Author Topic: Soundbar Speakers  (Read 131515 times)

Offline karce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Soundbar Speakers
« Reply #30 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 03:51 PM »
ano yung pinaka maganda na sound bar speaker na available sa pinas? 

Offline jonatslee

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Oct 04, 2008 at 08:52 PM »
If you can't go surround, invest in a good stereo 2.1 (or 3.1) setup.
Personally, sound bars aren't worth their price, and it would be better investing in good stereo speakers instead.

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #32 on: Mar 07, 2009 at 05:22 PM »
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2009 at 05:32 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline stud

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Mar 08, 2009 at 03:06 AM »
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2009 at 03:15 AM by stud »

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Mar 14, 2009 at 10:49 PM »
^is it true that surround sound reproduction isn't so good? do you use a separate subwoofer, or the one that comes with it?

due to space constraints, i might be forced  to let go of my present 5.1 set-up when i move houses late this year, so i'm really contemplating soundbars as an alternative.

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Mar 14, 2009 at 11:26 PM »
^is it true that surround sound reproduction isn't so good? do you use a separate subwoofer, or the one that comes with it?

due to space constraints, i might be forced  to let go of my present 5.1 set-up when i move houses late this year, so i'm really contemplating soundbars as an alternative.

A traditional 5.1 system is the best way to go, but if you do not want to put back speakers or mess about with all the installations and wiring, then a decent sound bar is a good alternative. I do suggest the following:

- Polk Audio Surround Bar - its a 5 channel speaker system in a speaker bar; its 42 inch
- Polk Audio Surround Bar 50- its a 5 channel speaker system in a speaker bar; its 50 inch
- Polk Audio Surround Bar 360- its a 5 channel speaker system in a speaker bar that comes with a received and an build in upscalling DVD player, it was also designed to generate bass with out the use of a sub woofer.

Polk Audio designed the surroundbar to fool the ears into thinking that speakers are position around you. It does not take up much space, just add a sub woofer and you have the next best thing to a 5.1 system. Go to some of the shops selling polk Audio and ask for an audition, you will find yourself look left and right for some hidden speaker. Its really that good.

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Mar 15, 2009 at 08:51 AM »
^mas bagay pala sa akin ang surround bar lang, kasi 42" ang display ko ngayon. i already have receiver and subwoofer kasi.

will demo this in one of the stores, see how it sounds.

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Mar 18, 2009 at 09:10 AM »
Try Bose 321
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline tebenets

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Apr 24, 2009 at 10:16 PM »
gurus,
what's your take on the philips sound bar?

Offline piggyback

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Apr 26, 2009 at 10:41 PM »
has anyone tried using a 1 piece surround bar as their center speakers for their 7.1 setup?

what are the pros and cons in doing this?

sorry in advance for being a noob :)

Offline Tonteng

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2009 at 12:34 PM »
I dont know anything about speakers but Im not a big fan of the  speaker bar.. maganda lang sya tignan pero pinepeke mo lang sarili mo sa surrounds :-[
one upgrade at a time

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009 at 06:25 PM »
the polk audio surroundbars are actually pretty good. it won't beat a real 5.1 system but it's not a bad compromise.  i've had clients who auditioned this and they were pretty impressed saying they can hear the sounds coming from the left and right and back of the room as well.  :) send me a pm if anyone wants to check it out. :)

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Jun 13, 2009 at 09:41 PM »
the polk audio surroundbars are actually pretty good. it won't beat a real 5.1 system but it's not a bad compromise.  i've had clients who auditioned this and they were pretty impressed saying they can hear the sounds coming from the left and right and back of the room as well.  :) send me a pm if anyone wants to check it out. :)

Is this true for all 5.1 systems including HTIB?  The advantage of using a sound bar is not only for dvd's/blu-rays but also for normal TV watching.  Lets face it, flat panel audio is usually to weak especially if connecting from an source using RCA stereo or ordinary TV watching.  The sound bar solves this problem. 

It is probably true that real 5.1 systems are better but will HTIBs also be better?  HTIBs are usually valued at 10-20k with the DVD player.  Soundbars are usually upwards of 15k with or without any kind of player.  Can a good sound bar compete with an HTIB?

Aside from Polk, what are the other sound bars that are available locally at this point in time, and at what price range?

Hope anyone can shed some information on this. 

Offline salamangkero

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jul 15, 2009 at 06:48 PM »
i am ordering a zvox mini from a friend coming home from the u.s.

i will try it out and give some feedback for anyone interested. should be here sometime middle of august

thanks

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jul 16, 2009 at 08:37 AM »
The Polk Audio surroundBar is the best sound Bar in the market. Check out Sights and Sound and Acustic Dimension, they have all the models on display and will be happy to do an audition for you.

Offline deeham

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jul 16, 2009 at 11:02 PM »
hi guys..would you happen to know kung ilalabas ba ito sa pinas (or at least pwede thru order sa mga dealer):

http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4171786&Sku=Y23-6016

tagal ko na ito tinitignan, ok naman daw yung sounds niya, crisp din, but being a soundbar, doesn't do surround as good as the real thing(s)..

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jul 17, 2009 at 12:17 AM »
hi guys..would you happen to know kung ilalabas ba ito sa pinas (or at least pwede thru order sa mga dealer):

http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4171786&Sku=Y23-6016

tagal ko na ito tinitignan, ok naman daw yung sounds niya, crisp din, but being a soundbar, doesn't do surround as good as the real thing(s)..

If you are on a budget, but want to get a decent Sound Bar. Why don't you consider the Polk Audio SurroundBar Instant Home theater. Go do a demo at sights and sound or architectural audio, they have all the different model surroundbars on display

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #47 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 10:02 AM »
question re soundbars.. do these have their own powered amp? i mean.. no need for avr?

whats the recommendation for a loud yet crisp soundbar with its own built in amp? ikakabit ko sa na sa LCD/plasma monitor that doesnt have a built in speaker.

Offline Beefy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 10:25 AM »
The Polk soundbar 360 and instant home theater don't need an external amp

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #49 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 11:53 AM »
polk instant HT sounds good..

any other reco?

available kaya san?

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 03:11 PM »
question re soundbars.. do these have their own powered amp? i mean.. no need for avr?

whats the recommendation for a loud yet crisp soundbar with its own built in amp? ikakabit ko sa na sa LCD/plasma monitor that doesnt have a built in speaker.

I suggest either the Polk Audio SurroundBar 360 or the Polk Audio SurroundBar Instant Home Theater.

1) SurroundBar 360

Comes with a built in receiver, upscalling DVD player and 5 channel surroundbar. You don't even need a sub, as the surroundbar generates a lot of bass. Retail price is less then P80,000

2) SurroundBar Instant Home Theater

Comes with a built in amplifer and a wireless sub. You don't need a receiver. Retail price is less then P33,000

All the reputable AV stores have the surroundbar in stock. Go for an audition

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #51 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 07:54 AM »
I suggest either the Polk Audio SurroundBar 360 or the Polk Audio SurroundBar Instant Home Theater.

1) SurroundBar 360

Comes with a built in receiver, upscalling DVD player and 5 channel surroundbar. You don't even need a sub, as the surroundbar generates a lot of bass. Retail price is less then P80,000

2) SurroundBar Instant Home Theater

Comes with a built in amplifer and a wireless sub. You don't need a receiver. Retail price is less then P33,000

All the reputable AV stores have the surroundbar in stock. Go for an audition

surroundbar 360 is another breakthrough technology for me
i think its ideal for limited living room space such as condo living room
pero syempre iba parin yung discrete sound :)

but still this an awesome product ;)

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Aug 09, 2009 at 03:16 AM »
I'm thinking of improving the sound that comes out of our 32-inch LCD in the bedroom and I dont want to deal with the cost & complexity of a 5.1 receiver, 5 speakers, wires, IC, etc........and a soundbar with a wireless sub does seem an enticing solution.

........however, if these systems range in the 30k+, it'll more than the cost of the LCD itself. Is there anything cheaper out there? Maybe in the vicinity of 15-20k?

Offline borly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • pinoyDVD
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Aug 15, 2009 at 07:47 PM »
was hoping for Sony Philippines to bring in the HT-CT100.  great reviews from most of the sites i've visited.  the price is easy on the wallet as well.

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Aug 15, 2009 at 08:18 PM »
was hoping for Sony Philippines to bring in the HT-CT100.  great reviews from most of the sites i've visited.  the price is easy on the wallet as well.

Hi,
if your looking for an easy on the wallet soundbar, why don't you consider the PolkAudio SurroundBar Instant Home Theater. It comes with a wireless sub.

Offline borly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • pinoyDVD
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Aug 16, 2009 at 09:51 AM »
Hi,
if your looking for an easy on the wallet soundbar, why don't you consider the PolkAudio SurroundBar Instant Home Theater. It comes with a wireless sub.

Hi Sanjay,

The PolkAudio is definitely top notch stuff, but it's a bit out of my budget.  The Sony's SRP is around $245.  Thanks again. :)

Offline berdilotâ„¢

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Aug 19, 2009 at 08:55 AM »
but you can't deny that the polk surround bar is much better than sony's. kaso mahal kasi talaga. :)

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Aug 19, 2009 at 10:42 AM »
I'm thinking of improving the sound that comes out of our 32-inch LCD in the bedroom and I dont want to deal with the cost & complexity of a 5.1 receiver, 5 speakers, wires, IC, etc........and a soundbar with a wireless sub does seem an enticing solution.

........however, if these systems range in the 30k+, it'll more than the cost of the LCD itself. Is there anything cheaper out there? Maybe in the vicinity of 15-20k?

I think most economical is to get those computer speaker type systems wherein the sub's amp powers the fronts.  Definitely louder than the integrated LCD speakers.  You could also get an HTIB and plug the TV audio out to the auxiliary input of the HTIB.  

Was also considering going the soundbar route pero ang mahal.  I ended up investing in a full set-up na lang.  Halos same price lumabas.  We also don't have an option of having it shipped from the US, where its cheaper since soundbars are huge and mapapamahal ka talaga sa shipment.
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2009 at 10:43 AM by dips15 »

Offline Lancito

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #58 on: Aug 19, 2009 at 10:49 AM »
I also like sound bars from Yamaha and Mirage.

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Aug 19, 2009 at 11:14 AM »
I think most economical is to get those computer speaker type systems wherein the sub's amp powers the fronts.  Definitely louder than the integrated LCD speakers.  You could also get an HTIB and plug the TV audio out to the auxiliary input of the HTIB.  

Was also considering going the soundbar route pero ang mahal.  I ended up investing in a full set-up na lang.  Halos same price lumabas.  We also don't have an option of having it shipped from the US, where its cheaper since soundbars are huge and mapapamahal ka talaga sa shipment.

Thanks sir Dips ;)

I was at Listening InStyle in Festival Mall about 2 weeks ago & I saw that they were selling the Samsung HT-SB1 soundbar for just 6k. I think this comes packaged with a Samsung TV, however  some appliance stores are also selling them separately for about 11-12k.

It fits perfectly under a 42" flat screen, but I guess you could also use it for smaller screens if its on a table top. It has DTS, accepts an optical/toslink input & comes with a remote.

This got me thinking thou - could this be paired with a non-dts media player so it could be used in TVs that doesnt have any AVR/amps?