Author Topic: The Godfather: The Coppola Restoration Collection (September 23, 2008)  (Read 1231 times)

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
from DVDActive:

Paramount has announced  The Godfather: The Coppola Restoration Collection which includes fully restored editions of Godfather Part I and II and a newly remastered version of The Godfather Part III. The 5-disc collection will include all of the features of the previously released collection, along with a 5th disc of bonus material. This will include multiple featurettes (Godfather World, The Masterpiece That Almost Wasn’t, …when the shooting stopped, Emulsional Rescue Revealing The Godfather, The Godfather on the Red Carpet), and four short films on The Godfather (The Godfather vs. The Godfather, Part II, Cannoli, Riffing on the Riffing, Clemenza). Retail will be $72.99. Titles will also be available individually for $19.99.

Also available from the 23rd September will be a Blu-ray release of the collection. The 4-disc set will be presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD, and English Mono tracks (except The Godfather: Part III). All of the above extra material will be included, with many of the features also being presented in HD. Retail will be $119.99. The Blu-ray discs do not appear to be available seperately.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Looking at this art, I'm glad I purchased the R2, since the cover looks more classy with just the blood splatter and no faces. Plus the "Includes All Three Amazing Films" tag is also a minus for me. Not to mention... the R2 many of us already got is a steelbook...  ;D

And look at the price! I got my R2 for GBP 17.98 = PHP 1605.69 (actually lower than that, since the peso was stronger a month ago). This costs USD 72.99 = PHP 3,273.61 Whoa! Double!

This is a very bad buy if R2 is also an option for you.
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2008 at 12:00 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline d4nu65+3R

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
echoing those sentiments^.  i wonder though if they will be having an r1 steelbook edition.

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
Is the R2 5-discs as well?

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
And look at the price! I got my R2 for GBP 17.98 = PHP 1605.69 (actually lower than that, since the peso was stronger a month ago). This costs USD 72.99 = PHP 3,273.61 Whoa! Double!

Actually, the difference would be smaller, since Amazon gives discount of around 30% during preorder period.  So while still more expensive, it should be around 2,300Php..
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Is the R2 5-discs as well?

Yes, it is. More details here.

Actually, the difference would be smaller, since Amazon gives discount of around 30% during preorder period.  So while still more expensive, it should be around 2,300Php..

And if you add the now more expensive Expedited Shipping, it'll cross the $50 mark by about $15-$20, so you risk getting taxed at the post office, which will run you an additional PHP 2000... or 500 if you go "under the table" and forego your receipt.
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2008 at 01:33 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...