Author Topic: DVD price drops, blessing or curse?  (Read 8736 times)

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re: DVD price drops, blessing or curse?
« Reply #60 on: Jul 04, 2008 at 12:50 PM »
The problem is, as the prices of legit DVDs go down, so with the sidewalk DVDs. Now you can get sidewalk DVD9s (with bluray or HD dvd marks) for 50 and mind you, these are returnable. ::)
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline kristerocky

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • I remember those cheers...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: Jul 04, 2008 at 01:48 PM »
Blessing, of course..Mas madami nabibiling DVDs, mas madami ginagastos.. ;D
...they still ring in my ears...

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #62 on: Jul 06, 2008 at 08:09 AM »
The problem is, as the prices of legit DVDs go down, so with the sidewalk DVDs. Now you can get sidewalk DVD9s (with bluray or HD dvd marks) for 50 and mind you, these are returnable. ::)

Those DVD9s quality arent bad either but its about time for DVD prices to drop and have the masses feast on them since Bluray copies are already being patronized by the elites even its prices are still high.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline xage

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Aug 04, 2008 at 12:21 AM »
A different story for this Batman: Legacy Set

I bought it about 4-5yrs ago at $20 and after Dark Knight was shown... this boxset now is ranging $75(pre-owned/used) to $140 (new)

Look at ebay & amazon how consumers go drooling getting mint to new condition of this boxset.

[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #64 on: Aug 04, 2008 at 11:02 AM »
A different story for this Batman: Legacy Set

I bought it about 4-5yrs ago at $20 and after Dark Knight was shown... this boxset now is ranging $75(pre-owned/used) to $140 (new)

Look at ebay & amazon how consumers go drooling getting mint to new condition of this boxset.

But why? Are they stupid or crazy or something, when the Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology 1989-1997 set is a much better release?

Ah, I see. Both sets and even most of the old Batman film individual DVDs are currently in short supply in the States (at least on Amazon). No wonder. They're so readily available here and at sale prices, it's hard to imagine anyone would pay that much for them. I guess sellers like to take advantage of obsessive-compulsives who can't wait a few weeks for new supplies from the manufacturer.
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2008 at 11:03 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Aug 04, 2008 at 12:57 PM »
 ;D Not to mention...

This coming December.. WB will possibly release a Blu-Ray set
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #66 on: Aug 04, 2008 at 09:33 PM »
But why? Are they stupid or crazy or something, when the Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology 1989-1997 set is a much better release?

Ah, I see. Both sets and even most of the old Batman film individual DVDs are currently in short supply in the States (at least on Amazon). No wonder. They're so readily available here and at sale prices, it's hard to imagine anyone would pay that much for them. I guess sellers like to take advantage of obsessive-compulsives who can't wait a few weeks for new supplies from the manufacturer.

It's the collector market. It doesn't matter which is better as long as it is a different release (e.g. different color, slightly different packaging, limited supply, etc.). If I'm not mistaken, that's how bad movies recoup their profits, right? Release multiple versions of home releases for the collectors/prospectors?

Personally, I can't imagine anyone finding gold in Batman and Robin. Unless you're into themes or have really young kids.