Author Topic: Concert DVDs Released on R3  (Read 9058 times)

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Concert DVDs Released on R3
« Reply #30 on: Jan 28, 2008 at 04:51 PM »
Thanks for the reply guys.  But check this out.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007Y89ZM/ref=s9_asin_title_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1HSG9AT224SSY38R6VC1&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=320448801&pf_rd_i=507846

Amazon is also selling an R1 with 3 audio options just like the R3 that i've mentioned above.  Maybe this is a re-release with an additional audio option?

It says:
"Region: Region 1"
"...Format: AC-3, Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound, DVD-Video, Live, NTSC ..."

Also from the customer review:
"...I have found no other DVD that can match the production quality and sound, yet. Mostly due to the DTS encoding which is noticably superior to the Dolby Digital 5.1 surround on the home theater system..."

In this case, to hear is to believe.  As I said, the primary reason to buy this Hell Freezes Over DVD is for the sound experience!  Enjoy...

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #31 on: Jul 03, 2008 at 03:11 PM »
Anybody bought the new Rihanna concert DVD?
It's php395 at shops now

Any reviews?  :D

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jul 06, 2008 at 01:51 PM »

OK ba ang Queen Rock Montreal?

Reasonable price for a new-release concert, around P500+ yata.

It's a remastered "We Will Rock You" DVD (1981 in Montreal) plus Queen Live Aid 1985 in Wembley.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jul 07, 2008 at 11:36 AM »

It's a remastered "We Will Rock You" DVD (1981 in Montreal) plus Queen Live Aid 1985 in Wembley.

Oh yes, definitely.  If it's from Queen, grab it!  P599 is a reasonable price for a 2 disc release.  It has a DTS track so go for it.  Here's a review which might help you:

http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Reviews/Reviews.asp?ID=7998

By the way, I saw this copy elsewhere ( which can only be posted in the OTHER forum site ) but it's 1 disc only.  You might want to check it out muna there.  But if you're a Queen fan, I'd say buy this na.

Offline jiggs84

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jul 07, 2008 at 11:53 AM »

sir, is it available locally na? where did you see it? thanks...
ito ba yung Queen Montreux Live?...

parang nakita ko nga ito sa Astro MOA last night... but with a different cover design kse...

been eyeing BR of this in Amazon...
« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2008 at 11:58 AM by jiggs84 »
lovin' my Panny 42X20

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jul 07, 2008 at 12:01 PM »

I have the Blu-Ray version. I probably should have gotten an SD version. PQ isn't great. Luma na kasi.

SQ is okay but I wouldn't say it is reference quality.

Over-all, I am satisfied with it. If you are a Queen fan, buy it!
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jul 07, 2008 at 12:06 PM »
Celine Dion: A New Day - Live in Las Vegas
Php 665

2-Discs
Foldout digipack
Thick booklet inside

I have the BD version of this. I have also seen an SD version, playing in a pj.

Both are incredibly good. The director is Franco Dragone, same director of a few Cirque du Soleil shows, including La Nouba. The stage is absolutely huge, lighting is incredible, excellent choreography with maybe 50 dancers, props are first-class, there is a huge $20 Million screen in the back. PQ is among the best I have ever seen. SQ is likewise first-rate.

Now, if you're not a Celine Dion fan ... you will hate her dance steps!  ;D
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jul 07, 2008 at 03:21 PM »
sir, is it available locally na? where did you see it? thanks...
ito ba yung Queen Montreux Live?...

I saw it at Astro Robinsons Cainta.  Same cover as my Amazon pic at Reply #32.

Definitely not Montreux, Switzerland; it's Montreal, Canada.  Here's the cover of the first release, entitled "We Will Rock You":

Oh yes, definitely.  If it's from Queen, grab it!  P599 is a reasonable price for a 2 disc release.  It has a DTS track so go for it.  Here's a review which might help you:

http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Reviews/Reviews.asp?ID=7998

Thanks!

I'm a bit hesitant, since the concert itself is not that good.  Camerawork is also lousy.  For example, Brian May delivers a guitar riff, but the camera is on the drummer.  :P

Compare:

Queen Rock Montreal 1981: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjNEJsdP3rk
Live at Wembley 1986: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faUuwRDRrqA

The best I've seen is Live at Wembley; second-best is Live at the Bowl:

« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2008 at 04:57 PM by barrister »

Offline jiggs84

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jul 07, 2008 at 04:14 PM »

I saw it at Astro Robinsons Cainta.  Same cover as my Amazon pic at Reply #32.

Definitely not Montreux, Switzerland; it's Montreal, Canada.  Here's the cover of the first release, entitled "We Will Rock You":

ok sir. thanks. that's why i thought its a different concert. thanks for clarifying.
im having second thoughts of buying tuloy... ;)
lovin' my Panny 42X20

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #39 on: Jul 08, 2008 at 04:18 PM »

I have the SD of this. Even if it is Remastered still PQ is not that good. Although I will give the AQ a passing mark  ;)

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #40 on: Jul 08, 2008 at 04:20 PM »
I have the BD version of this. I have also seen an SD version, playing in a pj.

Both are incredibly good. The director is Franco Dragone, same director of a few Cirque du Soleil shows, including La Nouba. The stage is absolutely huge, lighting is incredible, excellent choreography with maybe 50 dancers, props are first-class, there is a huge $20 Million screen in the back. PQ is among the best I have ever seen. SQ is likewise first-rate.

Now, if you're not a Celine Dion fan ... you will hate her dance steps!  ;D

I have both the BD and SD copy of this. And it is well worth it (not to mention it made my wife very happy  ;D). Even the SD has a stunning PQ and SQ  ;)

Offline thewho

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Mar 27, 2009 at 07:37 PM »
MCA Music presents Rock ‘N’ Reel

Music never looked this good! MCA Music captured the best performances from the best artists and, put them out on DVD.  From Classic Rock to R&B, and everything in between, these performances will leave you asking for more.  Rock out to classic jams from Black Sabbath, Utopia, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Blind Faith, The Who, Jane’s Addiction, The Police and The Cure. Reminisce to Phil Collins, Kenny Rogers, Kool & The Gang, and Tears For Fears. Groove to Mary J. Blige. Appreciate the musical genius of Brian Wilson. As if the performances aren’t enough, these releases are packed with bonus features like interviews, outtakes, back stage views, and other goodies.  Own these amazing, classic performances for only Php350. Available in all music stores, only from MCA Music. 

The Black Sabbath Story Vol. 1 - MAIN CONTENT Documentary including the following tracks: 1) N.I.B. 2) Paranoid 3) War Pigs 4) Children Of The Grave 5) Snowblind 6) Sabbath Bloody Sabbath 7) Symptom Of The Universe 8) It’s Alright 9) Rock And Roll Doctor 10) Never Say Die 11) Hard Road. DVD EXTRAS - Bonus Band History, Album Gallery, Animated Menus

The Black Sabbath Story Vol. 2 - MAIN CONTENT Documentary including the following tracks: 1) Die Young 2) Neon Knights 3) Trashed 4) Zero The Hero 5) No Stranger To Love 6) The Shining 7) Headless Cross 8) Feels Good To Me 9) TV Crimes DVD EXTRAS - Bonus Band History, Album Gallery, Animated Menus

Utopia Live In Boston 1983 - MAIN CONTENT 1) Infrared And Ultraviolet 2)Libertine 3) Burn Three Times 4)Could I Just Tell You 5)Set Me Free 6)I’m Looking At You But I’m Talking To Myself 7)Princess of The Universe 8)Swing To The Right 9)There Goes My Inspiration 10)Hammer To My Heart 11)Call It What You Will 12)You Make Me Crazy 13)Rock Love 14)Feet Don’t Fail Me Now 15)Say Yeah 16)Back n The Street 17 )Forgotten But Not Gone 18)Only Human 19)The Road To Utopia 20) Caravan 21) Love In action 22)One World 23)Just One Victory EXTRA FEATURES - Interview with all band members, Photo gallery

Styx & REO Speedwagon Arch Allies Live At Riverport - MAIN CONTENT STYX 1) Blue Collar Man 2)Fooling Yourself 3)Lady 4)Brave New World 5)Edge Of The Century 6)Heavy Water 7)Too Much Time On My Hands 8)Renegade REO SPEEDWAGON 1)Don’t Let Him Go 2)Music Man 3)Take It On The Run 4)Can’t Fight This Feeling 5)Time For Me To Fly 6)Back On The Road Again 7)Keep On Loving You 8)Ridin’ The Storm Out STYX & REO SPEEDWAGON JAMS 1) Blue Collar Man 2)Roll With The Changes EXTRA FEATURES – Discographies, Biographies, Web Links , Tour Photo Gallery, Audio Interview

Blind Faith Live London Hyde Park 1969 - MAIN CONTENT 1) Well All Right 2) Sea Of Joy 3) Sleeping On The Ground 4) Under My Thumb 5) Can’t Find My Way Home  6) Do What You Like 7) Presence Of The Lord 8) Means To An End 9) Had To Cry Today DVD EXTRAS - Spencer Davis Group “I’m A Man” promo video, Traffic “Hole In My Shoe” promo video, Cream “I’m So Glad” promo video, Photo gallery, Discography

Phil Collins A Life Less Ordinary - MAIN CONTENT 1) Documentary – “A Life Less Ordinary”, 2) Concert DVD EXTRAS - Extended Interviews

Kenny Rogers Live By Request - MAIN CONTENT 1)Islands In The Stream 2)Daytime Friends 3)She Believes In Me 4)Ruby, Don’t Take Your Love To Town 5)Live Will Turn You Around 6)The Greatest 7)Love Or Something Like It 8)Through The Years 9)Lucille 10)Don’t Fall In Love With A Stranger 11)Coward Of The Country 12)Lady 13)Crazy 14)The Gambler 15)We’ve Got Tonite 16)You Decorated My Life 17)Slow Dance More

Brian Wilson Presents Pet Sounds Live In London - MAIN CONTENT 1) Show Open  2) Wouldn’t It Be Nice 3) You Still Believe In Me 4) That’s Not Me 5) Don’t Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder) 6) I’m Waiting For The Day 7) Let’s Go Away For Awhile 8) Sloop John B 9) God Only Knows 10) I Know There’s An Answer 11) Here Today 12) I Just Wasn’t Made For These Times 13) Pet Sounds 14) Caroline No 15) Band Intros 16) Good Vibrations 17) Credits DVD EXTRAS “Pet Stories” – documentary, Complete discography, Gallery

The Who The Kids Are Alright - MAIN CONTENT “The Kids Are Alright” documentary, Live Performances DVD EXTRAS - Director’s commentary, English subtitles,Track by track liner notes

The Police Synchronicity Concert Live - MAIN CONTENT Synchronicity Concert Live –
1) Intro 2)Synchronicity 3)Walking In Your Footsteps 4)Message In A Bottle 5)Walking On The Moon 6)Wrapped Around Your Finger 7)Hole In my Life 8)King Of Pain 9)One World 10)Tea In The Sahara 11)Oh My God 12)De Do Do Do De Da Da Da  13)Every Breath You Take 14)Can’t Stand Losing You 15)Spirits In The Material World 16)So Lonely 17)Credits DVD EXTRAS - Synchronicity Concert Multi-Angle Tracks, Interview In Melbourne, Australia 1983

Jane’s Addiction Three Days - MAIN CONTENT Three Days – docu-drama, concert performances EXTRA FEATURES -  Director commentary Lost scenes / outtakes

Mary J. Blige Live From Los Angeles - MAIN CONTENT 1)You Remind Me 2)You Don’t Have To Worry 3)Real Love 4)Be Happy 5)Love No Limit 6)My Love 7)I’m The Only Woman 8)I Can Love You 9)Message In Our Music 10)Children Of The Ghetto 11)My Life 12)Your Child 13)The Love I Never Had 14)Not Gon’ Cry 15)It’s A Wrap 16)Love And Life Intro 17)Free 18)No More Drama 19)Love @ First Sight 20)Everything 21)Family affair 22)We Are Family EXTRA FEATURES - Behind The Scenes footage, Making Of footage

The Cure Greatest Hits - MAIN CONTENT Music videos :Boys Don’t Cry, A Forest, Let’s Go To Bed, The Walk, The Lovecats, In-Between Days, Close To Me, Why Can’t It Be You?, Just Like Heaven, Lullaby, Never Enough, High, Friday I’m In Love, Mint Car, Wrong Number, Cut Here, Just Say Yes EXTRA FEATURES - Acoustic hits A Forest, The Lovecats, Close To Me, Lullaby, Friday I’m In Love, Just Say Yes, Hidden Videos

Tears For Fears Scenes From The Big Chair – MAIN CONTENT Scenes From The Big Chair Documentary (TRT 75 minutes) Interview / making-of / documentary footage mixed in with video and live footage: 1)Broken (Live) 2)Everybody Wants to Rule the World (Promo) 3)Shout (Live) 4)Listen (Promo) 5)Head Over Heels (Promo) 6)Broken (Live/Reprise) 7)Memories Fade (Live) 8)The Hurting (Live) 9)Mothers Talk (Promo) 10)I Believe (Promo) 11)The Working Hour (Live) 12)Everybody Wants to Rule the World (Live) 13) Shout (Promo) Extra Features -  Going To California – Live In Santa Barbara (TRT 90 minutes) Tracklisting for concert 1)Women of Ireland 2)I Believe 3)Head Over Heels 4)Change 5)Pale Shelter 6)Woman In Chains 7)Advice For the Young at Heart 8)Mad World 9)Famous Last Words / When the Saints Come Marching In (Medley) 10)I've Got to Sing My Song 11)Bad Man's Song 12)Sowing the Seeds of Love 13)All You Need is Love 14)Everybody Wants to Rule the World  15)Year of the Knife 16)Shout Exclusively made for this DVD (TRT 35 minutes) Chris Hughes (Producer) talking about “Songs From The Big Chair”. How it all came together

Other DVDs from MCA Music : Mariah Carey – The Adventures Of Mimi, Rihanna – Good Girl Gone Bad Live, The Pussycat Dolls – Live In London, Nelly Furtado – Loose: The Concert, Janet Jackson – Design Of A Decade, Take That – Beautiful World Live, Akon – His’story, Various Artists – Hip Hop The Collection, Amy Winehouse – I Told You I Was Trouble, MIKA – Live In Cartoon Motion, Keane – Live, Oasis – Lord Don’t Slow Me Down, Nirvana – Unplugged In New York, Guns  N Roses – Welcome To The Videos, Metallica – The Videos 1989 – 2004, Tokio Hotel – Caught On Camera, Bob Marley – Legend, Jimi Hendrix – Live At Monterey, Lionel Richie – Live, Carpenters – Gold, ABBA – Gold, Luciano Pavarotti – Duets, Andre Rieu – Live In Vienna, Andrea Bocelli – Vivere Live In Tuscany, The Police – Certifiable, Eagles – Hell Freezes Over.

Offline jbluzb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Feb 17, 2011 at 11:39 PM »
Concert DVD get multiple replays for me