Author Topic: Which Way To Go?  (Read 27537 times)

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Which Way To Go?
« Reply #210 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 08:56 PM »
I scanned through Ep 1 of Band of Brothers 1080p hV rip using Media Player Classic and ffdshow as codec.  No prob naman.  My processor is Intel E4300 not overclocked.  Which particular scene ang problematic?  Mas okay if you can indicate which particular episode and time.

MPC just solved my problem 1080ps.   ;D  Stupid me, it's not the PC, it's the software player. 

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #211 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 09:19 PM »
You don't need HDMI to get 5.1 surround. Just use your normal coax in --- wait, wait ... eGreat31b has optical out. PCH100 has coax out. You need to check compatibility with your AVR

Hello Sir Mark! ;D Musta na po! ;D I went to Ehome this morning to audition the Egreat and it really is amazing! ;D Bilib ako sa PQ at SQ...kayang kayang tapatan ang Bluray! ;D Also, found out that 5.1 is achieveable via optical cable...so, that basically sealed the deal for me! ;) I love watching films in surround sound kasi eh... :P

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 09:25 PM »
pwede, use hdmi to your panel directly, then coax/optical to your avr (almost all avrs have both audio outs anyway) so you get great video and great sound too.  ;D

Thanks for the input Sir iiins. ;) Was at Ehome this morning and Richie explained to me how the Egreat can achieve 5.1 surround sound. ;D Value for money, this is the best machine by far. ;) Awesome video, great sound! :P

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 09:48 PM »
MPC just solved my problem 1080ps.   ;D  Stupid me, it's not the PC, it's the software player. 

Glad to hear that, the latest version of ffdshow works better with multicore processors  :)

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #214 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 10:44 PM »
Ayan naman eh oh! Pero yang Extreme for 2,500ph, why not! pwede!!  ;D  At bakit nagkaron ng MAC? Wala ako pambili nyan.  ;D  Baligtarin na lang natin  Extreme-->NMT-->PJ-->MACdo (sagot na kita value meal).  :D

No problem at all re the mask.  8)

May contact ako na murang mac ;) cheaper than us prices,authorized seller pa at hindi gray market ;) Wag mo na ayusin pc mo, give that to your kid to play with toonuniversity.com, syo bagay ang mac kasi mahilig ka VIRUS prone sites ;D Atleast pare gumanda yung line-up mo na promote si NMT ngayon ;D

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #215 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 10:50 PM »
Thanks for the input Sir iiins. ;) Was at Ehome this morning and Richie explained to me how the Egreat can achieve 5.1 surround sound. ;D Value for money, this is the best machine by far. ;) Awesome video, great sound! :P

good to hear. go go go na!  ;D

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 11:27 PM »
good to hear. go go go na!  ;D

Malapit na malapit na Sir iiins...just waiting for the funds to come in!!! ;D

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #217 on: Oct 04, 2008 at 12:44 AM »
May contact ako na murang mac ;) cheaper than us prices,authorized seller pa at hindi gray market ;) Wag mo na ayusin pc mo, give that to your kid to play with toonuniversity.com, syo bagay ang mac kasi mahilig ka VIRUS prone sites ;D Atleast pare gumanda yung line-up mo na promote si NMT ngayon ;D

50% off din?  :D  Sige nga PM mo sa akin please.  ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2008 at 02:14 AM by frootloops »

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #218 on: Oct 04, 2008 at 02:20 AM »

not sure if you guys have also tried hooking up an external USB connected DVD drive. It works. That is, you can also play regular DVD media via the external USB DVD drive connected to the EGREAT. :-)

I did the same via XBOX360's HD-DVD add-on kit, it can see the HD media, but can't play it. On the other hand, using the same external USB HD-DVD drive, it can read regular (legacy) DVD titles without a hitch.

Hope this helps.

-JackRyan

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Oct 04, 2008 at 02:40 AM »
not sure if you guys have also tried hooking up an external USB connected DVD drive. It works. That is, you can also play regular DVD media via the external USB DVD drive connected to the EGREAT. :-)

I did the same via XBOX360's HD-DVD add-on kit, it can see the HD media, but can't play it. On the other hand, using the same external USB HD-DVD drive, it can read regular (legacy) DVD titles without a hitch.

Hope this helps.

-JackRyan

Richie, actually mentioned this to me earlier today when I was at Ehome. :) He told me that if I had an external dvd drive, that I can connect it to the Egreat via USB and be able to view dvd's. ;)

I forgot to ask if the Egreat "upcales" the viewing to a higher resolution...would you know Sir Jack? :)

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #220 on: Oct 04, 2008 at 07:12 AM »
Richie, actually mentioned this to me earlier today when I was at Ehome. :) He told me that if I had an external dvd drive, that I can connect it to the Egreat via USB and be able to view dvd's. ;)

I forgot to ask if the Egreat "upcales" the viewing to a higher resolution...would you know Sir Jack? :)

since pareho lang kaluluha nyan ng pch, it does! through hdmi and component!

i also got a lot of 480p sd files, and it looks ok naman when upscaled to 720p. have not tried upscaling a real dvd through external drive though.  ;D

Offline Mouldingo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: Oct 04, 2008 at 08:40 AM »
I cannot believe this thread.  :o :o :o Why do I get this feeling this thread openly promotes program piracy. "What kind of HD collection do you have?" "Oh, I collect free HD material downloaded from the 'net" "Isn't it piracy?" "Libre naman 'to at pinaghirapan ko idownload ng matagal, binayad ko naman ung DSL ko" Pareho lang iyan sa peke na DVD..." HD naman 'to" "Anyway I will sooner or later buy an original" Yeah right...

« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2008 at 08:57 AM by Mouldingo »

Offline milken

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: Oct 04, 2008 at 08:56 AM »

Hope this helps.

-JackRyan

Is it possible for egreat to read mkv burned in DVD+R via external USB DVD drive?  As of now, DVD media are cheaper than HDD for storage. :) 

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #223 on: Oct 04, 2008 at 12:27 PM »
I cannot believe this thread.  :o :o :o Why do I get this feeling this thread openly promotes program piracy. "What kind of HD collection do you have?" "Oh, I collect free HD material downloaded from the 'net" "Isn't it piracy?" "Libre naman 'to at pinaghirapan ko idownload ng matagal, binayad ko naman ung DSL ko" Pareho lang iyan sa peke na DVD..." HD naman 'to" "Anyway I will sooner or later buy an original" Yeah right...

I tend to agree with this and with a complaint about this thread that I received via PM today. What started out as an interesting poll has evolved into a piracy thread, complete with little smileys that seem to indicate "I know I'm doing something not allowed here, but I termed it properly." Locking it for now until I get further advice from the Admin.

Please don't get your panties in a bunch and start half a dozen "Dear kapitan, why lock this thread???" threads right away, okay? I've already explained why I'm locking it for now, and am getting an opinion from the site owner if this sort of discussion will be allowed here. For all you know this thread may be reopened if it's gray enough...

Thank you for your attention.
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2008 at 12:49 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...