Author Topic: 360 HD add-on or HD stand alone player  (Read 9107 times)

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
Re: 360 HD add-on or HD stand alone player
« Reply #30 on: Oct 29, 2007 at 09:47 PM »
Anyone having problems playing the Transformers HD-DVD? 

Hello, I have no problem so far, will try disc 2 bec I think there are a lot of reports of the problem here. Also I think the problem is when you load the movie and your 360 is connected to the internet and gets the web enabled features.

Offline bravoexo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Oct 29, 2007 at 10:08 PM »
Yeah, I have a couple of problems in the 2nd disc.  And that initial web update routine
Sony KDL-55W904A, HK AVR330, DAV-DZ950, Xbox One, 360 and PS3, Wharfedale Diamond 8.4, PSW110

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 08:36 AM »
1. A member of PinoyXbox is selling his HD DVD add-on drive for 5K pesos, in case anyone is interested to get one soon.

2.  The HD DVD add-on is absolutely impressive when connected to a PC, using PowerDVD Ultra for playback.  I think I'd be watching HD DVD on my PC for a while.  Color saturation is so theatrical and utterly pleasing to my middle-aged eyes.

3.  No problem whatsoever playing the 2nd disk of Heroes while my Xbox360 is connected to the net and with all those web update routines.  I think the internet connection speed is key here.  Well you can always watch offline.

Offline bravoexo

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Oct 31, 2007 at 04:32 AM »
Heroes??  We're talking about Transformers
Sony KDL-55W904A, HK AVR330, DAV-DZ950, Xbox One, 360 and PS3, Wharfedale Diamond 8.4, PSW110

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Oct 31, 2007 at 08:07 AM »
Oh sorry, naduling ako.  :)  Padating palang Transformers ko.  :)

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #35 on: Oct 31, 2007 at 04:55 PM »
Oh sorry, naduling ako.  :)  Padating palang Transformers ko.  :)

Middle-aged eyes indeed... (just kidding boss)   8)

Seriously, it's good to hear your HD DVD peripheral is working fine for your PC set-up.  I have heard some downsides when attached to the XBOX itself, primarily revolving around the heat and 'noise' level.  Anyways, balitaan mo kami sir when your Transfomers HD disc arrives (or was it Heroes?)  ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2007 at 11:22 PM by Marl_1 »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Oct 31, 2007 at 06:13 PM »
Midde-aged eyes indeed... (just kidding boss)   8)

Seriously, it's good to hear your HD DVD peripheral is working fine for your PC set-up.  I have heard some downsides when attached to the XBOX itself, primarily revolving around the heat and 'noise' level.  Anyways, balitaan mo kami sir when your Transfomers HD disc arrives (or was it Heroes?)  ;)

OT.  Seriously, the transition from near-sightedness to far-sightedness is such a PAIN!!!   ::) I can't wear normal contact lenses anymore (less pogi points).  I carry 3 pairs of eyeglasses with different grades all the time to switch between glasses depende sa ginagawa ko.  Driving with my highest grade glasses, watching TV with my intermediate glasses, using the PC with my lowest grade glasses.  Oh well.  :(

Yeah, Transformers HD DVD is arriving soon.  Already got Heroes 1  :)  And you know what the most exciting thing is, I have not watched Transformers even once, so my very first viewing will be in high def.   Ako nalang siguro ang active member ng PinoyDVD na hindi pa nakakapanood. LOL. Will keep you updated.

Yeah, medyo maingay yung fan ng Xbox360 unit itself so you just have to crank up the volume of the TV or the amplifier while watching HD DVD.  Pero maingay din naman yun fan ng desktop PC diba so malakas din dapat volume ng PC speakers.

Offline et414

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • its gonna be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY! ;)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #37 on: Oct 31, 2007 at 07:09 PM »
OT.  Seriously, the transition from near-sightedness to far-sightedness is such a PAIN!!!   ::) I can't wear normal contact lenses anymore (less pogi points).  I carry 3 pairs of eyeglasses with different grades all the time to switch between glasses depende sa ginagawa ko.  Driving with my highest grade glasses, watching TV with my intermediate glasses, using the PC with my lowest grade glasses.  Oh well.  :(

LASIK lang katapat nyan hehehe best investment to really appreciate HD ;D reading glasses na lang kelangan mo

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Oct 31, 2007 at 11:12 PM »

Yeah, Transformers HD DVD is arriving soon.  Already got Heroes 1  :)  And you know what the most exciting thing is, I have not watched Transformers even once, so my very first viewing will be in high def.   Ako nalang siguro ang active member ng PinoyDVD na hindi pa nakakapanood. LOL. Will keep you updated.

Yeah, medyo maingay yung fan ng Xbox360 unit itself so you just have to crank up the volume of the TV or the amplifier while watching HD DVD.  Pero maingay din naman yun fan ng desktop PC diba so malakas din dapat volume ng PC speakers.

lol :D , i really empathize with you bro. Switching through three glasses must be really quite a chore.  Anyway, being an HD fanatic won't exactly help improve your eyesight any bit but am sure you'll love every minute as your eyes 'degrade'  8).   It's the choice we video fanatics would have to live through I guess  :-\  (well at least you have the choice not to get burned by the radiation from CRTs)  ;)

Offline chuck427

• DVD Guru
  • Bluray=103 PS3=12 DVD=139
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Nov 01, 2007 at 04:36 AM »
Midde-aged eyes indeed... (just kidding boss)   8)

but hooking up the 360 add-on requires high specs for ur PC right? so if i dont have a top of the line PC, then it wont work right?
Tosh46FHD,Denon1905,BDP1000,PS3,Wii,XBOX360,PhillipsUPDVD,Wharf

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Nov 01, 2007 at 10:01 AM »
but hooking up the 360 add-on requires high specs for ur PC right? so if i dont have a top of the line PC, then it wont work right?

Please check Cyberlink's website for the "minimum" system requirements to run Power DVD Ultra.

Some of the relevant specs of my PC are as follows:  Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 2GB PC5300 RAM, 7600 GT Graphics Card (512MB) HDCP compliant, On-Board Sound, 500GB HD, running on Vista Home Premium.  7600GT is probably the minimum requirement for graphics card but performance is already satisfactory and smooth.  It appears that PowerDVD automatically sets the configuration (some of them locked) to match your system specs, especially that of the graphics card I suppose.

OT:  Magkano Lasik sa Pinas and saan hospital/eye doctor maganda?

Offline Trig

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Nov 01, 2007 at 10:23 AM »
My brother bought the 360 addon the 1st day the heroes promo got out but he wast able to get the additional 2 free hddvd. He went back yesterday and the guy from bestbuy said the promo is for toshiba only  >:(

Offline chuck427

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Nov 01, 2007 at 03:11 PM »
Please check Cyberlink's website for the "minimum" system requirements to run Power DVD Ultra.

Some of the relevant specs of my PC are as follows:  Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 2GB PC5300 RAM, 7600 GT Graphics Card (512MB) HDCP compliant, On-Board Sound, 500GB HD, running on Vista Home Premium.  7600GT is probably the minimum requirement for graphics card but performance is already satisfactory and smooth.  It appears that PowerDVD automatically sets the configuration (some of them locked) to match your system specs, especially that of the graphics card I suppose.

OT:  Magkano Lasik sa Pinas and saan hospital/eye doctor maganda?

thanks for the info ..

Offline Dunedain

• Collector
  • Spartan E
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 03:30 AM »
Are you afraid of the red lights? Is that somthing i should really worry about? If i do get that, my add on would pretty much be useless right? except if i connect it to my pc?

Nope. I've subjected my X360 for more than 6 hours of gaming and HD-DVD movie already. No 3RL (from my end) as most people feared.
"Were it so easy."

Offline Dunedain

• Collector
  • Spartan E
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 03:47 AM »
Yeah, I have a couple of problems in the 2nd disc.  And that initial web update routine

The web update crap was my biggest mistake. When I turned it on, my X360 would hang. So what I did was load another movie without an update, and turn off HD-DVD's web access.
"Were it so easy."

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 01:39 PM »
Curious, is there any review how the Xbox stacks up in terms of PQ and AQ vs. the stand-alone HD-DVD players?  I've seen the side-by-sides of PS3 vs. the stand-alones in the BR territory, but how about on the Red side of the fence?  Thanks

Offline chuck427

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 12:13 AM »
Nope. I've subjected my X360 for more than 6 hours of gaming and HD-DVD movie already. No 3RL (from my end) as most people feared.

So its probably just a case to case basis im hoping..keeping my fingers crossed!!  ;D

Offline chuck427

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jan 26, 2008 at 02:44 AM »
just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for all the suggestions from everyone... I finally gone neutral by buying a Toshiba HD-A3 player....and of course, with Transformers as my 1st movie!!! again, thank u!!!!

Offline andre

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #48 on: Jan 26, 2008 at 07:08 AM »
My Xbox 360 had another 3RL. #*@#*. Secong time already. And its not even warm, just a couple of minutes of playing.

Good thing I didnt buy a HD-DVD add-on. Such a lousy product. No wonder Microsoft extended the warranty. 1 out of 3 units are eligible for 3RL.

Offline chuck427

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jan 26, 2008 at 10:27 AM »
My Xbox 360 had another 3RL. #*@#*. Secong time already. And its not even warm, just a couple of minutes of playing.

Good thing I didnt buy a HD-DVD add-on. Such a lousy product. No wonder Microsoft extended the warranty. 1 out of 3 units are eligible for 3RL.

so sorry to hear that dude..that was one of the reasons i didnt by the add-on because of hear that would happen..do u know if they have a fix for that?

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Jan 27, 2008 at 12:43 AM »
just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for all the suggestions from everyone... I finally gone neutral by buying a Toshiba HD-A3 player....and of course, with Transformers as my 1st movie!!! again, thank u!!!!

Congrat...wise move! :D

Offline killer_smile3

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • PS3 & Xbox360 Fanatic
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jan 27, 2008 at 01:09 AM »
actually the hddvd addon is very good hddvd player and there is already a working solution to the 3redlight on xbox 360. fyi.

Offline chuck427

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jan 27, 2008 at 03:51 AM »
actually the hddvd addon is very good hddvd player and there is already a working solution to the 3redlight on xbox 360. fyi.

really? is it a permanent fix? my bro's 360 got the red light..he had it fixed but same results...

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #53 on: Jan 28, 2008 at 12:36 AM »
Has your brother tried bravoexo? yep, d one who posted above.

He's one of the best 3RL doc around. Pwde na nga maging consultant ni B. gates yan para sa xbox720 ;D

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Jan 28, 2008 at 12:47 AM »
Hello, I have no problem so far, will try disc 2 bec I think there are a lot of reports of the problem here. Also I think the problem is when you load the movie and your 360 is connected to the internet and gets the web enabled features.

Moks007, are you facing any more problems with your Xbox after the last repair?

Offline chuck427

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jan 28, 2008 at 03:30 AM »
Has your brother tried bravoexo? yep, d one who posted above.

He's one of the best 3RL doc around. Pwde na nga maging consultant ni B. gates yan para sa xbox720 ;D

nope, i havent..ill definitly ask him though...thanks sir!!

Offline @nk71

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Collector
  • :o)
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Feb 14, 2008 at 05:28 PM »
I would say too late my hero.....nothing against x-box users here...but if I were to buy an add on..I'll just buy a Brandnew PS3 instead may bago na akong game console may blu ray player ap ako  ;D

kung ako si Bill gates I'll just eat my words and say sorry d ko na anticipate yung HD...
eto gawa ako ulit xbox 720 na with HD much cheaper than the original price release of xbox 360 and this time wla na pong 3rl with 45nm procie

pamatay sa PS3....
 ;D

« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2008 at 05:34 PM by @nk71 »

Offline Ctlim

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Feb 14, 2008 at 10:13 PM »
patayin nya ps3 labas sha ng ultimate xbox!

dual format (hddvd and bluray drive) na agad. no add ons. tapos true-hd na!

Offline @nk71

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Collector
  • :o)
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 12:36 AM »
patayin nya ps3 labas sha ng ultimate xbox!

dual format (hddvd and bluray drive) na agad. no add ons. tapos true-hd na!

nice idea all in one player kung baga....

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 06:26 PM »
http://buffalo.jp/products/catalog/storage/bhc-6316u2/

What about this dual add-on lads? Yen43K list price.