Author Topic: Why can't the local suppliers import some titles which they will not release?  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Mandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2002 at 06:05 PM by Vertigo »

Offline dbdbd

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a Steelbook Addict!
  • Liked:
     Local suppliers wont import titles unavailable yet because its is not simple just to import them. Distributors has to pay the rights to distribute each specific film. As I remember video rights are paid individually per format. Dvd, Vhs and Vcd rights are paid seperately. Some rights to distribute per title may range from a few hundred to thaousands of dollars. So if they think a certain title wont make money. They don't import the title.
296 BD's
230 Steelbooks
1 Metalpack

Offline viper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
Check out the threads under DVD Discussion

this one

for the answer to your query.

Offline pumpy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Wholesalers have to buy bulk from publishers, and retailers have to buy wholesale from suppliers. If the demand for these titles is not high, then the retailer loses money.

That's why you won't find a lot of classical music CDs in the Philippines.

Offline johndoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
i agree to pumpy.a lot of soundtracks have not yet been released here..record bars only sell mainstream cd's.. :-[

Offline uebetan12

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
di argument na hindi magiging mabenta ang certain movies kaya di nila ini import..
maraming movies na wala pa sa dvd na mga hit movies at mabenta ang mga dvds nito...
they just dont do their homework. they dont look up the bestselling dvds and box office hits annually from lists and polls..

caligula {1979}!!!
el cid {1961}!!!