Author Topic: Are these recent non-Mainstream titles available locally?  (Read 1953 times)

Offline jayleno

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Id just like to ask wether region 1 versions of the following films can be found/rented in Manila and in what shops:

Amores Perros
Requiem For A Dream
Y Tu Mama Tambien
Baise Moi
Dancer In The Dark
Live Flesh

Though from what ive observed most members resort to Online pruchasing instead of scouting local shops, due to the fact that DVD distribution here is very poor and mediocre. Not that much choice and always full of Hollywood slapstick and crap. One of the recent non mainstream films ive just found at My Ayala.com (other than Kubrick titles which are old classics) was "Funny Games" and also a few weeks ago at a store-"Run Lola Run". So im pinning my chance that at least a few members here might have rented or seen the films above in the city. Thanks in advance.

Offline eckxs

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Collector
  • We run things, things don't run we.
  • Liked:
Re: Are these recent non-Mainstream titles available locally?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2009 at 04:37 PM »
ok. Y Tu Mama Tambien is available here in Manila. but R3 with no features, no subtitles and only has a Dolby Surround Sound. Released by Viva International Pictures. It's available mostly everywhere.

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2009 at 09:31 PM »

Amores Perros
Requiem For A Dream
Y Tu Mama Tambien
Baise Moi
Dancer In The Dark
Live Flesh

Forget about it. You won't see any quality editions of these titles locally. Except for Requiem, I think I saw a a good edition of it recently at Astro. And I'm not familiar with Baise or Live Flesh. Best to just import them. 

Offline eckxs

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Collector
  • We run things, things don't run we.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2009 at 09:55 PM »
Really?! You've seen Requiem?? where? what branch?!