Author Topic: Popcorn Hour A-100  (Read 77582 times)

Offline IceTea

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Popcorn Hour A-100
« Reply #300 on: Aug 29, 2008 at 11:09 PM »
passthrough via hdmi is also possible, if you plug it into your tv and assuming that it cannot decode dts signals, then it won't output sound.  however, if you plug the hdmi cable to a receiver (then to your tv), and assuming that the receiver can decode the audio signal, then sound will be outputted accordingly.

Did you try using L/R RCA for the sound-output source in the case of using HDMI for video-only? There are times that I don't want to use the receiver (when I think the movie is not worth it).  ;D  Thanks again.

Offline gren

• Collector
  • Rawr
  • Liked:
« Reply #301 on: Aug 31, 2008 at 12:35 PM »
energy efficiency aside, one major concern is acceptability with private trackers.    i heard the new client (transmission) is supposed to be better and more acceptable to private trackers.  if this is true, then i'll definitely move back to nmts.

will do a bit of stress testing soon.  hopefully the old issues with torrents being messed up will be solved with this new update.

I believe you misunderstood. NMT is still the most energy effecient between the mentioned devices.  The list goes as....

1) NMTs
2) Laptops/Netbooks
3) PCs

....from most energy efficient down to power hungry devices.

Offline gren

• Collector
  • Rawr
  • Liked:
« Reply #302 on: Aug 31, 2008 at 12:38 PM »
that's what we usually do: hdmi (to dvi) to our monitors, then rca l/r to our small speakers.  if you have dts, no sound will be outputted.

with the egreat eg-31b's dts board installed, sound will be ouputted on dts encoded audio tracks.  however, it ONLY outputs to rca l/r -- spidif still won't output 'analogue' 2-channel pcm.

i'm not sure if the a-110 will output dts decoded audio via rca l/r as the firmware is not out yet. will defintely report once i have info :>

Did you try using L/R RCA for the sound-output source in the case of using HDMI for video-only? There are times that I don't want to use the receiver (when I think the movie is not worth it).  ;D  Thanks again.

Offline leomar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #303 on: Sep 02, 2008 at 08:41 AM »
bwiset, nablock ang PDVD sa office!!!  :'(

anyways, nag-update ako ng FW last night.. nag-improve ung playback nung "bird scene" over SMB, ung stutter ng DTS playback (Hero) ay nawala na... its a big leap update IMO...
astig!

now, i have a 720p of HDsampler with DolbyTHD... as expected when played sa A100, hindi kayang i-out ung sound... A110 can do the job siguro with 875  :o :o pero can it already ouput bitstream with the latest FW?

Offline milken

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: Sep 02, 2008 at 09:05 PM »
Afaik, A110 cannot pass through lossless audio yet. It needs firmware update but hardware ready na sya for bitstreaming.  So maybe in the future, it will be activated. 

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: Sep 04, 2008 at 10:28 AM »

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #306 on: Sep 04, 2008 at 10:54 AM »
nalilito ako, A110 o HDX 1000 http://www.mpcclub.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=663
alin kaya?  ??? ;D

for almost the same price, i like the look of hdx.  ;D

Offline IceTea

• Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: Sep 04, 2008 at 01:08 PM »
No DTS decoder pa rin yata eh ang HDX 1000.  Pass through lang :(

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #308 on: Sep 04, 2008 at 09:25 PM »
HDX it is  ;D ;D
sino may gusto rin neto? hehehe

Offline milken

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: Sep 04, 2008 at 09:43 PM »
grabe wala katapusan paghihintay ito. ang dami bagong NMT players na lumalabas.  popcorn hour, elektron, egreat, hdx..  :D

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #310 on: Sep 04, 2008 at 09:55 PM »
grabe wala katapusan paghihintay ito. ang dami bagong NMT players na lumalabas.  popcorn hour, elektron, egreat, hdx..  :D

hehehe, just get what you think what's the most cost effective for you, because waiting for the ultimate nmt will just result in not getting one at all, with how technology is moving, what you buy today is obsolete by tomorrow anyway.

got my a-100, am very happy with it, may not have dts decoder (just use the avr to decode), does not have usb slave (got myself an external hdd instead, so its basically the anyway). syang ang pag hintay, sayang panonood. goodluck!  ;D

Offline IceTea

• Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 08:16 AM »
HDX it is  ;D ;D
sino may gusto rin neto? hehehe

If ever, where will you get one?  On-line order?  :)

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #312 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 08:46 AM »
No DTS decoder pa rin yata eh ang HDX 1000.  Pass through lang :(

From the HDX website:

We have acquired the necessary license to decode DTS to avoid customers need to have a DTS decoder or convert their .dts movies. This increases the convenience for the customer! (To be added via firmware update in September)
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 09:01 AM »
If ever, where will you get one?  On-line order?  :)

dito po kung sakali  ;D http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=56775.0
kung may market, sana magdala rin ung mga local distro ng NMTs  ;D

Offline IceTea

• Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 09:39 AM »
From the HDX website:

We have acquired the necessary license to decode DTS to avoid customers need to have a DTS decoder or convert their .dts movies. This increases the convenience for the customer! (To be added via firmware update in September)

Saw that too, but from the same web site, there's a confusing note.

http://www.hdx1080.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3&category_id=1&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=115

Audio codecs:
WMA, WMA Pro
AAC
MP1, MP2, MP3
LPCM 5.1/7.1
FLAC
DTS, AC3 (supported via pass through to decoder)

My interpretation of bold section, is that you'll need a receiver.  Am I wrong?  ???

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #315 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 09:51 AM »
Saw that too, but from the same web site, there's a confusing note.

http://www.hdx1080.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3&category_id=1&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=115

Audio codecs:
WMA, WMA Pro
AAC
MP1, MP2, MP3
LPCM 5.1/7.1
FLAC
DTS, AC3 (supported via pass through to decoder)

My interpretation of bold section, is that you'll need a receiver.  Am I wrong?  ???

Maybe supported via passthrough for now  which means you need a receiver to decode DTS.  But once the firmware is released, then the NMT can decode DTS.
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline gren

• Collector
  • Rawr
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 02:00 PM »
yep:
- now = pass through
- soon = decode to 2 channel pcm.

its going to be standard to all nmts i'd think.  just can't confirm anything right now :>

Maybe supported via passthrough for now  which means you need a receiver to decode DTS.  But once the firmware is released, then the NMT can decode DTS.

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 02:04 PM »
I just got an A100, plugged it in my system theu HDMI or component but everytime ne matatapos na yung "popcorn hour loading" hindi dumederetso.  However I got tyhe unit to work for component last night but not for hdmi.  Paano ba yun, he he.  I made it to work for component during unit boot up by pressing TVmode button + 0,1,2 as advised by Ert.

Also, I connected the digital coax out to my Yammy 730 coax in, walang sound?

I have the 32 plasma and the yammy 730 lang, simple.

Any advise on the settings please?

When I shuttle between the settings in audio and video mode kasi tapos nag save ako ng settings na mali, nawawala na naman yung video on all ports and connections.

Unit defect ba kaya to or stupidity on my part.  Kala ko kasi ganun kasimple set-up, he he.

Tnx
ALA EH!!

Offline milken

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 06:02 PM »
hehehe, just get what you think what's the most cost effective for you, because waiting for the ultimate nmt will just result in not getting one at all, with how technology is moving, what you buy today is obsolete by tomorrow anyway.

got my a-100, am very happy with it, may not have dts decoder (just use the avr to decode), does not have usb slave (got myself an external hdd instead, so its basically the anyway). syang ang pag hintay, sayang panonood. goodluck!  ;D

It's nice to hear that you're enjoying your a-100.  I already pre-ordered Egreat 31b.  So far so good until HDX come along!  Well.. come to think of it popcorn hour, egreat, elektron and hdx use the same software from syabas. So what distinguishes one from another is the hardware and design.. As long as it can play HD movies, I'm sure it's good enough.  The rest are just icing in the cake! ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2008 at 06:43 PM by milken »

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 08:59 PM »
It's nice to hear that you're enjoying your a-100.  I already pre-ordered Egreat 31b.  So far so good until HDX come along!  Well.. come to think of it popcorn hour, egreat, elektron and hdx use the same software from syabas. So what distinguishes one from another is the hardware and design.. As long as it can play HD movies, I'm sure it's good enough.  The rest are just icing in the cake! ;D

i am sure you will enjoy your new egreat sir milken.  ;D

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #320 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 11:35 AM »
Has anybody compared the PQ of both the HDMI and component in the A100?  I am asking since di ko pa rin mapagan video out to HDMI and I'm only using component cables. Me handshake issues ba sa particular brand of hdmi cables etong a100? 

Thanks
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2008 at 11:36 AM by CocoBoy »
ALA EH!!

Offline Javoy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 07:58 PM »
Has anybody compared the PQ of both the HDMI and component in the A100?  I am asking since di ko pa rin mapagan video out to HDMI and I'm only using component cables. Me handshake issues ba sa particular brand of hdmi cables etong a100? 

Thanks

Have not really done any comparisons as I am always connected via HDMI.  Are you using the hdmi cable included with the PCH100?  Direct connection ba ang PCH sa TV or does it go through the receiver, if it is thru the receiver, you might want to try to connect it directly to the TV. 

Anyway, there are some discussions over at the PCH-NMT forums, you might be able to check it out.  http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=5337&highlight=hdmi+sync

Offline IceTea

• Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
« Reply #322 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 10:54 PM »
As long as it can play HD movies, I'm sure it's good enough.  The rest are just icing in the cake! ;D

Not to take icings from your cake, but it sadden me to learn that there's no resume function on all Syabas NMTs.  Syabas said they will make this available soon.  That was Nov/Dec 2007.  A lot of people are asking for it, but no clear target-date of availability.  It's like forgetting to put headlights on cars.  Man!  :P
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2008 at 11:02 PM by IceTea »

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #323 on: Sep 09, 2008 at 06:51 PM »
@ leomar

Thanks for your detailed pm. Tried it and I think I'm almost there except for this remaining problem.

How do I get rid of this password problem?

I can't seem to make this work. Pa pm naman kung paano mag network at transfer ng files from my vista laptop to pch.  Tnx
ALA EH!!

Offline danrd

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Do it now while you still can!
  • Liked:
« Reply #324 on: Sep 09, 2008 at 09:29 PM »
I can't seem to make this work. Pa pm naman kung paano mag network at transfer ng files from my vista laptop to pch.  Tnx

Pre try mo tong instruction ni leomar.

1) Punta ka sulit sa setup -> nmt applications -> start mo ung samba at FTP
note1: punta ka sa setup -> network para makuha mo ung ip add ng PCH
note2: dapat pareho ung "workgroup" ng PCH at PC mo, customize mo ung name ng PCH for easier recognition

using FTP: punta ka sa win explorer, type ftp://ftpuser:1234@<ip add ng PCH>

using Samba: with note 2 done, go to PCH setup -> network (?) <basta ung interface na may browse at add option  ;D>. Punta ka sa browse, punta ka sa workgroup na makita mo dun, dapat makita mo sa loob ng wokgroup ung PC name mo. Kapag nakita mo ung pc name mo sa loob ng workgroup na un (connected na sila, ayos na), punta ka sa PC mo, hanapin mo ung windows network sa explorer. May makikita ka dapat na workgroup na andun ung name ng PCH mo. Ung folder niya ay "share" nandoon sa loob ng share ung Photo, Music, Video folders. Try mo ng magtransfer ng files. Small files muna para matest mo pare.

2) setup -> nmt applications start mo ung torrent, hindi ko na ti-nry magdownload kasi may downloader na ako. Punta ka sa page 4 sa thread ng popcorn hour started by Ert may instructions doon.

Update mo ako kapag ayos na  ;D
Para matest mo ung Myihome, maglagay ka na ng files doon sa video folder. astig yan!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline ert

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #325 on: Sep 09, 2008 at 09:56 PM »

natry mo na username: nmt password: 1234

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #326 on: Sep 09, 2008 at 11:25 PM »
Not to take icings from your cake, but it sadden me to learn that there's no resume function on all Syabas NMTs.  Syabas said they will make this available soon.  That was Nov/Dec 2007.  A lot of people are asking for it, but no clear target-date of availability.  It's like forgetting to put headlights on cars.  Man!  :P

well, we have brought into syabas-nmt already, so all we have is to hope that they will do as they promised (i know its been months) but i guess the last few updates are not too shabby at all. especially the last one that really improved the playing of mkv files. i'd take that before the resume function, but yes, the resume function would be an excellent update.  ;D

Offline IceTea

• Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
« Reply #327 on: Sep 10, 2008 at 08:36 AM »
well, we have brought into syabas-nmt already, so all we have is to hope that they will do as they promised (i know its been months) but i guess the last few updates are not too shabby at all. especially the last one that really improved the playing of mkv files. i'd take that before the resume function, but yes, the resume function would be an excellent update.  ;D

Agreed.  Both PCH and Egreat seem to be a great device.  :) The constant firmware upgrade is nice too, but it makes me wonder what's so difficult with this function that it's taking them months for implement.  It is my impression that it should be easier than those they improved already because this resume function has been around since the early years of DVD players.   ???  I guess Syabas has their own priorities.  :P

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #328 on: Sep 10, 2008 at 11:20 AM »
Pre try mo tong instruction ni leomar.

Thanks bro. my unit is acting strangel lately. I have used it for 3 days staright na walang problema. Then my torrent downloads stopped and when I navigated dun sa setup-NMT applications, "stopped" yung status ng torrent.  When I push the start in the remote button, nawawala video then unresponsive na remote.  Same thing happens with the other servers i try to re-start.

Anybody encountering this?

Thanks again dan.
ALA EH!!

Offline danrd

• DVD Guru
  • Do it now while you still can!
  • Liked:
« Reply #329 on: Sep 10, 2008 at 11:43 AM »
Thanks bro. my unit is acting strangel lately. I have used it for 3 days staright na walang problema. Then my torrent downloads stopped and when I navigated dun sa setup-NMT applications, "stopped" yung status ng torrent.  When I push the start in the remote button, nawawala video then unresponsive na remote.  Same thing happens with the other servers i try to re-start.

Anybody encountering this?

Thanks again dan.

Wierd indeed. Have you updated it with the latest firmware? Try mo muna.