Author Topic: Ugly Betty: The Complete First Season R3: CENSORED!  (Read 1734 times)

Offline popcornaddict

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ugly Betty: The Complete First Season R3: CENSORED!
« on: Sep 08, 2007 at 09:34 AM »
Was just wondering if anyone has info on whether we'll be seeing a R3 release of the Emmy-nominated series "Ugly Betty" anytime soon..  This is my fave new show of last season (with Heroes a close 2nd) and I'm really hoping to see it released here..
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2008 at 02:00 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Ugly Betty: The Complete First Season R3: CENSORED!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 01:50 AM »

Just a quick heads up to those who think buying Ugly Betty: The Complete First Season on R3 at Php 1500 is a good idea:

1. The slipcase is longer than the fold-out digipak inside it;

2. The digipak is two-paneled only - Discs 2&3 and Discs 5&6 are actually hooked on exactly the same hub, one disc directly on top of the other;

3. Worst part is, the disc is CENSORED. I mean, two minutes into the pilot, you hear a kid going: "I hate telenovelas, I wanna watch BEEEEEEP!" followed by his mom (?) going, "Justin you can watch BEEEEEP! later..." It's quite irritating. The subtitles don't reflect what the missing word is, either. I had no idea what they were saying, so I actually Googled it and found out it was "Fashion TV." Apparently, since Fashion TV is an actual channel in Europe and Asia, all references to it on this set have been beeped over in both R3 and R2. Does it also air like that on local TV? It's very annoying. I would've preferred waiting for the R1 to go on sale instead of getting this cheaper but edited version.

Well, I suppose that's what I get for going against my gut and finally trying out this series which I had successfully refused to watch for two years.  ;D

Anyway, you've been warned. Caveat emptor.
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2008 at 10:11 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Re: Ugly Betty: The Complete First Season R3: CENSORED!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 02:14 AM »

^ Though I have no intention of buying this DVD, I'm curious on how it is being packaged inside. Thanks Mr. Hankey.

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 11:19 AM »
If the censored part refers to only those two instances during the pilot, I could probably live with it, Thanks to Mr. Hankey's post (I no longer had to ponder what was the censored part).  But if it ran throughout the whole season, then it could get annoying...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2008 at 12:32 AM »
If the censored part refers to only those two instances during the pilot, I could probably live with it, Thanks to Mr. Hankey's post (I no longer had to ponder what was the censored part).  But if it ran throughout the whole season, then it could get annoying...

It runs throughout the season.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...