Author Topic: DVICO M-7000A My new MKV Player!!  (Read 12006 times)

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
DVICO M-7000A My new MKV Player!!
« on: Apr 26, 2008 at 09:01 PM »
My new player, got it straight from Vietnam. 2 days FEDEX Delivery.

http://www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/boards/PressRelease.aspx?act=RD&itemid=414&pg=

I haven't takened pics yet, but i got myself a seagate 1 Terrabyte SATA II HDD.  With my mkv downloads, i've eaten up 600GBs already.  phew!

:)

mkv files play smoothly, best is it recognizes the digital surround format of the file. HDMI 1.3a like the ps3 delivers smooth 24 bit video on FULL 1080P (even accepts 24hz play). 

I think wala pa nito talaga dito.  I tried villman meron sila yung 5100 SH which is HDMI 1.1.

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
Re: DVICO M-7000A My new MKV Player!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2008 at 09:40 PM »
how much kuha and total landing cost sir? did u get taxed by the customs?

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2008 at 11:24 PM »
got taxed yeah, pumatak na 1,600 pesos ang tax. 
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2008 at 07:11 AM by kobebryant »

Offline john5479

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2008 at 12:37 AM »
Nice player, its nice to know it plays mkvs without hitches 8)

Offline tambutsoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • YO Wazzup :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2008 at 12:42 AM »
got taxed yeah, pumatak na 1,600 pesos ang tax.  Landed cost is almost 20k

very nice player :)

is it 20k for the player alone? or with harddisk?

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2008 at 12:43 AM by tambutsoo »

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2008 at 07:08 AM »
player alone. i got the 1 terrabyte na at villman.  Seagate na 7200rpm yung bagong model.. sata II. medyo napupuno na ng mga mkvs pero im super happy of my purchase coz i can bring the tvix wherever i am knowing that its high definition that i can enjoy

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2008 at 01:31 PM »
To those who are interested in a very good MKV player, I am accepting orders for the TViX 6500A and TViX 7000A.

I personally have a TViX 7000A now which is being used as an mkv player coz my PS3's hard drive is full of vob files already. I am giving away a bonus of 10 Titles per order (copied to the HDD).  For more details, please send me pm. I don't want to be accused again of promoting piracy.

Thanks

btw here are the product links:

http://www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/products/HDM6500A.aspx

thanks again

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Apr 28, 2008 at 03:07 PM »
I am currently enjoying the files downloaded from the internet.  The players play flawless and smooth MKV files with subtitles that can be toggled.

These units both have the capability to send DTS HD and DD+ signals unlike the lower models that tvix has (based on future firmware). Another important feature both these players have is they are HDMI 1.3a and like the PS3, can carry lossless audio and 24 bit video going to an HDMI 1.3 receiver.  Future proof ika nga.

Lastly, will you worry about storage when you can put in 1 terrabyte SATA II HDD @7200 rpm.  Also the GUI is customizable, and you can use icons to represent the titles instead of the usual text forms. Pretty neat uh...

Offline andre

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #8 on: Apr 28, 2008 at 03:43 PM »
Nice Gear, KB.  :)

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: Apr 28, 2008 at 03:47 PM »
For less than 20K, a HTPC P4 C2D with microAtx MoBo,(cheaper with AMD, if you want it very cheap a celeron chipset will do) with a very good video card and Bluray capability in a portable MSI or Shuttle casing is more versatile and can upscale without any difficulty, furthermore, you can get to play High Definition files,and is still portable.

Furthermore, in case of malfunction can easily be repaired. ;)
(Unlike, the HDD players since from it's construction per se, the Hard Disk's proximity to the HDD Mobo will eventually lead to a performance failure, simply due to the heat generated by the HDD...bye bye 20K) :P :'(
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2008 at 03:48 PM by Alfie »

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Apr 28, 2008 at 04:07 PM »
ok

Offline andre

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Apr 28, 2008 at 04:19 PM »
This is why I bought a TVIX instead of of assembling a HTPC.

HTPC aren't cheap, with HDMI & SPDIF capabilty. It's gonna cost you more.
Also HTPC fans are noisy unless have a massive heatsink.
Also HTPC takes several seconds to boot.
And you also need to buy a separate remote control.

With TVIX, its just plug & play right away.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Apr 28, 2008 at 04:29 PM »
well said andre.. :)

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Apr 28, 2008 at 06:17 PM »

Nope....use the DVI, there's a dvi to hdmi adaptor that costs 250 pesos at Electronics boutique.
Furthermore, why use HDMI, when you can upscale via VGA cable, and it's more durable and practical even with 25 meters, still adequate with front projectors.

BTW, the HDD DIVICO costs 20k sans the hard, so probably you'll get a 320Gig right? that's around 4-5K, so it's 24K.....do check out PC express(expensive) and  check out the specs on what a 24K CPU can give you. ;)

Which will still come Cheap, BTW...this is the main advantage of the HTPC since, the cooling system is good, thus, there is stability in video processing: Do try doing  a marathon with your HDD, and you'lll  notice video artifacts and lags after more than 120 hours of use.

Depends on your start up settings. ;D

250 pesos at CDR-KING

As I have posted, it's because of the price of  more than 20 thousand pesos ++ (in fact depending on the Hard Drive, it can go up to 40K) that it loses it's charm, and the practicality of building a good HTPC at 40K is more viable and extremely profitable in the long run.(Just think of the other things you can do with it, like editing your favorite movie etc...which you won't be able to do with your HDD)

I am one of those who immediately bought one of the mini HDD that reads Divx and Vob files,and since I was not satisfied with it, I bought myself a Mediagate (cheaper than 20K..he-he) which can utilize the NTFS format,and can read MKV and Ogg files, it also upscales via component cables at 1080i, however, nowadays it's just gathering dust since, I noticed that it heats up after 90 minutes (am using Seagate 320G IDE) thus, I have to cool it via an electric fan, so I can use it for more than  2-3 hours, which in turn defeats the purpose of a quiet environ, however, with a HTPC, all you have to do is just turn on your aircon, and the cooling system will do it's work, and you can enjoy your movies as long as you can tolerate eyestrain at 1080i. ;)

Anyway, it's different strokes for different folks, I just want to share my experience with the HDD players and the HTPC, if you have 30K to spend then go ahead and get your DVICO M-7000A. ;D

BTW...the impractical thing about HTPCs are:
1)  Power consumption, of course the HDD players have lesser power consumption.
2)  You'll need to buy an OS, where as the HDD players run on Linux(I think)
3)  Once you've learned more about the capabilities of your HTPC, you'lll be using it for more wonderful things like video rendering, and movie editing,and in the end you'll end up watching little of your collection.
4)  The slimmest Shuttle casing is still bulkier than the HDD players.

and lastly, you'll have to eventually be technically adept with your HTPC, since being doing so, will render it a more satisfying work and entertainment appliance,far better than most of the toys you've gathered in you time. ;)
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2008 at 06:24 PM by Alfie »

Offline andre

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Apr 28, 2008 at 06:46 PM »
Movie colors using VGA connection aren't good. I tried this myself already.

PC fans aren't good for watching movies. It ruins a good movie with the noise it creates.

Try to compare booting a HTPC with TVIX or PS3, and you know what I mean "slowwww".

Remote controls comes free with TVIX. No need to spend 250 pesos.

TVIX 4100 at PC Express is at 17T only. That's without the HDD.

TVIX uses only average of 60 watts of power consumption.

I've never used a fan to cool down the TVIX.

... And yeah, I really like to buy the Shuttle Mini PC if the price isn't that expensive.

Enjoy your movies, Cheers.  :)

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Apr 28, 2008 at 08:03 PM »
Movie colors using VGA connection aren't good. I tried this myself already.

Yes....If you don't have a good VGA card and was not able to configure it correctly. ;)

There's also the DVI...far better than the HDMI you should try it...but you should invest in a good video card.

PC fans aren't good for watching movies. It ruins a good movie with the noise it creates.

That is if you don't have a good amplifier, this is also one of the main reason why HDMI is not the suitable connector, since as discussed in another thread, it was mainly utilized to counter piracy,and the only advantage it has is the integrated audio,which you'll not need if you have a good amplifier and adequate room for a home theater.

Try to compare booting a HTPC with TVIX or PS3, and you know what I mean "slowwww".

As I have told you, do check out your PC specs....C2D, Dual Core and the AMD processors, boot a lot faster as long as the startup had been configured.

Remote controls comes free with TVIX. No need to spend 250 pesos.

He-He.....at 17K...ever heard of that China Made remote going kaput.....NOW that's bad. :P
A more than adequate HTPC comes with wireless keyboards and mouse, which for me is far better than a remote control, which can malfunction due to careless handling or a single drop from your armchair.

TVIX 4100 at PC Express is at 17T only. That's without the HDD.

++3-4K for a 320Gig goes for 21K, at 21K you'll have a powerful AMD HTPC

TVIX uses only average of 60 watts of power consumption.

No argument there, if you re-read my post that's one of the disadvantages of the HTPC

I've never used a fan to cool down the TVIX.

Well.....Good luck, if you go on movie marathons (average 3-4 movies) you'll probably kiss your TVIX or Hard Disk Goodbye after 8 months.
Per reports heavy PC usage and gamers usually crash their Hard Disks from 6 months or there after,and that's with a good cooling system and heavy duty Hard Disk drives.

Anyway, I think I have posted all that I can about the intricacies of both the HDD players and HTPC,and this will be my last post on this matter, I just can't help not to answer the last post since most are common misconceptions of individuals who have not owned a respectable HTPC or have minimal experience with the said gadgets. :)

As what I have posted earlier, Different strokes for different folks. ;)

But there are standards,and yes.....primarily, lets just enjoy our movies.
That's the most basic right........... maybe that's all that matters. ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2008 at 08:05 PM by Alfie »

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008 at 10:27 AM »
For less than 20K, a HTPC P4 C2D with microAtx MoBo,(cheaper with AMD, if you want it very cheap a celeron chipset will do) with a very good video card and Bluray capability in a portable MSI or Shuttle casing is more versatile and can upscale without any difficulty, furthermore, you can get to play High Definition files,and is still portable.

Furthermore, in case of malfunction can easily be repaired. ;)
(Unlike, the HDD players since from it's construction per se, the Hard Disk's proximity to the HDD Mobo will eventually lead to a performance failure, simply due to the heat generated by the HDD...bye bye 20K) :P :'(

This is why I bought a TVIX instead of of assembling a HTPC.

With TVIX, its just plug & play right away.

Cheap HTPC
http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=78699.0

Play All kind of movie codec  :)

Offline IceTea

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008 at 04:05 PM »
Hi Kobebryant,

Just curious.  Did you compare it to other media players?  Mediagate, for sample.  I know that there are a lot of models, but I have to assume that somehow you did a near "apple-to-apple" comparison, if you ever did the comparison.  ;D  Thanks.

Offline Jermi

• Collector
  • I'm a llamat!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008 at 02:27 PM »
I am one of those who immediately bought one of the mini HDD that reads Divx and Vob files,and since I was not satisfied with it, I bought myself a Mediagate (cheaper than 20K..he-he) which can utilize the NTFS format,and can read MKV and Ogg files, it also upscales via component cables at 1080i, however, nowadays it's just gathering dust since,

Ano kamo?!  :o

Mediagate can read MKV files?! I have a MG35 eh, am at a loss how to use it to view MKV files, last night I was networking it to my notebook and trying to utilize the computer power of my notebook but utilizing the component output and optical output of the mediagate to play with my Panny 42" and my home theatre. Couldn't get it to work...hmmm...

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008 at 03:18 PM »
Sorry my mistake  :o ....OGM lang pala.  :'(

Forgot that I converted my Violent Cop .mkv to AVI w/ burn in subs via AGK.  ;)

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008 at 09:08 PM »
all mediagate product can't play mkv :(

Offline Jermi

• Collector
  • I'm a llamat!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008 at 12:15 AM »
is it a codec issue or a hardware issue, can't believe in this day and age, we have only one company able to produce stand alone players that can play such a ubiquitous hi-def file. weird.

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008 at 11:26 PM »
hardware issue

Offline warlocksfs

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008 at 09:20 AM »
Can you send details of this

To those who are interested in a very good MKV player, I am accepting orders for the TViX 6500A and TViX 7000A.

I personally have a TViX 7000A now which is being used as an mkv player coz my PS3's hard drive is full of vob files already. I am giving away a bonus of 10 Titles per order (copied to the HDD).  For more details, please send me pm. I don't want to be accused again of promoting piracy.

Thanks

btw here are the product links:

http://www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/products/HDM6500A.aspx

thanks again

Offline ggg

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
My TViX M-7000A arrived today! :)
« Reply #24 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 06:59 PM »
First post.  Been lurking for a while, but the new arrival is too nice, I had to post ;)

Well after months of hemming and hawing over the choice between TViX M-6500/7000 and the NMT Players (Popcorn Hour, iStar HD, etc.)  I finally decided to go with the DVICO TViX M-7000A.  Price-wise, the NMT players were really designed to be cheaper, and they do deliver terrific bang for the buck, with the same Sigma SMP8635 chip. 

The candidates:

http://www.tvix.co.kr/eng/products/HDM7000A.aspx

http://www.popcornhour.com

I was all decided on getting the PCH from the official distributor in Malaysia, who actually offered it at the official SRP, and had options for selling it with 320/500/750gb HDD pre-installed and firmware upgraded.  But I was worried about the lack of a USB slave capability and lack of Dolby Digital/DTS decoding in the PCH.  This would make it useless to bring around (which is not really that big an issue, I guess it depends on the individual buyer).  The lack of USB slave would make it more difficult (for me, I'm sure others will find it easy) to put files in the hard disk.  Plus the lack of SATA hard disk support (strange decision by PCH there).  Also PCH digital audio out is coaxial only, while the TViX models have both coax and optical outs.  (Again, not a big issue).

Anyway since the TViX models available here are the M-4100SH and M-5100SH (which are actually capable of 1080p MKV playing/H.264 decoding, just with a slightly older chipset, I tried to look for an international source.  The cheapest I found in the area was in, as kobebryant said, Vietnam.  I ordered it 2 days ago, and received it today!  I also learned that kobe is selling these at a decent price, I didn't save much from his selling price in his thread  :P  :D

Unboxed it, and it was very well packaged, with all the necessary cables included, including an HDMI cable.  Oh, another reason I looked for the newer model was that it offered HD audio passthrough through HDMI 1.3.  So a bit of future-proofing there.  It has a cylindrical shape, oddly...cute, in brushed aluminum anodized black.  I popped in a 750gb Western Digital SATA HDD full of, er, backups, and closed the lid.

Plugged it into the home theater and threw everything I had at it. 720, 180p mkv files, wmv, avi all played without a hiccup, even .iso dvd backups.  There were files that brought my PC to it's knees (AMD AthlonX2, 2gb RAM, Geforce 7800GT, and they played smooth as silk.  I haven't hooked it up to the network yet, but it is capable of playing files off any PC or NAS in the network.  It has 2 USB host ports in the back, so it can play files off external hard drives, card readers, even USB DVD drives.  Dunno if external Blu-Ray drives will eventually be supported.

With regard to the older TViX models, only the 4100SH and 5100SH are capable fof playing h.264/mkv...but the prices are going down and I've seen them with zero interest plans at Villman...still good options!

This is an interesting comparison, really not that big a difference between the models...

http://desray.dyndns.org/Joomla/index.php/component/content/28?task=view

Anyway, for those who want to play HD files, this is a great time with lots of new products emerging. 

« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2008 at 07:12 PM by ggg »

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
Re: My TViX M-7000A arrived today! :)
« Reply #25 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 07:16 PM »
there's an updated popcorn hour A-110, equipped with 1.3 HDMI, SATA and USB slave

http://www.mpcclub.com/dreamline/prodlaunch.html

Offline ggg

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 07:21 PM »
Hey great!  I can get that to stream to the other room ;)

Offline ert

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jun 07, 2008 at 10:30 AM »
check out this link for popcorn :)

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=80085.0

you can stream it from the other room..

kamusta naman ang tvix? so far so good?

Offline ggg

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jun 07, 2008 at 07:37 PM »
kamusta naman ang tvix? so far so good?

So far so good!  I haven't tried connecting it to the home network yet, too busy enjoying it.  But it hasn't met a file it didn't like :)

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Jun 12, 2008 at 06:41 PM »
I read somewhere that the PQ from this device is better than the PS3 both in HD mkvs and SD upscaling  :o :o :o
I really keen now to get it, i'm just contemplating on the price tag  ;D