Author Topic: ANG PINAKA-MADRAMANG FACE-OFF SA PINOY MOVIES (NOVEMBER 18, 2007)  (Read 1666 times)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
     This week's ANG PINAKA is a pinoy drama movies stuff are made of:

10. CAIN AT ABEL - PHILIP SALVADOR - CHRISTOPHER DE LEON (classic confrontation among brothers)
     9. ORAPRONOBIS - GINA ALAJAR & BEMBOL ROCO
     8. TANGING YAMAN - JOHNNY DELGADO & EDU MANZANO (modern day sibling rivalry confrontation)
     7. INA, KAPATID, ANAK - CHARITO SOLIS & LOLITA RODRIGUEZ (classic confrontation among sisters, well, sort of)
     6. SAAN DARATING ANG UMAGA - NIDA BLANCA & MARICEL SORIANO (classic mother and daughter confrontation)
     5. KARNAL - PHILIP SALVADOR & VIC SILAYAN (classic father and son confrontation)
     4. T-BIRD AT AKO - NORA/VILMA VILMA/NORA (the confrontation is very watchable but the billing credits is way too much!)
     3. BITUING WALANG NINGNING - SHARON CUNETA & CHERIE GIL (my choice for no.1)
     2. INSIANG - HILDA KORONEL & MONA LISA (classic!)
     1. IKAW AY AKIN - VILMA/NORA NORA/VILMA (whatever!)

Panelists include: Suzette Doctolero-scriptwriter; Nick Pichay-Playwright/Poet; Vicky Belarmino-OIC Media Arts Division-CCP ; Ronnie Carasco III-Entertainment Columnist; Ruel S. Bayani-TV Director

Being subjected here but my list will include my two favorites: KUNG MAHAWI MAN ANG ULAP - HILDA KORONEL & AMY AUSTRIA (the 'busali kayo kayo nanggaling, sa busali kayo babalik' scene)  and BABANGON AKO'T DUDURUGIN KITA - SHARON CUNETA & HILDA KORONEL & CHRISTOPHER DE LEON (the climatic scene wherein Sharon ordered one of her henchmen to rape Via (Hilda) in front of Alfred (Christopher) and uttered her lengthy dialogue after with the obligatory slap in the face to Via.
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2007 at 07:20 PM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: ANG PINAKA-MADRAMANG FACE-OFF SA PINOY MOVIES (NOVEMBER 18, 2007)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2007 at 06:48 PM »
They miss the tandem of Vilma and Boyet in Bernal's BROKEN MARRIAGE. Same with Nora and Lolita Rodriguez in Brocka's INA KA NG ANAK MO. But good choice for the 3 minutes no dialogue of Nora and Vilma in the finale of IKAW AY AKIN. Bernal was actually narrating the suppose to be dialogue of the two movie icons while he was shooting that finale. He let the audience think for the open-ended ending.

And I know that some of the panelists were really Brocka fan.  ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2007 at 06:55 PM by keating »

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Re: ANG PINAKA-MADRAMANG FACE-OFF SA PINOY MOVIES (NOVEMBER 18, 2007)
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 06:59 PM »

I believed most of FPJ's action movies have dramatic face-offs (usually with his almost perennial counterpart Eddie Garcia as his ka-face-off). The King never misses an opportunity to utter a line coming from his movies' titles: ISANG BALA KA LANG, 'DI KA NA SISIKATAN NG ARAW, KAPAG PUNO NA ANG SALOP..............