Author Topic: Smallville  (Read 20922 times)

Offline trekker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Smallville's coming to Studio 23
« Reply #30 on: Sep 19, 2002 at 01:41 PM »
OK, you got me curious. How much is the DVD again and where can Ibuy one? (I can always sell it if I don't like it.)

Hmm... that's strange. I seem to remember giving you a copy of the first 13 episodes of Smallville Season One. Never figured out how to view them?

I did, the first 2 eps anyway, since I'm just not that computer literate. Along with the Enterprise tape. *That* was cool.

I was asking for the DVD because of the commentary that one of the posts here mentioned. Maybe I am dense and old, because I saw nothing homoerotic in the pilot. Lex was just watching out for a very young friend.

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #31 on: Sep 22, 2002 at 02:08 AM »
I dunno if this is connected to anything here, but, I'm watching Conan O'Brien now and he just says in his monolouge that Keanu Reeves will be playing Superman in the upcoming movie.

He adds, "Instead of Kryptonite, Superman can be defeated by REALLY BIG WORDS."

Bwahahahahahahaha  ;D ;D ;D

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #32 on: Sep 22, 2002 at 12:24 PM »
Clark and Lex as gay lovers? Why is it when people see two heterosexual males as very close or good friends they automatically assume they're gay? I guess you're reading to much into it cause you want them to be gay.

Offline Benz

• Collector
  • That's not me! That's our daughter KittyKite :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Sep 22, 2002 at 11:06 PM »
So watch out for the series. ;)  Target audience of Smallville16-24 female.

I love this series... but target audience 16-24? hmm should I be flattered or insulted?  hmm young pa din ako and can relate to the young ones o immature pa ako?

Anyway, I like it so mucn I am actually saving the series and watching it really slowly para di ko muna matapos.

Offline Macross

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Sep 23, 2002 at 12:01 PM »
mmmmm... any idea when will the first season be released on DVD boxed set?

can't wait  ;D

Offline pagan

• Collector
  • grr..arg
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Sep 23, 2002 at 12:19 PM »
Clark and Lex as gay lovers? Why is it when people see two heterosexual males as very close or good friends they automatically assume they're gay? I guess you're reading to much into it cause you want them to be gay.

Actually, they're not lovers, we just get a kick out of the sexual tension between them.  And, we don't think either of them is gay -- if they were, it wouldn't be that much fun to watch.   ;)
Join the Pinoyslayers, the most kick-ass club of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans in the country.

Offline Holly Golightly

• Collector
  • impulsive. compulsive. insane
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Sep 25, 2002 at 08:48 AM »
Pantpantpant Sorry for the late reply.

Do not meddle in the affairs of slashers, for you are cute and look good with other men.

:)

But seriously, it's all in the text. Wait for the premiere. That'll learn ya.

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Sep 25, 2002 at 12:35 PM »
Been watching SV since it premiered last year. I'm dl the season premier as I type this.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #38 on: Sep 25, 2002 at 02:02 PM »
Just finished watching the 2nd Season Premiere.

It's more of the same, but the preview for the second episode looks promising. They better start doing those story arcs soon.

As far as ratings are concerned, the episode was the HIGHEST RATED WB PROGRAM ever:

The Sept. 24 second-season premiere of Smallville gave The WB all-time network record ratings and topped all but NBC for its hour in key demographics, Variety reported. But UPN's new supernatural series Haunted, which debuted opposite Smallville, came out of the gate slowly, the trade paper reported.

Smallville averaged 8.66 million viewers and delivered the best ratings for any WB series on any night in adults 18-34 (5.2/14) and key male demographics, the trade paper reported. It topped its series premiere last fall by 16 percent and placed first or second in its hour in all key under-50 demographics. For the night, The WB led among persons 12-34, the trade paper reported.
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2002 at 01:53 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline pagan

• Collector
  • grr..arg
  • Liked:
The Very Secret Diary of Lex Luthor
« Reply #39 on: Sep 30, 2002 at 05:41 PM »
This is not for the faint of heart...

Courtesy of the Fag Hag Faction of the PinoySlayers, with a nod to Cassie Claire and her secret diaries of the Fellowship

The Very secret Diary of Lex Luthor

Day 5:
Wanted to give Clark token of appreciation for giving me a kiss and, oh, yeah, saving my life. Got him a Porsche in my favorite shape knowing it would express what I could not in words, but Mr.Kent freaked out when he saw it so I got a truck instead; did not want him to think me a pervy Kansas farm boy-fancier.

Day 5[/b], cont:
Gave Clark a truck despite Mr. Kent's frowning, just to give my savior an excuse to visit my room, I mean, home. Conveniently started practicing the fencing (dressed in saucy one-piece fencer's outfit) as he arrived. Ended up almost impaling him with blade.

Freudian slip!

Day 7[/b]
Rescued my beloved, er.. new friend Clark Kent in cornfields today.  Aparently the victim of some kind of pervy SM-bondage sex ritual gone wrong. Took him down because he was too high up for me to .. hold his
hand.  One would've thought he'd be more appreciative, but no, idiot farm boy suddenly runs off in a panic despite my offer to ride him, er.. give him a ride. These farmers are truly strange folk.  Would not even stop to let me put his shirt back on.

Day 10[/b]
Personal cleaning lady Dolores puzzled over finding smelly flannel shirt among my bedclothes.  Would've burned it if I had not come in just in time.  Tried to explain that smelly unwashed shirt was part of scientific experiment and reminded her that I was budding science genius, but she would not buy it.  Maybe because it was same excuse I used when she found those rotting corn cobs in my underwear drawer.

Day 10[/b], cont:
Personal cleaning lady Dolores distraught over finding dainty green necklace under my pillow. Reminded her I was a budding science genius, but now she wants to check my CD collection for Gloria Gaynor.

Curses. It was in the car.

Note to self: Replace "Best of '70s Divas" immediately.

The Secret Diary Of Lana's Boyfriend (whose name I can't remember)

Day 1[/b]:
Never noticed it before, but Clark Kent v v pretty. I think I will strip him and tie him to a block of wood and write obscene things on his chest.

Day 2[/b]:
Got blockhead football buddies to strip and tie up Clark with me. Lana's dainty green necklace much prettier on him.

Day 2[/b] continued
Brought Lana home in the hopes of seeing Clark in his barn.  Am thinking of charging into the barn and showing him a good use for all that hay, but Lex will kill me if I try anything.
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2002 at 08:44 AM by pagan »
Join the Pinoyslayers, the most kick-ass club of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans in the country.

Offline Holly Golightly

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Oct 01, 2002 at 02:14 PM »
Go Fag Hagz! Go Fag Hagz!

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • the noxious in obnoxious
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Oct 02, 2002 at 09:47 AM »
i'm irrepairably damaged.  ;D

<must. wash. brain.>

Offline pagan

• Collector
  • grr..arg
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Oct 02, 2002 at 12:08 PM »
i'm irrepairably damaged.  ;D
<must. wash. brain.>

I dunno about you guys, but I for me, thinking clean, normal thoughts is highly overrated  ;)  And so's therapy  :P

Offline Holly Golightly

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Oct 02, 2002 at 05:30 PM »
Just saw the first 2 eps from the preview copy that we sent out to the press. Pagan, believe it or not, 2 is slashier than ep1. Although ep1 wins the Slashiest Line Award. Lex to Clark in the cornfield: "At least let me give you a ride!"

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Oct 07, 2002 at 02:40 PM »
Pinoy Smallville Mailing List just started recently so...

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Oct 09, 2002 at 03:39 AM »
Would anyone know if the Warner Bro. sale covers the Smallville DVD?

* DViant is hoping it'll be 350 na lang. :)

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Oct 16, 2002 at 10:48 AM »
I've basically seen all season 1 episodes (21 episodes) and the new season 2 episodes (3 episodes so far), and all I can say is this series got me hooked. The writing is just so good, and the actors play their part very well, especially Michael Rosenbaum who plays Lex Luthor.  :) :)

Offline pagan

• Collector
  • grr..arg
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Oct 16, 2002 at 12:04 PM »
The writing is just so good, and the actors play their part very well, especially Michael Rosenbaum who plays Lex Luthor.  :) :)

Oh, yes.  MR is very yummy and talented.  Lex is also quite an intriguing and complex character.

Offline Lex Luthor

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Oct 16, 2002 at 01:11 PM »
Lex is also quite an intriguing and complex character.

Amen!  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Nov 02, 2002 at 12:57 PM »
Smallville's been copying Buffy storylines in the past, but Episode 206: Redux was the worst.

(SPOILER START) New girl in high school needs to kiss boys to suck the youth out of them to keep her own youthful appearance. When unable to kiss one for an extended period, she ages rapidly and disintegrates. (SPOILER END)

I'm just glad they didn't name her "Ampata."
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2002 at 01:06 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline pagan

• Collector
  • grr..arg
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Nov 08, 2002 at 02:30 PM »
Smallville's been copying Buffy storylines in the past, but Episode 206: Redux was the worst.

(SPOILER START) New girl in high school needs to kiss boys to suck the youth out of them to keep her own youthful appearance. When unable to kiss one for an extended period, she ages rapidly and disintegrates. (SPOILER END)

I'm just glad they didn't name her "Ampata."

Haha, it's not just **Inca Mummy Girl ** they ripped off, it was also **The Witch**.  And SV206 wasn't even a good episode.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Nov 08, 2002 at 03:30 PM »
And SV206 wasn't even a good episode.

You said it! No wonder they kept the episode in holding since season one, resulting in only 21 episodes for that season - that number puzzled me, it just seems incomplete for a full season order.

It was very creative dubbing to make it more appropriate for the second season, though, but it still felt wrong, since the relationship between Lana and Clark is very different today than it was last season. Also  Clark distracting Pete before using his special powers...[end spoiler] what for, at this point?
« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2002 at 03:32 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline notaku

• Collector
  • No Life King
  • Liked:
Think Small...-ville!
« Reply #52 on: Dec 18, 2002 at 02:23 AM »
just saw the "Hug" episode of Studio 23's "Smallville"...

-so when is this GREAT show going to get it's own thread on p-dvd?

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
Re:Think Small...-ville!
« Reply #53 on: Dec 18, 2002 at 02:53 AM »
It does have a thread... though no one's posting on it.  ::)

BTW I'd like to plug my friend's Smallville mailing list which can be found at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/the_talon/

This is a new mailing list dedicated to Pinoy fans of the series.

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #54 on: Dec 18, 2002 at 04:30 AM »
maybe because it can't be found?

Offline ßartmaniac

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Don't have a cow, man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Dec 18, 2002 at 07:49 AM »

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Dec 19, 2002 at 06:24 AM »
Ang sipag talaga ni Bart!  ;D

Anyway, I'm really tired of the "Villain of the Week" format of Smallville.  I hope things get better in Season 2.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Dec 19, 2002 at 08:29 AM »
I'm really tired of the "Villain of the Week" format of Smallville.  I hope things get better in Season 2.

As of the first 10 episodes, NO, they don't. Sorry, still "Villain of the Week". But ratings have been great. Looks like this show will be sticking around.

Here's a short EW article about the current season: Click here. WARNING! Lots of spoilers for those only on Season One.

By the way, there are rumors floating around that a DVD of the complete first season will be out on March 18, 2002. I hope these rumors can be confirmed, since I haven't seen such a boxed set listed online anywhere.
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2002 at 08:37 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Dec 22, 2002 at 04:44 AM »
Ah, too bad.  Oh well.  I just wish they'd change the format.  It's ok to retain the "Villain of the Week" format but it would be better if they'd have larger story-arcs in addition to the "Villain of the Week," like what the X-Files did.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Jan 09, 2003 at 08:49 PM »
Something for 70s/80s Trivia/Nostalgia Buffs, from SciFi.Com:

Christopher Reeve Revisits Smallville

Christopher Reeve, star of the original Superman movie, will make a guest appearance on The WB's Superman series, Smallville, on Feb. 25, Variety reported. Reeve, who is reportedly a fan of the show, will play Dr. Swann, a scientist who offers guidance to the young Clark Kent, played by Tom Welling, the trade paper reported.

Reeve, who has been paralyzed from the neck down since a 1995 horseback-riding accident, remains best known for starring in 1978's Superman and its three sequels, the trade paper reported. Smallville producers will shoot the scene with Reeve and Welling at the end of next week in New York, to accommodate Reeve. The Warner Brothers TV/Tollin-Robbins Productions series is normally filmed in Vancouver, B.C.

Smallville executive producer Al Gough told Variety that he and fellow producer Miles Millar have been hoping to bring Reeve onto the show for some time. "When we created the show, Miles and I said the first [Superman] movie was our gold standard," Gough said. "In the back of our heads, we wanted to get Chris to do the show. We discovered he was a big fan of the show."

It looks like a single scene cameo. I was hoping he'd have a scene with Annette O'Toole, Kristin Kreuk and Tom Welling - don't you think it would be fun to have the original Clark Kent/Lana Lang beside their new incarnations?
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2003 at 09:30 PM by Mr. Hankey »