Author Topic: Die Hard 4.0: Available Now  (Read 16081 times)

Offline casanegro

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • "Manos", The Hands of Fate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Die Hard 4.0: 11/21/2007 (Tentative)
« Reply #30 on: Nov 24, 2007 at 10:54 PM »
Out na po ito. Apparently, Viva released two editions of this title. One, which looks like the standard edition, is PHP550. The other one, which is labeled Ultimate Action Edition (or something), sells for PHP750.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Die Hard 4.0: 11/21/2007 (Tentative)
« Reply #31 on: Nov 24, 2007 at 11:24 PM »
If this mirrors other region releases, the 550 should be the single-disc theatrical cut, while the 750 would be the 2-disc extended edition.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline vp_ortiz

• DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
Re: Die Hard 4.0: Available Now
« Reply #32 on: Nov 25, 2007 at 12:23 AM »
guys, can anyone comfirm if may deleted scenes and gag reel yung R1 and R3... kasi i saw the back case of the r1, wala yung deleted scenes tsaka gag reel.

pero in the r2, may deleted scenes at gag reel, pero walang commentary..

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 219
« Reply #33 on: Nov 25, 2007 at 02:24 AM »
If the R1 doesn't have the additional features, that's a cool incentive to also get the R3 (if it does have the deleted scenes and gag reel)  :o

Are you looking at the slipcase or have you opened it already to reveal the case back cover inside? Maybe the details are in there.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Nov 25, 2007 at 03:18 AM »
guys, can anyone comfirm if may deleted scenes and gag reel yung R1 and R3... kasi i saw the back case of the r1, wala yung deleted scenes tsaka gag reel.

pero in the r2, may deleted scenes at gag reel, pero walang commentary..

based on reviews, the R1 doesn't have the gag reel and the deleted scenes.. it also has no DTS track.. the R2, on the other hand, has the gag reel, deleted scenes and DTS but no commentary on the 2-disc edition.. the R3 Hong Kong version (with Tagalog subs) has the gag reel, deleted scenes, commentary and DTS track but only has the theatrical cut of the movie..

if the R3 version we get is like the Hong Kong version but with the unrated version of the movie, that would be great..

Offline vp_ortiz

• DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Nov 25, 2007 at 11:41 AM »
onga eh... i noticed the features are only available on a certain region. i already bought the r2, though ok naman yung deleted scenes. the gag reel is a must watch.

Offline dragonrower

• Collector
  • www.pc-experts.org
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Nov 25, 2007 at 11:58 AM »
kung 550 yung extended, hmmm, compressed video kaya ito, kung 750 nga talaga. 2 disc naman sulit, pero sana hindi compressed video. hehe

Offline vp_ortiz

• DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Nov 25, 2007 at 02:22 PM »
technically compressed naman lahat ng videos sa dvd, d b?

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #38 on: Nov 25, 2007 at 02:34 PM »
die hard now available at odyssey!

was supposed to get the 2 disc available at odyseey trinoma at 750. kaso yung last copy nila kumakalog yung disc. the sales lady opened it and may scratch yung disc. isa lang daw yung inissue sa kanila the rest are the single disc priced at 550.

« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2007 at 08:26 PM by juric »
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Nov 25, 2007 at 02:48 PM »
The 550 variant looks like it's the SINGLE DISC THEATRICAL VERSION with NO SPECIAL FEATURES, based on its packaging.

The 750 version wasn't available at Astro/Odyssey/Video City/The Department Store of SM City Sta. Mesa, so I didn't buy this title yet.
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2007 at 11:15 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline vp_ortiz

• DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Nov 25, 2007 at 03:53 PM »
so any updates on the special features?

Offline syoti

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #41 on: Nov 25, 2007 at 09:28 PM »
does anyone know where i can buy the die hard 8 disc quadrilogy hong kong edition? or are there any other collections of die hard movies available? thanks

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Nov 25, 2007 at 10:40 PM »
Di pa available sa Astro Shang. Meron na ba sa ibang Astro branches?

Offline duncanfranchise

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • Collector
  • Don't think you are; know you are.
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 02:20 AM »
Astroplus Podium only had THREE copies of the 2-disc edition.  Weird.

Offline sstar68

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 10:53 AM »
die hard now available at odyssey!

was supposed to get the 2 disc available at odyseey trinoma at 750. kaso yung last copy nila kumakalog yung disc. the sales lady opened it and may scratch yung disc. isa lang daw yung inissue sa kanila the rest are the single disc priced at 550.

Nakita ko available sa Landmark Trinoma 2 disc at 750.

Offline El Zar

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • Rebelde de Kamote
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #45 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 11:03 AM »
I wonder if the 2-disc is the "un-kiddie" version with some blood spatter and yi-pee-kay-yay, MOTHER#####@! You know, the one where the gunshot doesn't run over the last two syllables...?

Offline aszamora

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • DVD Guru
  • En Taro Adun
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 03:38 PM »
I wonder if the 2-disc is the "un-kiddie" version with some blood spatter and yi-pee-kay-yay, MOTHER#####@! You know, the one where the gunshot doesn't run over the last two syllables...?

Based on what it says at the back of the DVD case, the 2-disc seems to be the Unrated cut. I have yet to see it though.

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 05:32 PM »
my wife got me the 2 disc at the block odyssey - 3 copies lang daw ang inissue sa kanila! ;D

Offline jackdejesus

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 06:53 PM »
my wife got me the 2 disc at the block odyssey - 3 copies lang daw ang inissue sa kanila! ;D

Review mo naman yung disc for us.hehe

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 08:08 PM »
The 550 variant looks like it's the SINGLE DISC THEATRICAL VERSION with NO SPECIAL FEATURES, based on its packaging.

Sorry, I got to look at one of the single disc editions, and my assessment was wrong. The listed features include Audio Commentary, Extended/Deleted Scenes, Gag Reel.

I'm picking up my 2-Disc version tomorrow. Will let you know which version of the film it contains tomorrow, and what additional special features it contains - if no one else has by then.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 10:49 PM »
I think the 2-disc set contains the unrated version, since it says on the back that it has 32 scenes not seen in theaters (or something like that).

Yeah, the info at the back indicates it contain the MOTHER#####@! special feature.

Knowing Viva, who'll be discounting this title in about 3 months, I wanted to wait that long before I purchase this. But having seen that there are limited stocks available in stores (I only saw 1 copy in 3 different video stores in Ayala), I wonder if it's gonna be too late if I hold off buying this.

Offline snicky11

• Apprentice
  • King of the hill
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Nov 27, 2007 at 03:12 PM »
would they be release the blu-ray version locally? pati yun quadrilogy on blu-ray?

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Nov 27, 2007 at 03:22 PM »
I saw the complete range of Blu-Ray Die Hard titles (1,2,3,4, Quadrilogy) in Spectra at Park Square I, Ayala. Just ask them how much na lang.

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 03:51 AM »
I think the 2-disc set contains the unrated version, since it says on the back that it has 32 scenes not seen in theaters (or something like that).

Yeah, the info at the back indicates it contain the MOTHER#####@! special feature.

Knowing Viva, who'll be discounting this title in about 3 months, I wanted to wait that long before I purchase this. But having seen that there are limited stocks available in stores (I only saw 1 copy in 3 different video stores in Ayala), I wonder if it's gonna be too late if I hold off buying this.

with only few copies of the 2 disc edition, i doubt if it will make it to the sale bin.

odyssey the block has - 2 copies left as of  monday morning and odyssey trinoma 1 copy as of sunday afternoon may gasgas pa yung disc.

Review mo naman yung disc for us.hehe

it the first time ive seen the movie so i can't really tell the unrated or theatrical from the extended. i have'nt finished watching disc 2.

the disc has a dts track  ;D mother##### was indeed mother ##### as i did'nt notice any foul languages mentioned.
disc 1 has extended and deleted scenes. it also contained some bloopers and mtv of the band that made the ost of the movie.

disc 2 movie in the making of die hard and interviews with the actors, director and producer. ;D

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 04:02 AM »
here's a link to a comparison between the theatrical and the unrated version.. it's translated from German but you'd still understand it, though..

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 11:44 AM »
with only few copies of the 2 disc edition, i doubt if it will make it to the sale bin.

odyssey the block has - 2 copies left as of  monday morning and odyssey trinoma 1 copy as of sunday afternoon may gasgas pa yung disc.

I couldn't resist, so I bought the last stock at SM Makati Record Bar last night. I also saw one copy at National Bookstore Glorietta. Other than that, the other video stores in Ayala I've been to don't have the two disc edition (MusicOne Greenbelt, Tower Records Glorietta, Astro SM Makati).

Offline m0b1u5

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Music is everywhere... we just have to listen...
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 12:02 PM »
Got my 2 disc edition from Astro SM Makati last Saturday.  I think they had 5 copies on the shelf when I got mine.
Know Thyself!

Offline duncanfranchise

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • Collector
  • Don't think you are; know you are.
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 12:05 PM »
Sorry, I got to look at one of the single disc editions, and my assessment was wrong. The listed features include Audio Commentary, Extended/Deleted Scenes, Gag Reel.

I'm picking up my 2-Disc version tomorrow. Will let you know which version of the film it contains tomorrow, and what additional special features it contains - if no one else has by then.

Mr. Hankey, I just took a peek at the 2-disc edition last night and unless I'm missing something, it's the theatrical edition and not the unrated edition that's in Disc 1.  I smell false advertising here.  Can you concur? 

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 219
« Reply #58 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 02:44 PM »
Mr. Hankey, I just took a peek at the 2-disc edition last night and unless I'm missing something, it's the theatrical edition and not the unrated edition that's in Disc 1.  I smell false advertising here.  Can you concur? 

Got this from Worldwide DVD:

(In the Unrated version when McClane pulls Lucy's boyfriend out of the car and) "When Lucy's boyfriend tries to explain himself, McClane nudges him saying, 'Shut the crap up.' In the theatrical version, this is substituted with 'Hold it right there.'"

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 03:33 PM »

Just based on the final punchline catchphrase, the version included in the Php 750 R3 Die Hard 4.0 Ultimate Action Edition is the THEATRICAL CUT, since Bruce Willis says "Yippee-Ki-Yay Mother-(GUNSHOT!)" and not "Yippee-Ki-Yay Mother-F**ker! (GUNSHOT!)"

Stupid Mother-F**kers!  >:(

;D
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2007 at 03:37 PM by Mr. Hankey »