Author Topic: US Satellite in the Philippines  (Read 1364 times)

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
US Satellite in the Philippines
« on: Apr 28, 2008 at 06:33 AM »
Question lang sa mga nakakaintindi ng satellite set up/reception.

Will Direct TV work in the Philippines -- given that you get all their paraphernalia (DVR, box etc)?
Is it a simple install or there are a lot of technical procedure to be able to use this -- if it's even possible at all.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
Re: US Satellite in the Philippines
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2008 at 08:23 AM »
not even the huge satellite dish's of destiny or skycable can get those signals. the satellites are focused at a different angle, so it wont reach on this side of the planet. Kahit kasing laki pa ng araneta coliseum ang laki ng satellite dish mo, still wont get it. And even if you do get the signal, their encryption is so good that theres still no known hack for it.
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline viperkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2008 at 03:05 PM »
I don't know. But it could be possible since I remember back in the early days of Yes Cable TV here in Bacolod (before being bought-out by useless Sky Cable), I remember watching ABC's Saturday Morning Cartoons on TV at Saturday Night. So who knows.

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 01:03 PM »
I understand pekpert's point. The Philippines and the US are on the other sides of the world.
So US's satellite will always be on the other side of the globe.
Unless you bounce of the signal off of another satellite...I think.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline DaSilva

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2008 at 04:54 PM »
some folks in manila have hd satellite dish hookups with japanese satellites, and there are several who can help you. start with av driver in shangri-la, but there are others. it's not a simple install, since you'll need to aim the dish, make sure you have compatible hardware, etc.

last time i checked a couple of years ago the setup would cost in the region of 100k, not sure how much now. if you have a neighbor who can share the cost, then you only need one dish.

Offline viper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008 at 05:56 PM »
some folks in manila have hd satellite dish hookups with japanese satellites, and there are several who can help you. start with av driver in shangri-la, but there are others. it's not a simple install, since you'll need to aim the dish, make sure you have compatible hardware, etc.

last time i checked a couple of years ago the setup would cost in the region of 100k, not sure how much now. if you have a neighbor who can share the cost, then you only need one dish.

Still, if the directtv signal or footprint does not include the philippines, you wont get any signal. As for the jap satellites, manila is on the fringe of the japanese footprint hence it is possible to get their signals with the appropriate satellite receiver/decoders.

As for the yes tv reception, noong araw pa iyon when the signals were still available on the satellites servicing this region. Ngayon, encrypted na lahat and you require the corresponding decoders to receive the american shows (if its still available)

Offline triplex

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • +A.M.D.G.+
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 07, 2008 at 10:36 PM »
up ko lang sir, i recently got a satellite dish with cables and amplifier. if i just install this and directly plug into my TV, makuha ko na yun receptions? or do i have to subscribe pa to local satellite providers?

plan oko kasi DIY nalang ako.

Offline viper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 10, 2008 at 12:07 PM »
up ko lang sir, i recently got a satellite dish with cables and amplifier. if i just install this and directly plug into my TV, makuha ko na yun receptions? or do i have to subscribe pa to local satellite providers?

Satellite setup is not as simple as it may seem. There are lots of satellites out there and you must direct your dish to your desired "bird". For each satellite, there is a specific direction and elevation for the satellite dish to be positioned. Mahirap mag trial and error in  satellite dish positioning. If you succeed in getting signals off from one, it is a free satellite television signal and most probably walang kuwenta and in a foreign language. Your best bet is to subscribe to the satellite tv operating in the country which is Dream TV. They will supply the necessary decoder (which decrypts their encrypted signal) and their technician have the appropriate equipment that would direct the satellite antenna properly to the appropriate satellite in space.

Offline alexg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jun 10, 2008 at 03:08 PM »

I hope you did not spend a lot getting the dish and the amplifier.

Even if you can point your dish to a satellite, there are settings on the receivers too. If you don't have the proper hardware, what you will get are free to air channels which usually is no good.

I know some people who can hack Dream TV, but as soon as Dream changes encryption key, then the hackers have to re-program their receivers.

Anyway, good luck to you.
I went fishing the other day, and I caught a BIG ONE!