Author Topic: any DVICO NMT user? Feedback pls  (Read 9071 times)

Offline T33K0Y

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: any DVICO NMT user? Feedback pls
« Reply #60 on: Mar 18, 2009 at 12:19 AM »
I have a panasonic sc-pt465 htib w/o DTS decoder and at the moment only the PCH, among the locally available NMTs, can play DTS via optical input (made possible by recent firmware upgrades).

Question:  Mag-play din kaya DTS sa htib ko using DVICO TVIX?

Thanks.  :) 

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #61 on: Mar 18, 2009 at 02:09 AM »
I have a panasonic sc-pt465 htib w/o DTS decoder and at the moment only the PCH, among the locally available NMTs, can play DTS via optical input (made possible by recent firmware upgrades).

Question:  Mag-play din kaya DTS sa htib ko using DVICO TVIX?

Thanks.  :) 

same as PCH, it does not really decode DTS ... it downmixes DTS to play in stereo mode ... it should be able to do that on your htib, there should be no issue...mas advance actually yung availability ng feature sa TVIX - trueHD, bookmarks, etc. has been available since last year
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Mar 18, 2009 at 02:07 PM »
hhmmm... pwede... :)

Thank you sir... ;D

Offline TeddyCuds

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #63 on: Mar 18, 2009 at 02:43 PM »
Well I just got my first ever NMT its the M400PA Tvix.  ;) I know its an old model and cannot play HD files but then I only have SD TV so basically it suits me well. Its a brand new unit with warranty which I got only for 2700. I got it cheap since other stores are still selling this item for 4,000 pesos or more even though it is already a discontinued product. I placed in a brand new 250 GB IDE hitachi drive which I got for 2300 pesos and ... VIOLA...  ;D Instant cheap media player for 5,000 pesos.

What I like more about this model is its LAN connection which can look for my shared files on my desktop and play them to be seen in the TV. Should I need more storage I can always buy those terabyte hard disks and connect them through USB on the TVIX.

Since this is a SD NMT I need to convert my HD and DVD files to XVID. Well, for that purpose I just use Xvid4psp, a freeware, which can encode almost everything like .h264, mkv, divx, xvid, etc. For less than 2 hours I already have a xvid encoded avi file with a good PQ ratio.  :)

Moreover, the TVIX GUI is highly customizable as there are freeware programs like TVIXIE and Movie GUI Builder which automatically creates folder icons, wallpapers and movie summaries.  ;)

So sulit talaga itong TVIX na nabili ko. :D Later on as MKVs players become cheaper as well as the LCD TVs and terabyte hard disks then that would be time that I will shift to HD.

good choice bro. with TVIX all your requirements are pretty much covered. you really get what you've paid for. so far i'm very happy with my unit. reminder lang.. once you've shifted to HD viewing (mkvs, m2ts, etc), you'll never go back! and your TVIX will never let you down!

Offline fredmontano

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #64 on: Mar 18, 2009 at 09:23 PM »
Well I just used a modded firmware for Tvix M4000. Its interface is now almost similar to its newer sibling the Tvix 6500.  ;D. User interface looks even better.  ;) I'm still learning to create modded firmware for my TVIX through opentvix.com  ;)

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Mar 19, 2009 at 02:55 PM »
How does the older models 4000, 4100SH or 5100SH fare with the newer models in terms of specs and performance?   ???

Tsk..tsk.. sayang! the 6500 or 7000 models are not available locally.   :'(

Offline fredmontano

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Mar 19, 2009 at 03:20 PM »
How does the older models 4000, 4100SH or 5100SH fare with the newer models in terms of specs and performance?   ???

Tsk..tsk.. sayang! the 6500 or 7000 models are not available locally.   :'(

Here's a link for the comparison between the different models of Dvico media players. http://www.tvxhd.com/comparativetable.htm

The 4100Sh and above models can support and play MKVs and .h264 while the older models like M4000 and the M3100U and C2000 series supports only XVID. But the M4000 also supports wmv which cannot be seen on the M3000 and C2000 series.  ;) One more thing, the GUI for the newer models are nicer compared with the old ones. But there on my unit for instance I flashed it with the modded firmware so that the GUI would like the one found in the M6500 series. I also came across with a modded firmware for my M4000 wherein you can customized the GUI without flashing the unit. You just have to include the appropriate jpegs on the root of the tvix drive. 

Offline ASuL

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Mar 19, 2009 at 06:04 PM »
how come the local distributor is not bringing in the newer models...

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Mar 19, 2009 at 06:57 PM »
how come the local distributor is not bringing in the newer models...

It may be due to price competitiveness ... it's way more expensive than the PCH and Egreat .... I bought my M6500A in Singapore for S$ 599 (PhP 18k+), compare that to PhP 12k ~ 13.5k price of PCH and Egreat ... Personally, I would say that the higher price is well worth it, considering the stability, better features, and user friendliness of TVIX ... price however is always a big factor when deciding to purchase an item

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Mar 19, 2009 at 08:07 PM »

Here's a link for the comparison between the different models of Dvico media players. http://www.tvxhd.com/comparativetable.htm

Sir, in chinese characters pala yung comparative table ;D di ko naintindihan.. hehehe...

Offline fredmontano

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Mar 19, 2009 at 08:17 PM »

Sir, in chinese characters pala yung comparative table ;D di ko naintindihan.. hehehe...

OO nga ganun talaga yun kasi galing Korea ang design nitong TVIX. But essentially you can see the video formats and audio formats that each model can play as designated by a check. If you want a more comprehensive specification for each model you can always go to their website and browse them one by one. The only good thing with the link I posted that everything is already compared side by side on a single page.  ;)

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Mar 19, 2009 at 08:27 PM »

sir, here's a link to the comparison table in english - http://www.tvix.co.kr/ENG/Products/comparativetable.html

Offline fredmontano

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Mar 19, 2009 at 08:38 PM »
sir, here's a link to the comparison table in english - http://www.tvix.co.kr/ENG/Products/comparativetable.html

The link only shows the current models released by DVico but the good thing is that everything is in English.  :) Thanks

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Mar 24, 2009 at 09:45 PM »
OO nga ganun talaga yun kasi galing Korea ang design nitong TVIX. But essentially you can see the video formats and audio formats that each model can play as designated by a check. If you want a more comprehensive specification for each model you can always go to their website and browse them one by one. The only good thing with the link I posted that everything is already compared side by side on a single page.  ;)

Thanks guys ;D

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Mar 28, 2009 at 01:14 PM »
new firmware available for M6500, here's the link - http://dvdnews.free.fr/TViX/M-6500/

CHANGELOG:

Changes from 1.3.95
- Video playback
- Improved AVI and MKV playback
o Improved compatibility
o Now, support MKV chapter.
If a file has chapters, ¡°CHAPTERS¡± OSD will be shown.
Can navigate to specific chapters using the previous, next key and Go-To popup.
o Fixed the bug that system reboot when playing DIVX(extension) files with embedded subtitles.
- Supports change of embedded subtitles in mp4 files.
- Supports moving 15sec back and forth on DVD with the up and down keys just like other files
- Fixed the pitch change when volume is changed with specific files.
- Fixed audio is out through HDMI when DVD is playing even though HDMI audio out is off.

- Audio playback
- Supports 24bit flac files
- Supports M4B files
- Fixed OGG does not sound on HDMI after boot.

- Picture playback
- Now, users can preview thumbnails if the files have a thumbnail in them.
o User can change the view mode just like the icon mode.
o On the thumbnail view mode, users can select files to view using Zoom, 0 and Scroll keys on the Remote controller. The menu will be shown on the bottom of the screen.
- Improved compatibility
- Shows EXIF information correctly.

- General
- Readability of characters has been improved including the subtitles
- Now supports more Wi-Fi modules
o D-link DWA-140(11n) (HW Ver: B1) and D-link DWA-110 (HW Ver: A1) are supported now.
- Now, FTP and SAMBA server start up option can be set on the setup.
- Now, users can change the FTP password.
- Now, users can set ID and password for the SAMBA access.
- Now, supports NTP server sync. (Settings for the NTP on the DTV tab moved to the network setting tab)
- Known issues for Video related
- Some TP/TS information may not correct.
- When HD Audio pass-through is on, S/PDIF does not output.
- When HD Audio pass-through is off with HD audio stream, the playback is not smooth.
o When DTS audio setting is digital, HDMI audio is ON and HD audio pass-through is set to ON, then audio is not heard on the SPDIF output.
o For the same setting, if HDMI audio is set to OFF, then audio is HEARD on the SPDIF output.
- Some TP/TS files may cause the system rebooting.
- Some WMV may not play correctly.
- The digital output for AAC/WMA is disabled.
- Does not support PCM audio track on MP4 now.
- Some low sampling frequency(below 32KHz) on AVI and MKV may not sound on HDMI.
- For MP3 files with low sampling frequency, the TVIX might crash while playing or trick play like FF or RW.
- M4A files are not supported now and AAC may not played correctly and this will be fixed on the later version.
- Known issues for PVR
- After channel changed, you may not here audio in short time. This is the bug from the chip manufacturer. To solve this, you can press DTV key or Audio key on the remote.

- Known issues for Video related
- Some TP/TS information may not correct.
- When HD Audio pass-through is on, S/PDIF does not output.
- When HD Audio pass-through is off with HD audio stream, the playback is not smooth.
¡Û When DTS audio setting is digital, HDMI audio is ON and HD audio passthrough is set to ON, then audio is not heard on the SPDIF output.
¡Û For the same setting, if HDMI audio is set to OFF, then audio is HEARD on the SPDIF output.
- Some TP/TS files may cause the system rebooting.
- Some WMV may not play correctly.
- The digital output for AAC/WMA is disabled.
- Does not support PCM audio track on MP4 now.
- Some low sampling frequency on AVI and MKV may not sound on HDMI.
- Some MKV with AAC may not sound.

- Known issues for Audio and pictures playing
- For MP3 files with low sampling frequency, the TVIX might crash while playing or trick play like FF or RW.
- M4A files are not supported now and AAC may not played correctly and this will be fixed on the later version.

- Known issues for PVR
- After channel changed, you may not here audio in short time. This is the bug from the chip manufacturer. To solve this, you can press DTV key or Audio key on the remote.

- Known issues for general issues.
- If you play files without refreshing the file list after delete files through FTP or SAMBA server, the system will reboot.

*** If you play files with HD audio tracks like Dolby TrueHD, , Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD MA or LPCM, you better turn on HD Audio pass through on the setup even though you don't have a receiver that supports decoding of these formats. Otherwise, you will hear strange noise with some repe***ve popping noise. Currently, we don¡¯t support core decoding, if you don't have a HD audio decoder receiver, you need to select other then these HD audio tracks audio track for now.

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Jun 18, 2009 at 12:55 PM »
does any know how to improve the look of the main menu screen of any dvico player? or to change the background picture? TIA!

Offline uvax

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #76 on: Jun 18, 2009 at 01:49 PM »
does any know how to improve the look of the main menu screen of any dvico player? or to change the background picture? TIA!

You can try this:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archive/index.php/t-956613.html

Offline TeddyCuds

• Collector
  • This is It!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Jun 18, 2009 at 04:20 PM »

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #78 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 02:48 AM »
anybody here owns a tvix C2000 (2.5''hdd) media player? i plan to buy one and use in my car instead of replacing the head unit to a dvd player. this player can only divX, avi, etc. but not mkv. this should have  enough resolution partnered with a 7'' in-car headrest lcd.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Jun 28, 2009 at 01:30 PM »
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2009 at 01:32 PM by raptor »

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Jun 29, 2009 at 10:20 AM »
i tried the new firmware, it's working well ... one cool thing that was added is that you can already view picture thmbnails when opening photo folders