Author Topic: Soundbar Speakers  (Read 132384 times)

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
Re: Soundbar Speakers
« Reply #420 on: Feb 18, 2018 at 10:16 PM »
Sana may maglabas ng Atmos wireless speakers. Hehe!

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #421 on: Feb 18, 2018 at 10:23 PM »
Sana may maglabas ng Atmos wireless speakers. Hehe!

Kahit wireless need pa din outlet hahaha.

Offline andrewlim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #422 on: Feb 18, 2018 at 10:45 PM »
Thanks for the inputs guys. I decided to go for the Polk magnifi max sr. Just finished setting it up and I'm loving it so far with my limited testing. The wireless capabilities makes the whole setup a breeze and clutter free specially with the SR speakers. Placed them on our nightstands and it's done! You do have to plug the power cords on both of them. This is a huge upgrade from our ancient Logitech z5500 that we use in our bedroom were I had to remove the surround speakers to avoid messy wirings. SQ is really great and immersive. I'm surprised how well the night mode works... With just 1 push of a button it makes the dialogues clear and subtle while lowering the background levels. I can imagine how this will really help with my late night movies while my other half is sleeping. The lights on the soundbar is very subtle and doesn't bother me. ARC works well with the c7p and the Polk. 1 thing I need to get used to is the light notification as this is the only way you would know what's happening with your soundbar.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #423 on: Feb 18, 2018 at 10:50 PM »
Kahit wireless need pa din outlet hahaha.

Yes. Hehe! pero no need to run long speaker wires from receiver.

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #424 on: Feb 18, 2018 at 11:32 PM »
Thanks for the inputs guys. I decided to go for the Polk magnifi max sr. Just finished setting it up and I'm loving it so far with my limited testing. The wireless capabilities makes the whole setup a breeze and clutter free specially with the SR speakers. Placed them on our nightstands and it's done! You do have to plug the power cords on both of them. This is a huge upgrade from our ancient Logitech z5500 that we use in our bedroom were I had to remove the surround speakers to avoid messy wirings. SQ is really great and immersive. I'm surprised how well the night mode works... With just 1 push of a button it makes the dialogues clear and subtle while lowering the background levels. I can imagine how this will really help with my late night movies while my other half is sleeping. The lights on the soundbar is very subtle and doesn't bother me. ARC works well with the c7p and the Polk. 1 thing I need to get used to is the light notification as this is the only way you would know what's happening with your soundbar.

magkano score mo sir?

Offline andrewlim

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #425 on: Feb 19, 2018 at 07:31 AM »
magkano score mo sir?
43k 12months

Offline andrewlim

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #426 on: Feb 19, 2018 at 10:48 AM »
Anyone with Polk magnifi max know how to set the default volume when changing HDMI source? Mine sometimes turns volume way too loud when switching source. Very annoying.

Offline accastil

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #427 on: Mar 05, 2018 at 10:30 AM »
heard polk magnifi max sr kahapon and i think it can beat most systems with avr....any other option i have for soundbars at par with it?
im allan - 09178087173

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #428 on: Mar 05, 2018 at 10:36 AM »
^ bro at that pricepoint sadly wala. Its better than the bose soundbar na install ko at 155t

Magnifi mini na din suggest ko for multiroom music vs inceiling speakers. All you need is google play to chain them together. Mas mura pa.

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #429 on: Mar 06, 2018 at 12:34 AM »
has anybody compared 1st hand the lg sj6, sony ht st9, and the magnifi max sr in terms of sq? Thoughts pls. Tnx
im allan - 09178087173

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #430 on: Mar 06, 2018 at 01:31 AM »
has anybody compared 1st hand the lg sj6, sony ht st9, and the magnifi max sr in terms of sq? Thoughts pls. Tnx

problem with Sony, LG, and even Samsung is that they do not have a good listening area setup on the appliance stores ... normally it's noisy and area is too open, no way to audition properly
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: Mar 06, 2018 at 03:35 AM »

several times ko na narinig ang polk and kung icompare mo sya sa mga sony, LG and sammy standout sya sakin. or siguro lang kasi lahat ng mga well known brands nasa mall lang ang listening. tama sabi ni raptor wala sila listening room.

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #432 on: Mar 06, 2018 at 08:29 AM »

You could be the first. Balitaan mo na lang kami. most soundbars kinda sound the same kaya pag naiiba ka narinig then saka mo mapapansin.

I am not saying bose is not good, in fact it is so good that the surround effects for side and rear sureounda is really there kahit na soundbar lang sya, pero at 155t hirap lunukin

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #433 on: Mar 06, 2018 at 02:48 PM »

Sir the LG sj6 is only 2.1 soundbar meaning it can only deliver stereo channel. No surrounds or virtual surrounds so it might not be a good comparison.

The Sony HT st9 on the other hand simulates via virtual surround unlike the Magnifi SR which has surround speakers. Both has ARC however the Polk Magnifi SR has 3 HDMI inputs (plus digital and analog inputs) making it more versatile. Both can decode DTS and Dolby which is mainstream formats. The Sony can decode the DTS Tru HD and Dolby Master but the difference remains to be auditioned. I'm not sure if those small drivers can realistically reproduce the difference especially in movies. I'm not sure if Magnifi SR has an upcoming Tru HD and Master audio update. I heard there is one upcoming.

The deal breaker for me when i got my Magnifi SR are the physical surround speakers and multiple inputs. The ease of syncing the surrounds was just a bonus. No need to lay out speaker wires going to the surrounds and sub.

Size wise they are basically the same.

Offline accastil

• DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
« Reply #434 on: Mar 06, 2018 at 03:24 PM »
for 50k budget, small room, ht use, surround sound, any better option than max sr?
im allan - 09178087173

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
Soundbar Speakers
« Reply #435 on: Mar 06, 2018 at 04:27 PM »
for 50k budget, small room, ht use, surround sound, any better option than max sr?

2 years ago I used to own the Sony ST9 then I sold it because I was supposed to upgrade sa Yamaha YSP-5600 (Php 84,000) but it never happened due to budget constraints... Fast forward to Dec. 2017, I attended the Annual HiFi Show in Dusit and there I was able to audition the Polk Audio Magnifi Max SR... and I will buy the set this month... >:D
I was also quite impressed with the new Sony Ht-ST5000 but with the price of Php 70K I would rather get the Polk ;)

I think your other option that could rival the SQ of the Magnifi Max is the Focal Dimension Soundbar at around Php 55K to 60K without subwoofer and the Yamaha YSP-5600 at around Php 84K without subwoofer

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #436 on: Mar 06, 2018 at 05:26 PM »
You could try getting htib na lang or sony bd system what my kids are using. 5.1ch with an/fm bd/dvd/cd player pa. Pwede na din but i stil like the sound of the polk magnifi max sr

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #437 on: Mar 06, 2018 at 07:36 PM »
2 years ago I used to own the Sony ST9 then I sold it because I was supposed to upgrade sa Yamaha YSP-5600 (Php 84,000) but it never happened due to budget constraints... Fast forward to Dec. 2017, I attended the Annual HiFi Show in Dusit and there I was able to audition the Polk Audio Magnifi Max SR... and I will buy the set this month... >:D
I was also quite impressed with the new Sony Ht-ST5000 but with the price of Php 70K I would rather get the Polk ;)

I think your other option that could rival the SQ of the Magnifi Max is the Focal Dimension Soundbar at around Php 55K to 60K without subwoofer and the Yamaha YSP-5600 at around Php 84K without subwoofer
Maganda din yun "small" satellite speakers ng Golden Ear. Hindi ko lang afford talaga.

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #438 on: Mar 06, 2018 at 08:00 PM »
Another great contender is the deftech soundbar with surrounds din. Pang laban sa bose

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #439 on: Mar 06, 2018 at 10:03 PM »
Supersat pala yun Golden Ear satellites".

https://www.goldenear.com/products/supersat-series

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #440 on: Mar 06, 2018 at 10:51 PM »

pag small room go with the max.. very compact but powerful

Offline sidewinder

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #441 on: Mar 11, 2018 at 03:01 PM »
guys any suggestions san pa may stock ng sony st9? wala na ako makita... baka may suggestions kayo, thanks! or anything similar...
If not st9, any suggestions for a 25k soundbar in a small room? thanks in advance :)

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #442 on: Mar 11, 2018 at 03:34 PM »
guys any suggestions san pa may stock ng sony st9? wala na ako makita... baka may suggestions kayo, thanks! or anything similar...
If not st9, any suggestions for a 25k soundbar in a small room? thanks in advance :)

ask mo si bro ricky.. polk magnifi mini

Offline sidewinder

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #443 on: Mar 11, 2018 at 03:42 PM »
^is it really that good bro? i called polkl audio phils nga kaso sa moa pa pala ung showroom hehe medyo tempted to get one today... sayang nga yung st9, may mga new models na kasi sony wala na old stocks

Online jas

• Trade Count: (+427)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1245
« Reply #444 on: Mar 11, 2018 at 04:37 PM »
^  Polk Audio Magnify Mini review.....

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,216457.0.html

Offline sidewinder

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #445 on: Mar 11, 2018 at 04:57 PM »
^thanks bro just finished reading it thanks :)
If the st9 is same price as mini which is a better buy? Sorry really new at this soundbar thing, old school pa yung last kong HT setup a 5.1 with whatfedae 9.1 pa hehe
I also read the st9 passthrough is 4k but not hdr, will that have an effect if i’m using an apple tv 4k and netflix 4k on the sony android tv? Thanks in advance :)

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
« Reply #446 on: Mar 11, 2018 at 06:24 PM »
MAGNIFY MINI to go Bro, no looking back! (parang Jack Reacher ;D) , Although never tried the ST-9s but Im sure POLK is hard to beat for a footprint size w/ a GODZILLA size room filling sound.

pag small room go with the max.. very compact but powerful

OverKill.

SMALL ROOMS- Mini
LARGE area- MAX
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #447 on: Mar 11, 2018 at 07:10 PM »
^thanks bro just finished reading it thanks :)
If the st9 is same price as mini which is a better buy? Sorry really new at this soundbar thing, old school pa yung last kong HT setup a 5.1 with whatfedae 9.1 pa hehe
I also read the st9 passthrough is 4k but not hdr, will that have an effect if i’m using an apple tv 4k and netflix 4k on the sony android tv? Thanks in advance :)

Parang doble ata ang price ng ST9 sa mini. Can anybody compare the prices? Nasa P56k sa Lazada.

Offline JeromeA

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #448 on: Mar 11, 2018 at 08:01 PM »
^is it really that good bro? i called polkl audio phils nga kaso sa moa pa pala ung showroom hehe medyo tempted to get one today... sayang nga yung st9, may mga new models na kasi sony wala na old stocks

si bro ricky kontakin mo pag polk soundbars...

Offline Philjonc

• Collector
  • I just love music...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #449 on: Mar 11, 2018 at 08:39 PM »
Polk audio sm moa sale mar14-18