Author Topic: LG 32" Plasma  (Read 129223 times)

Offline jigsaw23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LG 32" Plasma
« Reply #1020 on: Feb 04, 2010 at 02:26 PM »
LG Technicians just checked my unit yesterday.  Initial diagnosis was the power supply board.  They detached the board and brought it to their lab for checks.  If it can be repaired, the tech said it will cost not more than P5k but probably it will cost less than P2k.  But if it cannot be salvaged, the whole board will cost me P15k to replace.  If that's the case, I guess I can live with the inconvenience of turning it on in the morning and just purchase a new one.  Just a few more thousands added to the 15k is enough to give me a decent LCD TV.

Will update you guys as soon as they call today.  I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

LG Service Center texted me today and the total cost of repair plus labor is P4200.

Offline cnn

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #1021 on: Mar 14, 2010 at 07:59 PM »
hello PDVD... musta na mga orginal 32 LG plasma owners.... mines still running strong at 1 year 9 months... lapit na mag 2 years... ready for an upgrade??? :)

Offline TeddyCuds

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #1022 on: Mar 14, 2010 at 08:50 PM »
still running strong 1 yr and 6 months! itching for an upgrade though 42 incher naman. hehe but so far still so satisfied with the unit and its performance. great unit!

Offline Zenki

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1023 on: Mar 30, 2010 at 06:32 PM »
mine too has no picture and with hissing sound at the back. reported it to LG. bought mine july 2008.

Offline Zenki

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1024 on: Apr 10, 2010 at 04:37 PM »
mine too has no picture and with hissing sound at the back. reported it to LG. bought mine july 2008.

LG came today and diagnosed that the video board is the problem. It cost 7000 + 12% vat + 820 labor = P8650. They don't repair video board.

Ok na kaya ito?
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2010 at 04:45 PM by Zenki »

Offline Zenki

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1025 on: Apr 11, 2010 at 06:19 PM »
The y-board was replaced but still no video and still with hissing sound. When they removed the connection from the power supply to the y-board, there is no hissing sound. They connect it again and removed the connection of the y-board to the main board, there is no hissing sound. LG will try to order the main board from sing or korea and it will take a month.

Hope someone can tell me what really is the problem.

Thanks

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #1026 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 01:16 PM »
The y-board was replaced but still no video and still with hissing sound. When they removed the connection from the power supply to the y-board, there is no hissing sound. They connect it again and removed the connection of the y-board to the main board, there is no hissing sound. LG will try to order the main board from sing or korea and it will take a month.

Hope someone can tell me what really is the problem.

Thanks
what if the board they replaced was not the problem, will you get a refund? 
ninjababez online ..

Offline Zenki

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1027 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 01:21 PM »
what if the board they replaced was not the problem, will you get a refund?  

if the main board is not the problem, it will become their stock according to them. haven't paid anything yet, checkup and labor.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010 at 09:05 PM by Zenki »

Offline Zenki

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1028 on: May 17, 2010 at 08:33 PM »
Main board was replaced just now but still the same problem. They pulled-out my unit to check it thoroughly.  :'( :'( :'(

Hoping they can still repair it at low cost....

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1029 on: May 17, 2010 at 08:59 PM »
Main board was replaced just now but still the same problem. They pulled-out my unit to check it thoroughly.  :'( :'( :'(

Hoping they can still repair it at low cost....

Was your unit connected to a voltage regulator?

Offline Zenki

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1030 on: May 17, 2010 at 09:03 PM »
Was your unit connected to a voltage regulator?

Yes.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1031 on: May 19, 2010 at 03:59 AM »
keep us posted bro 
ninjababez online ..

Offline Zenki

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1032 on: May 24, 2010 at 02:00 PM »
After 1 week at LG repair center, they are still not sure if the problem is with the plasma module/screen. Replacing it is like buying a new lcd, 30K. The main board, power supply and y-board were all tested ok.

Goodbye 32PC5RV!!! :'( :'( :'(

Offline cnn

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #1033 on: May 29, 2010 at 09:00 PM »
After 1 week at LG repair center, they are still not sure if the problem is with the plasma module/screen. Replacing it is like buying a new lcd, 30K. The main board, power supply and y-board were all tested ok.

Goodbye 32PC5RV!!! :'( :'( :'(

whoa...  :o  Thats awful... sorry to hear this bad news...

Offline Zenki

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1034 on: May 31, 2010 at 03:19 PM »
LG will return my unit tom. They are still hoping that they can repair my plasma so they ordered the x-board in Korea. Will wait for another 2 weeks before buying a 42" Pana..... i'm still hoping...

from google....

Plasma display device and method for driving the same

European Patent Application EP1780696 Kind Code: A2

A plasma display device includes an X-board, a Y-board, a Z-board, a voltage generator, and a power supply controller. The X-board outputs an address voltage to an address electrode. The Y-board outputs a scan voltage to a scan electrode. A Z-board outputs a sustain voltage to a sustain electrode. A voltage generator generates the address voltage, the scan voltage and the sustain voltage, and provides the address voltage, the scan voltage and the sustain voltage to the X-board, the Y-board and the Z-board, respectively. The power supply controller controls transmission of the address voltage, the scan voltage, and the sustain voltage to provide power to at least one of the X-board, the Y-board and the Z-board at a different time when the display device is initially driven.

Offline Full HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1035 on: Jun 22, 2010 at 02:31 PM »
I have 2 units of 32 LG Plasma(model 32pc5r,bought June 2008) , its almost 2 years, 1 unit when turn on,sometimes image does not appear,only the sound.We have to turn it on and off repeatedly then the picture appears, The other unit exhibit the same problem,but while i was out of the country during the game 7 of BOS-LAL, my son reported he watched the whole game in red color. Last night, i turned on the unit,it is indeed image was all in red,set it to other input, image was blur as in unwatchable, is it worth to repair or just need to accept that after more than a year, this LG's are junk!

*The 2 units were regularly used during night time and weekends for satellite TV viewing only.
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2010 at 02:40 PM by 1080p »

Offline Zenki

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1036 on: Jun 23, 2010 at 01:45 PM »
i will never buy LG plasma/lcd again. they can't even properly diagnose the problem.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1037 on: Jun 26, 2010 at 02:36 AM »
i will never buy LG plasma/lcd again. they can't even properly diagnose the problem.
grabe ang tagal na nito bro ah!
sa mga lcd tv users panay ang puri nila dahil sa home service ng mga working units na firmware update lang naman ang ginagawa, sa repairs pala ibang usapan na.  tsk tsk tsk
ninjababez online ..

Offline ris

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1038 on: Jun 26, 2010 at 03:46 AM »
wow!  buti nalang binasa ko ito.  akala ko puro good reviews ang lg.  hindi pala maganda ang mga plasma ng lg...

Offline Zenki

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1039 on: Jun 26, 2010 at 07:47 AM »
grabe ang tagal na nito bro ah!
sa mga lcd tv users panay ang puri nila dahil sa home service ng mga working units na firmware update lang naman ang ginagawa, sa repairs pala ibang usapan na.  tsk tsk tsk

oo nga e. di nakaya ng technician nila, dinala na sa repair center, di pa rin nagawa nun engr nila. di din alam kung ano sira...

Offline Check

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #1040 on: Jun 26, 2010 at 07:52 AM »
Sir i have the same problem with my unit. Bougth it april '08. Dinala ko sa aking suking technician. may sira daw na part sa power supply. Pinalitan. Yun,Gumana! Try mo pa check sa technician. But that's not the problem with my unit now. :-[ Di ko na sya magamit for cable viewing. Pero thats another story.

Offline Zenki

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1041 on: Jun 26, 2010 at 07:59 AM »
Sir i have the same problem with my unit. Bougth it april '08. Dinala ko sa aking suking technician. may sira daw na part sa power supply. Pinalitan. Yun,Gumana! Try mo pa check sa technician. But that's not the problem with my unit now. :-[ Di ko na sya magamit for cable viewing. Pero thats another story.

pinalitan na buo yun power supply board, wala pa rin.... baka sira din yun bagong board nila....

Offline Full HD 3D

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1042 on: Jun 27, 2010 at 06:24 AM »
Yesterday, LG Technicians came to check my 2 units. 1 unit is junk and the other unit has a defective pair of capacitors on the power supply board. They will make a request for the capacitors yet and replace it once available. Junked unit (DEAD MODULE after less than 2 years)can be use to get parts to supply the other working unit if need be as per technician. WOW!!
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2010 at 01:46 PM by 1080p »

Offline Zenki

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1043 on: Jun 28, 2010 at 03:25 PM »
LG called and advised that the x-board is already available. Scheduled it this wednesday for the replacement.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1044 on: Jun 30, 2010 at 04:24 AM »
LG called and advised that the x-board is already available. Scheduled it this wednesday for the replacement.
any estimates?
ninjababez online ..

Offline Zenki

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1045 on: Jul 01, 2010 at 08:22 AM »
any estimates?

there are 2 x-boards, each costs 4k.

Offline Zenki

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1046 on: Jul 01, 2010 at 08:27 AM »
LG replaced the x-boards yesterday and........ finally diagnosed that it's a DEAD MODULE.... :'(

Can anyone recommend a good technician? Thanks!

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1047 on: Jul 02, 2010 at 11:12 PM »
yan ata madalas masira sa unit, kaya kada repair nila yan unang tinitignan.  about cable tv viewing or unable to use the antenna, kung di talaga nila maayos, try mo bumili ng tv tuner nalang  :-)
ninjababez online ..

Offline Check

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #1048 on: Jul 03, 2010 at 05:30 PM »
Oo nga 'no! Thanks sir! Masubukan nga. ;D

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #1049 on: Jul 18, 2010 at 08:51 PM »
Sakin Buhay pa after 2 years but I need to upgrade to a bigger unit say 42.  Coming from this baby, kakatakot magupgrade kasi di na ako naka sunod sa alin yung pwedeng mag match sa PQ nito. I'm keeping this for our bedroom.....hmmm. what can be a worthy replacement??
ALA EH!!