Author Topic: TV5 : Shakin' the TV Landscape  (Read 7867 times)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: TV5 : Shakin' the TV Landscape
« Reply #30 on: Aug 17, 2008 at 01:35 AM »

Marl_5,

Saw a twin-bill episodes of WATERBOYS TV Series just hours ago. Will it be a permanent airing every Saturday night? Loved the series, don't care if it's already an old show. Saw the original movie version and I had a blast watching it on video with a good friend. The TV show that you aired recently is really funny, too. Hopefully, it will stay on your channel. And a back-to-back episode, too to double the fun.

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #31 on: Aug 23, 2008 at 04:21 PM »

Marl_5,

Saw a twin-bill episodes of WATERBOYS TV Series just hours ago. Will it be a permanent airing every Saturday night? Loved the series, don't care if it's already an old show. Saw the original movie version and I had a blast watching it on video with a good friend. The TV show that you aired recently is really funny, too. Hopefully, it will stay on your channel. And a back-to-back episode, too to double the fun.

Yes sir, back to back sya every Sat for the meantime.  We're still waiting for some program deals to get finalized but WBoys is definitely fun to watch!  ;D

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Aug 28, 2008 at 04:53 PM »
Yes sir, back to back sya every Sat for the meantime.  We're still waiting for some program deals to get finalized but WBoys is definitely fun to watch!  ;D

Okay. Hopefully WATERBOYS will stay longer on that timeslot. I don't mind watching the show even on a later slot if the need arises to move its airing. :)

Offline bono vox

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Aug 28, 2008 at 04:59 PM »
nice to watch those two sexy girls (foreigner):o that speaking in tagalog.  ;D
whats their name sir marl-5? ::)

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #34 on: Aug 28, 2008 at 05:11 PM »
Jas, so far so good...OK ang programs...CONGRATS! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Aug 28, 2008 at 05:20 PM »
sir marl,

i was able to watch the teaser for one of the new shows of TV5 -- Talentadong Pinoy. pictures/clips of all world-renowned Pinoy talents (from various fields) were shown. i don't know if i just missed it but i think i did not see pacman there.  ;D

but i am not saying that he should be there. just curious. :)

congrats by the way...keep shaking.  :)
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline chizcake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Aug 29, 2008 at 01:24 PM »

another nice show that i got to watch is

travelling with a shoestring (tama ba title ko hehhe)

congrats and more power.
37LD460
BDP1500
RXV-450
A-Audio Tablette 5' FS
WH2 Center
KLH Surround

Offline viper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Aug 29, 2008 at 02:00 PM »

Hi Guys,

Am inviting everybody to watch tom the launching of the newest UHF TV channel on the block - TV5.

Just asking if this is just a typo. I have to explain this kasi to Engineering students  ;D ;D

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Aug 29, 2008 at 09:30 PM »
nice to watch those two sexy girls (foreigner):o that speaking in tagalog.  ;D
whats their name sir marl-5? ::)

Hi bro, arriana and diana - brazilians.  You can likewise catch Diana on Eat Bulaga hosting one of the games.  She started out as 'wall paper' given that she's a knock out but now she has speaking parts.  Ariana actually started that role in Eat, Diana succeeded her.  ;)  Very pleasant personalities.

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Aug 29, 2008 at 09:39 PM »
sir marl,

i was able to watch the teaser for one of the new shows of TV5 -- Talentadong Pinoy. pictures/clips of all world-renowned Pinoy talents (from various fields) were shown. i don't know if i just missed it but i think i did not see pacman there.  ;D

but i am not saying that he should be there. just curious. :)

congrats by the way...keep shaking.  :)

Hi bro, that teaser plug was just to say that Pinoys have so many talents (some famous Fils worldwide were mentioned).  Sa Talentadong Pinoy, the ordinary Pinoy have the chance to showcase his own unique talent.  The catch is whatever his talent is, we're game (Di lang sa kanta at sayawan).  Whether you eat fire or jump inside hoops, this is the avenue to showcase all that!  Talentado talaga!  :D

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Aug 29, 2008 at 09:48 PM »

another nice show that i got to watch is

travelling with a shoestring (tama ba title ko hehhe)

congrats and more power.

Hi bro, thanks for the kind words.  The show you watched was Travel on a Shoestring (Thurs at 10pm).  Really fun and down-to-earth travel show.  Glad you enjoyed it!

The TV5 site is still on Beta testing but here's a snapshot of the full weekly sked:
http://www.tv5.com.ph/programguide_full.html

Thanks for your continued support buddy!  ;)

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Aug 29, 2008 at 09:54 PM »
Just asking if this is just a typo. I have to explain this kasi to Engineering students  ;D ;D

Typo, tama ka sir, should be VHF.  Thanks buddy.  ;)
PS: Please have your Eng'g studes watch na rin the shows - hehe...  Many thanks sir!
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2008 at 09:55 PM by Marl_5 »

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Sep 01, 2008 at 03:48 PM »

TV5 has one of the best foreign shows aired today (albeit old already), WATERBOYS. Loved the original movie version and this TV version do registered as well. Comic situations' a spot on! ;)

Offline heuer

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Sep 03, 2008 at 02:58 PM »
LOKOMOKO! Better than the previous WOW MALI. Nice script and new ideas.

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Sep 04, 2008 at 04:20 PM »

TV5 has one of the best foreign shows aired today (albeit old already), WATERBOYS. Loved the original movie version and this TV version do registered as well. Comic situations' a spot on! ;)

Wow thank you sir for staying tuned.  it's about to finish so hang on for the last few eps.

Cheers!

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Sep 04, 2008 at 04:21 PM »
LOKOMOKO! Better than the previous WOW MALI. Nice script and new ideas.

Wow, thank you for your feedback bro heuer!  Glad you enjoy it, keep tuned.  ;)

Offline newbie pa rin

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, newbie here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #46 on: Sep 04, 2008 at 04:38 PM »
A new alternative TV station.
Good reception.
Keep it up.

comments ko lang parang di catchy ang station name and logo nyo.
too simple for me I was looking for something with a bang.
 but thats just me
Where there is no vision, the people perish

Offline bono vox

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Sep 04, 2008 at 04:56 PM »
Hi bro, arriana and diana - brazilians.  You can likewise catch Diana on Eat Bulaga hosting one of the games.  She started out as 'wall paper' given that she's a knock out but now she has speaking parts.  Ariana actually started that role in Eat, Diana succeeded her.  ;)  Very pleasant personalities.

thanks!... yeah! always watching them in their OGAG shows every wednesday... very funny when they speak in tagalog... i wonder, did they understand what they're reading? just curious!  ::)

btw... tell them that i'm one of their avid fan.  ;)

Offline rock_star

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Sep 06, 2008 at 12:02 AM »
lafftrip yung rakista. i know old people won't get the show but its definitely lafftrip for teens. nung tiningnan ko yung credits, sina quark henares pala yung director eh kaya pala talagang comedy and good camera shots.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Sep 06, 2008 at 12:33 PM »
Wow thank you sir for staying tuned.  it's about to finish so hang on for the last few eps.

Cheers!

Will there be WATERBOYS 2? Please don't change the sked with the remaining episodes. I've checked this show online and hopefully there will be season 2.

I opted to stay in our house (my family went to dine out) just to catch this show last Saturday. ;D

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Sep 07, 2008 at 11:15 PM »
A new alternative TV station.
Good reception.
Keep it up.

comments ko lang parang di catchy ang station name and logo nyo.
too simple for me I was looking for something with a bang.
 but thats just me

Thanks for your comment sir.  We've had a number of studies on the designs for the new channel and as expected, everybody has an opinion on what works and doesn't. We just tried to go with the consensus and some research.

Well at the end of the day, in marketing, there's this saying - a brand can't be everything to all people.  That's why there's such a thing as 'positioning' which is how you'd want your brand to sit in the minds of your consumers.  That's where all the excitement comes in, how you can differentiate yourselves while staying relevant to your target publics.

Am sure the design's not perfect, but hang in awhile bro - it may just grow on you.  ;D  Again, many thanks for the feedback.  Cheers!

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Sep 07, 2008 at 11:18 PM »
i wonder, did they understand what they're reading? just curious!  ::)

btw... tell them that i'm one of their avid fan.  ;)

Not all. ;D  But in time, they'll learn the ropes - comprehension is inevitable.  Well personally, I hope they don't learn too quickly cause that's one of the unique things about them hosting - the 'broken tagalog.'  ;)

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Sep 07, 2008 at 11:18 PM »

Will there be WATERBOYS 2? Please don't change the sked with the remaining episodes. I've checked this show online and hopefully there will be season 2.

I opted to stay in our house (my family went to dine out) just to catch this show last Saturday. ;D

hi sir, WB2 not yet confirmed but will try to track down that second season then.  ;)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 03:40 AM »

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole first season of WATERBOYS Marl_5. Thanks for airing this on your station. :)

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Sep 21, 2008 at 10:43 PM »

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole first season of WATERBOYS Marl_5. Thanks for airing this on your station. :)

thanks buddy, glad you liked it.  I do appreciate you being an avid patron - cheers to that!  Also mentioned to the mgt committee that we have solid waterboys fans down here!  ;)  Keep tuned bro.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Oct 04, 2008 at 01:01 AM »

Enjoyed watching PHILIPPINES' SCARIEST CHALLENGE last night. Not so much of expecting ghostly apperances but watching the reactions of guest challengers. Krista Ranillo is the latest challenger to quit. I just hope the show, if there will be season 2, be moved to a later slot.

Marl_1, sent you pm recently. Were you able to read it? :)

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Oct 04, 2008 at 01:34 AM »

Enjoyed watching PHILIPPINES' SCARIEST CHALLENGE last night. Not so much of expecting ghostly apperances but watching the reactions of guest challengers. Krista Ranillo is the latest challenger to quit. I just hope the show, if there will be season 2, be moved to a later slot.

Marl_1, sent you pm recently. Were you able to read it? :)

hi, congrats you're now a dvd guru!  anyway, haven't received any pm's - must be the issue with our messaging system; have been experiencing some difficulties as well sending out msgs.  Wait for the halloween special of Phil Scariest - where Joyce Jimenez is one of the participants.  As you might have heard, she recently encountered a major car mishap - she's safe now though.  FYI, she was on her way back from taping Phil Scariest when she had the accident - lots of talk whether there were certain 'things' which caused the accident....

Offline chizcake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Oct 04, 2008 at 01:38 AM »
hi, congrats you're now a dvd guru!  anyway, haven't received any pm's - must be the issue with our messaging system; have been experiencing some difficulties as well sending out msgs.  Wait for the halloween special of Phil Scariest - where Joyce Jimenez is one of the participants.  As you might have heard, she recently encountered a major car mishap - she's safe now though.  FYI, she was on her way back from taping Phil Scariest when she had the accident - lots of talk whether there were certain 'things' which caused the accident....

sir marl

when will this be aired?

by the way

i liked the show ogags!!

hehe

thanks
37LD460
BDP1500
RXV-450
A-Audio Tablette 5' FS
WH2 Center
KLH Surround

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Oct 11, 2008 at 02:57 AM »

I see, so that's where she came from before the dreaded accident. I have a huge crush on her because of smile. But mostly because she looks like kasi my highschool classmate back then. Yes, I will definitely watch your Halloween episode.

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Oct 11, 2008 at 02:47 PM »
         I see, so that's where she came from before the dreaded accident. I have a huge crush on her because of smile. But mostly because she looks like kasi my highschool classmate back then. Yes, I will definitely watch your Halloween episode.

yup abangan mo, we just did a press con yesterday for Phil Scariest and Joy attended to retell her story...  ;)