Author Topic: Philips DVP3126k 576p problems  (Read 844 times)

Offline Phips

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Philips DVP3126k 576p problems
« on: Feb 27, 2008 at 11:49 AM »
Hi Guys,
I bought this cheap but capable player around a month ago with satisfying results playing local region DVDs.
My relatives in Europe sent me some DVDs which are obviously in region 2. The DVDs I eagerly wanted to watch were Matrix and Scarface. Knowing that PAL has a different resolution (720x576) vs NTSC (720x480) I didn't think of it much until I actually started watching the DVDs. All I saw was jaggy lines and no settings on the TV and DVD player I changed did make a difference. Now I'm not so sure if the scaling problem lies with the DVD or my LCD TV (Panasonic TX32LX60), what do you think the problem is or what I should do? Buy a new player with a better scaler? This is a little dilemma since there are some really good titles still on the way and one being "The Bridge on the River Kwai". I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions/comments on this.

Cheers!

Offline Jun_P

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Philips DVP3126k 576p problems
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2008 at 07:03 PM »
How are you connected from dvd player to tv? component, composite? Is your tv capable of displaying PAL format videos?
I used to own a Philips DVP3026 before, connected via component cables to a dual format capable tv (can accept NTSC and PAL). What i did was set the dvd player to output only in NTSC, so even if the DVD i'd play is in PAL format (which the TV would accept anyway but I didn't like the 'flicker' of PAL videos) it would always send it to the TV in NTSC.

Offline Phips

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2008 at 08:31 PM »
How are you connected from dvd player to tv? component, composite? Is your tv capable of displaying PAL format videos?
I used to own a Philips DVP3026 before, connected via component cables to a dual format capable tv (can accept NTSC and PAL). What i did was set the dvd player to output only in NTSC, so even if the DVD i'd play is in PAL format (which the TV would accept anyway but I didn't like the 'flicker' of PAL videos) it would always send it to the TV in NTSC.

The DVDP is connected via component to the A/V receiver and then to the lcd tv, of course also via component.
The TV is multisystem and as per the manual it states that it accepts both ntsc and pal.

Offline Jun_P

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2008 at 11:37 PM »
i would check/do the following:
- check cables
- set dvd player to output only in ntsc
- connect dvd player directly to tv, try both component cables

just my two cents.. good luck and hope your issue gets resolved  :)