Author Topic: Panasonic PV 80 ROCKS HARDER!!!!!!  (Read 69593 times)

Offline regulus

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • live by faith and not by sight
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Panasonic PV 80 ROCKS HARDER!!!!!!
« on: Jun 09, 2008 at 02:26 PM »
Hi guys to all the pv80 users out there please post your review here

Got my pv 80 last saturday (thanks jeff of theater works)

I just want to share my experience with my new baby.. First i watched a couple of scenes from IROBOT BD from my pv 70. I then tried it with the PV 80.. first impressions... the black scenes in the pv 80 is blacker than the pv 70.. colors are much vivid and lively than the 70 hmm... will just post pics on wed because im not really good with words hehehe

all in all PV 80 ROCKS hehehehe

Take not im not a panasonic fanboy im just satisfied with my upgrade... :D
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2008 at 06:54 PM by regulus »

Offline kalash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Panasonic PV 80 ROCKS
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 02:37 PM »
      the black scenes in the pv 80 is blacker than the pv 70.. colors are much vivid and lively than the 70 hmm...

Congrats to your new toy. These were the qualities that I found lacking in the pv70 when I saw them at sns ang tw. Its good to know that pana improved them on the pv80 at still a cheap price compared to the kuro.

Offline regulus

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • live by faith and not by sight
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 03:11 PM »
yup best buy pa rin for the price

Offline Nemesis91

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Atlantic Technology THX Ulta II
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 04:14 PM »
Post pics na!  :)

Offline alx

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #4 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 04:28 PM »
i agree with regulus... went to theater works and saw the pana and samsung plasma side by side..

ang ganda ng pv80!!  :o ganda narin ang design.. but is this good as pc monitor compare to pv70??

kaya regulus post pic na!!!  ;D congrats for the upgrade..

« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2008 at 11:10 AM by alx »

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 05:04 PM »
i agree with regulus... went to theater works and saw the pana and samsung plasma side by side..

kaya regulus post pic na!!!  ;D congrats for the upgrade..

ang ganda ng pv80!!  :o ganda narin ang design.. but is this good as pc monitor compare to pv70??

havnt tried pc w/this unit yet. But im sure it would be better than the previous pv70 model, even its not 1368x768 yet. Anyone would like to test? drop by sa shop and do some testing. ;D

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 589
« Reply #6 on: Jun 10, 2008 at 04:08 PM »
havnt tried pc w/this unit yet. But im sure it would be better than the previous pv70 model, even its not 1368x768 yet. Anyone would like to test? drop by sa shop and do some testing. ;D

I used to work for Fujitsu, and we regularly used 42-inch plasma TV's for output of PC/laptop displays for presentation purposes .... there has never been an issue with PC image quality even on older generation plasma tv's in the late 90's (those are not even 720p or hd capable)- it was very clear, text or images ... it's just a matter of configuring the PC to the correct resolution to achieve clear image

rule of thumb for the new flat panels (lcd or plasma) is to configure the graphics resolution of the pc to the maximum resolution supported by the flat panel - any other resolution would normally result into poor text and image clarity ...you can try this even with standard PC lcd monitors - if you change the resolution, higher or lower, the txt and image clarity becomes poor ....unlike with old crt, the image size only changes, but clarity would still be ok (that's why you can opt to have 640x480 res on old 15-inch crt's if you want bigger images and 800x600 if you want to fit more but smaller images/txt on your screen)

hence, the image/text quality should be a non-issue with the new plasma tv generations ... just work on the configurations
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2008 at 09:13 PM by raptor »
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 10, 2008 at 06:04 PM »
congrats brother! ako kasi as much as possible i try to stay away from temptations, kakakuha ko lang ng pv70 ko last march, at hindi pa tapos bayaran. ;D ayaw ko tingnan yung pv80 when i passed by TW last weekend.

if it is really better than pv70, baka dapat ang title ng thread is "panasonic pv80 Rocks...Harder". ;D

anyway, looking forward to the pix.
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jun 10, 2008 at 10:43 PM »
I used to work for Fujitsu, and we regularly used 42-inch plasma TV's for output of PC/laptop displays for presentation purposes .... there has never been an issue with PC image quality even on older generation plasma tv's in the late 90's (those are not even 720p or hd capable)- it was very clear, text or images ... it's just a matter of configuring the PC to the correct resolution to achieve clear image

rule of thumb for the new flat panels (lcd or plasma) is to configure the graphics resolution of the pc to the maximum resolution supported by the flat panel - any other resolution would normally result into poor text and image clarity ...you can try this even with standard PC lcd monitors - if you change the resolution, higher or lower, the txt and image clarity becomes poor ....unlike with old crt, the image size only changes, but clarity would still be ok (that's why you can opt to have 640x480 res on old 15-inch crt's if you want bigger images and 800x600 if you want to fit more but smaller images/txt on your screen)

hence, the image/text quality should be a non-issue with the new plasma tv generations ... just work on the configurations

i learned something new today, thanks i'll try that. ;D

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jun 10, 2008 at 10:46 PM »
congrats brother! ako kasi as much as possible i try to stay away from temptations, kakakuha ko lang ng pv70 ko last march, at hindi pa tapos bayaran. ;D ayaw ko tingnan yung pv80 when i passed by TW last weekend.

if it is really better than pv70, baka dapat ang title ng thread is "panasonic pv80 Rocks...Harder". ;D

Maganda ang title mo sir! :D

It looks like a 2 meg plasma, define kasi all the face texture and small details unlike before. Its a big leap from their previous model.

Offline essence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jun 10, 2008 at 11:15 PM »

Thank you for this nice piece of information  8)

Offline spidey

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jun 11, 2008 at 06:22 AM »
Napadaan ako sa Anson sa tapat ng Landmark Makati kahapon at nakita ko ang PV80, magkalapit sila ng PV70 at kitang-kita na mas crisp ang picture ng PV80, di ko lang alam kung naka-factory settings yun.  Ayoko na nga muna magpunta sa TV section ng mga appliance stores, kabibili ko lang sa Sights & Sounds ng 42PV70H ko almost 3 weeks ago.

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jun 11, 2008 at 11:05 AM »
Napadaan ako sa Anson sa tapat ng Landmark Makati kahapon at nakita ko ang PV80, magkalapit sila ng PV70 at kitang-kita na mas crisp ang picture ng PV80, di ko lang alam kung naka-factory settings yun.  Ayoko na nga muna magpunta sa TV section ng mga appliance stores, kabibili ko lang sa Sights & Sounds ng 42PV70H ko almost 3 weeks ago.

I found this statement quite consoling:

"The first thing you need to before deciding what to purchase is to put yourself in the right attitude ...the one that acknowledges that no matter what you BUY TODAY, there is going to be bigger / better / fancier model tomorrow, and for Less Money.

That is just the way it is with Technology-based products and unless you have an endless supply of money staying on the leading - or bleeding - edge of [computer] technology can quickly drain your bank account."--quoted from CoolToyz website.

I hope this statement will put everyone in the right mindset when buying Technology-based products.

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jun 11, 2008 at 05:40 PM »
Thanks pala sa mga kumuha ng units kanina, more power guys! ;)

Offline ASuL

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Panasonic PV 80 ROCKS HARDER!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: Jun 11, 2008 at 07:51 PM »
me i am waiting for the pv90....

para bagsak presyo na yung pv80...hehehe ;D

Offline silhouette

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Bon Jour!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jun 11, 2008 at 09:24 PM »

I can only imagine what's running inside your head every time you pass by this thread.  haha.

kailan kaya ang baba ng price para makakuha na din...
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2008 at 09:26 PM by silhouette »

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jun 12, 2008 at 12:17 PM »
I can only imagine what's running inside your head every time you pass by this thread.  haha.

kailan kaya ang baba ng price para makakuha na din...

and it all started with the Samsung HTIB that i got from you. ;D
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline skylynx888

• DVD Addict
  • breastmilk is also good for adults
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jun 12, 2008 at 01:58 PM »
post na PEKTYUR PEKTYUR   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mukhang eto na target ko come August   :D

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jun 12, 2008 at 02:23 PM »
post na PEKTYUR PEKTYUR   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mukhang eto na target ko come August   :D

tindi ng SARS!!  ;D ;D

Offline silhouette

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Bon Jour!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jun 12, 2008 at 04:26 PM »
I hope I can still controll myself for another month or two.  argh.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jun 12, 2008 at 07:36 PM »
Hi Guys,

This owner review I got from Amazon would probably wet your apetite further on the new 42PV80 (by the way, the review is for the equivalent model in US - 42PX80U -

31 of 41 people found the following review helpful:
You Won't Find A Better TV Anywhere For The Price!!!!!!!, March 4, 2008
By  Travis Deputy "TheInsatiableBookReader" (Padukee, Keentukee) - See all my reviews

WOW! WOW! WOW! That's the first words that came to mind when I put a Blu-Ray dvd in my Playstation 3 and turned on this awesome plasma tv. I've never seen a better picture and I've been to all those Best Buy/Circuit City stores and seen all there high end tv's in high def and this one stands up against all of them and holds it own and beats many of them all around.

The picture is bright, punchy and very clear. The blacks and reds are deep and rich. To put it in a nutshell, the picture looks surreal! True this is a 720p plasma, but it looks better than some of those 50 inch, 1080p Pioneer plasmas. My friend has a high end Pioneer plasma 50 incher(I forget what the model number is but its the best 50 inch one you can get from Pioneer.....I think its something like Euro or Uro or maybe Kuro in the model number)and I kid you not, this Panasonic Viera TH-42PX80U looks better than his and this one is about a $2000 cheaper.

Don't believe all that hype about 1080p either! With televisions, whether it be plasma or lcd, anything under 5o inches you will only be able to tell a tiny bit of difference in picture quality, if any at all with 1080p versus 720p. True, you can see a difference with the 58 to 65 inchers, but not really as much as you'd think.

As a comparison to this plasma, I bought a Panasonic 42d64u slim line lcd model back in November(sold it to my Dad so I could get this) and this plasma clearly has it beat in picture, sound, price, features, remote.......you name it.

To sum it up, this Panasonic Viera TH-42PX80U is all you could ask for in a tv and more. The sound is so good you don't need a surround sound system. Thundering bass!!! The picture is absolutely amazing in high definition(This plasma has 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast(that's right 1 million with 6 zeroes! Has to be a first!)and 15,000:1 native contrast, which is a technical way of saying this tv is AWESOME!) and still looks really good in standard definition(much better than lcd). Video games whether it be on the 360 or PS3 look stunning!!! 3 HDMI inputs with 1 in the front for easy access! I love the remote control! It's not big and gawky like many remotes and has easy to use buttons. I just wish it had a backlight button to light up the remote. Actually it may and I just haven't discovered it yet. This is a very attractive television and it's nice and slim(this is new to this model) so it doesn't take up a bunch of room.

Don't worry about screen burn in with these new plasmas. Hard to get burn in on them due to safety features such as screen saver and sleeptimer in case you fall asleep while you're watching a movie. Hands down this is the best tv you can get for the price! Do yourself a favor and go get one of these affordable plasmas at a great price and be blown away by the picture and sound.

As a side note: Amazon's free shipping, white glove delivery service was perfect and hassle free. The delivery peeps carried it in where I wanted it, unboxed it, and hooked up everything including my 360, PS3, Nintendo Wii and surround sound system(which isn't needed with this tv's great sound). Amazing Plasma, Amazing Service!!!!!!!! Don't get an lcd tv, get this Awesome tv before it sells out! 
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2008 at 07:36 PM by raptor »

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jun 12, 2008 at 08:11 PM »
Thanks for the amazon review!

Here's a professional review from a UK site (6 pages):

Panasonic TH42PX80 Review
by Vincent Teoh
10 March 2008

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Panasonic-TH42PX80/

There's a positive review on 24p (24 frames per second) performance:

I'm pleased to report that the Panasonic TH42PX80 properly handled 1080p/24 signal from the Sony Playstation 3 without telecine judder, as evidenced from the smoothness of the scrolling opening titles (00:02:18) and end credits, not to mention the numerous slow panning shots in the movie (e.g. when the camera panned left across a skyscraper around 00:10:18).

Please post negative reviews if you find any, para balanse.

OK lang kahit professional review or user review.

« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2008 at 02:05 PM by barrister »

Offline Nemesis91

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 02:56 AM »
Perfect toy for 2008! Its an eye candy! ;D

This will rule again for sure.

Offline sleepygeepy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 02:59 AM »
Also saw the new Panasonic TH-42PV80 in action at SL&L last Monday, with an officemate who just purchased a TH-42PV70 hehe! (btw few stock remaining!)  ;D

It was placed side by side with a TH-42PV700 playing the same content and I noticed that the black levels of the PV80 look better than the PV700.  It kinda reminded me of the Pioneer Kuro I saw at S&S before.  What's nice is the new bezel, the extra HDMI port in front, and the rotating stand which I feel is a nice feature.  Also the "footprint" is not as wide as the PV70's so you can easily mount this on top of a short width Sabre rack, which uses less space and is cheaper than the wider Sabre rack models.

Choosing between the Panasonic PV70 and the PV80 will be a hard proposition for first time buyers.  The PV70 has fallen so much in price that the added cost of the PV80 might be a hard sell for some.  However I believe the PV80 has a much better picture quality than the PV70, and with future price drops will eventually become the new "best value plasma" in the months to come.

What I would like to know is how the Panasonic TH-42PV80 stands up to the new Samsung PS42A450 plasma (est. Php 85K).  Samsung vs. Panasonic plasma comparison anyone? hehe!

;D

Offline paquito_chips

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 05:33 AM »
i'm also torn between the pv80 or samsung.  1st timer kaya gustong manigurado hehe..

might as well bring my pc and test it with ser jeff or vic.

Offline Flash

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 10:50 AM »
Pelase post negative reviews if you find any, para balanse.

OK lang kahit professional review or user review.

Pero dahan dahan lang. Alam mo naman dito maraming balat sibuyas.... lahat (ie. dealer, tv, resibo, etc.) pinepersonal :-\

Offline spypixel

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 05:20 PM »
Malupet talaga ung PV80, side by side comparison is available in Trinoma (Theatre Works). I saw it with KURO, Samsung, and a 1080p. With regard to picture quality, for me, it's the best (for the bucks also and my eyes).

PD: I will buy one within this month.

Offline bluelawyer

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jun 13, 2008 at 08:49 PM »
PV80 is great! Saw it side by side with other units. You will definitely see the difference.
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2008 at 10:42 PM by bluelawyer »

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jun 14, 2008 at 12:37 AM »
sirs,

medyo OT dahil kulang ng zero "0" itatanong ko ... available na ba yung 42PV8? ... it will probably rock harder than PV80 because of price performance and same PQ, no. of hdmi ports and SD port lang ang difference ... i'm ready to dip into the plasma technology kung available na  ;D

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #29 on: Jun 15, 2008 at 11:20 AM »
Kindly post some pics naman so we may all witness its enchanced performance compared to its older model.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!