Author Topic: battlestar galactica  (Read 1821 times)

Offline FLIM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
battlestar galactica
« on: Mar 05, 2008 at 11:11 PM »
Where can one buy region 3 box sets of Battlestar galactica?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: battlestar galactica
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 12:00 AM »
Locally, I've only seen Season 2 at Astro/Odyssey branches.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline FLIM

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 07:47 PM »
 i have that na. and season 2 is not complete. theres 2.5a.which i cant seem to find

Offline FLIM

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 07:49 PM »
oh and by the way.m talking about the new version.not the 70s tv series

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2008 at 06:01 PM »
The new 4-hour pilot miniseries is now available for 475 at Astrovision.

If you go to Astro V-Mall this weekend, it's 50% off, so 237.50 na lang.

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2008 at 01:44 PM »
I think you're about an hour too long  ;)

When I spoke to one of the salesladies at Astro RP, Manila, even she knew that they were lacking season 1 and all they were selling was a miniseries (which isn't considered a pilot) and season 2. She didn't know anything about a season 2.5, though. Knowing the local distributors, they might think BSG has a "Season 2, Part 2" label, just like with the releases of Entourage.

That is, if they figure out that they're missing half a season.

« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2008 at 01:47 PM by Dan »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2008 at 04:16 PM »
Well, since you're getting all smarty-pants on me, I think I can follow your signature's challenge  ;D:

I think you're about an hour too long  ;)

This originally aired on Sci-Fi on December 8, 2003 8-10PM and December 10, 2003 8-10PM. That's technically a four hour miniseries. Of course you lose time when commercials are removed. So okay, I'll make that "The 3 hour, 3 minute pilot miniseries."

When I spoke to one of the salesladies at Astro RP, Manila, even she knew that they were lacking season 1 and all they were selling was a miniseries (which isn't considered a pilot)

Actually, since it launched the new series, not only do most online sites refer to the miniseries as the pilot, but if you listen to the DVD audio commentary of Season 1, Episode 1 ("33"), Michael Rymer introduces himself as, "I'm Michael Rymer, the director of the pilot and the first episode of the first season of Battlestar Galactica."

If the director considers it a pilot, I do, too.  ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2008 at 04:56 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2008 at 08:42 PM »
Well, since you're getting all smarty-pants on me, I think I can follow your signature's challenge  ;D:

This originally aired on Sci-Fi on December 8, 2003 8-10PM and December 10, 2003 8-10PM. That's technically a four hour miniseries. Of course you lose time when commercials are removed. So okay, I'll make that "The 3 hour, 3 minute pilot miniseries."

Actually, since it launched the new series, not only do most online sites refer to the miniseries as the pilot, but if you listen to the DVD audio commentary of Season 1, Episode 1 ("33"), Michael Rymer introduces himself as, "I'm Michael Rymer, the director of the pilot and the first episode of the first season of Battlestar Galactica."

If the director considers it a pilot, I do, too.  ;D

Jeez, didn't think it would be a big deal to you, bro ;) That's ok.

If you'll listen a bit more on that same commentary for "33", exec. producers David Eick and Ronald Moore continually correct Mr. Rymer saying that this episode was the pilot and the miniseries was just that - a miniseries. Not the pilot.

That's two against one.  ;D To further support that, The BSG miniseries was just planned as a one-shot deal, very much like the upcoming "Caprica" prequel spin-off. Just like what they plan for Caprica, Battlestar Galactica's existence as a series was dependent on audience response.

But hey, if the director says it's the pilot, okaaaay.  ::)

Peace, dude. I really didn't mean to sound all wise-ass  :) I think I just wrote the post all wrong. What I meant was that maybe the distributors thought the miniseries was already the "pilot" for their season 2 box set, given it's over 3 hours long and that's why they skipped season one altogether. Baka akala nila three hours long yung season 1. In no way did I want to challenge you on that.

Well, maybe on the miniseries runtime. Just a little  ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2008 at 08:47 PM by Dan »