Author Topic: NMT / Media Player Comparisons  (Read 145855 times)

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: NMT / Media Player Comparisons
« Reply #510 on: Mar 13, 2012 at 04:44 PM »
I noticed that the newer egreat players with the 1186 chipset no longer has the redtimes UI... How's the android UIs for this model? I'm looking for a new NMT to upgrade from my kaiboer 1073... Kung mas maganda UI na redtimes, then might settle for 1185 na lang

Sir jim, any recommendations for an egreat model with the following features?

USB 3.0
eSATA
1186/1185 chipset... Pwede rin ung latest ng sigma
Internal HDD

Thanks!

I like redtimes UI over the 1186 UI to be honest.
R180 Pro is really good and has an internal HDD already.

toy

Offline rico_g

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #511 on: Mar 14, 2012 at 07:01 PM »
I like redtimes UI over the 1186 UI to be honest.
R180 Pro is really good and has an internal HDD already.

Problem ko kasi with R180, when i start using NAS, USB 2.0 interface lang... If i switch to R6a-ii naman, may esata nga, wala naman internal... Very cheap though, so tempting din...

Wala pa bang unit na 1185 with internal HD and either esata or usb 3.0

Kung wala tlga, my next dilemma is S100 vs R300... Ether go for Sigma and forego the internal HD or get the 1186... What do u think abt these 2 options sir? Malaki ba difference ng PQ ng sigma vs realtek?

Salamat po ulit!

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #512 on: Mar 14, 2012 at 07:17 PM »
Problem ko kasi with R180, when i start using NAS, USB 2.0 interface lang... If i switch to R6a-ii naman, may esata nga, wala naman internal... Very cheap though, so tempting din...

Wala pa bang unit na 1185 with internal HD and either esata or usb 3.0

Kung wala tlga, my next dilemma is S100 vs R300... Ether go for Sigma and forego the internal HD or get the 1186... What do u think abt these 2 options sir? Malaki ba difference ng PQ ng sigma vs realtek?

Salamat po ulit!

R160S is coming in, suggest you wait. I like R6A-ii and R1-ii coz its all external, but yes, it will require you to get an enclosure or dock(dual dock sells on bundle lang)
toy

Offline rico_g

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #513 on: Mar 14, 2012 at 08:22 PM »
Kakabasa ngnthreads dito, palaki-ng palaki budget ko!!! Parang bigla akong nabenta sa sigma considering my screen is 50in, mukhang noticeable PQ difference.

Sir Jim, one more question, you're an egreat seller but you seem to be very objective with your answers...

Say, if I just wanna blow my budget, PCH C300 or eGreat S900? What can the C300 do that the S900 can't? And number one requirement ko rin kasi is an interface faster than USB2.0, since my current 2TB is almost full, im thinking of connecting a 2nd Hd via a dock, then later on via NAS...

Also, i mostly download big files on pc and transfer to NMT kaya gusto ko sana faster transfer speeds.

Still considering S100 and NAS though... Pero di pa kasi ako ganun ka-sold sa external storage. Salamat!

Offline rico_g

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #514 on: Mar 14, 2012 at 08:33 PM »
Also, ung BD player ng S900 and C300, can it play DVDs regardless of region?

Offline ert

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #515 on: Mar 14, 2012 at 08:45 PM »
TOP 5 Regular media players
Popcorn Hour C-300 (81%)
Mede8er Med500x2 (80%)
Dune SMART (D1) (65%)
HDI Dune Base 3.0 (52%)
DViCo TViX X-Roid (00%)

Source: www.mpcclub.com

Offline rico_g

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #516 on: Mar 15, 2012 at 02:35 AM »
Thanks po sa info...

For some reason, i really find the posters here in PDVD more believable. Somehow, i've seen this post somewhere here pero parang hindi convincing ung rankings. I went to the site and noticed na there is absolutely no mention of the known brands here. I mean, are egreat, kaiboer, measy, etc that bad???

Judging by the posters on the site, it seems the ranking is based on what brands are available to them... Home country being presumably US, baka kaya di naka-rank ung ibang brands kasi di pa umaabot sa market nila..

Just a speculation though... I really do believe PCH C300 is the best out there... The question i suppose is, how much better...

But if I'm wrong and mede8er is the 2nd best, then this is a shocker for me, considering the realtek 1185 chipset. Please do enlighten me kung mali ang akala ko ;)

Thanks po sa mga inputs mga pafs...

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #517 on: Mar 15, 2012 at 02:35 AM »
Also, ung BD player ng S900 and C300, can it play DVDs regardless of region?

S900 can switch regions for both BD/DVD, C300 dunno pero sa C200 ko, there's a procedure to switch regions daw pero limited to 5 times (parang 5 lives ng arcade game nuh? :) )
toy

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #518 on: Mar 15, 2012 at 02:50 AM »
Thanks po sa info...

For some reason, i really find the posters here in PDVD more believable. Somehow, i've seen this post somewhere here pero parang hindi convincing ung rankings. I went to the site and noticed na there is absolutely no mention of the known brands here. I mean, are egreat, kaiboer, measy, etc that bad???

Judging by the posters on the site, it seems the ranking is based on what brands are available to them... Home country being presumably US, baka kaya di naka-rank ung ibang brands kasi di pa umaabot sa market nila..

Just a speculation though... I really do believe PCH C300 is the best out there... The question i suppose is, how much better...

Maganda talaga C300, UI + PQ, if you dont mind paying the price tag.

I wish for a C300 so lkely sa US ko bilin dahil mas mura dun compared to local prices, wala nga lang warranty so that's the risk. luma na pero working pa din yun C200 ko so matibay din.

In the end, its all you and if you are in it for the playback and less on NMJ, go take  the Chinese brands any day and you still have money to buy 4 x 2TB disks for its price.

as to the ranking, Egreat, Kaiboer, Measy, Mede8er are popular for its price.

500X2  from Med8er has good UI allowing searched via gender, title, etc.  WD i think also has similar feature. pero if coverart lang, its nothing Thumbgen wont fix. most people i know Thumbgen get their album cover from blu-ray.com. Thumbgen however is run in a PC.

C300 remains king , you  cant go wrong with its Sigma chip to produce the best PQ.
S900 can switch regions for both BD/DVD, C300 dunno pero sa C200 ko, there's a procedure to switch regions daw pero limited to 5 times (parang 5 lives ng arcade game nuh? :) )
toy

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #519 on: Mar 15, 2012 at 03:04 AM »
Maganda talaga C300, UI + PQ, if you dont mind paying the price tag.

I wish for a C300 so lkely sa US ko bilin dahil mas mura dun compared to local prices, wala nga lang warranty so that's the risk. luma na pero working pa din yun C200 ko so matibay din.

In the end, its all you and if you are in it for the playback and less on NMJ, go take  the Chinese brands any day and you still have money to buy 4 x 2TB disks for its price.

as to the ranking, Egreat, Kaiboer, Measy, Mede8er are popular for its price.

500X2  from Med8er has good UI allowing searched via gender, title, etc.  WD i think also has similar feature. pero if coverart lang, its nothing Thumbgen wont fix. most people i know Thumbgen get their album cover from blu-ray.com. Thumbgen however is run in a PC.

C300 remains king , you  cant go wrong with its Sigma chip to produce the best PQ.

Brader.. kaya bang C300 pabili ko? or masyadong malaki for you? he he he
Walang Setup

Offline rico_g

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #520 on: Mar 15, 2012 at 03:06 AM »

Salamat po sa advice... Although ung S900 vs C300, di na rin ganun kalaki price difference, right? I mean if i'm going for the full featured models, di na nalalayo ang presyo ng egreat at c300 (unless prices changed from what i've seen in the posts here) it seems the price diff is 3-5k depending on the bundle...

So there, now i'm just torn C300, S900, or S100 with NAS... Decisions, decisions, itutulog ko na lang.  ???

Offline barricades

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #521 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 09:59 AM »
mga sir what nmt can u recommended that can play flac audio format that produce really good sound, my stereo system has no hdmi nor optical input i can only use rca jack. may mga downloaded flac file kasi ko na 2929kbps / 96khz i wonder kung pwede ang nmt without losing sounds quality.

by the way meron po ako old egreat nmt which is m34a but i think na dodownscale nya yung mga flac files ko na 2929kbps. being newbie like me hope someone can enlighten us.

Offline DViant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #522 on: May 09, 2012 at 08:07 AM »
I see that the C300 is highly recommended but is there a more basic solution that sells for less than P6,000?

My requirements are the following

- HDMI connectivity
- 802.11g/n connectivity
- .mov, .mkv and .avi support
- 1080p/60 playback
- No built-in storage

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #523 on: May 09, 2012 at 12:35 PM »
mga sir what nmt can u recommended that can play flac audio format that produce really good sound, my stereo system has no hdmi nor optical input i can only use rca jack. may mga downloaded flac file kasi ko na 2929kbps / 96khz i wonder kung pwede ang nmt without losing sounds quality.

by the way meron po ako old egreat nmt which is m34a but i think na dodownscale nya yung mga flac files ko na 2929kbps. being newbie like me hope someone can enlighten us.

If your old NMT has optical output you can buy a DAC(digital to analog converter). Kasi yung mga built-in DAC ng NMT are not so good when it comes to audio playback.

Magiging set up mo is NMT optical out--->DAC--->RCA input of your stereo system.

Offline ultimax

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #524 on: May 09, 2012 at 03:39 PM »
I own an xtreamer and popcorn. I also own the cheaper Kaiboer and Himedia. The latter 2 brands have a variety of models and configuration best suited for your budget and needs. I have not encountered any problems with these brands. It's just a choice on what chipset you wanted. You can inquire at Digitag or go to ebuyph.com. 

I see that the C300 is highly recommended but is there a more basic solution that sells for less than P6,000?

- HDMI connectivity
- 802.11g/n connectivity
- 1080p/60 playback
- No built-in storage

Offline defined

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • bulakenyo
  • Liked:
« Reply #525 on: May 12, 2012 at 08:02 PM »
Gudpm po..question lang po...can media player with 3d capable can play 3d on non 3d tv?or 3d media player can only play 3d on 3d capable tv?thx...

Offline mikz023

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #526 on: May 12, 2012 at 11:52 PM »
Gudpm po..question lang po...can media player with 3d capable can play 3d on non 3d tv?or 3d media player can only play 3d on 3d capable tv?thx...

Your second question is the answer to your question.  ;)

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #527 on: May 13, 2012 at 12:13 AM »

- HDMI connectivity
- 802.11g/n connectivity
- 1080p/60 playback
- No built-in storage

meron pa within 4K~ range bro, esp. for those w/o built in storage.

C300 sets the bar but by no means plays all files, I personally get better chances of playing even the poorly encoded files with realtek players albeit not having the NMJ and PCH's award winning interface.  The upside of PCH is that if you are into BD ISO, then it plays it solidly well, just make sure you stick with the right region and you will be fine.

these days, with AVRs usually go with HT setups, having a BD player (3D) and a seperate NMT just works. who cares about the clutter ---  the more the gears, the more the cheers :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012 at 12:14 AM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline defined

• Collector
  • bulakenyo
  • Liked:
« Reply #528 on: May 13, 2012 at 06:45 AM »
ok...napaisip lang kasi me what's the use of 3d function of media player if your tv has built in 3d function in it ok din pla na non 3d player ang gmitin..thx

Offline mikz023

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #529 on: May 13, 2012 at 07:25 AM »
ok...napaisip lang kasi me what's the use of 3d function of media player if your tv has built in 3d function in it ok din pla na non 3d player ang gmitin..thx

AFAIK 3d player lets you play 3d ISO files sa 3d tv mo. Kung un file mo is just 2d file lng played on ur 3d player then ur 3d tv will output 2d only. But in some cases like nun mga bluray player they can convert 2d to 3d file. Ewan ko lng sa nmt kung meron din clang gnitong function.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #530 on: May 22, 2012 at 02:44 PM »
Ang unang silbi is that the media player must be able to output the 3D movie (in whatever format) onto the 3DTV in a 3D format that the 3DTV supports.

1.  Most NMTs or standalone media players would be capable of playing HALF of this HALF of that 3D in MKV (SBS, OU, TB).   Frame-Sequential 3D in MKV ay kaya rin but that format is not that popular among encoders.

2.  I havent seen an NMT that can play 2 simultaneous files together to form 3D (Left & Right Eye)

3.  I havent seen an NMT that can play FULL of this FULL of that 3D (SBS, OU, TB).   Perhaps the new Egreat models can?

4.  I havent seen an NMT that can play 3D Blurays (ISO) but I read in this site that new Egreat models can?  That's very good if it actually can.

5.   A PC with the right software players can do all the above.  Hehehe

Pero you still need a 3DTV of course to see the output in 3D.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #531 on: May 22, 2012 at 04:13 PM »
Ang unang silbi is that the media player must be able to output the 3D movie (in whatever format) onto the 3DTV in a 3D format that the 3DTV supports.

1.  Most NMTs or standalone media players would be capable of playing HALF of this HALF of that 3D in MKV (SBS, OU, TB).   Frame-Sequential 3D in MKV ay kaya rin but that format is not that popular among encoders.

2.  I havent seen an NMT that can play 2 simultaneous files together to form 3D (Left & Right Eye)

3.  I havent seen an NMT that can play FULL of this FULL of that 3D (SBS, OU, TB).   Perhaps the new Egreat models can?

4.  I havent seen an NMT that can play 3D Blurays (ISO) but I read in this site that new Egreat models can?  That's very good if it actually can.

5.   A PC with the right software players can do all the above.  Hehehe

Pero you still need a 3DTV of course to see the output in 3D.

+1

Based from experience both R300 and R6S Egreats could play Full Bluray 3D iso files which are automatically detected by my 3D TV ;)

3D MKVs like HSBS(side by side); Top and Bottom files can be played by regular NMTs. These files are then detected by the 3D TV and processed as 3D files.

Bottom line is you still need a 3D capable TV ;D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012 at 04:27 PM by Louie_18 »

Offline XmetaL

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #532 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:56 PM »
Bumigay yung Ixtreamer ko yesterday after more than a year. It still turns on and the logo still comes out then wala na...unit is still turned on but nothing comes out. I'm not sure if the sudden surge electricity nung kumulog/kidlat yesterday affected it.

And what's the best nmt around today?

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #533 on: May 23, 2012 at 08:20 AM »
Bumigay yung Ixtreamer ko yesterday after more than a year. It still turns on and the logo still comes out then wala na...unit is still turned on but nothing comes out. I'm not sure if the sudden surge electricity nung kumulog/kidlat yesterday affected it.

And what's the best nmt around today?

What's your budget sir?

Offline defined

• Collector
  • bulakenyo
  • Liked:
« Reply #534 on: May 26, 2012 at 05:01 AM »
Gudam..does measy x5 have torrent function?thx...

Offline mamba0516

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #535 on: Jun 02, 2012 at 11:38 AM »
good day. i am new to this NMT stuff. im planning to buy one. what would you recommend with a 6-7k budget? features lang na hanap ko. maganda pq sympre, pwde ko ikabit sa htib ko so i can play the sound thru there, can play most files, usb3.0. 3d feature is a plus but not needed ( wala pa akong 3d tv) wifi is a plus also but not needed ( i download most of my movies sa laptop ko) my choices so far are measy x5, xtreamer sidewinder3 and prodigy.or may suggestions pa kayong iba? thank you  ;)

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #536 on: Jun 02, 2012 at 11:41 AM »
good day. i am new to this NMT stuff. im planning to buy one. what would you recommend with a 6-7k budget? features lang na hanap ko. maganda pq sympre, pwde ko ikabit sa htib ko so i can play the sound thru there, can play most files, usb3.0. 3d feature is a plus but not needed ( wala pa akong 3d tv) wifi is a plus also but not needed ( i download most of my movies sa laptop ko) my choices so far are measy x5, xtreamer sidewinder3 and prodigy.or may suggestions pa kayong iba? thank you  ;)

You'll be safe with Egreat, Popcorn Hour and AC ryan.. Check out what model ang abot nang budget mo then audition.. enjoy NMT hunting
Walang Setup

Offline mamba0516

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #537 on: Jun 02, 2012 at 04:00 PM »
can i transfer the movies from my laptop directly to the internal HDD of say egreat or measy? or do i have to plug the internal hDD to a pc then transfer the files from there?

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #538 on: Jun 02, 2012 at 04:06 PM »
can i transfer the movies from my laptop directly to the internal HDD of say egreat or measy? or do i have to plug the internal hDD to a pc then transfer the files from there?

puede sir, via the USB slave host port.
or puede rin from your laptop to a SATA HDD dock via USB,
toy

Offline GLC

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #539 on: Jun 22, 2012 at 05:32 PM »
Which of these 3 NMT would you recommend:

1. Xtreamer Prodigy