Author Topic: any DVICO NMT user? Feedback pls  (Read 9072 times)

Offline TeddyCuds

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
Re: any DVICO NMT user? Feedback pls
« Reply #30 on: Nov 20, 2008 at 05:05 PM »
thanks for the info bro. hope your unit will be repaired.

anybody knows how to solve this problem:

i have 2 HDDs with mkv files. if i transfer 1 mkv to the other HDD, it wont play from that HDD. if i transfer it back to the original HDD, it plays back. any idea?

thanks in advance!

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Nov 21, 2008 at 09:27 AM »
up ko lang.  ;D

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #32 on: Nov 21, 2008 at 02:54 PM »
thanks for the info bro. hope your unit will be repaired.

anybody knows how to solve this problem:

i have 2 HDDs with mkv files. if i transfer 1 mkv to the other HDD, it wont play from that HDD. if i transfer it back to the original HDD, it plays back. any idea?

thanks in advance!

Sir, what's the connection of the HDD's?
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Nov 24, 2008 at 12:10 PM »
connected via usb slave port. 1HDD to 1 usb slave port.

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Nov 25, 2008 at 04:45 PM »
up ko lang :D

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Nov 27, 2008 at 10:45 AM »
has anybody tried using powered usb hub to connect multiple external HDDs to the DVICO player?

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Dec 04, 2008 at 10:35 AM »
up ko lang. thanks! :D

Offline fredmontano

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #37 on: Jan 15, 2009 at 10:50 PM »
What about a feedback on the dvico c2000 mini? I thnk it's the cheapest on Dvico's lineup of HD media players.

Thanks

Offline uvax

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #38 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 10:42 AM »
The C2000 mini is standard def only so if you want HD it's not the one for you. Having said that, it's a very good SD player. There are similar portable generic players available that is cheaper than the C2000. Kaya lang yung mga generic nagkakaroon na ng artifacts kapag umiinit na. Yung C2000 mini puwedeng pang-marathon. Meron akong mga ka-opisina na merong C2000 at nung generic. Ganyan ang comment nila.

Offline Lemon_PDVD

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jan 30, 2009 at 12:35 PM »
Mga sir, can someone confirm if the DVICO TViX M-6500a plays DVD/HD ISO files? If it is connected to an AVR or HTIB via TOSLINK/Optical/Coaxial cable and it is playing an ISO file with DTS audio, will the AVR or HTIB detect/decode and output this DTS audio stream to the speakers? Will the DTS indicator light up? Thanks!

Offline uvax

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jan 30, 2009 at 01:44 PM »
DVD ISO - yes definitely. Even older non-HD Tvix players support it. It will pass through the digital audio stream to your receiver. This is how I backed up my DVD collection into the Tvix.

For HD ISO as in Blu-ray rips I believe Dvico is working on it. There is beta firmware available now for the M-6500 /7000 to play Blu-ray rips but it is still buggy.

Offline Lemon_PDVD

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jan 30, 2009 at 09:54 PM »
DVD ISO - yes definitely. Even older non-HD Tvix players support it. It will pass through the digital audio stream to your receiver. This is how I backed up my DVD collection into the Tvix.

For HD ISO as in Blu-ray rips I believe Dvico is working on it. There is beta firmware available now for the M-6500 /7000 to play Blu-ray rips but it is still buggy.

Sir, does it mean that an ISO with DTS audio will have a DTS output wherein the AVR or HTIB's DTS audio indicator will light up just like playing an original disc?

Offline jvm

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #42 on: Jan 30, 2009 at 10:47 PM »
Sir, does it mean that an ISO with DTS audio will have a DTS output wherein the AVR or HTIB's DTS audio indicator will light up just like playing an original disc?

yes it will, just like playing it on a normal DVD player.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jan 30, 2009 at 11:22 PM »

Sir, yup this is confirmed on my TViX M6500

Offline Lemon_PDVD

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jan 31, 2009 at 01:37 AM »
Sirs jvm and raptor, thanks for the information. I think I'll get one of this for now. The avr and ht separates will follow na lang after my house is built. By the way, is it not difficult to replace the internal hard disk?

Which one is more worth buying, an external hard disk or an internal one. I would also be buying at least 1TB hard drive along with this player din kasi.

By the way, will the menu, chapter select and special features of the DVD ISO still be functional? Or only the movie itself are playable? How about the subtitles in the DVD ISO? Are they being diplayed also?

Thanks for helping.
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2009 at 01:48 AM by Lemon_PDVD »

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jan 31, 2009 at 12:25 PM »
Sirs jvm and raptor, thanks for the information. I think I'll get one of this for now. The avr and ht separates will follow na lang after my house is built. By the way, is it not difficult to replace the internal hard disk?

Which one is more worth buying, an external hard disk or an internal one. I would also be buying at least 1TB hard drive along with this player din kasi.

By the way, will the menu, chapter select and special features of the DVD ISO still be functional? Or only the movie itself are playable? How about the subtitles in the DVD ISO? Are they being diplayed also?

Thanks for helping.

I would recommend putting an internal disk for the first one, coz it's much faster (SATA II) and TViX M6500 or 7000 has a good cooling system - cool and silent ... I have 1.5TB internal disk installed on my unit and another 1TB external (WD Mybook), both units work fine ... I suggest that you get the biggest capacity available for the internal disk if you plan to collect HD movies - better if you can wait for the 2TB Western Digital HDD which should be available soon locally.

I backed-up my DVD collections on ISO format ... it plays as if you're playing a standard DVD, you have the menus accessible when you select the file - no difference as in playing the DVD.  Subtitles also work, whether it's DVD or other formats (MKV, etc.)

It's a little bit pricey compared to the other NMT's, but you can never go wrong with this unit ... it's features and stability are way much better compared to the other NMT's .... I used to own a PCH and replaced it with the M6500 - the investment is well worth it...good decision if you get this one - you do not have to wait for the next firmware upgrade for the features and bug fixes that are the usual discussions on the other forums to make those large file 1080p movies to work without issues.

« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2009 at 12:27 PM by raptor »

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jan 31, 2009 at 12:34 PM »
Just to answer your other question, the internal HDD is quite easy to install ... just follow the instructions on the manual...3-5 minutes installed na...matagal lang dito is if you are installing an unused brand new disk - yung 1.5TB ko took more than 12 hours to format (NTFS - same as Windows) + it also took a while to put all the contents ... I would suggest installing the disk first on your PC, format and install the contents before physically transferring the HDD to the TViX.

I wrote some reviews on the M6500, here's the link for your reference - http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=88423.0

Offline Lemon_PDVD

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jan 31, 2009 at 11:21 PM »
Thanks once again sir raptor... I just wanna ask kung locally available ang M6500, and where I could find the cheapest price. Really wanna have this one to complete my home theater experience.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Feb 01, 2009 at 12:57 PM »
Thanks once again sir raptor... I just wanna ask kung locally available ang M6500, and where I could find the cheapest price. Really wanna have this one to complete my home theater experience.

Sir, bought mine in Singapore ... I'm not sure if it's available locally ... Villman is selling the lower models - 4100SH and 5100SH

Offline Lemon_PDVD

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Feb 01, 2009 at 01:20 PM »
Just checked with Villman nga last week. No 6500 nga e. Guys, if ever there are available units kindly post in this thread please. Thanks!

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Feb 21, 2009 at 01:49 PM »
Has anybody tried a 2TB external HDD for your DVICO? how's the performance? TIA

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Feb 23, 2009 at 05:49 PM »

Sir, haven't tried it yet, but the performance should be the same as other capacities since the same interface is utilized ... i'm using a 1.5TB internal disk and 1TB WD Mybook Essential external disk - I'm not noticing any difference on the performance of the internal and external disk

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Feb 23, 2009 at 06:06 PM »
I've tried a 2TB Maxtor on a PC.  That external drive looks like a car battery and judging from its breadth and weight, there are 2 1TB hard drives inside.  Playback is just the same as any hard drive I've tried.  The only pain is the initialization which takes like minutes.  The worst mistake is to turn this unit on while the PC is booting-up as it delays the entire process.  Well I guess that's expected as there are 2 hard drives inside.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Feb 23, 2009 at 07:09 PM »
I've tried a 2TB Maxtor on a PC.  That external drive looks like a car battery and judging from its breadth and weight, there are 2 1TB hard drives inside.  Playback is just the same as any hard drive I've tried.  The only pain is the initialization which takes like minutes.  The worst mistake is to turn this unit on while the PC is booting-up as it delays the entire process.  Well I guess that's expected as there are 2 hard drives inside.

Sir, almost certain na 2x 1TB yung mga available na 2TB external drives ngayon ... yun kasing 2TB single HDD ng WD was only released in the market last week

Offline uvax

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Feb 23, 2009 at 09:57 PM »

Yes it works. Wala namang effect sa bootup ng tvix. Mabagal lang lumitaw ang contents kapag na-select mo na yung external hard disk.

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Feb 25, 2009 at 08:32 AM »
thanks guys for the feedback. i've got 2x 1TB HDD connected to my TVIX. eh puno na. need to upgrade soon to 2TB para manageable ang space. else have to use a powered usb hub.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Feb 25, 2009 at 08:33 PM »
thanks guys for the feedback. i've got 2x 1TB HDD connected to my TVIX. eh puno na. need to upgrade soon to 2TB para manageable ang space. else have to use a powered usb hub.

Sir, you may want to upgrade the internal HDD instead ...PC Hub is selling the new WD 2TB HDD (for internal) for 12.5k only ...here's the link - http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=2851533

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Feb 26, 2009 at 11:28 AM »
Sir, you may want to upgrade the internal HDD instead ...PC Hub is selling the new WD 2TB HDD (for internal) for 12.5k only ...here's the link - http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=2851533

oo nga no. forgot about the internal hdd. gastos na naman! :D

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Mar 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM »
just want to up the thread ... wala kasi masyado discussion with tvix, but i guess it is also good because most of the discussion on the other thread is waiting for firmware updates to make some things works ... with tvix, it seems that the manufacturer got everything covered - no issue with dts - it's been working on my unit from day 1 i used it ... now trying truehd - ok pa rin .... no issues with video files as well  ;D ;D ;D

Offline fredmontano

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Mar 17, 2009 at 10:26 PM »
Well I just got my first ever NMT its the M400PA Tvix.  ;) I know its an old model and cannot play HD files but then I only have SD TV so basically it suits me well. Its a brand new unit with warranty which I got only for 2700. I got it cheap since other stores are still selling this item for 4,000 pesos or more even though it is already a discontinued product. I placed in a brand new 250 GB IDE hitachi drive which I got for 2300 pesos and ... VIOLA...  ;D Instant cheap media player for 5,000 pesos.

What I like more about this model is its LAN connection which can look for my shared files on my desktop and play them to be seen in the TV. Should I need more storage I can always buy those terabyte hard disks and connect them through USB on the TVIX.

Since this is a SD NMT I need to convert my HD and DVD files to XVID. Well, for that purpose I just use Xvid4psp, a freeware, which can encode almost everything like .h264, mkv, divx, xvid, etc. For less than 2 hours I already have a xvid encoded avi file with a good PQ ratio.  :)

Moreover, the TVIX GUI is highly customizable as there are freeware programs like TVIXIE and Movie GUI Builder which automatically creates folder icons, wallpapers and movie summaries.  ;)

So sulit talaga itong TVIX na nabili ko. :D Later on as MKVs players become cheaper as well as the LCD TVs and terabyte hard disks then that would be time that I will shift to HD.
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2009 at 02:02 AM by fredmontano »