Author Topic: any DVICO NMT user? Feedback pls  (Read 9073 times)

Offline thesaint

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
any DVICO NMT user? Feedback pls
« on: Jul 28, 2008 at 01:59 AM »

http://www.tvix.co.kr/ENG/boards/PressRelease.aspx?act=RD&itemid=377

Totoo ba ito? sino na nakapag try?
20k kasi ito sa villman. Pwede installment up to 12 months.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: TViX M-4100SH/5100SH can now play MKV files?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2008 at 07:33 AM »
http://www.tvix.co.kr/ENG/boards/PressRelease.aspx?act=RD&itemid=377

Totoo ba ito? sino na nakapag try?
20k kasi ito sa villman. Pwede installment up to 12 months.

imho you can get a popcorn hour instead play mkv files too. way cheaper, selling at 16.k with 500gb external hdd included + freebies. courtesy of sir ert or sir gren (two different sellers). or you can get the unit without the hdd for around 12k, yun lang nga its not 12 months 0%.

Offline ggg

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2008 at 08:26 AM »
Yes they can play MKVs.  It is more expensive than the NMT based players.  Parang kotse, masmahal BMW sa Chery...pareho ginagawa, iba lang ang packaging. ;)

With the amount of support (from an expanding community) for NMT players, especially the PCH, I do expect great things from them soon...
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2008 at 08:33 AM by ggg »

Offline uvax

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #3 on: Jul 28, 2008 at 09:18 AM »
I have the M-4100SH. Updated to the latest production released firmware 1.4.52.

It plays smoothly 1080P mkv files. To name a few of the files I have tried it on:

Planet Earth 1080p (no problem at all on the infamous bird scene)
Total Recall 1080p
Matrix Trilogy 1080p
LOTR Trilogy 1080p
Pan's Labyrinth 1080p
2001: Space Odyssey 1080p

My setup is a Tosh 32C3500 via HDMI with HK AVR135 through optical cable.

Offline bigshot_inter

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2008 at 10:31 AM »
Ive been using the TVIX-4100 for almost 1 1/2 years by now. excellent player. consistent updates. can play mkv and h264 encoded files and a whole bunch of other audio video codecs. Although i think there are newer models out right now (TVIX-6500 ???).

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 29, 2008 at 03:43 PM »
Yes they can play MKVs.  It is more expensive than the NMT based players.  Parang kotse, masmahal BMW sa Chery...pareho ginagawa, iba lang ang packaging. ;)

With the amount of support (from an expanding community) for NMT players, especially the PCH, I do expect great things from them soon...

i think bmw to chery comparison masyadong malayo.  ;D siguro bmw to a toyota, pwede pa.  ;)

Offline ggg

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 29, 2008 at 07:17 PM »
;) ;D No offense to PCH owners, I'll be joining you soon pag labas ng A-110 :)

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 29, 2008 at 09:09 PM »

parang ano yan, BMW ang kaha compared sa kariton lang pero parehong v12 ang makina hehehe

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 30, 2008 at 04:47 AM »
;) ;D No offense to PCH owners, I'll be joining you soon pag labas ng A-110 :)

yes, the a-110 definitely better than a-100, ganon talaga, early adopters usually don't get the best in terms of hard and software but they get the benefit of getting first shot in any technology.  ;D

Offline Ricae

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jul 30, 2008 at 10:56 PM »
Who sells the PCH in the QC area?

Offline TeddyCuds

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
any DVICO NMT user? Feedback pls
« Reply #10 on: Nov 10, 2008 at 06:27 PM »
if there's any DVICO NMT user here, pls share how's the performance and any customization tips. Greatly appreciate it! :D

Offline bono vox

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: any DVICO NMT user? Feedback pls
« Reply #11 on: Nov 10, 2008 at 06:37 PM »
i think divico and tvix are the same, chk for tvix thread.  ;D

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #12 on: Nov 11, 2008 at 01:46 AM »
I recently sold my PCH and replaced it with a DVICO TViX M-6500a...well, actually it was the other way around - I got the TViX M-6500a first (bundled with a 1.5TB HDD) from a good deal in Singapore before selling my PCH.

Not that the PCH was a bad unit, it's just that I wanted an appliance that is easier to operate and an all rounder that plays all my media files (video, photo, and music) the same way as I can play them on my PC.  I'm a techie guy who can operate the PCH including the tweaks, firmware upgrades, and network setup - but I guess, I'm the only one who can operate it at home ... should have been ok if it was seating on my room, but it was setup in the living room and was the main media center.

Back to TViX M-6500a > I chance by the said player on an AV shop in Bangkok two weeks ago.  What I noticed was that the remote was very easy to operate (just like your usual DVD player), it supports the same media files as Egreat's and PCH, and most important of all - it plays my music files the way I want it (playlist of Winamp supported and it does shuffle play) + the bonus of allowing background music while viewing photos.  I was actually planning to buy an IPod and an IPod dock that would connect to my Denon 1909 during my trip to Singapore - I was already resigned to storing my audio files and photos to an IPod since the PCH is mediocre on operating those media files.  When I saw the interface and tested it's features and functions, I decided there and then to look for it in Singapore (it was quite expensive in Bangkok) rather than the IPod and IPod dock that I was planning to get.

I'm planning to start a thread on this unit to include my review and pictures of the unit and the interface, following however is my initial take on the unit -

What's good?
- Very user friendly, does not need a techie or a PDVD member or both to operate the unit
- Easy navigation on menus and files (direct to home menu or videos or photos or audio files or setup mode with one press of a button)
- Very stable operating system
- Plays all the video files and audio files (including FLAC) that PCH and E-Great's support
- Supports Winamp playlist, shuffle play on music files
- Allows background music when viewing pictures

What's not good?
- More expensive than E-Great's and PCH ... almost 20k without the HDD
- Limited networking support - only file sharing and media center functions (no torrents download, youtube, saya tv, etc.)

You must be wondering why I like the unit with its limited network/Internet capabilities.  The reason for this is that I found those features as just a plus factor for the PCH and E-Great's, but I do not really use those features since I already have a very decent PC (super for gaming, htpc, and all other stuff) and a couple of laptops at home - why should I try accessing Internet contents and type everything using an NMT remote control unit when I can do it on the luxury of a full-sized keyboard.

I also plotted on building an HTPC for the living room, but my idea of an HTPC is quite expensive (Antec HTPC kasi target case ko) ... using an HTPC solely to connect for my HT setup in the living room would also mean a lot of wasted resources ... this was the main reason that I got my PCH in the first place.
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #13 on: Nov 11, 2008 at 06:21 AM »
but I guess, I'm the only one who can operate it at home ... should have been ok if it was seating on my room, but it was setup in the living room and was the main media center.

my 9 year old son operates the pch a-100 by himself without problem. i taught him how to properly shut down all my gears and the pch is always hooked up to the av receiver. i made a folder for him to choose his movies, eg. cartoons, highschool musical & etc in divX format. funny thing is he keeps reminding me to zoom the screen on my plasma so the channel logo won't appear. i told him that we're already done with the break-in ;D

mura nga benta mo ng pch a-100 + hdd pa.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Nov 11, 2008 at 02:51 PM »
my 9 year old son operates the pch a-100 by himself without problem. i taught him how to properly shut down all my gears and the pch is always hooked up to the av receiver. i made a folder for him to choose his movies, eg. cartoons, highschool musical & etc in divX format. funny thing is he keeps reminding me to zoom the screen on my plasma so the channel logo won't appear. i told him that we're already done with the break-in ;D

mura nga benta mo ng pch a-100 + hdd pa.

Good for you sir, sa bahay kasi my housemates are my parents and my tita ~ nasa 70's na yung parents ko at 50+ na rin tita ko ... mas madali turuan yung bata ....hehehe ;D

Offline gulamsky

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Nov 12, 2008 at 09:32 AM »
OT
need help on how and where to buy TVIX M-7010A...

thanks
50pv80
xpc SD37p2
wharf 8.4/C/DFS
usaudio sub
yamaha rx-v440

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Nov 12, 2008 at 03:30 PM »
OT
need help on how and where to buy TVIX M-7010A...

thanks

Sir, parang M-7000A pa lang yata available ...there's no 7010A available on their website.  By the way, when I purchased my M-6500A two weeks ago, they have M-7000A stocks from the store in Singapore - the owner mentioned that he can ship the items to the Philippines at probably the same selling price in Singapre for a minimum purchase of 5 units.  The M-6500A (without HDD) sells for S$ 500 while the M-7000A sells for S$600 (without HDD) - I can coordinate with the owner and get the final price if a group buy may be arranged.

I was also eyeing the M-7000A at the time of my purchase, but decided to use the extra S$ for buying the HDD.  There's basically no difference with M-6500A and M-7000A in terms of features and specs.  The only difference is the cylindrical metal body of the M-7000A - it looks very attractive though, but the extra S$ 100 can already buy you a 500GB HDD.

Offline digipic

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Nov 12, 2008 at 04:48 PM »
 been using Tvix M4100-SH for more than a year now.  no regrets whatsoever.  it even has HDMI port which I sucessfully connected to a Samsung 32" S81B and a Sony Bravia 40" 40s400.

i was also able to connect a Linksys WUSB54GC WiFi to its usb port with and transfer xvid movie files from my wife's Imac and even my own windows desktop.   it can also play xvid movies from my computer's shared directory.

more than  1 year ko na gamit, more than 1 year na din ako ako never gumamit ng DVD/CD player.    mine nga pala has a SATA 500GB Western Digital Drive which i bought a year ago for more than 5k.  i'm eyeing to replace it with 1 Terabyte WD.  i have upgraded the firmware from their site to support 1 Terabyte.  accdg. to manual, you can connect up to 2 external HDD's.    so 1 internal HDD + 2 external HDD, kaya total of 3 Terabytes of video/audio files.

other features:

you can put passwords just in case somebody accidentally tries to delete your files/folders.
    you can plug in your Flash drive (i tried max of 8GB), and copy files from it via remote control. no PC required.
    you can also play,ff, rew movies on the flash drive. no lag or loss of pq.
    you can move/copy between folders. again no PC required.  just the remote.
    new firmware are released every 6 months or so.  in my case, i have upgraded twice already.  the firmware recognizes new codecs. pero di ko pa na-try yun iba formats.

one major drawback lang: i have no success in playing mkv files  kahit na sabi sa firmware puwede na.   

« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2008 at 04:53 PM by digipic »

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Nov 12, 2008 at 05:12 PM »
  i have upgraded the firmware from their site to support 1 Terabyte.  accdg. to manual, you can connect up to 2 external HDD's.    so 1 internal HDD + 2 external HDD, kaya total of 3 Terabytes of video/audio files.   

Bro, wondering which firmware you've downloaded sa 4100SH mo to get the 1TB support? is it 1.4.52 firmware version? this is the current version of my 4100-sh unit and i'm planning to upgrade to 1TB. also this firmware supports mkv playback.

help naman din why there's no audio coming out from my avi files in mpeg1 format? supported naman sya accd to the specs. hmmm...

Offline uvax

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Nov 12, 2008 at 05:45 PM »
My M-4100SH is already on 1.4.52 and have no problems with the 1TB WD Green drive mounted internally. I am also able to play mkv files.

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Nov 12, 2008 at 06:04 PM »
My M-4100SH is already on 1.4.52 and have no problems with the 1TB WD Green drive mounted internally. I am also able to play mkv files.

thanks bro for the response. will now upgrade my HDDs.  :D

Offline uvax

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Nov 12, 2008 at 07:00 PM »
You shouldn't worry about doing a firmware update on Tvix players as there is a fail-safe method of doing the firmware update. You can always go back to a previous firmware version if you're not happy with the new version. Save a copy of the old firmware just in case.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Nov 12, 2008 at 08:11 PM »
I'm using a Seagate 1.5TB (internal) on my M-6500a ...it's working fine

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Nov 13, 2008 at 10:18 AM »
You shouldn't worry about doing a firmware update on Tvix players as there is a fail-safe method of doing the firmware update. You can always go back to a previous firmware version if you're not happy with the new version. Save a copy of the old firmware just in case.

if i revert to previous firmware, would i lose the capability to play MKVs?

Offline uvax

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Nov 13, 2008 at 05:03 PM »
If your original firmware does not support mkv you will lose mkv support when you revert back to it.

Offline miong

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Nov 17, 2008 at 01:21 PM »
I have M-4000PA model that i bought maybe around more than 1 year na from villman and satisfied na sa performance ny...
but then last week i think, i was watching movie  and smelled something like nasusunog sa loob nun player kala ko nga galing sa aircon but  the player still working but then pinatay ko na kasi baka madamay pa....pero tlaga pala dun sa player nanggaling un amoy. may nasunog sa loob..so pinadala ko sa villman makati park square branch kung san ko binili but then they told me dalin daw sa gil more sa qc pa so ang layo naman so i decided na lang dalhin sa compuserve sa park square. from there tinest nila muna so sabi daw dun madali lang daw un so i expect magagawa nila so after 1 week nagfollow up biglang sinabi nila na di na magawa na at system board na daw ang problema so bad at wala daw d2 nun board na un so bad trip kakahinayang lang kasi di rin mura un player na DVICO na...

anyone here guys kung may masuggest kung san pwede ito pa-check ulet?

thanks.

Offline digipic

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Nov 17, 2008 at 01:54 PM »

tin-ry mo na dalhin sa gilmore, andun ang service center nya sa pagkaalam ko, servimax

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Nov 17, 2008 at 06:42 PM »
i actually know about this unit when i went to singapore last year pa, but as stated it was a bit expensive, so i thought i will come back to it when i have the money. but when popcorn came out, the price was the reason i got the popcorn rather than saving a little more for the tvix.

but even though i dont own it, i think the tvix as said by @raptor, is really a very good unit ad not to mention that the form factor is definitely better looking than egreat and pch. so congrats to people who will buy this unit.  ;D

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Nov 18, 2008 at 04:37 PM »
I have M-4000PA model that i bought maybe around more than 1 year na from villman and satisfied na sa performance ny...
but then last week i think, i was watching movie  and smelled something like nasusunog sa loob nun player kala ko nga galing sa aircon but  the player still working but then pinatay ko na kasi baka madamay pa....pero tlaga pala dun sa player nanggaling un amoy. may nasunog sa loob..so pinadala ko sa villman makati park square branch kung san ko binili but then they told me dalin daw sa gil more sa qc pa so ang layo naman so i decided na lang dalhin sa compuserve sa park square. from there tinest nila muna so sabi daw dun madali lang daw un so i expect magagawa nila so after 1 week nagfollow up biglang sinabi nila na di na magawa na at system board na daw ang problema so bad at wala daw d2 nun board na un so bad trip kakahinayang lang kasi di rin mura un player na DVICO na...

anyone here guys kung may masuggest kung san pwede ito pa-check ulet?

thanks.

bro, any reason why nasunog ang board? was your unit connected to an avr? long playing ka ba? anong fan settings mo? reason for my queries is that i'm using my 4100 around 5hrs a day. so minsan mainit din lagi.

Offline miong

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Nov 18, 2008 at 05:14 PM »
bro, any reason why nasunog ang board? was your unit connected to an avr? long playing ka ba? anong fan settings mo? reason for my queries is that i'm using my 4100 around 5hrs a day. so minsan mainit din lagi.

i'm not sure kung board un nasunog basta nangamoy na lang sya... usully everyday ko rin gamit but around 2 hrs lang sya gamit and malakas un aircon so malamig tlaga dun sa area ng tv at dvico...but unfortunately hindi sya naka avr wala naman fluctuation ng current dun sa place namin...fan settings default lang ako wala akong binago....mejo umiinit din sya pero control naman un init dahil dun sa aircon...i dunno what the exact reason kung bakit may nasunog dun sa unit...pinadala ko lang kasi sa service center na compuserve malayo kasi un gilmore since wala na rin warranty un unit....