Author Topic: NBA 07-08 Season on BTV/ESPNSTAR/CS--PLAY-OFFS NA!!  (Read 67473 times)

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 07-08 Season on BTV/ESPNSTAR/CS--PLAY-OFFS NA!!
« Reply #930 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 12:47 PM »
Allen just blew by sasha in the closing seconds, you should see his face during the timeout.

naiiyak na nga si sasha eh.. i'd give the MVP to Pierce.. Allen has been the most consistent and has held his own against Kobe but Pierce has the biggest impact every game..

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #931 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 12:54 PM »
naiiyak na nga si sasha eh.. i'd give the MVP to Pierce.. Allen has been the most consistent and has held his own against Kobe but Pierce has the biggest impact every game..

Yup I think Pierce will win it too.  Ray Allen might be the most consistent but Pierce has the bigger impact.  Remember he was the one responsible for limiting Kobe throughout the series.

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #932 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 12:56 PM »
I agree with you bored Pierce should be the Finals MVP. You really can't blame Lakers for this Boston really played a great 2nd half offensively and defensively. I considered this the best game this series so far.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #933 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 12:57 PM »
If LA loses on Game 5, do you think Kobe will cry again for a trade?  ;D

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #934 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 12:57 PM »
Downhill na ang Lakers  ;D

This series, yes.   No one has come back from a 3-1 deficit in the Finals.   But they'll be legit contenders for years to come.   Looking at the bright side, at least the young Lakers got a lot of valuable play-off experience.     ;)  This will serve them in the future.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #935 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 12:58 PM »

Only a fool would do that with this current Laker team.    ;)

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #936 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:00 PM »
I agree with you bored Pierce should be the Finals MVP. You really can't blame Lakers for this Boston really played a great 2nd half offensively and defensively. I considered this the best game this series so far.

Boston is really good.   I think assistant coach Tom Thibodeau should get coaching offers from other teams......he is the mastermind in their defensive schemes.   

Offline kristerocky

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • I remember those cheers...
  • Liked:
« Reply #937 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:06 PM »
Only a fool would do that with this current Laker team.    ;)

I agree. Kobe still has 5-6 good years in his career. He can make a run for the championship on these years.
...they still ring in my ears...

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #938 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:08 PM »

This is a good team for years to come.  Inexperience lang talaga by their bench players did them in.  Also they need Bynum.  Winnie Gasol needs to play the 4.  Dun papasa pa pagka-soft niya.  But he can't play the 5 playing like a winnie.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #939 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:08 PM »
Boston is really good.   I think assistant coach Tom Thibodeau should get coaching offers from other teams......he is the mastermind in their defensive schemes.   

yeah, he would have been a perfect fit for Kerr's idea of a coach.. I don't think Kobe would ever ask for a trade again.. he still has Bynum next year.. if Bynum got to play in this series, they wouldn't have had match up problems with Pierce.. they would have been tougher defensively and on the boards.. so I think Kobe will settle for an MVP trophy and an olympic gold.. he'll get the ring next year..

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #940 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:14 PM »
yeah, he would have been a perfect fit for Kerr's idea of a coach.. I don't think Kobe would ever ask for a trade again.. he still has Bynum next year.. if Bynum got to play in this series, they wouldn't have had match up problems with Pierce.. they would have been tougher defensively and on the boards.. so I think Kobe will settle for an MVP trophy and an olympic gold.. he'll get the ring next year..

I look at it this way.....if Bynum was in the NBA draft just this year, he will be the top pick.  Its like the Lakers getting the top pick after playing the Finals.   Thats why Odom looks expendable now.   I dont see him playing SF in a Bynum-Gasol frontcourt.

@Bored,

We're talking off-season na.   Time na ba to move on??  It aint over till the Jello's jiggling in the ref, but it doesnt look good now.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #941 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:19 PM »
I look at it this way.....if Bynum was in the NBA draft just this year, he will be the top pick.  Its like the Lakers getting the top pick after playing the Finals.   Thats why Odom looks expendable now.   I dont see him playing SF in a Bynum-Gasol frontcourt.

@Bored,

We're talking off-season na.   Time na ba to move on??  It aint over till the Jello's jiggling in the ref, but it doesnt look good now.  ;D ;D ;D

a little reverse psychology, maybe?  ;D i'm conceding but deep inside i'm hoping for history in the making.. after all, I did say Games 6 & 7 are not necessary..

I wouldn't trade Odom just yet.. maybe mid-season.. just see how the Bynum-Gasol-Odom would turn out..

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #942 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:28 PM »
Low expectations leading to this season, like what Bro Munskie said earlier (if I'm correct) in this thread, makes a probable LAkers Finals series loss bearable for me. ;D

But still...the series is not over until Boston wins another one....or the LAkers sweep the next three (enter Mission Impossible theme here).

Oh, and my LAkers choked in game 4; no excuse whatsoever.  ;D

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #943 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:33 PM »
Virtually  it's all over for the Lakers pwera na lang talaga kung kabugin yung big 3 ng Celts on their last 3 games which is very impossible.

Lakers should remove Odom in their lineup, I think he is an overrated player.  I just don't believe that they can rely on him night in and night out whatever position he takes.

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #944 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:36 PM »
one to go! that was one hell of a game.

i love the double pump reverse lay-up of ray allen so much.  ;D
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #945 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:37 PM »
Low expectations leading to this season, like what Bro Munskie said earlier (if I'm correct) in this thread, makes a probable LAkers Finals series loss bearable for me. ;D

Just imagine the Lakers if they gave in to Kobe's trade demands  ;)

Basketball gods dont give (Pau, internal improvement) it all in one season.   

Well, the gods is about to give it to the Celts, the Big Three has endured a lot, they deserve it.   For their career, and for playing very well this season.

;)

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #946 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:40 PM »
Well, the gods is about to give it to the Celts, the Big Three has endured a lot, they deserve it.   For their career, and for playing very well this season.

;)

Sana lang huwag naman sumobrang yabang sina Pierce at KG pag nagkataon.  ;D

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #947 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:40 PM »
The Celtics deserve a break after the spate of bad luck that hounded them (Reggie Lewis' death, Rick Pittino, Antoine Walker, Pierce's stabbing etc.) and what fitting way to win another one than against the Lakers. Argh! 3 wins na lang champion na LAkers. Hehehe ;)

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #948 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:41 PM »
I think LA should keep Odom.  When Bynum gets back...no team in the NBA can boast that the Lakers 4th best player or 4th option on offense, is as good as Odom.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #949 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:47 PM »
Lakers should remove Odom in their lineup, I think he is an overrated player.  I just don't believe that they can rely on him night in and night out whatever position he takes.

Inconsistent.   Alanganin talaga sya.   He's versatile yes, but he's not a reliable outside shooter, and he's not reliable as a post-up man too.   So, you dont exactly know what you get from him in a game.  What the Lakers get from him though is rebounding, but with Gasol playing PF next year, playing SF would be a tough proposition for him, especially in today's NBA were small ball rules.

I think LA should keep Odom.  When Bynum gets back...no team in the NBA can boast that the Lakers 4th best player or 4th option on offense, is as good as Odom.

Im ok with it.  If he doesnt demand too much in his contract renewal.   And he agrees to come off the bench.   It will a good three man rotation in the 4 and 5 spot.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #950 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:52 PM »
I think LA needs a more reliable 3.. Radmanovic really isn't.. Ariza can be but more on the defensive side.. Walton's too inconsistent.. if Odom can adjust well playing at 3, LA will be better off keeping him..

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #951 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:54 PM »
The Celtics deserve a break after the spate of bad luck that hounded them (Reggie Lewis' death, Rick Pittino, Antoine Walker, Pierce's stabbing etc.) and what fitting way to win another one than against the Lakers. Argh! 3 wins na lang champion na LAkers. Hehehe ;)

Yan ang mahirap to lower expectations di ba??  Ako nagawa ko, yung mga barkada ko na die-hard Lakers hindi....kasi raw, andito na raw sila.   Baka raw hindi na mangyari ulit. (injuries, bad luck, trades etc)

Feel ko kasi, this Laker season its too good to be true eh.   Everything that has happened to the Lakers so far this season has ups and downs...extreme pa.

1.  Kobe Demand Trade somehow resulted in internal improvement especially Bynum.
2.   Bynum went down, and it triggered the trade for Gasol.
3.  REaching Finals......then probable loss.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 341
« Reply #952 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:59 PM »
I think LA needs a more reliable 3.. Radmanovic really isn't.. Ariza can be but more on the defensive side.. Walton's too inconsistent.. if Odom can adjust well playing at 3, LA will be better off keeping him..

I'm not sure if the numbers will work, but what about Shawn Marion?  Nangangarap lang...  ;D
We deserve better.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #953 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 01:59 PM »
actually I did have low expectations going into this series.. I even just really started following every Laker game this season after they got Pau.. but watching how they finished the regular season and how they played in the playoffs, you can't help but get your hopes up.. they really had a chance.. even after the 1st half of today's game I thought they could actually win this series.. but, crash! damn, celtics!  ;D but it has been a great year for a Laker fan..

Offline d4nu65+3R

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #954 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 02:03 PM »

Thanks for rubbing it in bro.

sorry bro.  just couldnt resist eh, but i admit that was way too LOW. :-[ :D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #955 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 02:04 PM »
I'm not sure if the numbers will work, but what about Shawn Marion?  Nangangarap lang...  ;D

Oh that won't work.  by leaving Phoenix...Marion has proven that it's more important for him to be THE MAN and get paid than staying on a winning environment.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #956 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 02:06 PM »

Theres a $3M difference......Marion for Odom pwede.....they can even throw in Radma/Walton  there.    ;D ;D ;D

Hehehe, napansin ko, parang Laker thread na to.    Thats why lost of people are anti-Lakers.  ;D ;D

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #957 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 02:08 PM »
sorry bro.  just couldnt resist eh, but i admit that was way too LOW. :-[ :D

Im ok now.  I could have just ignored it.  Just frustrated with the loss.   Who wouldnt if yer a Laker fan?    :)

On a sidenote, I told myself right after the loss, that I would go off-line for a while, and just watch movies or play PS3.  BUt PinoyDVD is very good for therapy!!!   See......moving on isnt hard to do  ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Even if it aint a good sports day.  (Tiger shot 1 over in US Open, the Laker loss.........puyat pa)

PAMASAHE NGA MAMAYA  :-*
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2008 at 02:12 PM by Munskie »

Offline dyerds

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #958 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 02:12 PM »
Hehehe, napansin ko, parang Laker thread na to.    Thats why lost of people are anti-Lakers.  ;D ;D

I'm anti-Lakers too but a big fan of basketball.  ;D  :D  :P

Marion for Odom? Baka marami na naman mag-react nyan katulad ng Gasol trade. I don't think it will happen kaya nga na-trade si Odom from Miami to Lakers because they don't beleive in him. Besides, Marion is wayyyy far better than Odom in terms of basketball skills.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #959 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 02:13 PM »
yeah, i agree Marion prefers to be the main man on his team and get paid big bucks than win a championship.. looking at the free agent pool, only Jamison and Arenas are the big names.. they would probably resign with the Wizards..

one thing I like about Odom though is that he has no attitude problems.. he'll accept whatever you ask of him, he just doesn't deliver often.. in a team with Kobe in the line-up, having a player like Marion wouldn't be good..
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2008 at 02:16 PM by boredfilmmaker »