High-Def > Blu-ray Content

Help on Acquiring Blu-Ray Movies in Cebu...

(1/3) > >>

sweetmisery:
I am from Cebu, thus its hard to buy from stores in Manila. Anyone knows any easier way? Like someone there in Manila is selling online?

How about Amazon.com, are there import tax? Or do I have to pay more just to get them from the post office?

Thanks! Appreciate any advice/help.

Marl☆1:

--- Quote from: sweetmisery on Jan 14, 2008 at 10:25 PM ---I am from Cebu, thus its hard to buy from stores in Manila. Anyone knows any easier way? Like someone there in Manila is selling online?

How about Amazon.com, are there import tax? Or do I have to pay more just to get them from the post office?

Thanks! Appreciate any advice/help.

--- End quote ---

Hi bud, there are a couple of PDVD resellers (unfortunately the Marketplace section is currently being tweaked right now), so one 'current' option would be to order on-line.  Best you check out the Online Shopping Section in the DVD Forum.  Just to provide you some quick links and options:

AMAZON

And here are some providers when it comes to shipping it to the Phils:
JOHNNY AIR CARGO (JAC)
myUSAmailbox

Order now bro, there's a current 50% off deal being implemented by Amazon:  http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=65724.msg772395#msg772395

sweetmisery:
OK very helpful!

As of JAC, Ill just tell Amazon to send it to JAC's office, then they send it to me right? How much can I save between Amazon sending straight to the Phils. compared to Amazon -> JAC -> Phils?

THANKS!

Marl☆1:

--- Quote from: sweetmisery on Jan 15, 2008 at 02:15 AM ---OK very helpful!

As of JAC, Ill just tell Amazon to send it to JAC's office, then they send it to me right? How much can I save between Amazon sending straight to the Phils. compared to Amazon -> JAC -> Phils?

THANKS!

--- End quote ---

The process is quite simple - you just have to register with JAC at any of their offices (head office is in Makati) and you're good to go.  They will relay to you the address you should use on your "Shipping Address" when you close a deal with Amazon.  It gets delivered to JAC's US addie, they ship it here and all you have to do is pick it up in your preferred office here and pay the fees.  It's about $6 / lb plus 5$ handling fee + VAT.

Suffice it to say, per the testimonials on the JAC thread, they have reaped substantial savings net net when coursing their orders via JAC for their discs (vs. getting it straight from Amazon).  For big items it would vary though.  Best you browse through the JAC thread, am sure you'll learn a lot from our colleagues which would give you more confidence in the system and how things work. 

sweetmisery:
MANY THANKS AGAIN!

As of the online shopping in this site, how does it work? Forgive me for asking a lot. I clicked on pinoydvd.biz, and as you said, its down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version