »
MKV videos(HD) can also be sucessfully converted to DVD via ConvertXtoDVD converter.
ALA EH!!