Author Topic: NAD Integrated Amplifier Speaks-out  (Read 164450 times)

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
Re: NAD Integrated Amplifier Speaks-out
« Reply #330 on: Apr 03, 2014 at 09:03 PM »
NAD D 3020 Hybrid Digital Amplifier

http://nadelectronics.com/products/digital-music/D-3020-Hybrid-Digital-Amplifier

My favorite feature about this:

CONNECT ALL YOUR DIGITAL DEVICES
There are inputs for your computer and for other digital and analog sources. The USB input uses ‘asynchrounous’ mode to insure the lowest possible jitter (timing errors) from notoriously unstable computer audio outputs and supports 24/96 HD studio master music files. Coaxial and optical inputs allow many different digital sources to be connected, from CD and DVD disc players, to set top boxes like AppleTV or satellite and cable receivers. There are also analog inputs for iPods and older non-digital audio components like FM tuners.

The D 3020, with its wireless Bluetooth capability, can stream music from smartphones, tablets and laptops and even supports the highest audio quality Bluetooth aptX that is becoming more and more popular for its excellent sound quality and low power consumption compared to Wi-Fi.

Listened to this kanina, at Watts Hi Fi, with the B6 and NAD 346BEE. Compared it with NAD 326BEE+346BEE+B6 combo.

The 326BEE sounded better (maybe because the 3020 is only 30watts?) BUT it can't connect to my laptop/smart phone :)
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2014 at 09:10 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #331 on: Apr 05, 2014 at 09:39 AM »
Did you have the opportunity to hear the Reference 3A they had there? Man, that was sweet! I preferred the NAD 375bee compared to the tube amp they had there though.
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #332 on: Apr 05, 2014 at 10:04 AM »
Mam tonedeaf,

next visit mo kina rex i audition mo yung PSB Synchrony One B, connected to a NAD 375Bee, NAD CD Player tapos with Rel T9 he he he...

It's pure Stereo Awesomeness he he he
Walang Setup

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #333 on: Apr 05, 2014 at 10:08 AM »
^Naku, I know how much all of those cost. Hahaha! (not too familiar with the Reference series referred to by @armymanhaha though)

Ngayon nga, parang gusto ko naman ng stereo integrated amp. Tsk, tsk. Have to buy the amp switcher thing, if I do. But my strategy is to wait sa MP, para mas mura :)

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #334 on: Apr 05, 2014 at 10:21 AM »
^Naku, I know how much all of those cost. Hahaha! (not too familiar with the Reference series referred to by @armymanhaha though)

Ngayon nga, parang gusto ko naman ng stereo integrated amp. Tsk, tsk. Have to buy the amp switcher thing, if I do. But my strategy is to wait sa MP, para mas mura :)

Integrated? Panalo ang NAD 375BEE dyan he he he.. Yan setup ni armymanhahaha with PSB Synchrony One B...

Actually with your room size, you wouldn't need a sub if ang speakers is Synchrony One B he he he
Walang Setup

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #335 on: Apr 05, 2014 at 10:29 PM »
^ang meron si Rex ngayon 375BEEDAC. More expensive than the 375BEE lang :(

Questions re NAD 326BEE:

1. It has an MP3 input - Does this work for iPhone and Android phones? USB with MP3 files? Or just MP3 players like iPods?
2. Can I use a turntable with it? The inputs are designated as MP, CD, Tuner, Disc, Aux and Video. No identified "phono" input.

Offline Arulco

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 691
« Reply #336 on: Apr 05, 2014 at 11:15 PM »
1. That's just a label for the Media Player source connection. The 326 does not have a built-in DAC for iPhones/Android Phones and iPods. Its an analog connection using a cable with stereo mini jack terminations. Goes something like this: Phone/iPod headphone out ---->C326BEE front MP input.

2. The 326BEE does not have a built-in phono preamp so no, you cannot use a turntable unless you buy a separate phono pre.

BTW, I did a sighted non-matched level A/B of the D 3020 with the 326 recently, I also preferred the sound of the 326 under those testing conditions and got that one. Using it now with an HRT Musicstreamer II usb dac, MA BR2 speakers and an SVS SB12-NSD sub. Definitely a sound upgrade from the C325BEE it replaced.
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2014 at 11:42 PM by °BSΩLE†e »

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #337 on: Apr 05, 2014 at 11:30 PM »
^thanks! That's also my plan --- if I get the 326  (and not the D3020), I'll just get a USB DAC so I can play from digital sources.

Edit:

I was just looking over NAD's website and realized that the DAC models (375BEEDAC and 356BEEDAC) would solve my digital concerns.

Question now is, is it worth buying the 356beeDAC which is practically double the price of the 326BEE?
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2014 at 11:59 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline esr101

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #338 on: Apr 06, 2014 at 06:58 AM »
I heard both 326bee and 356beedac. I like the sound of the 356 better. Both were paired with a image t5. Mas makapal sound niya compare sa 326 plus it has a dac already.

If you have multiple audio setups (i.e dedicated music room then sa sala meron ka pa), then for me mas practical 326 then get a usb dac. You can bring it around. The 326 is already good paired with the b6.

But if dedicated yung audio setup mo get i would go for the 356beedac. That will be more practical for me.

Offline Arulco

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #339 on: Apr 06, 2014 at 12:05 PM »
^thanks! That's also my plan --- if I get the 326  (and not the D3020), I'll just get a USB DAC so I can play from digital sources.

Edit:

I was just looking over NAD's website and realized that the DAC models (375BEEDAC and 356BEEDAC) would solve my digital concerns.

Question now is, is it worth buying the 356beeDAC which is practically double the price of the 326BEE?

The DAC on the 356 has some pretty basic digital inputs: just USB and optical in so you can't digitally connect mobile devices directly just like that.

Read a lot of good feedback for the Yamaha A-S500 which is within the same price range as the 326. Worth considering too if you plan on getting a separate DAC unit that could do wireless digital streaming with your laptop and mobile devices.

I still think the D 3020 is a good option for the price because of its convenience as a compact all-in-one unit and connectivity options if you plan to use it a lot with iPhone, and android devices.
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2014 at 12:49 PM by °BSΩLE†e »

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #340 on: Apr 06, 2014 at 12:39 PM »
To add, the MDC DAC of Nad is only limited to 24/96. With newer file formats like dsd and dxd that goes up to a resolution of 32/384, I'd rather get the plain 356bee or a separate external DAC.

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #341 on: Apr 08, 2014 at 11:09 AM »
What speakers have been paired with NAD D 3020? Appreciate sharing your experiences....

Offline Arulco

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #342 on: Apr 08, 2014 at 11:26 AM »
I tested the D 3020 with what I think was a pair of B&W 600 series bookshelf speakers. The grills were on and I didn't ask what exact model they were.
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2014 at 11:26 AM by °BSΩLE†e »

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #343 on: Apr 08, 2014 at 11:28 AM »
What speakers have been paired with NAD D 3020? Appreciate sharing your experiences....

I tested it with the Image B6 and NAD 546BEE CD player.

Offline JoeyGS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
« Reply #344 on: Apr 08, 2014 at 05:45 PM »
Were the speakers driven very well even at higher volume levels?

Offline Arulco

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #345 on: Apr 08, 2014 at 06:49 PM »
I noticed some strain on the part of the D 3020 at higher volume levels. The dynamics and sound stage seemed to flatten out a bit maybe because of some distortion but I don't know for sure. Might be because its "only" 30W or Class D amps still have room for improvement at this price point IMO.

The 326 seemed to play the same songs through the same speakers with ease with full dynamics and space because of ultra low noise and distortion at various volume levels. Must be due of the increased power output and the all discrete analog circuitry BEE amps are known for.
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2014 at 06:51 PM by °BSΩLE†e »

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #346 on: Apr 08, 2014 at 09:03 PM »
Were the speakers driven very well even at higher volume levels?

I didn't try play at very high volume levels, so I cannot say.

What I did notice, however, was that the sound produced by the 326BEE vs the D 3020 was different. Forgive my descriptions, as I'm not really too familiar with the terms used in describing these things, but --

Sa D3020, mas malakas ang treble, mas matinis ang boses. Si Rex pointed out to me the "difficulty" the D 3020 had in producing bass.

Sa 326BEE, no problem with bass. And the voices seemed fuller.

We just played Audiophile Voices #1 btw, no other material, as I was just there briefly.

Offline JoeyGS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
« Reply #347 on: Apr 08, 2014 at 09:51 PM »
Thanks guys..... Your responses are appreciated

Offline Lynn

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #348 on: May 30, 2014 at 03:27 AM »
326 brader then b6 swak na swak kahit rekta mo MP w/o using DAC.
Mura na, attack kung attack pa!
NAD 326/Creek 4040 s2
MA RX1 / SVS SB12NDS
Victor XL Z531 K2

Offline splucktearse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • poor lang po ako
  • Liked:
« Reply #349 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 08:06 PM »
Planning to buy Nad 356 + PSB T5 or Nad 326 + PSB B6. There is a Ramadan Sale here, 20% off on amps. But the problem is I cannot audition until next month. Next month pa ako pwedeng bumisita sa shop and the promo may be over that time. Iniisip ko magpabili sa cousin ko na malapit dun sa shop pero i want to audition first before buying. Ano po kayang gagawin ko, that 20% is very tempting hehe
Emotiva PT-100       
Emotiva A300
Klipsch RF 62 II
SVS SB 2000

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #350 on: Jul 15, 2014 at 09:30 PM »
I already have the 326+B6 combo, but if i had the money I'd get the 356 amp... not sure about the speakers. :)

Offline splucktearse

• Collector
  • poor lang po ako
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: Jul 16, 2014 at 04:50 PM »
I already have the 326+B6 combo, but if i had the money I'd get the 356 amp... not sure about the speakers. :)

The PSB Imagine T5 is a floorstander. Maybe I will stick with the 356 + t5 as mentioned below even without auditioning myself haha

I heard both 326bee and 356beedac. I like the sound of the 356 better. Both were paired with a image t5. Mas makapal sound niya compare sa 326 plus it has a dac already.

If you have multiple audio setups (i.e dedicated music room then sa sala meron ka pa), then for me mas practical 326 then get a usb dac. You can bring it around. The 326 is already good paired with the b6.

But if dedicated yung audio setup mo get i would go for the 356beedac. That will be more practical for me.

Emotiva PT-100       
Emotiva A300
Klipsch RF 62 II
SVS SB 2000

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #352 on: Jul 16, 2014 at 06:13 PM »
The PSB Imagine T5 is a floorstander. Maybe I will stick with the 356 + t5 as mentioned below even without auditioning myself haha

Sir maybe you are talking about the PSB Image T5, kasi sa Imagine series T2 at T lang ang floorstander..
Walang Setup

Offline splucktearse

• Collector
  • poor lang po ako
  • Liked:
« Reply #353 on: Jul 16, 2014 at 07:49 PM »
Sir maybe you are talking about the PSB Image T5, kasi sa Imagine series T2 at T lang ang floorstander..

Ah yes Image T5 nga sir. Thanks for the correction. BTW if you were in my situation, will you buy the amp without the audition?
Emotiva PT-100       
Emotiva A300
Klipsch RF 62 II
SVS SB 2000

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #354 on: Jul 16, 2014 at 08:43 PM »
Ah yes Image T5 nga sir. Thanks for the correction. BTW if you were in my situation, will you buy the amp without the audition?

I have a psb image T6 and a Nad amp and pre-amp... Perfect combination for me... I would still audition the amp just to check for possible issues..
Walang Setup

Offline splucktearse

• Collector
  • poor lang po ako
  • Liked:
« Reply #355 on: Jul 16, 2014 at 08:53 PM »
I have a psb image T6 and a Nad amp and pre-amp... Perfect combination for me... I would still audition the amp just to check for possible issues..

E di sir for you e wait nalang ako next month and audition myself kahit wala na yung promo. Bale regular price Php 37k yung 356BEE DAC (they dont have the one without dac), Promo price Php 30k nalang. sayang din 7k hehe

Btw sir if you dont mind anong model ng Nad amp and pre amp ang ginagamit mo ngayon?
Emotiva PT-100       
Emotiva A300
Klipsch RF 62 II
SVS SB 2000

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #356 on: Jul 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM »
E di sir for you e wait nalang ako next month and audition myself kahit wala na yung promo. Bale regular price Php 37k yung 356BEE DAC (they dont have the one without dac), Promo price Php 30k nalang. sayang din 7k hehe

Btw sir if you dont mind anong model ng Nad amp and pre amp ang ginagamit mo ngayon?

Well kung bnew naman may warranty yan right? So it should be ok kung nanghihinayang ka sa 7k, with regards to sq of combo of t5 and 356bee it should be a good combination. Nad and psb are perfect match for me..

Im using a nad c275bee amp and nad c165bee preamp.. Ive connected it to my image b6, image t6 and synchrony one b. now its permanent with synchrony since im using the image for ht duties..
Walang Setup

Offline splucktearse

• Collector
  • poor lang po ako
  • Liked:
« Reply #357 on: Jul 17, 2014 at 02:42 AM »
Well kung bnew naman may warranty yan right? So it should be ok kung nanghihinayang ka sa 7k, with regards to sq of combo of t5 and 356bee it should be a good combination. Nad and psb are perfect match for me..

Im using a nad c275bee amp and nad c165bee preamp.. Ive connected it to my image b6, image t6 and synchrony one b. now its permanent with synchrony since im using the image for ht duties..

Thanks sir. Papabili nalang ako sa pinsan ko ng amp this month then next month ko kukunin sa kanya. Tapos balik kami sa store, audition namin ang mga psb speakers dun using the amp we purchased and pipili ng pasok sa panlasa at sa bulsa hehe.
Emotiva PT-100       
Emotiva A300
Klipsch RF 62 II
SVS SB 2000

Offline AppleMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
NAD Integrated Amplifier Speaks-out
« Reply #358 on: Jul 21, 2014 at 06:32 AM »
Mga brad ano masasabi nyo sa NAD 218 THX worth it pa ba sya sa price na 35k just need your advise pasensya na po, maraming salamat po sa advise just in case.....
KEF Q100
NAD C326BEE

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #359 on: Jul 25, 2014 at 06:11 AM »
Here's an input regarding the sound quality of the MDC DAC. Having owned a 375DAC for over a year now and having the opportunity of owning a V-DAC, V-DAC2, V-90DAC, and the Musiland 03, the only DAC that was able to satisfy me was the one built-in my amp. I felt that it has satisfied me more musically and gave more resolution compared to the ones I mentioned. That's why I find it hard to justify an upgrade right now. Rather, I'm just staying put and wait for newer technology and manufacturers to give us a new generation of DACs. I see that coming with the hi-res formats looming.

At the shop, Rex and I compared a 516BEE and the MDC DAC and it was clear that the MDC was more transparent. It was actually the deciding factor for my purchase.
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2014 at 06:15 AM by armymanhaha »
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"