Author Topic: Samsung LA32S81B or LA32R81B.  (Read 29741 times)

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Samsung LA32S81B or LA32R81B.
« Reply #30 on: Oct 18, 2007 at 01:48 PM »
Ako din po pa PM ng 37" and 40" quotes and freebies :)

Saka mga 1080p panels na meron :):):)

Sent you pm, Sir.  Pls note that in your pm of the following full HD TV: Sony KLV_X series and KLV_W series, Samsung LA_M seires, and Toshiba C series.

Offline triggerfish012

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Oct 18, 2007 at 02:49 PM »
 E-reply pa PM na rin ng offer mo for the Sammy 32R81!!! I'm planning of getting one this Oct or next month

Offline Nemesis91

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Atlantic Technology THX Ulta II
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Oct 18, 2007 at 02:58 PM »
Nemesis/E-reply,

Pa-pm pa din po ako ng price and what are the freebies. 32" and 37" po.  Thanks.

Hi sir Icetea sent you pm! low low price w/lots of freebies pa sa sammy's 40 units available at this price hehehe. ;D

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Oct 18, 2007 at 03:21 PM »
I also have 32S81 guys kaso kunti lang difference nila sa price ng 32r81. :D

Nemesis
txt or call 09178030747 send me you call sign to get the price. ;)

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #34 on: Oct 18, 2007 at 04:49 PM »
Question about these Samsung models...

If I have a 720p movie in my laptop then connect my laptop to my Samsung LCD via VGA connector...will I get the 720p resolution on my LCD? Also, does it carry both audio and video or just video?
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
Re: Purchase of 32' LCD.
« Reply #35 on: Oct 18, 2007 at 08:41 PM »
wala pa po sir,nagbubudget p lng kasi ako. kayo po sir,may idea n?

Hello again Sir Michan! :)

Yes...That's the reason I started this thread...to be able to get the best deal for 32' LCD. I'm going to purchase one on November 17, by hook or by crook!!! ;D

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Oct 18, 2007 at 08:47 PM »
Ok, it seems most everyone is for Samsung.

My question now is, if you were to use the LCD as your primary TV - watching cable and watching regular dvd's (not HD), which would be better between the two? 

Thanks  ;)

Sir Reefshark! :) Thanks for joining in and nice question to point out...can anyone enlighten us on this? ::)

Offline IceTea

• Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Oct 19, 2007 at 09:15 AM »
On a related note, is there a Video shop that has cable service in-house for people to test this out?  ;D

Offline triggerfish012

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Oct 19, 2007 at 01:08 PM »
Sir E-reply pa pm din ng best offer mo for the Samsung 32R81 including the home theater if possible !!

Thanks

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Oct 19, 2007 at 01:55 PM »
Sir E-reply pa pm din ng best offer mo for the Samsung 32R81 including the home theater if possible !!

Thanks

sent you pm, Sir.

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Oct 20, 2007 at 12:27 AM »
Extreme sale ang robinson pioneer visit Stop Look N'Listen ground floor besides mercury and infront of Grocery.

2 days sale only, bagsak price on Samsung 32R81 and 40R81 but for cash buyers no credit card available. i wont post the price here nor pm pls call > N'Listen
10am till 10pm look for Belen tel:687-35-50 You'll be shock w/the price! ;)

its a 2 days sale and after this regular price na ulit.

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Oct 20, 2007 at 02:45 PM »
Thanks sa mga kumuha ng sammy's, congrats w/your new toy! Mura noh. ;D

Offline Ianbond

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Wish I was born rich instead of HANDSOME
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Oct 21, 2007 at 12:20 PM »
Extreme sale ang robinson pioneer visit Stop Look N'Listen ground floor besides mercury and infront of Grocery.

2 days sale only, bagsak price on Samsung 32R81 and 40R81 but for cash buyers no credit card available. i wont post the price here nor pm pls call > N'Listen
10am till 10pm look for Belen tel:687-35-50 You'll be shock w/the price! ;)

its a 2 days sale and after this regular price na ulit.

Ill pass by today! sayang wala card, kasi am really planning on getting a 32 incher late nov or early december, pero kung meron sana baka kumuha ako today hehehe.
Got boost?

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 08:37 PM »
Hi Guys! :)

I have already decided with what Sammy to get this November. I, for one, learned so much about the comparison between these two models. Sir Victor, together with Sir Paul of Sights and Sounds, provided so much information for me to decide. I would like to thank Sir Victor and Sir Paul for being so helpful and very accomodating. They both gave time for me to truly understand what is the right unit for me.  Thank you for the demos/set-ups for me to see the different effects on different devices hooked up to the LCD for me to see the kind of picture quality the units can produce. Maraming, maraming salamat Sights and Sounds!!!  I will see you very soon!!!

To all who posted and provided information on this thread...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! You have been truly helpful. More power to pinoydvd.com. ;D

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Oct 22, 2007 at 08:42 PM »
Sir share naman your learnings after talking to s&s.
Para may dagdag kaalaman dun kami.
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline IceTea

• Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Oct 24, 2007 at 12:02 PM »
I second the motion.  Please share your insights.  TIA.   :)

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Oct 24, 2007 at 09:27 PM »
I'm sure that most of you may already know what I learned from my visit at Sights and Sounds. For those who are curious like me, (an "apprentice ;D"), read on and you might just be informed...

My main objective was to be able to see which is the best 32' LCD out in the market. Out of all the players, I have narrowed it down to the top three units, (as recommended by Sir Atlantiz): Samsung LA32R81B, Panasonic TX-32LX70 and the Sony KLV32U300A.

These three are on top due to the following:
>Price
>Picture Quality
>Popularity/Number of Units Sold
>Lifespan
>After sales service/Customer support

However, I had to see which would fit well for my needs, namely:
>TV/Cable viewing
>DVD movie viewing (ordinary dvd with component cable connection)
>PS2 gaming

Out of the three, I ranked Samsung numero uno on my list due to the following:
>For my viewing needs, it showed the best picture quality.
>The menu interface of Samsung is nice and very easy to navigate through.
>The movie mode option of the Samsung shows the best picture quality/resolution when viewing an ordinary dvd with a component cable connection.
>The movie mode option of the Samsung also emits just the right brightness needed when viewing in a dark room, making it easy to view and won't strain your eyes.
>The rest are just icing on the cake: slick design (R81), price (fits my budget), guaranty (in-house by S&S); etc...etc...etc...

One tip I learned (which you may already know) :P:
>It is advisable to place a soft dimmed night light, prefferably at the back of your LCD, (creating a backlight), when viewing. They say that it improves picture quality. The "backlight" must be at the most, 10% of what your LCD emits.
Just a thought...ever wondered why the Samsung R81 has a small dimmed light below the unit? ???

Again, I just want to point out that this is my personal opinion on the matter. ;D I also realized that when you compare LCD's of different brands side by side, you will really see the difference between each one. But at the end of the day, when you've decided to bring home your choice of LCD, it will give you the best picture quality you expect of it, as you have basically nothing to compare it with. The choice greatly depends on the eye of the beholder. ;)

As I've mentioned, I have yet to purchase my Sammy this November. I'm sure, that when I do get my unit, I will share more things about it as I begin to use it.

To Sir Jayps11_c and Sir IceTea, I hope you picked up something here and thanks for posting and for your interest on the matter.

Cheers! ;D
Stickfighter

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Oct 24, 2007 at 09:44 PM »
Thanks for sharing sir stick. Sana meron din on your 2 other options, what are the upside and downside of the Panny and Sony V. Para medyo wholistic ang coparison natin. Just hoping lang naman :):):)

But I appreciate the input....will take these into consideration when I purchase my next LCD.
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Oct 25, 2007 at 07:42 AM »
Go to Robinson Pioneer, grabe sale price ng samsung namin and w/all the freebies included na from us! ;) 7-9 units per day ang labas nag unit sa amin all in one price lang any of these brands.( samsung, pana annd sharp )
till sunday the 28th nalng po ang sale namin. ;D  ;D  ;D
Thanks nga pala sa mga kumuha yesterday, 4got to mention. :)
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2007 at 07:44 AM by Nemesis91 »

Offline IceTea

• Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Oct 25, 2007 at 09:32 AM »
I may sound like a sidekick here, but I once again, second the motion of jeyps11_c. :D I would like to know the upside/downside of the other two brand/model you mention.  Why not the other brands?  For me, specifically, Sony, but since you choose U-series then it's not a fair comparison.  I think, V-series would have been balanced.  On the other hand, I have an idea though why you went with U-series, price?  ;D

You mentioned "cable viewing".  Did you had the chance to test this out?  Is Samsung really better that those other two?  With regards to DVD movies, I assumed you still tested the HDMI output and not just the component, what's your opinion about the HDMI output?

Sorry kung makulit ako ha pero advance information always help when you doing things like this.  ;)  I also hope that people reading this, would understand that we are just getting opinions.  I don't have anything against other brands/models.  Cheers!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #50 on: Oct 26, 2007 at 08:20 AM »
I think the best is to bring your own dvd player, whether hdmi or component and your favorite discs and test it out. Since dvds are very low priced now, sacrifice and buy a couple of same titles at 199 for example and play them together on their players. Compare them side by side.. Then from there you do the picture settings, maybe the best is the same settings for the 3 tv regarding contrast, brightness, sharpness and color. These are the main ones to me. Regarding tv cable I dont know if most of these stores have cable, so I dont know how you will check it. All of us of course have different preferences and your own eyes will be the best judge. I think all of them will be good it just comes down to what features you need and make sure it will be future proof. (I say this bec before I bought the 32r71 couple years back.. and only have 1 hdmi....However prices were still high before so this is one of the best choices/options I have. Most have only 1 hdmi input..The others with 2 and are so expensive then..I ended up having to buy those hdmi switchers bec I need more inputs..You guys might say "No I dont need that much hdmi inputs in a tv..but in the future when you have few players, then you will say, ya nga no, sayang I bought the one with 3 inputs instead of 2..This is just a sample..), anyway price of course is a factor.., Customer service/warranty/tv service etc of course come into play..

I really dont pay much attention (of course meron fear konti) to the threads of the bad customer service or something conking out in only a few months on any of these brands or other brands, especially already name brands..I think there is more on the Samsung negatives on this. However this is my point: How many units have samsung sold here in the philippines. I think already in the millions..How many are experiencing this conking in few months, dead pixels, bad customer service etc. etc.. I think all brands will have these kind of issues, but it happens only maybe less than 5% of the time. If for example we have 200 people complaining on samsung r81 in a thread here or the word of mouth out there already is  that Samsung is a piece of crap tv that wont last (like their slimfits, Ya Ive heard a lot about this tv thats not great, which I think is already true..) then maybe we should stay away from it. Of course there will be people having bad experiences with customer service, but in reality who doesnt? Here in the Philippines is not like in america where customer service should be Numero uno..Imagine in america you can return something after 30 days of using it. Sometimes even longer. Ive experienced one time there overhearing this lady wanting to return something (not appliance) that is one year ago pa na purchase. They had few discussion, but the store still ended up exchanging the item or parang the customer got to return pa (Parang na refund pa) the item hehe..Yan ang customer service...Rights of buyers there..Here you change item walang refund. Sometimes you have to buy additional items pa to hit the price you want to exchange hehe..Well sorrry but im kinda off topic na. But I think its in relation to customer service...

Ok hope this helps for you guys to decide on what to buy..Good luck..

Offline jpodvd

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Oct 26, 2007 at 10:13 AM »
Sir Nemesis pa PM din ng 32", 37" and 40" quotes and freebies ng Samsung

Thanks

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Oct 26, 2007 at 10:38 AM »
Sir Nemesis pa PM din ng 32", 37" and 40" quotes and freebies ng Samsung

Thanks

Pm sent sir! ;)

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Oct 26, 2007 at 10:41 AM »
Ill pass by today! sayang wala card, kasi am really planning on getting a 32 incher late nov or early december, pero kung meron sana baka kumuha ako today hehehe.

Sige sir, we have card on trinoma, citibank and bpi has deffered payment base natin sa cash then we'll check how many month want it. ;)

extend natin yung sale sa trinoma na din. ;D

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Oct 26, 2007 at 09:36 PM »
I think the best is to bring your own dvd player, whether hdmi or component and your favorite discs and test it out. Since dvds are very low priced now, sacrifice and buy a couple of same titles at 199 for example and play them together on their players. Compare them side by side.. Then from there you do the picture settings, maybe the best is the same settings for the 3 tv regarding contrast, brightness, sharpness and color. These are the main ones to me. Regarding tv cable I dont know if most of these stores have cable, so I dont know how you will check it. All of us of course have different preferences and your own eyes will be the best judge. I think all of them will be good it just comes down to what features you need and make sure it will be future proof. (I say this bec before I bought the 32r71 couple years back.. and only have 1 hdmi....However prices were still high before so this is one of the best choices/options I have. Most have only 1 hdmi input..The others with 2 and are so expensive then..I ended up having to buy those hdmi switchers bec I need more inputs..You guys might say "No I dont need that much hdmi inputs in a tv..but in the future when you have few players, then you will say, ya nga no, sayang I bought the one with 3 inputs instead of 2..This is just a sample..), anyway price of course is a factor.., Customer service/warranty/tv service etc of course come into play..

I really dont pay much attention (of course meron fear konti) to the threads of the bad customer service or something conking out in only a few months on any of these brands or other brands, especially already name brands..I think there is more on the Samsung negatives on this. However this is my point: How many units have samsung sold here in the philippines. I think already in the millions..How many are experiencing this conking in few months, dead pixels, bad customer service etc. etc.. I think all brands will have these kind of issues, but it happens only maybe less than 5% of the time. If for example we have 200 people complaining on samsung r81 in a thread here or the word of mouth out there already is  that Samsung is a piece of crap tv that wont last (like their slimfits, Ya Ive heard a lot about this tv thats not great, which I think is already true..) then maybe we should stay away from it. Of course there will be people having bad experiences with customer service, but in reality who doesnt? Here in the Philippines is not like in america where customer service should be Numero uno..Imagine in america you can return something after 30 days of using it. Sometimes even longer. Ive experienced one time there overhearing this lady wanting to return something (not appliance) that is one year ago pa na purchase. They had few discussion, but the store still ended up exchanging the item or parang the customer got to return pa (Parang na refund pa) the item hehe..Yan ang customer service...Rights of buyers there..Here you change item walang refund. Sometimes you have to buy additional items pa to hit the price you want to exchange hehe..Well sorrry but im kinda off topic na. But I think its in relation to customer service...

Ok hope this helps for you guys to decide on what to buy..Good luck..

Sir Moks007! :)

Thank you for your post. I totally agree with you. And I'd also want to add that the care for your TV/LCD or for whatever item it is, really depends on the user. For example...last 1999 when I first started working to build my HT, 29' flat screens were so expensive. Then I stumbled over the brand "UNION." ??? Not known and unreliable. No history of whether it will last long or not. It was a gamble I had to take. The picture quality was good and can be compared to a WEGA, but the audio sucks!!! The audio didn't matter to me as I had a HT to take care of that. At the price of Php14k :o only...i bought it! I am happy to say that the same unit is still with me. It is 8 years old now. Your probably asking, "why then am I scouting for an LCD?" A few months back, a terrible thing happened. There was an erratic electricity fluctuation and this  damaged the colors of the screen. Picture quality is still crisp, but the colors are really distorted. I didn't have an AVR to protect it...my bad! :( But like they say, you learn from your mistakes!!! ::) So when I get my Sammy this November, I will back it up with a good AVR. Sorry if this is way off the topic, but I guess you see my point. It's inevitable if a unit has a factory defect, but if it doesn't, lack of care for the unit or improper usage may cause problems. Take care and love what you invest on. ;D

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #55 on: Oct 27, 2007 at 07:00 AM »
Sir Moks007! :)

Thank you for your post. I totally agree with you. And I'd also want to add that the care for your TV/LCD or for whatever item it is, really depends on the user. For example...last 1999 when I first started working to build my HT, 29' flat screens were so expensive. Then I stumbled over the brand "UNION." ??? Not known and unreliable. No history of whether it will last long or not. It was a gamble I had to take. The picture quality was good and can be compared to a WEGA, but the audio sucks!!! The audio didn't matter to me as I had a HT to take care of that. At the price of Php14k :o only...i bought it! I am happy to say that the same unit is still with me. It is 8 years old now. Your probably asking, "why then am I scouting for an LCD?" A few months back, a terrible thing happened. There was an erratic electricity fluctuation and this  damaged the colors of the screen. Picture quality is still crisp, but the colors are really distorted. I didn't have an AVR to protect it...my bad! :( But like they say, you learn from your mistakes!!! ::) So when I get my Sammy this November, I will back it up with a good AVR. Sorry if this is way off the topic, but I guess you see my point. It's inevitable if a unit has a factory defect, but if it doesn't, lack of care for the unit or improper usage may cause problems. Take care and love what you invest on. ;D

Hello sir stickfighter, ya agree with you also, take good care of your new lcd make sure you plug it to an AVR. I also have a story on a tv hehe..I find it amazing...Few years back I bought my girlfriend (now my wife) a 14 inch LG...yun regular tv only..I think this was mid 90's or late 90's..I bought it for her so she have a tv in her dorm..Up to this day, This 14 inch LG tv is still working like new. It is amazing with what it went thru. Ok we never have a AVR for it. Then the day of the big baguio...I forgot the name but the winds are over 200kmph ata. My aircon in one of my rooms, flew, I mean flew inwards and hit the tv. The tv then fell/slammed hard to the ground, had a cracked base. But you know what when we tried it it is still working like a charm..Grabe this is one of the strongest tv we ever had hehe..We are still using it now. No avr pa..I dont want to get rid of this tv for it is a remembrance of my courting days as boyfriend and girlfriend hehe....This thing is built tough. After this experience I wanted to buy an LG lcd tv dapat, but I decided on a samsung bec wasnt sure how the LG's are in LCD hehe..

Anyway congrats on your new toy and happy viewing..

Offline Ianbond

• Apprentice
  • Wish I was born rich instead of HANDSOME
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Oct 28, 2007 at 02:07 PM »
Learned a lto from this thread as well.

I'm also looking to buy an LCD mid November to early December, and same with stickfighter, my choices are the 32 incher S8 or R8's. Really hell-bent on getting the R81, but if my budget won't allow, I'll get the S81. Sayang lang wala card dun sa Rob Pioneer, napaaga sana bili ko.

PM's sent to E-reply and Nemesis :)
Got boost?

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Oct 28, 2007 at 11:16 PM »
Learned a lto from this thread as well.

I'm also looking to buy an LCD mid November to early December, and same with stickfighter, my choices are the 32 incher S8 or R8's. Really hell-bent on getting the R81, but if my budget won't allow, I'll get the S81. Sayang lang wala card dun sa Rob Pioneer, napaaga sana bili ko.

PM's sent to E-reply and Nemesis :)

hi sir, pm sent. Go to trinoma meron ako card dun extend ko sale ko for you bro! ;)

Offline geno69

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Oct 29, 2007 at 12:22 AM »
Nemesis,

Kindly PM your price for R81 & S81.

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Oct 31, 2007 at 02:03 AM »
Nemesis,

Kindly PM your price for R81 & S81.

Hi sir, better get the r81 parahas lang price nila. ;)
Tuloy ko sale ko sa samsung till supply last nalang, kunti nalang din natira bec of the sale. ;D