Author Topic: Bayaning Third World :)  (Read 968 times)

Offline dazedconfused

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bayaning Third World :)
« on: Oct 09, 2007 at 06:38 PM »
I am currently doing a paper on Mike de Leon's "Bayaning Third World". Can anyone help me come up with a thesis statement? Like How does he present the whole irony of the film? Or How does he portray women in the film? Or how does he present the film?
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2007 at 06:43 PM by dazedconfused »

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm afraid of the quiet man
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
Re: Bayaning Third World :)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2007 at 03:19 AM »
Maybe you should start with your overall impression of the picture--what did you think it was all about? Did the film arouse any ideas in you? Provoke any particular thoughts about Rizal?
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2007 at 03:19 AM by Noel_Vera »

Offline ralfy

• DVD Guru
  • I am the Mountie!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bayaning Third World :)
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2007 at 12:19 AM »
Gather reviews of the film from your school library and categorize the arguments that they give about the movie. If you disagree with any of the arguments, then select one argument or a set of arguments and and let your counter-argument serve as your thesis. If your thesis repeats a point given in one of the reviews, look for other things about the film, its background, or its reception that's not developed by the reviews and that support your thesis.

Make sure to try these first before approaching your professor and asking for advice. Don't forget to bring your research materials and any notes (including outlines and drafts).

« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2007 at 12:22 AM by ralfy »