Author Topic: DVICO M-7000A My new MKV Player!!  (Read 12008 times)

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: TVIX vs
« Reply #60 on: Jul 11, 2009 at 08:59 AM »
Sirs what's the difference in functions between the 4100/5100 and 6500/7000? Is 4100 better than the other NMT brands in terms of functionality? I've been thinking of getting an egreat vs tvix for my first dip into NMTs. Thanks for the input.

Offline CeeV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 143
« Reply #61 on: Jul 11, 2009 at 06:05 PM »
+1 ako din..pls. Convince us more hehehehe....am inclined na din for the TVIX, pero dapat justified ung price nya against the SYABAS equipped NMT's.   or was it also powered by SYABAS? ???

Offline uvax

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #62 on: Jul 11, 2009 at 06:37 PM »
Sirs what's the difference in functions between the 4100/5100 and 6500/7000? Is 4100 better than the other NMT brands in terms of functionality? I've been thinking of getting an egreat vs tvix for my first dip into NMTs. Thanks for the input.

The main difference between 6500/7000 and 4100/5100 is hdmi 1.3a which means that the 6500/7000 is already capable of HD Audio pass-thru. All the other features are almost identical.

+1 ako din..pls. Convince us more hehehehe....am inclined na din for the TVIX, pero dapat justified ung price nya against the SYABAS equipped NMT's.   or was it also powered by SYABAS? ???

You'll have to make that call for yourself. I'm an early adopter as I got the 4100SH (bought in Singapore)  before all the other NMTs made an appearance here. I haven't seen the issues that are frequently discussed in the Egreat and PCH threads so there's no urge for me to upgrade. Tvix do their own firmware so it's entirely different from SYABAS. One thing you should keep in mind is the absence of a torrent downloader on the Tvix players.

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #63 on: Jul 11, 2009 at 07:12 PM »
How much is it in Singapore anyway?  Sa US internet sites, medyo mahal rin eh.

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #64 on: Jul 11, 2009 at 11:22 PM »
+1 ako din..pls. Convince us more hehehehe....am inclined na din for the TVIX, pero dapat justified ung price nya against the SYABAS equipped NMT's.   or was it also powered by SYABAS? ???

Sir, if you would check the threads, you would notice that none of the TVIX owners is complaining about lack of features or issues with playback, etc...most of the features that are now just becoming available on the other players have been long available on TVIX players - such as DTS downmix, bookmark function, gigabit ethernet connection, etc. ... for the detailed features, you can check the threads on TVIX M6500 and TVIX users.

When I was using a PCH, I was all over the forums (including international sites) always seeking help to resolve issues ... if you want to have a stable system with great features, TVIX is highly recommended ...if you love to regularly post in the forums asking why such thing is not working, asking how to convert your media files to make it work on your NMT, etc ... TVIX is not for you  ;D ;D ;D
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Jul 11, 2009 at 11:26 PM »
How much is it in Singapore anyway?  Sa US internet sites, medyo mahal rin eh.

I was in Singapore last month, price was around S$ 570 for the M6500 ... the M7000 was S$ 670 ... no HDD included, it's really quite pricey ... if you're travelling as tourist, you get an extra tax rebate of around S$ 25

Offline CeeV

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jul 11, 2009 at 11:41 PM »
 ;)..Okei ka tlaga Bro. Raptor...disregarding all the risk of being called a Salesman for the TVIX..lol...yeah i must admit....wla pa ko nakita na complaint or help asking for solutions about TVIX....ang common nakikita ko lang is it's PRICE hehehehe...and its availability here.

So how about the Hard disk I read its not formatted same sa SYABAS equipped NMT's?   Pano ko bibili ng HD na meron na Freebies na "Ehem"?   do i hve to tell them that my unit is TVIX?  Am not really that well versed sa mga PC techies...so the simpler NMT really suits me.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jul 12, 2009 at 12:35 PM »
Recently I just completed my digital setup.  4 TB of NAS 1080p mkvs running over ethernet.  I was surprised to see that my 7000H is GIGABIT READY.  hehehe samantalang ngayon pa lang maglalabas si popcorn ng model na gigabit ready

Offline comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Jul 12, 2009 at 12:43 PM »
Thanks for the inputs sirs! will go for TVIX... ;D ;D

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Jul 12, 2009 at 01:38 PM »
;)..Okei ka tlaga Bro. Raptor...disregarding all the risk of being called a Salesman for the TVIX..lol...yeah i must admit....wla pa ko nakita na complaint or help asking for solutions about TVIX....ang common nakikita ko lang is it's PRICE hehehehe...and its availability here.

So how about the Hard disk I read its not formatted same sa SYABAS equipped NMT's?   Pano ko bibili ng HD na meron na Freebies na "Ehem"?   do i hve to tell them that my unit is TVIX?  Am not really that well versed sa mga PC techies...so the simpler NMT really suits me.

hehe, i'm not a salesman sir ... i'll be pushing for the other brands if i'm a salesman because the price point of TVIX is hard to sell.

the good thing about the TVIX is that the hard disk, including the disk, is formatted as Windows NTFS ...so there's no worries about the formatting ...you can transfer your hard disk from your PC to TVIX flawlessly without changing anything ... you also do not need to install a driver or an application when connecting your TVIX to your PC via USB because it's NTFS format

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Jul 12, 2009 at 01:42 PM »
Recently I just completed my digital setup.  4 TB of NAS 1080p mkvs running over ethernet.  I was surprised to see that my 7000H is GIGABIT READY.  hehehe samantalang ngayon pa lang maglalabas si popcorn ng model na gigabit ready

Same thing here sir ... i was thinkering on my network setup when i saw that the M6500 supports Gigabit Ethernet connection ... fortunately, my Linksys router also supports Gigabit Ethernet, but unfortunately I have to replace my Cat5e cable to Cat6 cable to make it work - so i'm still at 100Mbps setup at the moment, pati kasi PC ko I have to make it Gigabit para faster ang file transfer over the network.

This should really benefit your set since you mentioned that you have a NAS

Offline sphanuel

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Jul 12, 2009 at 05:49 PM »
can TVIX 6500/7000 can play bluray iso with menu and everything?

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Jul 12, 2009 at 09:48 PM »

sir, the DVD rips to ISO formats are playing with the menu's working but i haven't tried bluray ISO ... there's not much bluray ISO's available for download, as those files would be around 25GB+ in size ... i'd be glad to test for you however if you have one

Offline comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Jul 15, 2009 at 03:27 PM »
TVIX 4100/5100s are already out of stock at Villman.. :(
Does anyone know the current price of 6500 in Hong kong?

Offline CeeV

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Jul 16, 2009 at 07:20 PM »
TVIX vs. Kaiboer....hmmmm same processor comments pls.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Jul 16, 2009 at 08:42 PM »
TVIX vs. Kaiboer....hmmmm same processor comments pls.

Most NMT's have the same Syabas processor ... it's the software that is different, TVIX software is proprietary ... the seller of the Kaliboer mentioned that he is loading PCH firmware, hence you get basically the same features as PCH ...another thing is that the Kaliboer does not have a VFD display similar to TVIX - this is very useful when you are only playing music, no need to turn on the tv ... also based on specs, Kaliboer does not natively support DTS downmix on its own firmware

Offline CeeV

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Jul 16, 2009 at 10:49 PM »
bro. Raptor...based on their website dalawa klase pala ng firmware ang mga NMT's ng Kaiboer.

There are 2 types of the firmwares for Kaiboer HD players available --
K100 and K200:  using Syabas NMT firmware, HDMI 1.3ver. 
K009 and K300:  using custom firmware(as our joint project),
K009 and K300 are focus on to provide users the perfect HD playback experience. 

The K009 and K300 have HDMI 1.3ver. CPU: SMP8635 Memory: 256MB DDR Flash: 32MB

It's $280 and $315 and SRP nya...

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Jul 17, 2009 at 10:02 AM »
hi ceev,

yup, i saw it after i posted my reply ... my basis on my initial reply was just the post and link posted by the potential local seller - K100 and K200 lang ... the other models that you mentioned look promising nga, and probably something to look out for

the thing however about the NMT's is that if you would look at the hardware specs, they're almost the same in terms of the processor and other stuff, with the difference mainly on interfaces and casing ....the firmware and the software applications are the major differences ... PCH looks promising because it is supported by a large community - like an opensource community, at this stage though, PCH firmware still needs a lot of patching up but it should be good in the future ....similarly other brands such as Egreat is promising, it seems to be a step ahead of PCH in terms of hardware but a step behind in firmware and software ... TVIX on the other hand uses proprietary firmware but it is more mature and stable having been in the market for quite some time.

if Kaliboer have a stable firmware and software applications, it would be a great option ... best way to know this is to search other forums such as AVSforum for initial impressions or better yet if you can get hold on a demo unit ... if you have not experienced using another NMT however, I would suggest auditioning the current available brands first so you would know what to look for when you test the Kaliboer or TVIX .... in my case, I owned a PCH A100 for 6 months, then I had a chance of testing a TVIX M6500A in one of my trip in Bangkok - after less than an hour of testing, I was totally convinced to buy the product and discard my PCH ...luckily I was enroute to SG after my trip in Bangkok, so I bought my TVIX M6500 in SG at a cheaper price - no regrets in replacing my PCH, even though I have to sell the PCH with HDD at less than half the price after only 6 months of use.

Offline Kaiboerhdph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Jul 17, 2009 at 01:10 PM »
Most NMT's have the same Syabas processor ... it's the software that is different, TVIX software is proprietary ... the seller of the Kaliboer mentioned that he is loading PCH firmware, hence you get basically the same features as PCH ...another thing is that the Kaliboer does not have a VFD display similar to TVIX - this is very useful when you are only playing music, no need to turn on the tv ... also based on specs, Kaliboer does not natively support DTS downmix on its own firmware

Hello Sir Raptor, having read your messages with regards to Kaiboer. We still haven't released any information pertaining to the units that we will be initially offering here in the Philippines. With regards to your comment that "the seller of the Kaliboer mentioned that he is loading PCH firmware", we didnt say anything like that. We will be posting the website here soon and hopefully it will answer all of your questions. Thank you

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Jul 17, 2009 at 04:38 PM »
Hello Sir Raptor, having read your messages with regards to Kaiboer. We still haven't released any information pertaining to the units that we will be initially offering here in the Philippines. With regards to your comment that "the seller of the Kaliboer mentioned that he is loading PCH firmware", we didnt say anything like that. We will be posting the website here soon and hopefully it will answer all of your questions. Thank you

Hi sir, i was basing my comment on another member who posted on yor thread ... it seems that he is also selling ... below is his message -

Which shop is offering? I got K100 w/ PCH-A110 software para may dts decoder.

Check comparison here:
http://www.mpcclub.com/modules/Reviews/reviews/NMT-CLASH.pdf

Offline uvax

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Jul 18, 2009 at 08:16 AM »
There's news of a new Tvix model M-6600 for late August/early September release. This is supposed to be based on an entirely different chip - Realtek RTD1283. I'm curious to see what features it will bring.

Offline JT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Jul 22, 2009 at 05:43 PM »
Hi sir, i was basing my comment on another member who posted on yor thread ... it seems that he is also selling ... below is his message -

Im not selling, but recommending KAIBOER. Im based here in Singapore.

Offline comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Re: My TViX M-7000A arrived today! :)
« Reply #82 on: Aug 09, 2009 at 10:58 AM »
Just a few pictures of the interface...icon mode is great!  Sorry the pictures aren't that great, my fault.  It's much sharper IRL (the interface is already 720p).

The main screen: 

Movie Category folder contents:

Movie Folder contents:

I took some screen shots but they looked like film transfer shots, the pictures (in my camera/hands) were light years away from the PQ on the screen...just look at the Popcorn thread for PQ, pareho lang :) 

Sir can the GUI of 4100 be modified to 6500/7000?

Offline uvax

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Aug 09, 2009 at 04:18 PM »
Sir can the GUI of 4100 be modified to 6500/7000?

No. That's a limitation imposed by the lower Sigma 8634 chip on the 4100

Offline comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Aug 09, 2009 at 04:56 PM »
ok sir thanks

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Aug 16, 2009 at 03:18 PM »

I was able to try this out this afternoon...I downloaded Sharkwater Blu-Ray - around 22GB ...I was able to play it with access to the menus and extras ... so no problem on blu-ray sir, it was not ISO format however
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2009 at 03:56 PM by raptor »

Offline comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Aug 21, 2009 at 03:51 PM »
for those interested in buying a tvix 5100, i saw one remaining unit today at octagon park square. Price is 18500.