Author Topic: samsung 46M81  (Read 1491 times)

Offline lover8888boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
samsung 46M81
« on: Nov 21, 2007 at 10:30 AM »
Dear all,

is that true sumsung 46M81 @ 149900 with motorise wall mount ?
Is this cheap? I plan to get one. I think its the best Lcd tv right now in 46".
Pls comment on it.

thanks. ::)
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2007 at 10:31 AM by lover8888boy »
:) ;)

Offline Tonmeister

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • The Art Of Sound
  • Liked:
Re: samsung 46M81
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2007 at 10:44 AM »
Dear all,

is that true sumsung 46M81 @ 149900 with motorise wall mount ?
Is this cheap? I plan to get one. I think its the best Lcd tv right now in 46".
Pls comment on it.

thanks. ::)

149900  is not cheap. and for the price and screen size, might as well get a plasma.

Offline lover8888boy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2007 at 10:51 AM »
dear Tonmeister, its with motorise wall mount which comes around P25000. is it still expensive???

Offline Tonmeister

• DVD Addict
  • The Art Of Sound
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2007 at 11:12 AM »
dear Tonmeister, its with motorise wall mount which comes around P25000. is it still expensive???

not for anything, but i think we're buying the tv and not the mount.
an entry level panasonic plasma costs around 70k which produces far better picture quality than the samsung lcd. so, even if you spend 25k for a motorised wall mount, then you still save around 50k. that's just me being practical.

please check out the discussions in this forum so that you may be guided in your buying decision. sayang kasi ang 150k for that kind of purchase.
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2007 at 11:15 AM by Tonmeister »

Offline Funky_Monkey

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2007 at 11:40 AM »
for 150k, get a 50 inch panasonic plasma and keep the change for a rainy day.

just curious:  why do you need a motorized mount?
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2007 at 11:40 AM by Funky_Monkey »

Offline lover8888boy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2007 at 11:47 AM »
 :)Dear tonmeister and funky_monkey, thanks for ur comments. I dont know why i like this samsung 46" so much that i cant think of any ohter model. for motorise wall mount i need coz my kids r so small that they might hit it.

Thanks sir vic for pm me.

Offline Tonmeister

• DVD Addict
  • The Art Of Sound
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2007 at 12:20 PM »
:)Dear tonmeister and funky_monkey, thanks for ur comments. I dont know why i like this samsung 46" so much that i cant think of any ohter model. for motorise wall mount i need coz my kids r so small that they might hit it.

honestly, the samsung lcd looks cool and the features are top notch. their marketing is even better. but, the picture quality of their monitors is so, so. and again, at this price point, you're better off buying something else.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2007 at 12:23 PM »

Hi Lover8888boy, you are not the only one falling in love with this tv. I just bought one around a month ago. Im very very happy with..Of course this is just my choice over the other lcds and plasma for the main reason this is already full hd..1.3 hdmi, 3 hdmi inputs. Actually compared it with the toshiba 4768e (nothing against toshiba, just my own observation), with Hulk hddvd, same player, and to me the samsung came out way better, color has more pop and picture is way clearer. No matter how much I adjust the setting of toshiba..To me it cant match the samsung. I never compared it with the sony x series bec the price of the sony is so ridiculous. They want it around 240 thou I think vs 140 plus for the toshiba and samsung. Thats a hundred grand difference :o.. I never compared it to the plasma so I cant comment on the plasma..But what really made me decide on this bec is its full hd..The panasonic plasma/pioneer plasma is not..Also I did not get the motorized mount. I really dont think you need that, just do it manually, thats 25 thou...Just use that to buy a hddvd or bluray player or discs

Anyway, when I bought it, it was listed at 199,900, I will PM you how much I got it for cash, it will be way cheaper for cash price.. Imagine in only a months time its now listed at 169,900. I think cash price without motorized mount you can get it around 120 to 135 thou right now. I got mine without motorized mount..

So far I watch hddvd/bluray and its truly amazing..Im out of words and this is no exaggeration..Dvd's are nice also, some close to hd's are lord of the rings, Indy temple of doom, star wars series and this one im pretty amazed for 299 only (Flight of the Phoenix) its real clear..Ok anyway good luck..Just bring your dvds, player and test it all out, whether lcd or plasma and all the different brands and let your eyes decide nalang.

Well hope this helps in your decision..

Offline Funky_Monkey

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 12:22 AM »
just thought of this.  for the same budget, i believe you can get a full HD 1080p capable plasma...  just something else to confuse you even more :))

Offline lover8888boy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 08:12 AM »
thanks MOKS007 for ur post. god bless

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #10 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 08:37 AM »
I saw this unit at Moks007's place & we did some HD demo/testing. I'm impressed with it. The size, elegant design & features. Best of all it's Full HD 1080p! ;)

There are indeed pro & con btw Plasma vs LCD. There are existing threads discussing this hot topic. I will leave you as the judge. As for the motorise wall mount, I'd agree with the other members it's not a priority & can be avoided to cut cost. But budget isn't a problem then why not. ;D

I agree with Moks007's suggestion with the amount saved can be put into good use such as getting a new HD DVD player plus plenty of extra HD movies. It will be the perfect companion for your LCD...enjoying a Full HD experience! ;)

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2007 at 08:39 AM by pchin »

Offline lover8888boy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Nov 25, 2007 at 12:09 PM »
Thanks to all gave der view for my purchase. I got my unit fm listeng in style on friday.
god bless u all.