Author Topic: Got a Q on Blu ray  (Read 4830 times)

Offline rysanti

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Newbie lang chief!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Got a Q on Blu ray
« on: May 22, 2008 at 10:11 PM »
Whats the significance of Blu ray player/discs? compared to conventional players?  shed a light please!
Work hard, Play hard-er

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
Re: Got a Q on Blu ray
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008 at 10:12 PM »
they're most useful if you have a HDTV.

Offline rysanti

• Apprentice
  • Newbie lang chief!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008 at 10:46 PM »
okay.. if a disc is a blu ray copy can i notice the difference? using conventional dvd players?
Work hard, Play hard-er

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008 at 10:55 PM »
okay.. if a disc is a blu ray copy can i notice the difference? using conventional dvd players?
Bluray and Dvd disc are of the same size but the bluray disc holds up to 6x larger capacity than the Dvd. U can't play bluray disc on a dvd player whereas a bluray player can play dvds. With the new generation HD viewing, video and audio files are uncompressed thus presenting excellent details of pictures in movies and producing 7.1 channels in audio.   
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008 at 11:15 PM »
Here's a link to Blu-ray FAQ

http://www.blu-ray.com/faq/

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 07:44 PM »

Probably you're referring to the proliferation of P*****d discs which have the "bluray" and "hd-dvd" branding on the outer labels / packaging.  Some of these are compressed HD content squeezed into DVD discs.  If you haven't seen a true HD output via a BD disc and player, this would seemingly look like a significant improvement over SD (standard def) quality.  Rest assured however, even if this may have better quality than the usual P*****d DVD quality, its PQ (picture quality) is still so far from the HD content loaded into original BD discs.  You should experience it personally to be 'enlightened.'  It's a definite worthwhile investment if you're serious into HT.

Cheers buddy!  ;)

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 10:10 PM »
You should experience it personally to be 'enlightened.'  It's a definite worthwhile investment if you're serious into HT.

+1 Hooyah to that! ;)

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 10:07 AM »
I'll try to explain his query: Blu-ray Disk are totally different format with the DVD. This is like comparison between the VCD & DVD. Now if you make a copy to make the dvd movie playable to VCD you are downgrading the format to VCD (This was happen before DVD copy playable to VCD). To make it short you are still viewing the VCD capacity. (This is similar to BD copy viewable to DVD)
By Technical comparison you can see the difference:
DVD - Max. 8.54 GB capacity (dual layer)
BD   - Max. 50GB capacity (Dual Layer)

Image quality depends on Pixels only (digital) the higher the pixels the better the quality.while,

Video quality depends on Image Pixels and Frames per second (fps) the more information you can store on the media (disk) the better quality will show.

For better understanding, Marl_1 suggest to experience it personally.

BD is the future! D--N! once you see the difference it's the time to spend your savings
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline Bolshoie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 30, 2008 at 11:13 PM »
Where do you guys pre-order blu-rays here? Ironman is coming sept.30 im not sure if my friend in california can get me one...may store ba dito na updated sila sa release + Im using a US PS3 and im not really sure kung may us region yung local stores like infomaxx and the one in parksquare

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jul 30, 2008 at 11:48 PM »
Many members purchase their BD movies from Amazon. :)

Offline Bolshoie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 31, 2008 at 02:55 PM »
awww so same lang din talaga thru online, thanks....now i need to fatten up my paypal account :)

Offline JAQY888

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's a bright new world ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jul 31, 2008 at 03:08 PM »
Where do you guys pre-order blu-rays here? Ironman is coming sept.30 im not sure if my friend in california can get me one...may store ba dito na updated sila sa release + Im using a US PS3 and im not really sure kung may us region yung local stores like infomaxx and the one in parksquare

local stores do not usually have updated BD titles, especially those titles that are still to be released. As stated by bro Paul (pchin), Amazon will be your best bet.   

BD titles sold at local shops are usually coded for Region A.   

You can check out this link for Region Code Info of BDs ...
http://bluray.liesinc.net/
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2008 at 03:22 PM by JAQY888 »
50pv70;AX200E
NR-808;TX-8555;EX442;SuV85a
Dali-Ikon7;Paradigm-11;SVS-PB12+;B&W
RegaP3;OPPO;CDT15

Offline Bolshoie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Aug 01, 2008 at 01:49 PM »
Thanks  :D nakaka-huh lang yung napagtanongan ko sa infomax kasi tinanong ko yung region ng BD's nila sabi region 2 (huh ulit) so i just assumed PAL(EURO) or something sabi sa akin sir ok naman po yan gagana yan since sa PS3 nyo lalaruin (huh for the third time) anyway kung ibang tao lang siguro nagtanong at binili yung BD's  mafrufrustrate sila...PS3 does not have any region lock for games but for BD movies and DVD's meron.Kaya nga medyo asar ako at wala akong R1 na dvd sa bahay puro R3

Offline JAQY888

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's a bright new world ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Aug 01, 2008 at 02:23 PM »
Thanks  :D nakaka-huh lang yung napagtanongan ko sa infomax kasi tinanong ko yung region ng BD's nila sabi region 2 (huh ulit) so i just assumed PAL(EURO) or something sabi sa akin sir ok naman po yan gagana yan since sa PS3 nyo lalaruin (huh for the third time) anyway kung ibang tao lang siguro nagtanong at binili yung BD's  mafrufrustrate sila...PS3 does not have any region lock for games but for BD movies and DVD's meron.Kaya nga medyo asar ako at wala akong R1 na dvd sa bahay puro R3

hahahaha .... also had the same experience at that shop years back when inquiries were made regarding region codes. It's highly unusual for a shop to sell BDs that have no understanding of basic info, e.g. region coding ... and to think that they had been selling BDs for quite sometime now ....

You can always check out our marketplace for the best deals in BDs .... R1 dvds are also aplenty ...  ;D

« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2008 at 06:41 AM by JAQY888 »
50pv70;AX200E
NR-808;TX-8555;EX442;SuV85a
Dali-Ikon7;Paradigm-11;SVS-PB12+;B&W
RegaP3;OPPO;CDT15

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #14 on: Aug 14, 2008 at 01:14 PM »

had the same experience with infomaxx .. nagtanong lang ako kung ano region yun benta nila, eh pinasakit pa ulo ko sa salestalk  .. :D
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2008 at 01:18 PM by ninjababez »
ninjababez online ..

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #15 on: Aug 14, 2008 at 01:36 PM »
Yun mga majority na shops dito ganun nga haha..They dont know what they are saying or intentional loko para mabili ka. Then when you buy it, it wont work or mali bili mo, then you want to return it and refund the money. Guess what CHANGE ITEM..HULI KA..NALOKO KA..you name it. They will give you all this crap na dapat change item. They cant refund. Actually bawal yan. I had experience in landmark makati. Bought a crib and returned it, its worth ten thousand, the lady said ya she will give me gift check worth that but its for grocery sa landmark. And get this, you have to spend all the 10,000 one shot sa grocery. I was going  ???..How the hell will I grocery one shot 10,000 pesos? Ubusin dapat daw. Loko ba siya? ;D..I insisted on refund and I got it. One of the salesman quietly told me puede refund basta insist ng customers. Anyway out of topic na ito hehe.. ;D..

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Aug 15, 2008 at 12:03 AM »
awww so same lang din talaga thru online, thanks....now i need to fatten up my paypal account :)

Bro, online is better given the various deals and discounts they're throwin' in there (Amazon in particular).  If you do Amazon you won't even need to set up a paypal account (credit card lang ayos na! Super safe as well so you need not worry).  IMO, the only downside to ordering online is the delivery leadtime - if you can wait two weeks for your fave title, then good for you, you get 30-50% off vs. the average BD price here in Manila.  ;)

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Aug 15, 2008 at 09:18 AM »
You can always check out our marketplace for the best deals in BDs .... R1 dvds are also aplenty ...  ;D

Yes, order tru onlne & at our marketplace are the best options! :)