Author Topic: Halloween 30th Anniversary Commemorative DVD Set  (Read 1154 times)

Offline JAQY888

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's a bright new world ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Halloween 30th Anniversary Commemorative DVD Set
« on: Jul 14, 2008 at 08:08 PM »
HALLOWEEN 30TH ANNIVERSARY COMMEMORATIVE DVD SET

Anchor Bay has revealed early details on  Halloween: The 30th Anniversary Commemorative Set. The 6-disc package will include the original 1978 film, the extended edition which has been out of print for several years, Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers, Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers, a Halloween 25 Years of Terror documentary with cast and crew, and a bonus Blu-ray release of Halloween. On top of all that, the collectible set will include a replica of the Michael Myers mask. Retail will be $89.97

Here's a look .... release date still TBA though

« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2008 at 08:23 PM by Mr. Hankey »
50pv70;AX200E
NR-808;TX-8555;EX442;SuV85a
Dali-Ikon7;Paradigm-11;SVS-PB12+;B&W
RegaP3;OPPO;CDT15

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Halloween 30th Anniversary Commemorative DVD Set
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2008 at 08:27 PM »
Funny how different copyright holders for the various films makes this a really ridiculous release. Whoever heard of a boxed set that includes only Parts 1, 4 and 5 of a 9-film movie series?

And who would ever want a replica of the mask that DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THE MASK? Walang buhok!  ::)

;D
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2008 at 08:35 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Halloween 30th Anniversary Commemorative DVD Set
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2008 at 11:31 PM »

Oh my, I thought the 25th ANNIVERSARY 2-DISC released of the celebrated HALLOWEEN has put a stop to Michael's tidal wave of killings. But knowing ANCHOR BAY, they push further by releasing the 25 YEARS OF TERROR Documentary DVD. Now, comes this 'misguided' release tagged as 'COMMEMORATIVE'. I admit, it's very enticing but looking more closely, Anchor sorely missed many things that makes this really 'commemorative.' Is is worth it? How come they were able to released all HALLOWEEN movies in one box set at least in Region 2? Law perhaps or distribution thing?

On a different yet similar note: Time will tell when Anchor releases THE EVIL DEAD in TRILOGY on Region 1. Can they be stopped?

« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2008 at 11:34 PM by thegoodbyeguy »