Author Topic: Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition Plus  (Read 3319 times)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition Plus
« on: Mar 16, 2008 at 10:48 PM »
I've been so engrossed with Big Brother 9: Till Death Do Us Part that I didn't even know that PBB was starting up again. It apparently launches on Easter Sunday at 9PM, but they have a preview show this week, showing the application process and some who made the top 30 but not the final cast.

My favorite quote of the night:

Auditioner: "Paborito ko si Winnie the Pooh, kasi... kasi aso siya."  ???

;D
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2008 at 11:19 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition Plus
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2008 at 10:52 PM »
My favorite quote of the night:

Auditioner: "Paborito ko si Winnie the Pooh, kasi... kasi aso siya."  ???

;D

This ought to be in the Joke thread but then again, it's not a joke."  ;D

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2008 at 12:13 AM »
Bakit ba may "Plus" pang kasama? I asked my mom if she wants to watch the 24/7 feed since she's a huge PBB fan but after the Wendy controversy she's been quite apprehensive about watching the feeds. We'll probably pass on this one and just wait for Season 3 again.

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2008 at 07:20 PM »
Blech. After PBB Season 2, I've had it with PBB and all their mindless vomit-inducing crap.

The "Plus" here probably refers to more housemates, more hours waiting for the live broadcast to sync with the 24/7 feed, more cuts from the 24/7 feed to benefit the primetime telecast, more staged dramas, more song and dance number tasks, and more stupid tasks made to look like charitable work.  :P
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2008 at 01:05 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2008 at 02:30 PM »
Means more housemates are coming in place of any housemate who backs out from the house....  ;D  ;D expect the unexpected....  ::)  ::)
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2008 at 01:41 AM »
Saw the pilot episode. Blech! Just more of the same. Irritating name labels, crooked-tongue half-breeds, rebellious-teens-out-to-prove-themselves-to-the-world, potential secret housemates, early favorites,  stupid-tasks-cum-charitable-acts, same old same old.

The producers are also trying to boost interest from the A-B classes by pitting an Atenista vs. a Lasalista high school boy. The "competition" was so blatant that aside from having these two wear respective blue and green jackets and prominently flashing a blue eagle and green archer in the background, the hosts also told these two that they would not only be representing themselves but also their respective Alma Maters in their "fight" inside the house. As if school pride would rest on the hands of these two adolescent boys! This early, the show promises to have an intense showdown between the the two. The producers even made these two the final surprise of the pilot show. Double blech!

They also let in a teen beauty contest winner who is deaf but can read lips and speak normally. It was nice of them to give her an opportunity, but when Big Brother started giving his first instructions, the cameras were cruelly focused on the girl and it was so obvious she didn't get a single word out of it. Is ABS-CBN about to turn this franchise into a freak show? Don't get me wrong ha. I'm not calling the girl a freak. But any show that banks on the amusement of seeing disabled peoples' incapacity or helplessness is a freak show in my book. It's just plain cruel.

As always, the show promises new twists in the coming days. Gee. Yipee.  ::)

« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2008 at 01:51 AM by allanmandy »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2008 at 09:39 AM »
Saw snippets of the show and was totally turned off because this edition is really a blatant Star Magic grooming vehicle. All of the game show/reality elements have been thrown out the door. Never even got to see how they explained the "Plus" addition to the title. Another point of irritation are the titles they give each housemate that, frankly, are quite condescending -- "prisoner's daughter"?! The girl was an over achiever and yet they zero in on the one thing that kind of puts a tarnish on her stellar reputation. I'd love to see them put in contestants like "The Coke Addict", "The Slut from Tondo", or "The Half Breed Psycho".

And of course, in the interest of fairness, they put in the token ugly guy, which is our version of the token black guy in teen movies.

Come to think of it, this train wreck is soo outrageously f*cked up that I just may watch it.
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2008 at 09:43 AM by indie boi »

Offline Jun_P

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2008 at 11:40 PM »

They also let in a teen beauty contest winner who is deaf but can read lips and speak normally. It was nice of them to give her an opportunity, but when Big Brother started giving his first instructions, the cameras were cruelly focused on the girl and it was so obvious she didn't get a single word out of it. Is ABS-CBN about to turn this franchise into a freak show? Don't get me wrong ha. I'm not calling the girl a freak. But any show that banks on the amusement of seeing disabled peoples' incapacity or helplessness is a freak show in my book. It's just plain cruel.

As always, the show promises new twists in the coming days. Gee. Yipee.  ::)

is she partially, or completely deaf? I'm just recalling one housemate from season 2, the german guy where during the first few days everyone thought he didn't know tagalog but to their surprise marunong pala mag tagalog.  ;)

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2008 at 05:07 PM »
I think she’s completely deaf. She needs see lips moving before she can understand what the person is saying.

In fairness, last night’s episode was okay. Big Brother made a special exception for Priscilla (the deaf beauty). He allowed her to see his lips on a tv screen. He said she’s the only housemate he’s ever shown a part of his face. Sometimes the camera cuts to a shot of the tv screen he’s projecting from, but I all I could see was black. Maybe it really is only her that’s allowed to see his lips. He also forbade her to describe what his lips look like.

I only caught their moment for a while, but I think the first task given to the La Salle-Ateneo boys was that they should pretend to be childhood bestfriends. The were give a favorite song to dance with (Quit Playing Games With My Heart) and were made to wear the matching T-shirts. Looks like they were enjoying each other, which is what the show should do, because building up a La Salle–Ateneo rivalry would be totally cliché (we already have the UAAP for that).

I also saw the, uhm, not-so-attractive adolescent boy from Davao. I know many of us want to see more regular Juans and Nenengs in this show, but come on! What purpose is there to include this, uhm, non-teen-star-worthy boy in a houseful of Star-Circle-wannabes, other to point out to people like me the glaring disparity of his physical attributes in Big Brother’s house? I’m actually confused on what to feel about his inclusion in the contest: glad that people like him are finally being given a chance; ashamed at myself for thinking the guy doesn’t belong there; and mad at ABS-CBN for taking advantage of his appearance and making me feel guilty. From what I’ve seen so far, this guy seems to prefer being in the background rather than blending in with the beautiful crowd. I do hope they he has a greater purpose inside the house than just being the ABS-CNS’ pat-on-the-back for letting in a non-attractive person and gaining the public’s acceptance by doing so.

Offline Jun_P

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #9 on: Mar 25, 2008 at 10:09 PM »
saw the segment where the german girl (Valerie?) taught Priscilla to sing a song. ??? Surprisingly, in 2 hours she was able to sing :o
Wow, for a deaf girl she could really carry a tune kahit papano.. Now am seriously doubting that she's completely deaf.. Yes I know it is possible to teach someone with hearing disability how to sing, but i would thik that it will take some time...
Anyway, i don't have anything against Priscilla. In fact i admire her for her courage  :)

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2008 at 12:01 AM »
I think it was Luis who said that Priscilla is not completely deaf. Maybe she can hear faint sounds, because there's no way she could learn to belt out correct tunes if she couldn't hear them.

This edition's turning out to be tolerable so far. The tasks and punishments were appropriate. My only gripe is that the show seems to focus more on just a handful of housemates, Priscilla, the La Salle-Ateneo tandem, the Spanish and Italian guys and Valerie (the German?). Limited exposures on the others.

Offline pinggwams

• Apprentice
  • idol ko c cabugs!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Mar 26, 2008 at 01:30 AM »
a bit disturbing...

during the opening night i saw segments showing that there is a camera inside the shower room.

the cam is directly above the shower head.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Mar 26, 2008 at 07:43 AM »
a bit disturbing...

during the opening night i saw segments showing that there is a camera inside the shower room.

the cam is directly above the shower head.

Actually, it's been there since the first season, and that's standard in almost all Big Brother houses around the world. Particularly in Big Brother houses where the shower door is isolated, it serves as a security measure, to make sure no one offs themselves while pretending to take a shower.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Mar 26, 2008 at 08:33 AM »
The Italian guy is proving to be the comic foil this season. His 500 filipino words were hilarious especially when he came to the word "supot". And when BB asked who's one, he immediately answered, "ako po!" This then led to a series of questions about why he isn't circumcised, all this time the three other guys beside him in the confession room looked sooo uncomfortable. Italian guy did say that he wants to get circumcised or "tule" as he said it. But then he had to say "gusto ko tule t*t* ko".

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Mar 26, 2008 at 09:04 AM »
Oh crap, please tell me they're not going to be doing an on-air circumcision for the sake of ratings.  :-X
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2008 at 09:05 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline voj

• DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Mar 26, 2008 at 09:27 AM »
Oh crap, please tell me they're not going to be doing an on-air circumcision for the sake of ratings.  :-X

wouldn't surprise me.

but more likely circumscision while he's inside the house.  seeing him comically walking in a saya, bow-legged is the height (or depth) of this show's antics to keep viewers watching.

i thank this forum, that i get entertained reading tidbits about it, rather than having to watch any of this nonsense. just my opinion of course.

any show who would ask a recovering alcoholic to drink should be sued and yanked off the air for good.  Again, my opinion.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Mar 26, 2008 at 02:24 PM »
any show who would ask a recovering alcoholic to drink should be sued and yanked off the air for good.  Again, my opinion.

Agreed.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Mar 27, 2008 at 07:52 AM »
Apparently they will. Big Brother is living up to his Orwellian name. Any piece of information you unwittingly offer will definitely be used against you. This was one subject that the writers could've let slide. But no, they have to pounce on it like rabid wolves. I'm pretty sure they're going to put a "being filipino" spin to it just to make it more palatable.

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Apr 10, 2008 at 08:24 PM »
la na ba nanonood nito rito?  ???
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Apr 10, 2008 at 10:40 PM »
Wala.  :o

;D

Offline darkgemini87

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Apr 13, 2008 at 10:16 PM »
I hate PBB they are so concerned with keeping there ratings up that they keep on fooling the viewers...

Offline ESL

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Apr 24, 2008 at 12:36 PM »
The show just got somewhat interesting. I saw the preview of last night's show, and knew I had to watch last night's episode.

There's new confrontation again...this time, involving the "guardians". It's similar to the Maricris-Bea episode. Let's see what happens...

Disclosure: This doesn't mean I'll continue watching PBB.  ;D

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Apr 25, 2008 at 12:17 AM »
This season should have been called Pinoy Big Brother Guardian Edition. The guardians, particularly John, the Spanish father, are so much more entertaining than the teen housemates. John's outbursts (which I think are reasonable) was the reason I regained interest in the show. Unfortunately, his son Kevin, out of frustration with the other housemates, has decided to leave (this Saturday), which means John has to go too.

Now we are left with:

1) Mr. Ambassador of Goodwill, Robi, the sickeningly squeeky-clean, to-good-to-be-true (read: ma-epal) Atenista
2) Ms. Ambassadress of Goodwill, Rhona (ma-epal also)
3) Ms. Irony personified, Beauty (whose face looks like she's always smelling s**t)
4) The two most worthless and irrelevant housemates ever, Jolas and Nan
5) Two mismatched "love teams", Valerie & Ejay and Nicole & Josef
6) Priscilla, the deaf beauty whose relevance is also fading away

« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2008 at 02:42 AM by allanmandy »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Apr 25, 2008 at 01:01 AM »
Just started watching this yesterday, too. Those confrontations with John were great TV moments. Too bad they're going out this saturday. After this, boring na ulit, unless of course, Josef's Tita finally gets a nervous breakdown -- then we're in for a great ride.

Offline ESL

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Apr 25, 2008 at 01:56 PM »
Eps, eps, eps. May pag-asa pa.

I found the Wendy of this season. (so I might watch for a few days na now) Beauty! God, she's so annoying. In last night's show, the HM's had a bull session. Kevin went back to his room crying. Four others followed him trying to console him, giving him hugs and all. Then out of nowhere, Beauty forces her way into the group, saying "excuse me" 10 times, just so SHE can be the one to console Kevin. KSP talaga.

I never knew there was a Jolas there until last night, when he flared up at Kevin's "accusations".

It's looking like PBB is making the rules up as they go along. (So what else is new?)

Offline ESL

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Apr 26, 2008 at 10:45 PM »
Well, John totally redeemed himself, and made Tita Anna look bad.

Upon Kevin and John's exit, Toni asked what they'll do now. John said, "smoke a carton of cigarettes." LOL!!!