Entertainment > Pinoy Entertainment

Filipino films

<< < (376/643) > >>

oggsmoggs:
Narinig Mo Na Ba Ang L8est? (Have You Heard of the Latest?, Jose Javier Reyes, 2001)

X44:
I liked Altar quite fine myself, Noel,moreso the second time I saw it - - - on a way better projector during its UP run. But oggs is right, I do have a soft spot for  Cogon . . .and do prefer it over Altar.  One of Rico's best, I think,and 2007's.  Hopefully it gets a good run at indiesine and the projector's as good as UP's.

oggsmoggs:

Intramuros (The Walls of Hell, Gerardo de Leon & Eddie Romero, 1964)

Noel_Vera:
Good stuff, oggs. I asked Teddy Co once which parts de Leon directed and Romero, and he said all the memorably visual stuff was probably de Leon's.

There's a scene where a group of Filipinos under guard are rescued that's particularly riveting.

This, incidentally, makes an interesting contrast with Monte Hellman's Back Door to Hell.

oggsmoggs:

--- Quote from: Noel_Vera on Feb 15, 2008 at 03:27 PM ---Good stuff, oggs. I asked Teddy Co once which parts de Leon directed and Romero, and he said all the memorably visual stuff was probably de Leon's.

There's a scene where a group of Filipinos under guard are rescued that's particularly riveting.

This, incidentally, makes an interesting contrast with Monte Hellman's Back Door to Hell.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Noel, I saw Eddie Romero's The Ravagers and while it doesn't have the distinct visual flair of Intramuros, it furthered the intriguing persona of FPJ, from subversive macho man in Intramuros to the heroic romantico of The Ravagers, hinting of a romantic attraction between him and the lead Caucasian girl.

I'd have to see Back Door to Hell, or any Hellman for that matter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version