Author Topic: Alvinh Room: Reviving Back To Life- Back to Basics  (Read 299786 times)

Offline alvinh

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy your gears. Have fun in your journey.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: alvinh Room for my movies
« Reply #210 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 02:59 PM »
Hehehe. We'll see brader Ricky. I'm here lang now sa Ortigas Center. Baka nga mamaya lang dumerecho na ng Libis. Dun sa may kanto ng Jollibee. hehehehe. ;D Naku, hwag sana. ???
Learn the technology but also learn to trust your ears and eyes...and enjoy the journey.

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #211 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 03:09 PM »
Hehehe. We'll see brader Ricky. I'm here lang now sa Ortigas Center. Baka nga mamaya lang dumerecho na ng Libis. Dun sa may kanto ng Jollibee. hehehehe. ;D Naku, hwag sana. ???

You cant resist the dark side bro ;D

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #212 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 03:26 PM »
One thing I can probably handle well is "organized chaos"...hehehehe. ;D

In this case, my itchiness for a more decent HT and this newfound, more like, reawakened longing for "a little better than average" audio set -up. All these without costing me an arm and a leg? Sana naman po. I guess it boils down to how long I'm willing to wait and a good plan to at least get to a certain point within a given time. In short, structured spending. hehehe. Hay, i feel better already.

I do enjoy both the HT and "audio end" of this passion of ours. What Sir Mark mentioned about the satisfaction of watching DVD concerts is something I can relate to. I do love the "live" performances. At the same time, there were also moments when I just want to close my eyes and "just listen". Kaya nga madaling nakulam...that is, to make a decision to jump in the "tube flavor path" bandwagon.

So, here's my quick reference plan (for myself): Feel free to suggest the better route.

1) Done with my flat panel to initiate transition to HD last July. Got the bd30 and dv400. oks na yun.

2) Just got the Egreat. Happy na to start my free HD movies. Will take advantage of bandwidth at the office. Hehehe. Will just build HD collection.

3) Would like sana to change my amp..but after the blind test, trueHD not a priority at the moment. So HK AVR8500 will remain. So will the HT speakers.

4) Decided to get the HD projector na lang after I transfer my HT room (next year)...not ideal for my current viewing distance of less than 10 feet. The 46" flat panel will suffice. The screen will be removed...

5) Get a decent stand for current set up...46" and gears. (buy Oct)

6) Tube amp...(buy Oct)...use extra Infinity speakers para lang tumunog...hehehe.

7) Speakers...(to be determined to match #6) -(buy Nov)

8) Cd player to match (6 and 7) - (Dec) Meron pa kasi HK HDCD.

9) Rest muna ako sa Pasko at madaming inaanak. ;D

Next year na yung iba...

Ayan. Already laid out para sa mga mangkus. ;D

I think this is a good plan ... to satisfy initial curiosity.  ;D

Iba ang HT, which you are scheduling for next year. It also depends a lot on whether or not you will have a dedicated room cuz you could start with the correct room dimensions. Tapos may acoustic treatments. And then the equipment - pj, screen, AVR. Another story na yun. Maraming pwede magtulong (or kulam, depending on your point of view).  ;D ;D  :)
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline alvinh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 03:33 PM »
I think that the danger words Sir mark are "initial curiosity". Coming from a man with 260 unwatched DVD's, I think you started by "being curious" also. hahahahahaha!
Yup. Definitely a dedicated HT. I see kulam as such a positive thing. Don't you? ::)
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2008 at 03:34 PM by alvinh »
Learn the technology but also learn to trust your ears and eyes...and enjoy the journey.

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 04:04 PM »

So, here's my quick reference plan (for myself): Feel free to suggest the better route.

1) Done with my flat panel to initiate transition to HD last July. Got the bd30 and dv400. oks na yun.

2) Just got the Egreat. Happy na to start my free HD movies. Will take advantage of bandwidth at the office. Hehehe. Will just build HD collection.

3) Would like sana to change my amp..but after the blind test, trueHD not a priority at the moment. So HK AVR8500 will remain. So will the HT speakers.

4) Decided to get the HD projector na lang after I transfer my HT room (next year)...not ideal for my current viewing distance of less than 10 feet. The 46" flat panel will suffice. The screen will be removed...

6) Tube amp...(buy Oct)...use extra Infinity speakers para lang tumunog...hehehe.

Next year na yung iba...

Wow, may purchase plan pa!!!  Nice one alvin, rack 'em up!

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 04:14 PM »
I think that the danger words Sir mark are "initial curiosity". Coming from a man with 260 unwatched DVD's, I think you started by "being curious" also. hahahahahaha!
Yup. Definitely a dedicated HT. I see kulam as such a positive thing. Don't you? ::)

Yes, its the curiosity. For me lately, it was curiosity about video processing, video calibration, hi-def video and audio, 2 subwoofers, bass traps, high-gain screen, parametric equalizer, popcorn, room correction ... dami. I am still in the learning stage of video and audio calibration ... honestly. And mabuti na lang so that there's still a lot that can be improved. The good and bad thing about this hobby is that it can go on forever.  ;D

The 260 unwatched DVD's are basically my collector's mentality.  ;D

Actually, if you are building a dedicated HT, there's a lot of positive and FREE advice that you will get from Pinoydvd members. A lot of experience you can learn from, including a lot of local advice (where to source stuff, where's the cheapest stuff, etc.). That is pretty positive.  :)

Offline alvinh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 04:22 PM »
Wow, may purchase plan pa!!!  Nice one alvin, rack 'em up!

If I don't do this, e baka mapagaya sa 'yo na in one week e tapos ang laban! hehehehe. ;D

Offline XXXyzledge

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • NO more CEBU PACIFIC flights for me!
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 04:23 PM »

In this case, my itchiness for a more decent HT and this newfound, more like, reawakened longing for "a little better than average" audio set -up. All these without costing me an arm and a leg? Sana naman po. I guess it boils down to how long I'm willing to wait and a good plan to at least get to a certain point within a given time. In short, structured spending. hehehe. Hay, i feel better already.

I do enjoy both the HT and "audio end" of this passion of ours. What Sir Mark mentioned about the satisfaction of watching DVD concerts is something I can relate to. I do love the "live" performances. At the same time, there were also moments when I just want to close my eyes and "just listen". Kaya nga madaling nakulam...that is, to make a decision to jump in the "tube flavor path" bandwagon.

Next year na yung iba...

wow! i like it when a plan like this is made..........

i like it better if these plans would be accelerated !!!  ;D ;D ;D
Cayin, RS1, Velo, QED, Bada         Sony4K, HK, B&W, SVS, Oppo, LaZboy....

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 04:24 PM »
Yes, its the curiosity. For me lately, it was curiosity about video processing, video calibration, hi-def video and audio, 2 subwoofers, bass traps, high-gain screen, parametric equalizer, popcorn, room correction ... dami. I am still in the learning stage of video and audio calibration ... honestly. And mabuti na lang so that there's still a lot that can be improved. The good and bad thing about this hobby is that it can go on forever.  ;D

Just remember Curiosity killed the cat ;D Joke, Sir mark baka after a few months e LICENSED CALIBRATOR/INSTALLER ka na :o which is good for the community kasi with your helpful personality eh FREE na CALIBRATION ;) naming mga members esp when it comes sa video processor and PJs 8) Professional calibration cost a lot of money and IMO it is strongly/highly recommended for us to really enjoy our set-up whether ENTRY level or HIGH-END :) Hope one day you can offer free professional calibration na in exchange for PSP :D

Offline alvinh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 04:32 PM »

The 260 unwatched DVD's are basically my collector's mentality.  ;D

Actually, if you are building a dedicated HT, there's a lot of positive and FREE advice that you will get from Pinoydvd members. A lot of experience you can learn from, including a lot of local advice (where to source stuff, where's the cheapest stuff, etc.). That is pretty positive.  :)

How true. An average Joe who has no clue about what an RCA plug is (as referred to by most) can actually build a great HT just by compiling all the suggestions, ideas and more importantly, kulams off the different threads here sa pdvd. At the end of the day, no matter how big or small our set-ups are, when you take your sweet spot and enjoy your gears, as crazy as it may sound...we're in heaven. hehehehe. ;D

Offline alvinh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #220 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 04:34 PM »
wow! i like it when a plan like this is made..........

i like it better if these plans would be accelerated !!!  ;D ;D ;D

Uy brader Jim..October na naman ah... :o

Offline XXXyzledge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 04:37 PM »
Uy brader Jim..October na naman ah... :o

yeah! october na! yehey!!!
lapit na!  ;D

Offline JAQY888

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's a bright new world ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 04:52 PM »

Next year na yung iba...

wow, a clear-cut plan you have there, bro. Alvin. Nice to know that you have laid out what you want so you can truly achieve that "nirvana" ......  ;D ;D ;D

wishing you all the best !!!  :D
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2008 at 04:58 PM by JAQY888 »
50pv70;AX200E
NR-808;TX-8555;EX442;SuV85a
Dali-Ikon7;Paradigm-11;SVS-PB12+;B&W
RegaP3;OPPO;CDT15

Offline alvinh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 04:57 PM »
wow, a clear-cut plan you have there, bro. Alvin. Nice to know that you have laid out what you want so you can truly achieve that "nirvana" ......  ;D ;D ;D

Mahirap na walang plan hatorni..di makatulog...hehehehe!
Malapit-lapit na..konting basa na lang.
Kelan ka pala punta ng Sta Rosa? silipin natin ang mga pakners mo at mukhang merong binubuo...

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 05:00 PM »
Sir mark baka after a few months e LICENSED CALIBRATOR/INSTALLER ka na :o which is good for the community kasi with your helpful personality eh FREE na CALIBRATION ;) naming mga members esp when it comes sa video processor and PJs 8) Professional calibration cost a lot of money and IMO it is strongly/highly recommended for us to really enjoy our set-up whether ENTRY level or HIGH-END :) Hope one day you can offer free professional calibration na in exchange for PSP :D

Ricky, a few months ago, I got the basic equipment for video processing - spectrometer and calibration software. I got it relatively cheap, compared to what it cost a few years ago. I have calibrated my pj and a friend's and there was a noticeable improvement. But I have a lot to learn cuz the week before the blind test, the AV Driver tech calibrated my pj (with my small assistance) and his calibration was much better than mine.

To be a licensed ISF calibrator, you need to attend a seminar and I think the nearest one is in HK. Maybe I should start thinking about that! Hahaha.

Bukas, I will calibrate the pj of Luther (dts-hd). Guinea pig ko sya kaya libre.  ;D

For the succeeding ones, I plan to charge one good bottle of red wine.  ;D ;D As I get better, the quality of the red wine should also increase.  ;D ;D

Wag na lang PSP or MP! Baka kasi humingi pa kayo ng FR!  ;D

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #225 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 05:16 PM »

Ricky, a few months ago, I got the basic equipment for video processing - spectrometer and calibration software. I got it relatively cheap, compared to what it cost a few years ago. I have calibrated my pj and a friend's and there was a noticeable improvement. But I have a lot to learn cuz the week before the blind test, the AV Driver tech calibrated my pj (with my small assistance) and his calibration was much better than mine. - Im sure Sir in due time you'll also be able to do it(hindi nga lang with your eyes closed ;D)

To be a licensed ISF calibrator, you need to attend a seminar and I think the nearest one is in HK. Maybe I should start thinking about that! Hahaha.-Pls do CONSIDER it :-* :-* :-*

Bukas, I will calibrate the pj of Luther (dts-hd). Guinea pig ko sya kaya libre.  ;D- Very nice

For the succeeding ones, I plan to charge one good bottle of red wine.  ;D ;D As I get better, the quality of the red wine should also increase.  ;D ;D- A very good deal na since Im sure you'll be drinking and sharing it on the spot ;)

Wag na lang PSP or MP! Baka kasi humingi pa kayo ng FR!  ;D- ;D ;D ;D This is funny( hindi lang FR baka pati mp4 kasama)

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #226 on: Oct 05, 2008 at 11:40 PM »
brader alvinH, sa laid-out plan mo maraming naghihintay dyan... paano yan items # 5 & 6 aabangan namin ang PICS...  :o  ;D   ;D

Advance congratz!
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline XXXyzledge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 09:31 AM »
brader.........

musta 1st weekend ng OCTOBER?

may nahakot na ba?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline alvinh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 12:23 PM »
brader alvinH, sa laid-out plan mo maraming naghihintay dyan... paano yan items # 5 & 6 aabangan namin ang PICS...  :o  ;D   ;D

Advance congratz!

Wish list yan ha...guideline pag walang budget...hehehe. Actually, tapos na 5...ung 6 partially tapos na din...ang hirap lang ng tube amp..dami dapat pag aralan...already eyeing one from one of the idols..seek advise muna sa mga pros like you guys. hehehe. ;D

Offline alvinh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 12:27 PM »
brader.........

musta 1st weekend ng OCTOBER?

may nahakot na ba?  ;D ;D ;D

Naku. Stand lang po...and ung hot item ngayon na banned na din pag usapan. hehehe. ;D
Fost ko fektyurs mamya.

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 12:31 PM »
Naku. Stand lang po...and ung hot item ngayon na banned na din pag usapan. hehehe. ;D
Fost ko fektyurs mamya.

Bro we can discuss it here since thread mo naman ito ;D Unlike yun andon sa main board mainit sa mata ;D And may basbas na ni bossing kapitan na hindi banned yung discussion about the hardware ;) :)

Offline alvinh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 12:35 PM »
Bro we can discuss it here since thread mo naman ito ;D Unlike yun andon sa main board mainit sa mata ;D And may basbas na ni bossing kapitan na hindi banned yung discussion about the hardware ;) :)

That's good bro. Actually, long story yun...PM kita short version. hehehe. ;D

Offline XXXyzledge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 01:46 PM »
Fost ko fektyurs mamya.

lambingin na agad si ma'am R para maaprubahan na ang budget!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 50
« Reply #233 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 02:53 PM »

ahem, parang may iba pang storya ah! 
˙ ˙ ˙ ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 03:00 PM »

Psssst pare pm mo na ;D

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 50
« Reply #235 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 03:01 PM »
˙ ˙ ˙ ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp

Offline XXXyzledge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 04:19 PM »

Offline alvinh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: alvinh Room (October: little chunk updates on page 1)
« Reply #237 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 04:38 PM »
hahahaha. Eto latest update mga braders sa naset-up over the weekend. ;D

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=81966.0

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #238 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 04:45 PM »

huwaw! brader alvin, oktober fest na! congrats, nice updates! ganda ng black wall, all black gears.  ;D

Offline gunblade977

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #239 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 04:50 PM »

Congrats sir! Ganda ng effect ng all-black!