Author Topic: Question On Buying In Amazon  (Read 2177 times)

Offline spidey

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Question On Buying In Amazon
« on: Jun 05, 2008 at 10:32 PM »
Good day to all, it's been a week since I bought my PS3 and my primary use of it is for watching movies with my plasma TV.  I went to different malls and looked at the forum here but found out there only a few titles available.  I'm starting to make my collection, but with very limited Blu-ray titles here, I'm planning to buy online with Amazon.  I have the following the questions on ordering online:

- Buying from Amazon requires a credit card, is it really safe to transact online?

- Is it much cheaper to buy several titles in one shipment?

- As stated in Amazon, their priority shipping already includes local government tax.  If I'm going to ship other than the priority shipment, how much is the tax added to the shipment?

- In relation to the above item, how much is the approximate added dollar value to an item.  As an example, for a $23 blu-ray movie, about how much is the total value of it?

Thanks in advance. 

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Question On Buying In Amazon
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2008 at 10:37 PM »
- Buying from Amazon requires a credit card, is it really safe to transact online?

Yes it is safe!!

- Is it much cheaper to buy several titles in one shipment?

Yes!!

- As stated in Amazon, their priority shipping already includes local government tax.  If I'm going to ship other than the priority shipment, how much is the tax added to the shipment?

Customs will tax you if your package is usually more than $50.00 (including shipping already).  Dunno the exact percentage of the total amount.

- In relation to the above item, how much is the approximate added dollar value to an item.  As an example, for a $23 blu-ray movie, about how much is the total value of it?

It depends on the credit card you use.  a safe conversion is around 45php is to $1.     
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2008 at 10:37 PM by oReOsHaKe »
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline spidey

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 08:35 AM »
Thanks for the immediate reply.  So is it safe to assume that if I ship my order via priority shipping, no more additional charges will be added just like Amazon stated?  The total amount shown will be final and it is the one billed to my credit card?  By the way, I have a citibank mastercard gold.  Thanks.

Offline et414

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • its gonna be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY! ;)
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 08:44 AM »
don't use priority shipping. they will send it via DHL and you will be taxed for sure. pdvd members usually use mail forwarders like Johnny Air Cargo to ship their packages from the states. check the JAC thread for more details.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 08:49 AM »
If buying several items at Amazon, make sure they are shipped in one package if you intend to shipped it via Johnny Air Cargo.. If the items are separately packaged, you will be charged separate handling fee for each package.. JAC does not consolidate packages kasi..
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2008 at 09:18 PM by oReOsHaKe »
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline spidey

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 07, 2008 at 09:13 PM »
I've tested a sample order using JAC, but I have not yet placed the order, here are the details:

JOHNNY AIR CARGO - NEW JERSEY
c/o JET CREUS / my name
# 717 Newark Avenue
Jersey City, New Jersey 07306
United States
Phone: 001 917-892-4704

Is this correct?  What shipping option should I choose?  Standard Shipping?

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 07, 2008 at 09:19 PM »
I've tested a sample order using JAC, but I have not yet placed the order, here are the details:

JOHNNY AIR CARGO - NEW JERSEY
c/o JET CREUS / my name
# 717 Newark Avenue
Jersey City, New Jersey 07306
United States
Phone: 001 917-892-4704

Is this correct?  What shipping option should I choose?  Standard Shipping?

Just use the standard shipping if you are not in a hurry..

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #7 on: Jun 07, 2008 at 09:52 PM »
If you're not in a hurry and your order is eligible, I'd use FREE Super Saver Shipping.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Mouldingo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jun 07, 2008 at 10:26 PM »
Has anyone noticed that shipping to the JAC NY address now includes Sales Tax charge? Parang mas malaki pa nga kaysa FREE Super Saver Shipping discount. >:( >:( >:(

Amazon collecting sales tax from New York customers

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/060308dnbusamazon.33a0ebc.html?npc

« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2008 at 10:31 PM by Mouldingo »

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jun 07, 2008 at 10:30 PM »
Has anyone noticed that shipping to the JAC NY address now includes Sales Tax charge? Parang mas malaki pa nga kaysa FREE Super Saver Shipping discount. >:( >:( >:(

Yes, since June 1. That's why everyone is shifting to JAC NJ. No taxes. Everything else the same.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #10 on: Jun 08, 2008 at 05:35 PM »
Yes, since June 1. That's why everyone is shifting to JAC NJ. No taxes. Everything else the same.

Yup same here.  Just changed my listed shipping address from NY to Jersey.  Hope that keeps the TAX issues at bay.  ;)  ...for the meantime.