Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica (New Series) R3 Releases  (Read 11452 times)

Offline benoy12

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Not quite, but yes. They want to replicate a "documentary" feel so you'll see some very raw video from film stock. Then again, there are some really high contrast scenes where grain is unavoidable.

Sirs,

Yung Mini series na kasama sa season 1 the same lang ng miniseries na nakahiwalay right? TIA!!!

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
And if you're thinking about buying Razor, please note that it's been announced as included in the Season 4.0 R1 set, so you might end up with a duplicate in the future, if Magna copies the R1 release of 4.0.

Sa January pa ba ang release ng 4.0 sa U.S.? Sa Amazon UK I think they'll be selling season 4.0 already next week  :(

I already have Razor, but it's cool if they're including it in the 4.0 set. January's so far away. It's the wait that kills.

I guess that means Magna won't be releasing Season 4.5, either...  ::)

Definitely!  :D

Sirs,

Yung Mini series na kasama sa season 1 the same lang ng miniseries na nakahiwalay right? TIA!!!

I'm assuming you have the Season 1 set, yes? You should have five discs. The first disc has only the entire 3-hour Miniseries on it titled Battlestar Galactica: Miniseries. This is the exact same miniseries na binebentang nakahiwalay.

Reference ko is my R1 set. I've only seen, but not opened, the local R3 set. If you see the miniseries title in there, that means you don't need to buy the separately sold one. Hope that helps.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
I'm not too sure about the five-disc disc count for the Season One R3, since Magna is notorious for compressing their TV series on DVDs when they release the locally pressed versions. Virtually all of their hour long TV series (Heroes, Las Vegas, House) have one disc less than their R1 counterparts, albeit with intact features. I think Chet's disc count for the local R3 BG sets in an earlier post on this thread also shows the same has been done with this series, on top of the missing 2.5 set.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
I don't get it.  You'd think it would make obviously good business sense to release Season 2.5 here, seeing as that would spur sales of ALL the other season boxed sets.  I mean, if buyers were assured that all the episodes would be released in R3, a lot of folks won't even wait for a sale.  That's just how good this show is, that even the P999 is reasonable for Season 1 and 3.  This show is cetainly not for casual buyers, so I don't think bundling the existing sets together for Christmas is going to fool too many people.  The target audience knows that what we have now is incomplete, so lots of people will opt for the R1 instead. 

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
You have to consider that even bigtime distributors like Magnavision employ people who are stupid. That would be the knee-jerk reaction, by the way. To give them the benefit of the doubt would mean maybe there's something tying up the distribution of season 2.5, so it may not be entirely their fault.

In my personal opinion, it's reason number 1  ;D

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
Maybe they are not fan of the series and doesn't know what 2.5 is about.  Or they think people might not get what 2.5 is, given that few series have split season set (Only Viva who split Grey's Anatomy S2 & S3 into two parts).  But they again, they did Spiderman 2.1, didn't they?
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
And there's a season of Entourage that is split as well, right? Multi-part season DVDs are everywhere for the past few years. How could they not know this? Don't they know what Amazon.com is?

Or "something" is "tying up the distribution of season 2.5," is all. It's not "entirely their fault." ;D  ;D ;D

Offline benoy12

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:

I'm assuming you have the Season 1 set, yes? You should have five discs. The first disc has only the entire 3-hour Miniseries on it titled Battlestar Galactica: Miniseries. This is the exact same miniseries na binebentang nakahiwalay.

Reference ko is my R1 set. I've only seen, but not opened, the local R3 set. If you see the miniseries title in there, that means you don't need to buy the separately sold one. Hope that helps.

I have the region 3 set. 4 discs lang. Sa disc 1 yung miniseries and episode 1. So kinompress nga siguro ng magna. Thanks for the reply.

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
They can just call it "Season Two Part Two!"  :P

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
Come to think of it, Universal (not Magnavision) is at fault for splitting Season 2 into two parts (just like it will do with Season 4).   Problem nga lang, Magna people might not be fan of the series to know that there's a second-part to Season 2.  Personally, I refuse to buy Season 3 because I still haven't watched 2.5.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
Their not being a fan of the series is not an excuse. That's why we brought the missing half season to their attention, but based on the response we apparently got, it seems... they really don't give a flying frak.

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Frak you, Magna!  >:( Because of you I have to spend more money importing the season sets.
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2008 at 12:14 AM by Dan »

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I emailed Magnavision last night and they said that they will release 2.5 by November daw..

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
Good.  Now it time for me to finish up S1 & 2 before then...

Thanks Boredfilmmaker.

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
Great news! Gives me an incentive to buy Season 2!

Offline watson's box

• Collector
  • Liked:
I emailed Magnavision last night and they said that they will release 2.5 by November daw..

oo nga, eto din sabi sa akin nung mga reps when i bought my season 1,2 at 3...dali ilabas nyo na at malapit na ako matapos sa season 2. kakabitin!

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
Well, December na.  Wala pa bang Season 2.5? Drawing lang ba yun?

Offline watson's box

• Collector
  • Liked:
saw season 2.5 today. kaso isa lang ung nakita ko so far. as in 1 pc.

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
Magkano?

Offline watson's box

• Collector
  • Liked:
saw some more today, priced at 850.

Offline imperialcog

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Battlestar Galactica (New Series) R3 Releases
« Reply #50 on: Dec 26, 2008 at 10:03 AM »
How are the BSG Season 2.5 DVDs labeled? I'm just curious... Nakasulat talaga 2.5?

Thanks!

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Dec 26, 2008 at 11:24 AM »
Yes.  2.5 talaga.  It was released as such in R1 yata, so this is not Magnavision's doing unlike Lost 4 or Grey's Anatomy S2, 3 where Viva split the volumes locally eventhough it's one full season sa R1.

Offline watson's box

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 08:52 PM »
any news on when season 4 is comming out locally? i think it's comming out in r1 this month.  :)

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 09:33 PM »
any news on when season 4 is comming out locally? i think it's comming out in r1 this month.  :)

Maybe in a year or so. It hasn't even aired in the U.S. yet. Season 4 is coming out this January 16th.
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2009 at 09:35 PM by Dan »

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 10:15 PM »
Maybe in a year or so. It hasn't even aired in the U.S. yet. Season 4 is coming out this January 16th.
Season 4.0 (The first half of Season 4 is on DVD and out this week in R1 countries).  Season 4.5 (The final half season of the entire series) is the one that coming out on (TV) this January...

My guess for Season 4.0 to hit our shores is March/April 2008...  Just a guess, but given that Battlestar Galactica Series seem to sell well, you can count on it hitting R3...
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2009 at 11:51 PM by techdude »

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jan 13, 2009 at 10:23 PM »
Season 4.0 (The first half of Season 4 is on DVD and out this week in R1 countries).  Season 4.5 (The final half of the entire series) is the one that coming out on (TV) this January...

My guess for Season 4.0 to hit our shores is March/April 2008...  Just a guess, but given that Battlestar Galactica Series seem to sell well, you can count on it hitting R3...

Crap. Onga, noh. Season 4.5 pala ang hindi pa na-air.

Offline imperialcog

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 09:23 AM »
Is the Razor R3 Dvd being sold here the extended uncut version? :)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 10:05 AM »
Is the Razor R3 Dvd being sold here the extended uncut version? :)

It contains both versions

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #58 on: Feb 16, 2009 at 07:35 PM »
Saw Seasons 1, 2, 2.5 and 3 at Astro-Shang. At P850 each. Mura na ba yun? Dunno if I can wait until next sale. Sana malapit na.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2009 at 08:08 AM »
To Magnavision:  Any chance we'd get the complete series boxset like the R1?  And is 4.5 coming soon?