Author Topic: ANG PINAKA-POPULAR NA PINOY KOMIKS CHARACTER (OCTOBER 14, 2007)  (Read 6509 times)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

This Sunday, ANG PINAKA tackles yet another interesting topic, the pinoy 'komiks' characters.  Komiks, being a cheaply produced reading material during that time is what mostly filipinos read during their siesta, the one they are looking forward to every week to know if Jessa will have a happy ending after all in Blusang Itim, and also their escape from their mundane world. On the upcoming episode, the show will list down the most popular local komiks characters that were prominent during its heydays. It's a known fact that komiks stories penned by the likes of Gilda Olvidado, Nerissa Cabral and Elena Patron were a major source of materials from big local productions (such as Regal and most especially Viva) that would later become the box-office movies starring Nora (Beloved), Vilma (Sinasamba Kita), Hilda (Angela Markado) and Sharon (Bituing Walang Ningning) mostly.

Some of the 'expected' characters on the list would be Darna (originally called as Varga), Captain Barbel, Dyesebel and Ang Panday which we all know were the works of Mars Ravelo and Carlo Caparas combined. How about Zuma, Kamandag or Bakekang? Or even the well-loved and much-missed Niknok of Funny Komiks during our childhood?

What do you think, Kenkoy? ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2007 at 01:19 PM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:

Here's the list of ANG PINAKA-POPULAR NA PINOY KOMIKS CHARACTER:

10. DABIANA
    9. BONDYING
    8. KENKOY
    7. BAROK
    6. BAKEKANG
    5. DYESEBEL
    4. CAPTAIN BARBELL
    3. ANG PANDAY
    2. ZUMA
    1. DARNA

Panelists consist of writers and professor of literature : R.J. Nuevas, Dr. Luis Gatmaitan, Dr. Jimmuel Naval, Joseph Balboa, Randy Valiente

Offline siriusblack

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
some characters I grew up with.....

Asiong Aksaya
Mang Kepweng
Matsutsu and Baby Bardagol
Tuklaw

Lord, help me prove that winning the lottery won't spoil me !!

Offline Cosmo

• Collector
  • Liked:
Ming of Superkat
Niknok
Matsutsu of Planet Opdi Eyps

miss those funy komiks!!

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Ming of Superkat
Niknok
Matsutsu of Planet Opdi Eyps

miss those funy komiks!!

Funny Komiks is very much missed for those in their '30's (but for all ages if I may say so as well). Niknok, Planet Opdi Eyps and even the Mr.& Ms. comic strip are prominent during those times. Oh my! I still remember the issue wherein Niknok fell asleep inside the bathroom and everyone if looking out for him! :(

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:

THE WELL-LOVED PILIPINO FUNNY KOMIKS

For some recollection, check out this link: http://komiklopedia.wordpress.com/2007/04/29/pilipino-funny-komiks/
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008 at 04:24 AM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
That was a great episode yesterday! Kudos to Pinaka! although i would have ranked Panday #2 and Zuma #3. Very interesting  episode! Didn't really read much komiks except for Funny Komiks so i didn't know about Bakekang's story.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
That was a great episode yesterday! Kudos to Pinaka! although i would have ranked Panday #2 and Zuma #3. Very interesting  episode! Didn't really read much komiks except for Funny Komiks so i didn't know about Bakekang's story.

Indeed an interesting topic halvert. I thought so too that ANG PANDAY is way popular than ZUMA (but who can argue with a guy that has two large snakes on his shoulder? ;D ) Maybe we missed something when those two pinoy komiks characters are still in publication. I'm into Funny Komiks at that time and some local horror komiks.